Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Lagos State Rescues Boy That Was Severely Beaten By His Mother - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos State Rescues Boy That Was Severely Beaten By His Mother (33359 Views)

Police Rescues Boy Chained In Ogun By His Grandmother & Mother For Months (Pic) / Fulani Herdsman Severely Beaten After Failed Prison Escape. / Guy Who Called A Man 'Mad' In Kano Severely Beaten (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State Rescues Boy That Was Severely Beaten By His Mother by naptu2: 5:55am On Mar 03, 2020
The Lagos State Govt @followlasg

The Lagos State Government, through the Directorate of Citizens' Rights, has rescued a severely abused 12-year old boy residing at No. 64 Moricass Road, Agege when his story went viral on the social media, especially on Facebook

Speaking on the incident, the Director for Citizens' Rights, Mrs. Biola Oseni said as soon as the Agency got to know about the abused child she led her team to the stated address on Sunday, 1st of March, 2020, around 5.30 pm, to meet with the boy and his family as well as verify the true situation of things.

Oseni asserted that findings revealed that the boy's mother was the abuser who severely beat her son to stupor with blood oozing out from different parts of his body as a form of punishment.

She said, “When the parents eventually arrived, the boy was not with them. So the rescue team had to effect the arrest of both parents with the help of police officers with the hope of compelling them to produce the boy, which they eventually did”.

While noting that the boy has since been taken from the Police Station and handed over to the Ministry of Youth and Social Development for necessary action, Oseni pointed out that the woman has since been detained at the Police Station and would soon be charged to court
https://twitter.com/followlasg/status/1234699048457842688

Screenshots of the original report below.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Rescues Boy That Was Severely Beaten By His Mother by Fididiguy(m): 6:09am On Mar 03, 2020
I expect a real mother to report herself to nearest authority for doing this to a young small boy without coercion.

Where's the head to do assignments again

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos State Rescues Boy That Was Severely Beaten By His Mother by slimthugchimee2(m): 6:09am On Mar 03, 2020
Should corporal punishment be banned in Nigeria?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Rescues Boy That Was Severely Beaten By His Mother by WonderManly(m): 6:09am On Mar 03, 2020
Haaaaaa...

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos State Rescues Boy That Was Severely Beaten By His Mother by Mraphel: 6:09am On Mar 03, 2020
I know her husband will never support this.
I totally dislike how how some women behave. She's acting according to her emotions not correcting the boy.

Now give me a reason i shouldn't beat this woman if I'm her husband?...your husband has paid your dowry only for u to become a monster for him...in his house

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Rescues Boy That Was Severely Beaten By His Mother by Expert17: 6:10am On Mar 03, 2020
Sars should beat the mother like this......

Before sending her to jail

9 Likes

Re: Lagos State Rescues Boy That Was Severely Beaten By His Mother by cbrezy(m): 6:10am On Mar 03, 2020
in the earlier post they said women has more robust immune than us men, yes this is because we men go out more and we're involved in many occupations and environment which no woman would ever want to find her self in.

So to cut this short, this thread is one of the things woman are good at maltreatment, maltreating little kids, I won't talk again.

I hope she rots in jail
lipsrsealed

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Rescues Boy That Was Severely Beaten By His Mother by LordAzubuike(f): 6:10am On Mar 03, 2020
When I was his age, I received worse than this. Rolling down the years, I appreciate all those brutal beatings. It moulded me and gave my life a meaning.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Rescues Boy That Was Severely Beaten By His Mother by lonelydora: 6:10am On Mar 03, 2020
His mother?
Re: Lagos State Rescues Boy That Was Severely Beaten By His Mother by ayanda3(m): 6:11am On Mar 03, 2020
Too bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Rescues Boy That Was Severely Beaten By His Mother by Nobody: 6:11am On Mar 03, 2020
Check well. It's either the woman has a mental disorder or that is not her biological child.

There's actually something called "too much discipline" and African parents have failed since centuries to understand that. I wonder whether all these kidnappers, armed robbers, rapists, and criminals were not beaten and flogged to stupor when they were kids. How did they turn out? To be princes and princesses or decent men and women? We have to ask ourselves what we're doing wrong. I'm not saying you shouldn't punish kids but this kind of trauma is what gives way to dysfunctional adults.

LordAzubuike:
When I was his age, I received worse than this. Rolling down the years, I appreciate all those brutal beatings. It moulded me and gave my life a meaning.

That's why you're this dysfunctional. A guy like this will beat the light of his unfortunate children, thinking it will "mould" them.

115 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lagos State Rescues Boy That Was Severely Beaten By His Mother by Nobody: 6:11am On Mar 03, 2020
Hey!!! Her own son?
Re: Lagos State Rescues Boy That Was Severely Beaten By His Mother by TheChameleon: 6:11am On Mar 03, 2020
undecided

You can guess where the mother is from.

Jail her and deport her to her Online Republic.

1 Like

LordAzubuike:
When I was his age, I received worse than this. Rolling down the years, a appreciate all those brutal beatings. It moulded me and gave my life a meaning.

You are mad, all of those people that recieved beatings like these too are mad, people that beat them like that too are all mad.

Appreciate what?...assault?..on a minor angry angry. Early this tuesday morning.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Rescues Boy That Was Severely Beaten By His Mother by Tomoyayi(m): 6:11am On Mar 03, 2020
Na wa o
Re: Lagos State Rescues Boy That Was Severely Beaten By His Mother by doyin25(m): 6:11am On Mar 03, 2020
This is wickedness of the highest order

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Rescues Boy That Was Severely Beaten By His Mother by TheChameleon: 6:12am On Mar 03, 2020
angry
Re: Lagos State Rescues Boy That Was Severely Beaten By His Mother by tophumble(m): 6:12am On Mar 03, 2020
Hmmmmm

What will make a woman do this to her own son? The woman needs brain test
Re: Lagos State Rescues Boy That Was Severely Beaten By His Mother by batstan(m): 6:12am On Mar 03, 2020
Poverty!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Rescues Boy That Was Severely Beaten By His Mother by Nickshrapnel: 6:13am On Mar 03, 2020
I wonder what the boy could have done to warrant this shocked

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Rescues Boy That Was Severely Beaten By His Mother by lmm4real: 6:13am On Mar 03, 2020
Mama the mama grin, na normal level naa why una they shout
Re: Lagos State Rescues Boy That Was Severely Beaten By His Mother by mytime24(f): 6:13am On Mar 03, 2020
Wetin hunters no go see for bush

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Rescues Boy That Was Severely Beaten By His Mother by Expert17: 6:14am On Mar 03, 2020
LordAzubuike:
When I was his age, I received worse than this. Rolling down the years, a appreciate all those brutal beatings. It moulded me and gave my life a meaning.

No wonder, u dey misbehave for here cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

17 Likes

Re: Lagos State Rescues Boy That Was Severely Beaten By His Mother by Nobody: 6:14am On Mar 03, 2020
Something isn't right here??

How can a parent dish out corporal punishment this harsh?
Re: Lagos State Rescues Boy That Was Severely Beaten By His Mother by Roon9(m): 6:15am On Mar 03, 2020
Never discipline a kid when angry lipsrsealed

7 Likes

Re: Lagos State Rescues Boy That Was Severely Beaten By His Mother by iCauseTrouble: 6:15am On Mar 03, 2020
Where is justice Binta Nyako, Justice Mary Odili and Justice Abang.... Please give this woman the judgment she deserves. Everything shouldn't be APC vs PDP
Re: Lagos State Rescues Boy That Was Severely Beaten By His Mother by dalass(f): 6:16am On Mar 03, 2020
I just wonder what the poor boy did that warranted this battering...

Frustrated woman

kiss undecided

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Rescues Boy That Was Severely Beaten By His Mother by Focusmind: 6:18am On Mar 03, 2020
Anger, poverty, frustration and difficult environment like Nigeria are deadly combination.

Poor people should stop having children. I don't know the reason why you should have children when you don't have the means to cater for them.

Having children while poor is adding more trouble and frustration to an already worst situation.

The worst is that you will see them breeding children like rabbits without giving a thought on how to turn them into a decent human being.

Most of all these children will later turn out to be a menace to the society.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Rescues Boy That Was Severely Beaten By His Mother by 9jaBloke: 6:18am On Mar 03, 2020
cry God bless whoever reported this. Please always report child/domestic abuses happening around you. God will reward you for saving lives.

18 Likes

Re: Lagos State Rescues Boy That Was Severely Beaten By His Mother by dangotesmummy: 6:18am On Mar 03, 2020
lipsrsealed

Some parents don't know the difference between disciplining a child and abusing him

They'll be taking out their frustrations on the poor child like say na by force to get belle when you know that you didn't have the capacity to be a mother

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Rescues Boy That Was Severely Beaten By His Mother by money121(m): 6:18am On Mar 03, 2020
Ok
Re: Lagos State Rescues Boy That Was Severely Beaten By His Mother by Nobody: 6:19am On Mar 03, 2020
That's some strong kid there.

Trust me.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2 AGIP Staff Shot Dead In Bayelsa(Graphic Photos) / Policemen Banned From Wearing Mufti And SARS Jackets / Hushpuppi’s Trial Suspended Till March 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.