Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,736 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

What Are The 3 Types Of Operating System - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / What Are The 3 Types Of Operating System (1750 Views)

Viasat Obtains Full Suite Of Operating Licenses In Nigeria; Plans To Deliver / What Is a 32-bit Operating System, x64-based Processor / How To Turn Off/disable Windows Update In Windows 10 Operating System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Are The 3 Types Of Operating System by daveobasi1: 11:46am On Mar 03, 2020
WHAT ARE THE 3 TYPES OF OPERATING SYSTEM
Good day my guests, today we will discuss about 3 types of operating system. Don't be astonished today that every gadgets uses an operating system. Every gadgets uses different operating system especially your phones; examples are Java, Android, Symbian, Windows e.t.c. So what is an operating system?

An operating system is the most important software that runs on a computer. It manages the computer's memory and processes, as well as all of its software and hardware. It also allows you to communicate with the computer without knowing how to speak the computer's language. Without an operating system, a computer is useless. Now you understand what an operating system is, let look at TYPES OF OPERATING SYSTEM

1. WINDOWS: Most of us that is familiar with computer system will be conversant with this operating system. There are different types of windows operating system;

A. Windows 98 B. Windows XP C. Windows 7 D. Windows Vista E. Windows 8 and the latest is Windows 10. Just before you insist on installing one of this operating system on your desktop or laptop, take note that microsoft have stop supporting windows xp, windows vista, and windows 7. This is really a bad News because windows 7 and windows xp are the strongest and most stable of all windows operating system.

2. Mac OS: This type of operating system is found in Macbook systems, produce and compiled together by Apple Inc. It is also found on smaller apple devices like; iphones, ipad e.t.c. The good news about this operating system is that it can never be infected by virus onlike the windows operating system.

[img]https://cnet2.cbsistatic.com/img/sjLbULMUCejRyJGaNErHxnCjulY=/2019/06/24/f50df611-e3c4-40b5-a04e-91b57a26a102/screen-shot-2019-06-24-at-11-06-58-am.png[/img]

3. Ubuntu OR Linux Operating System: This is an open source system that run on your desktop or laptop to the cloud through the internet. It is used by 50 million people worldwide everyday. i think it has the largest amount of users on like the other operating system.

We have come to the end of this lecture, if you have any questions or contribution , use the comment box below.

see more: https://dtechcomputerschool..com/2020/03/what-are-4-types-of-operating-system.html
Re: What Are The 3 Types Of Operating System by Deicide: 8:51pm On Mar 03, 2020
You are wrong, those are not the types of operating system

(1) (Reply)

Now You Can Trade Your Old Laptop For New One At A Cheaper Rate, Hurry Now / Can I Transfer A Program From One Computer To The Next If I Have Lost The Cd-rom / Where Can I Get A Fearly Used Laptop In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.