Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,211 members, 7,825,793 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? (41272 Views)

Buses In Toronto Canada Vs Lagos Nigeria (Video) / Abuja Vs Lagos Which Is A Better Place To Live In / Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by MiddleDimension: 12:39pm On Mar 07, 2020
theDEVILisHERE:

Those are nice places on average

Better than most towns in other states including lagos

now you are deluded

while you are at it, please be content with the fact that the Abuja El-Rufai cannot be compared to the buses below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLrsA9Lmfso

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by MiddleDimension: 12:48pm On Mar 07, 2020
Gerrard59:

I have read your posts in support of Lagos but what do you say about the SARS issue in Lagos? To me, that can be a good reason to stay in Abuja. And please, when mentioning Lagos, include places like Ojo, Ikorodu, Okokomiako, Iyana Ipaja 'cos those are where the vast majority of Lagosians reside.

last i checked, mpape, Karu, gwags including anwandodo, Abaji etc are all Abuja. that's where overwhelming majority of people live, true or not?
also, are the things i said about lagos true or not? i even provided photo evidence to back it up while you guys have not been able to provide anything to back up your support for Abuja apart from the myth and stereotypes.

SARS problm is there. but i can tell you all through my life in Lagos, i have never been harrassed by SARS operatives. if you dress properly etc, you will not get profiled not saying it is ok to profile people, though.

also, can you deny the daily kidnapping that goes inside Abuja itself as well as on the Abuja-Kaduna road? what about the murder inspired by bigotry that took place close the Aso Rock, the very place that houses the defender of the constitution? you and i know that such a crime is not possible in Lagos.

talking about Iyana Ipaja, well, from Dopemu through the inner streets down to Oyewole, crossing the road to Iyana Odo down to Fdeyi street to the cannal behind them, all have their roads paved. you cannot say the same for say Gwags apart from phase 1, 2 and parts of 3. the other parts of gwags have very very poor road network and the roads are not even paved! this is the same as Kuje.

the point i am making is that there are more inner roads paved in Lagos than you have in the Abuja. i mean INNER ROADS
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Gerrard59(m): 1:57pm On Mar 07, 2020
MiddleDimension:

last i checked, mpape, Karu, gwags including anwandodo, Abaji etc are all Abuja. that's where overwhelming majority of people live, true or not?
also, are the things i said about lagos true or not? i even provided photo evidence to back it up while you guys have not been able to provide anything to back up your support for Abuja apart from the myth and stereotypes.

SARS problm is there. but i can tell you all through my life in Lagos, i have never been harrassed by SARS operatives. if you dress properly etc, you will not get profiled not saying it is ok to profile people, though.

also, can you deny the daily kidnapping that goes inside Abuja itself as well as on the Abuja-Kaduna road? what about the murder inspired by bigotry that took place close the Aso Rock, the very place that houses the defender of the constitution? you and i know that such a crime is not possible in Lagos.

talking about Iyana Ipaja, well, from Dopemu through the inner streets down to Oyewole, crossing the road to Iyana Odo down to Fdeyi street to the cannal behind them, all have their roads paved. you cannot say the same for say Gwags apart from phase 1, 2 and parts of 3. the other parts of gwags have very very poor road network and the roads are not even paved! this is the same as Kuje.

the point i am making is that there are more inner roads paved in Lagos than you have in the Abuja. i mean INNER ROADS

OK, I get your points. As I've not been to Abuja, I cannot compare both places. At the bold, that's a problem I've with most Nigerians regarding social menaces. SARS is a big issue in Lagos and they don't look at how someone dresses 'cos if they did, they wouldn't arrest the son of the owner of the popular hotels in Abuja when he was in Lagos. So because SARS haven't maltreated you, the issue should be overlooked?

https://www.nairaland.com/5713077/kingsley-obiukwu-police-battered-robbed
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by MiddleDimension: 3:19pm On Mar 07, 2020
Gerrard59:

OK, I get your points. As I've not been to Abuja, I cannot compare both places. At the bold, that's a problem I've with most Nigerians regarding social menaces. SARS is a big issue in Lagos and they don't look at how someone dresses 'cos if they did, they wouldn't arrest the son of the owner of the popular hotels in Abuja when he was in Lagos. So because SARS haven't maltreated you, the issue should be overlooked?

https://www.nairaland.com/5713077/kingsley-obiukwu-police-battered-robbed

i haven't said the issue should be overlooked. but remember that we are talking about security here and what comes to mind mainly is not the high handedness of some overzealous security agents like SARS but the behaviour of criminals. now, when it comes to that, Lagos is not too different from many citis around the world and there is no evdence that Abuja is safer than Lagos.

most times the young people SARS disturbs the most are those ones who wear a particular look and who hang around the neighbourhood doing nothing when everyone is at work.

the operations of armed criminals operating in the Abuja Kaduna axis with inpunity is not even being mentioned here as one of the problems facing the morally bankrupt city.
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by theDEVILisHERE: 5:27pm On Mar 07, 2020
MiddleDimension:

now you are deluded

while you are at it, please be content with the fact that the Abuja El-Rufai cannot be compared to the buses below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLrsA9Lmfso

This is not about picture
Go to those places and see things for yourself
They are developing and at increasing speed compared to towns in other Nigerian states including Lagos
Lots of people migrating there and businesses springing up

TBH living conditions in those places are even better than some highbrow lagos areas, fact

No delusion here
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by MiddleDimension: 6:08pm On Mar 07, 2020
theDEVILisHERE:

They are developing and at increasing speed compared to towns in other Nigerian states including Lagos

TBH living conditions in those places are even better than some highbrow lagos areas, fact

No delusion here

i like it very much i am blowing a wide hole in the fragile ego of Abuja dwellers with my posts.

i cannot help you!
but it is a good thing you have not claimed my pictures are doctored which means they are real.
i stayed in Abuja for several years before leaving, so i know what i am saying.
living conditions being better in Angwandodo, Gwagwalada than you have in high brow areas in Lagos? you must be joking!

and that people are moving to those places is the reason those places will degenerate. the infrastructures that is available there is not enough for the people living in those place yet, and more people are moving there. the infrastructures are not even increasing at the pace the population is growing and you think things will be better off?
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by theDEVILisHERE: 6:28pm On Mar 07, 2020
MiddleDimension:

i like it very much i am blowing a wide hole in the fragile ego of Abuja dwellers with my posts.

i cannot help you!
but it is a good thing you have not claimed my pictures are doctored which means they are real.
i stayed in Abuja for several years before leaving, so i know what i am saying.
living conditions being better in Angwandodo, Gwagwalada than you have in high brow areas in Lagos? you must be joking!

and that people are moving to those places is the reason those places will degenerate. the infrastructures that is available there is not enough for the people living in those place yet, and more people are moving there. the infrastructures are not even increasing at the pace the population is growing and you think things will be better off?

"...i like it very much i am blowing a wide hole in the fragile ego of Abuja dwellers with my posts...."

?@#&!?! what d hell u talking about??

Did I tell u I dwell there?

"...stayed in Abuja for several years before leaving, so i know what i am saying..."

U speak narrow mindedly
I very sure u don't travel often
This is 2020 go there and see things for yourself

When u travel around u'll know things first hand
instead of hearsay and pictures

No one has time for dick measuring contest here
These are facts

Many of u on the forum act juvenile, with no sense and need to purge your mind
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by MiddleDimension: 6:54pm On Mar 07, 2020
theDEVILisHERE:

No delusion here

since you are allergic to pictures, i will put more here to show you that Lagos's transportation is still better than Abuja and still the best in Nigeria, yes, i dare say that!

mind you, the pictures i post below are not doctored, they are real! if you doubt it, just go there and have a look!
all the hype on Abuja is nothing but lies! sure, they have a few things going for them, but that's just it! comparing Abuja to Lagos because they have AMAC, is pure nonsense! some people even say Abuja people are more posh than Lagos and that there is more money in Abuja than there is in Lagos just because they see some politicians spend one thousand naira on fake girls! only those who did stole money would spend it the way some idiots are doing in that morally bankrupt city!

abuja and lagos experience only goes to show that true hard workers who make their money legitimately, and who in ACTUAL SENSE, richer, are not superficial in their view of the world! when Jay Z was just a thousandaire, he wore all the gold chains in the world. but when he became a billionaire, he became more like Mark Zukerberg in his dress sense.

the false idea of the city and of self that Abuja and its people have is the reason things in the city are more priced than they are actually worth, and i put a great emphasis on the word "ACTUAL". if not, how can you explain the fact that there are more luxury houses there than people can actually afford? that's just bad economics! a genuine business man, who sweated for his capital, or borrowed money from the bank would sink his money into that not very lucrative market. the very fact that there are so many luxury houses which no one is living in either means the investor did not do a very good feasibility study or he stole the money he used to invest. now, this is why stealing is not good. the reason you steal in the first place is because you are poor in the mind. and you think just by taking someone's money, you will become rich; it doesn't happen that way! to give the impression that you are actually smart and hard working or industrious, you poured the money into real estate and in the end, there aren't too many people who could afford them.

a good business man would consider demand before providing supply so that you don't have waste and begin to record losses. anything aside that, is just bad economics!

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by MiddleDimension: 7:00pm On Mar 07, 2020
theDEVILisHERE:

"...i like it very much i am blowing a wide hole in the fragile ego of Abuja dwellers with my posts...."

"...stayed in Abuja for several years before leaving, so i know what i am saying..."

U speak narrow mindedly

These are facts

a juvenile who finds it sensible to provide back ups for his claims is far better than someone who does not provide back up for their claims.
and are you saying the pictures are not representative of reality? i am sure no one can claim i doctored the pictures.
you all do dickkkk measuring contest here all the time rubbishing Lagos and now that someone else is coming to set the record straight now providing hard facts, which you have not been able to provide, you are becoming all wiggy
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by MiddleDimension: 7:20pm On Mar 07, 2020
theDEVILisHERE:

U speak narrow mindedly

These are facts

take a look at these pictures and see that it is real as you can see that the activities around there look like usual activity that goes on in that place. this should give stregnth to the fact that the pictures i am posting are not doctored, neither are they pictures of special events held there hence the place looks presentable.

this is not an airport, it is a bus station! those who say Abuja has better transportation than Lagos has should please post equivalent of theirs here if it exists.

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by theDEVILisHERE: 8:45pm On Mar 07, 2020
MiddleDimension:

a juvenile who finds it sensible to provide back ups for his claims is far better than someone who does not provide back up for their claims.
and are you saying the pictures are not representative of reality? i am sure no one can claim i doctored the pictures.
you all do dickkkk measuring contest here all the time rubbishing Lagos and now that someone else is coming to set the record straight now providing hard facts, which you have not been able to provide, you are becoming all wiggy

..U waste ur time trying to win arguments online
There is no trophy for such nonsense

The real world is there for all to see
Get real
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by MiddleDimension: 9:16pm On Mar 07, 2020
theDEVILisHERE:

..U waste ur time trying to win arguments online
There is no trophy for such nonsense

The real world is there for all to see
Get real

absolutely
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by lordess(m): 3:13am On Mar 11, 2020
gentleibraheem:

every news that is coming from portharcourt is bad. it's either that of cultists, ritualists, or armed robbery

The level of criminality is way way low right now.

And we pray it stays so.
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by osazuwa23: 8:46am On Apr 26, 2020
As a Nigerian I stayed on the mainland in December from usa near shopright and for some odd reason when I was staying in a hotel a random guy came up to me and asked me what are you doing here as if I some sort of criminals despite the fact that I was staying in that hotel and so because of that I had to show him my room key. I was dressed with t-shirt with wording that didn't have to much design on it and regular jeans that weren't ripped or have any color disorientation. I think when I start going to lagos I will need to wear natives more to blend in or white dress shirt that won't make me stand out as a yahoo boy who overly dressed. I don't know if this a lagos thing or what but I notice that lagosians don't mind there business or if just a Nigerian thing for random people who has no uniform to identify themselves come up to you as if your some sort of suspicious person despite you coming into a hotel full of security who recognize you before you enter. It not like I did anything wrong but overall island I felt more safe and wasn't bothered compared to mainland embarassed . IN Victoria island we stayed out till about 3am no problem there armed police as soon as you reach toll gate bridge. to lekki phase one i
MiddleDimension:

i haven't said the issue should be overlooked. but remember that we are talking about security here and what comes to mind mainly is not the high handedness of some overzealous security agents like SARS but the behaviour of criminals. now, when it comes to that, Lagos is not too different from many citis around the world and there is no evdence that Abuja is safer than Lagos.

most times the young people SARS disturbs the most are those ones who wear a particular look and who hang around the neighbourhood doing nothing when everyone is at work.

the operations of armed criminals operating in the Abuja Kaduna axis with inpunity is not even being mentioned here as one of the problems facing the morally bankrupt city.
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by MiddleDimension: 12:13pm On Jul 28, 2020
gentleibraheem:

lol. now you're sounding funny. that research is definitely faulty somehow. I don't know why you even got to believe them to the extent of making reference to something like that on a social platform. Abuja is where the money is forget aso rock or directors or even the little rich kids you see around. the money is where it is. you just need to be at the right place at the right time. bros walai you go bow

myth, myth, myth! Lagos is where the money is, forget it! how you managed to believe Abuja is where the money is, beats me completely!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Woman Hijacks Commercial Bus From Lagos Driver (Video, Photo) / Which Country Will You Not Go To Even If Given Residence Permit? / Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.