Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,903 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office (68004 Views)

Coup Fails In Guinea Bissau: President Embalo Says Situation Under Control / US Places $5M Bounty On Antonio Indjai (Former Guinea Bissau Coup Leader) / Jacob Zuma Resigns As South African President! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office by ikorodureporta: 12:07pm On Mar 02, 2020
Mr Cipriano Cassamá, one of the two men who had been declared president of Guinea Bissau resigned his office on Sunday-after just one full day in office.

He said “I have no security, my life is in danger, the life of my family is in danger, the life of this people is in danger. I cannot accept that, that is why I took this decision”.

Mr Cassamá was appointed by parliament, the majority of whose deputies have refused to acknowledge the election victory of the former opposition leader, Umaro Sissoco Embalol.

Mr Embalol was sworn in as head of state at a luxury hotel on Thursday after the electoral commission had again declared him the winner of December’s presidential vote.

The ruling PAIGC party is contesting that result in the supreme court.

Despite the resignation of one president, Guinea-Bissau still has two rival prime ministers.
Source: https://www.radionigeria.gov.ng/2020/03/02/guinea-bissau-president-resigns/

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office by Kulvas: 12:17pm On Mar 02, 2020
Why?
Re: Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office by masterflowx(m): 1:50pm On Mar 02, 2020
But here in Nigeria reverse is the case.
They prefer to die in power even when its clearly written that they are not capable to handle the affairs of this country.

A man of 80 years presiding over the affair of a nation with over 200 million people and over 250 ethnic groups. How would he comprehend...?

and his dead meat crew with all the Nigerian Zombies can not make heaven.

321 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 02, 2020
Lucid1:

My brother understanding is a big problem on Nairaland.
If you want cheap likes on Nairaland just throw a meaningless shot at PMB.
Another thing here is that the most popular opinion is almost always wrong.

Iliteracy is ruining this generation
just like dis (masterflowx)
Sick people

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office by Kingpele(m): 2:55pm On Mar 02, 2020
Chai, two presidents two prime minister in one country Africa who do una this strong thing... This is the kind of chaos PDP and APC will put this country one day if we don't delegate them come 2023

6 Likes

Re: Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office by Juell(m): 2:55pm On Mar 02, 2020
shocked
Re: Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office by orunmila144: 2:55pm On Mar 02, 2020
grin that nigga took one look at the reserve foreign currency of the country and said 'fu-ck this shit, am out ' undecided

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office by bikerboy1(m): 2:55pm On Mar 02, 2020
grin

He said “I have no security, my life is in danger, the life of my family is in danger, the life of this people is in danger. I cannot accept that, that is why I took this decision

The reasoning/decision of a wise man.

You can all remember what Buhari answered when he was asked what will happen if he loses the election grin

17 Likes

Re: Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office by ChiefAfonja: 2:55pm On Mar 02, 2020
Buhari pls do this na shocked

3 Likes

Re: Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office by babzo(m): 2:55pm On Mar 02, 2020
Wise man. Sharp man. Life no get duplicate.

5 Likes

Re: Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office by lovingyouhun: 2:55pm On Mar 02, 2020
When know something will kill you quick....the guy is wise

2 Likes

Re: Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office by Slawormir: 2:55pm On Mar 02, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Too bad

1 Like

Re: Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office by irepnaija4eva(m): 2:55pm On Mar 02, 2020
WETIN HIM SEE PASS AM.. grin grin grin
HE CANNOT COME AND GO AND COME AND KEE HIMSELF.. BIKO

12 Likes

Re: Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office by NobleAngell(f): 2:56pm On Mar 02, 2020
The guy jaapaaaa. He cannot come and go and kill himself. Someone(name withheld) should take a cue.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office by kirkwood: 2:56pm On Mar 02, 2020
Can't the whole of sub-Saharan Africa, apart from South Africa and Kenya be auctioned off to the US?

23 Likes

Re: Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office by meum: 2:56pm On Mar 02, 2020
Has Guinea Bissau left Africa? grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office by Onyekachi419(f): 2:56pm On Mar 02, 2020
Bubu wil be like look at this coward grin

22 Likes

Re: Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office by 175(m): 2:56pm On Mar 02, 2020
Serious! Precipe for war

1 Like

Re: Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office by Olamyyde(m): 2:56pm On Mar 02, 2020
Buhari please emulate him
Re: Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office by puregrace(m): 2:56pm On Mar 02, 2020
Is he not An African ?
An average African would risk anything riskable to be in that position. I salute your courage.

3 Likes

Re: Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office by cRobo: 2:56pm On Mar 02, 2020
Very good decision

Not Nigeria politicians that rather die in position

Well

I won't say a word

1 Like

Re: Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office by TriCee: 2:56pm On Mar 02, 2020
For real? In Africa? I dey come fess..

Oh, I just read the article. He never stood a chance, dem for just kill am troway. Imagine President without security. Let the court decide his case.
Re: Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office by Iceman2017(m): 2:57pm On Mar 02, 2020
cheesy
It can never happen in Nigeria
Re: Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office by IpobAntidote: 2:57pm On Mar 02, 2020
[s]
masterflowx:
They prefer to die in power even when its clearly written that they are not capable to handle the affairs of this country.

A man of 80 years presiding over the affair of a nation with over 200 millions people and over 250 ethnic groups. How would he comprehend...?

and his dead meat crew with all the Nigerian Zombies can not make heaven.

[/s]

Buy or borrow some sense.

may be we should all worship Namdiot Coward Cownu like retarded brainwashed IPOB monkeys.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office by allthingsgood: 2:57pm On Mar 02, 2020
African leaders are sick
Re: Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office by paulolee(m): 2:57pm On Mar 02, 2020
nice decision n m happy dt at least Africans are thinking abt security n welfare bt I doubt dis can happen in ma country naija bcoz d man go ready to die in power Dan to resign...one popular man oga akpan win common youth president Tru back door last November n was receiving death threats all Tru dt Christmas season coz he betrayed his party n dined wit d opposition n got d post...fams, friends n even pastors warned him to step down for d sake of his life n family bt my guy no gree, had a call last week dt he died in a car accident on a highway...him jus de drive n one empty tanker jus burst am enta bush, d car pieces n dm no even c him body n d case don close afta d burial yesterday n dm don begin plan for anoda election next month....all man most die no mean say u go pass stupidly..

2 Likes

Re: Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office by NothingDoMe: 2:57pm On Mar 02, 2020
masterflowx:

money dey Nigeria na. Free oyel money

1 Like

Re: Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office by pat077: 2:57pm On Mar 02, 2020
how can there be two president in a country in the first place
Re: Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office by lyriclekidd(m): 2:58pm On Mar 02, 2020
Ok
Re: Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office by AmazingELixir: 2:58pm On Mar 02, 2020
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Something Buhari can never do in a hundred life cycles even though he is the worst president that ever lived followed by Hitler and idi_amin

2 Likes

Re: Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office by Jayrockk: 2:58pm On Mar 02, 2020
How I wish buhari had done that

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adolf Hitler's Toilet Seat, Stolen For Years, Set To Be Auctioned At £15k (Pics) / Sasha Obama Kissing A Guy At A Concert (Photos) / Taliban Ride Dodgems and Merry-go-round After Seizing Theme Park(Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.