Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Do Nigerians Get Satire? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do Nigerians Get Satire? (531 Views)

Nigerians Get The "Indian Treatment" Brutalised And Battered In Indian Town / The Card Game: A Satire Of Corruption In Nigeria! / What Do Nigerians Do For Recreation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do Nigerians Get Satire? by LA2(m): 12:13pm On Dec 20, 2010
Once upon a time in Nigeria, reading newspapers was a way to improve ones grammar and prose, such was the professionalism of our journalists.
Today however, and especially with the spread of the internet, Nigerian journalism seems to have gone the way of every other thing in the country - witness the poor reporting, sensationalism and obvious lies published on some Nigerian news websites.
Well, I for one found it refreshing to discover a Nigerian 'News' website that tells you upfront that all their stories are made up. Yup, that's right, all fabricated!
But why would they do that, you may ask. Well, wazobiareport.com is a satire website, and as the site itself tells you, all the stories are 'BS made up to entertain you.'
Much as I enjoy the daily articles and the insane replies sent by their resident Agony aunt Ngozi, I still can't help asking myself, "Do Nigerians get satire?"
Re: Do Nigerians Get Satire? by LA2(m): 10:57am On Dec 21, 2010
Well, I guess that answers it. 24 hours and not a single post, reply, comment, or even a challenge. I guess Nigerians really DON'T get satire. Oh well.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is To Be Rebraned Nigeria Or Nigerians? / Casio Digital Camera And Projectors For Sale At A Reasonable Price / Wanna Swap Bold 2 Wit å Touch:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.