Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,162 members, 7,825,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? (41269 Views)

Buses In Toronto Canada Vs Lagos Nigeria (Video) / Abuja Vs Lagos Which Is A Better Place To Live In / Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Perfecttouchade: 11:43am On Mar 04, 2020
kaludestiny10:
There are nice estates in Lugbe, one of which is River Park Estate. But its expensive.
I worked at Lugbe during my last visit to Abuja (Aluminium windows project) and I can boldly sey that their estates are very conducive and lovely to live.. I Waka around 1am and it was safe.. the abokis in that Lugbe area who secure those areas are well equipped with different weapons but they are kinda nice tho but no pass ur boundary with them cheesy Abuja people patronize me o

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by PrinceDangana(m): 11:43am On Mar 04, 2020
For ur safety abuja is the best,,i was born and brought up in abuja,,am also an event planner here in abuja,,am here for you,,u can add me up on whatsapp or call me for more enquiry,, i will take u round ABUJA,,,08064808701...this the sup for here and ur security is guarantee...
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by dododawa1: 11:44am On Mar 04, 2020
I suggest either IBADAN or ENUGU for you,those are the best state in Nigeria to live happily.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by LeSulk(m): 11:45am On Mar 04, 2020
Never been to Abuja.

But the hell I go through each day going to and coming back from work makes me embrace the angel I don't know over the devil I know.

Suffer don tire me. cry

5 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by PrinceDangana(m): 11:46am On Mar 04, 2020
Jgoldie:

Bros why are you spamming the thread,he has seen your number and we know you’re an event planner or because the op said money is not a problem,you want to use Johnny just come technique for him.Continue ooo
Bro not like that please,,my network here is very bad,,u know glo network now!!!,,sorry for the disturbance boss..
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by ikorodureporta: 11:46am On Mar 04, 2020
Since you have enough funds, there's no basis for comparison, cos Lagos na life itself... except you like staying indoors...& also scared of Lagos traffic

Abuja na north

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by bizhop01: 11:47am On Mar 04, 2020
Jgoldie:

I am a Lagosian,I didn’t count 20 bridges here,tell those 20 million people to tell their governors to develop their villages and stop over populating us abeg
You were born in Nigeria doesn't mean you are Nigerian, ask were you come from and go back to your country.
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Jgoldie: 11:48am On Mar 04, 2020
bizhop01:

[s]You were born in Nigeria doesn't mean you are Nigerian, ask were you come from and go back to your country.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by MiddleDimension: 11:48am On Mar 04, 2020
Ellacindy:
Op no place in Nigeria is 100% crime free, but Abuja is far more better compared to Lagos. Ur choice though

lagos is far better when it comes to security. when have you ever heard terrorists bomb lagos? where is kidnapping more prevalent? and also car jacking?

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by 8stargeneral: 11:49am On Mar 04, 2020
But where are you presently now?
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Solatium(m): 11:49am On Mar 04, 2020
ZuesGOD:
Good evening guys, i just want to know which city between Lagos and Abuja is more advisable for relocation.

Now my number one criterial is safety, a residence that is crime free.

I need a location where i know that no matter the political situation of the country, i am 100% save. The Budget is not a problem at all.

All I'm after is safety between Lagos island, lekki and environs and the main Abuja city.
Which is the best for relocation most especially safety from crime.

A city that will give me the modern city feel, security, infrastructure and access to international connect. Like a powerful neighborhood.

Both cities are safe if you keep to basic security tips.
Your preferred city will be determine by Your budget,What you do for living, and possibly your lifestyle

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Zealoy(m): 11:52am On Mar 04, 2020
Make money in Lagos go to Abuja and spend it,
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Squirrel01: 11:54am On Mar 04, 2020
Ellacindy:
Op Abuja is quite, not too busy streets like Lagos, since u are single if u come to Abuja I don't mind showing u around

Hmm.
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by karnap(m): 11:54am On Mar 04, 2020
hustle in Lagos, when you are done,go back to Abuja, and look for area like Maitama,asokoro and stay, but Lagos is not for you if you don't like gra gra...dragging road with other motorist..

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by MiddleDimension: 11:54am On Mar 04, 2020
PrinceDangana:
For ur safety abuja is the best,,i was born and brought up in abuja,,am also an event planner here in abuja,,am here for you,,u can add me up on whatsapp or call me for more enquiry,, i will take u round ABUJA,,,08064808701...this the sup for here and ur security is guarantee...

have you ever lived in Lagos?
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Zabilon007(m): 11:55am On Mar 04, 2020
donbrowser:

Someone was telling me just yesterday that thieves even steal water tanks and big generators in Abuja.
P.S. She was born in Abuja and she still resides there
Na Maraba/Nyanya she dey live abi?

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Digitalstarlite: 11:57am On Mar 04, 2020
mickykhe:
No where, Go village and start farming, thank me later

Wen herdmens show u love dat wen u go leave...buhari children

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by MiddleDimension: 11:59am On Mar 04, 2020
karnap:
hustle in Lagos, when you are done,go back to Abuja, and look for area like Maitama,asokoro and stay, but Lagos is not for you if you don't like gra gra...dragging road with other motorist..

that's not true!i was born and brought in Lagos but alot of people say i dln't act lagosian.
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by orunmila144: 11:59am On Mar 04, 2020
life in lagos can be extremely sweet but you need at least 100 million naira to achieve that sweetness. for example this is how the sweetness goes, you buy a nice detached house in lekki for like 60 million. next you buy those AC unit that there is holes allover your house and the cool air just comes out from there into every aspect of your house. that one is like 2 million. next you buy huge diesel 15KVA mikano generator that only needs to be topped up once a month ( topping up petrol inn genn avery 8 hours is suffering ) with diesel, thats maybe 5 million naira. next is get CCTV and electric fence and a rifle. once you have all this ? ya life will be sweeter than honney in lagos. in fact if you havve all this abuja will be like one boring village. question is how many ppeople can afford all this ? ( and please do noot go and buy house in an estate in lekki that has security guards guarding it ooo lmao those seccurity guards will frustrate your life with begging for money everyday. never stay in an estate guarded by security guards. its frustrating dealing with minimum wage workers hailing you everyday so you can drop something for them. just buy a private house on a street not an estate. grin

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by PrinceDangana(m): 12:03pm On Mar 04, 2020
MiddleDimension:

have you ever lived in Lagos?

Yes boss,i spent some years in Lagos boss,,7 years
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 04, 2020
ZuesGOD:
what I'm concerned about is not about the money but safety of my life and friends and family incase they visit.
cool we've been staying in Lagos for decades and nothing has happen to our life and our friends and family

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by MiddleDimension: 12:06pm On Mar 04, 2020
you say security is better in Abuja than it is in Lagos?
OP see for yourself that Lagos takes the security of its citizens more seriously than Abuja does.
no wonder there has been no terrorist attack in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by EliteDude(m): 12:07pm On Mar 04, 2020
Gidi, stories abound of zeros to heroes in Gidi...

Money no be problem,
I'd suggest, rent two apartments, one in Abj and the other in Gidi.

After one year, make a permanent choice, or rotate the options

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by MiddleDimension: 12:08pm On Mar 04, 2020
these are other ones too.
security in Lagos is real.
they steal things like generator in Abuja
they also jack cars too.

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Lilymax(f): 12:09pm On Mar 04, 2020
Kylekent59:
Beer palor would finish your money here in lagos. Every Sunday evening, you see niggas, old men, young people; boys and girls squandering their monthly salary or profit they made that week.

When Landlord knocks on the door for his rent, they start complaining.

If you wanna reside in lagos, be prepared.

You're wrong on this. Abuja also has a very high number of beer palours and hang out joints that will also finish people's income.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by truthbitesnaija: 12:11pm On Mar 04, 2020
First off, are you making us feel you are in the village? What happened to your State Capital at least?
Why are people hell bent on relocating to either of these two cities that is already crowded and damn expensive when you can contribute to the development of your own state towns to become a mega city?

Lagos and Abuja will most likely consume your life savings and probably send you back to the inner part of your village, if don't have anything reliable to do to fetch you a steady income

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Bigval5: 12:13pm On Mar 04, 2020
I've stayed in both places, tho currently residing in one...

As a CEO of a job listing company, in terms of Job you'd find much jobs in Lagos compared to Abuja.

Abuja is just connection, without it I wonder how you'd survive else God has destined.
Moreover you'd spend more in Abuja compared to Lagos tho depending on the areas...

In terms of road good road networks... I prefer Abuja any day anytime

In terms of safety, the two states are safe but I still prefer Abuja.

In terms of politics, its fun Abuja is secured..

In terms of Shaku Shaku grin you can still find very cool spots in Abuja for relaxations.

As you said money is not the issue, In Abuja... OP just note if you don't have a source of income, you'd drain your savings smiley

Abuja is safe and better if you have your money.

Lagos tho will make you live life of a typical hustler even if you have your own ride for transport..

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by MiddleDimension: 12:14pm On Mar 04, 2020
this is a state that invests in security apparatus
op, those who say Abuja is safer should give you concrete evidence of the sort of security hardwares that i am giving here for lagos
the idea that lagos is not safe is a myth and stereotypes die hard

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by victorazyvictor(m): 12:15pm On Mar 04, 2020
Pauldollars:

Abuja is relatively safer than Lagos especially if you're staying around Asokoro or Maitama. Moreover we have more security agents located in those places. Place like Lekki, VI and Banana Island in Lagos are also owk if you can afford an apartment there. However, you will need to be extra security at alert. More so Lagos is also a nice place for beach picnics, shows, and a lot of fun if you are the type that loves to hangout.
But I will always prefer Abuja to Lagos

And na Asokoro and Maitama are cheap to live ba?

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by uzohrome(m): 12:15pm On Mar 04, 2020
RapistOnBail:
Your reasoning with the OP is different. You have a poverty Mentality. undecided

For you to have had time to read through, understand and quoted my write-up, it means I am a supper man. Thanks because for you to understand what I wrote it means you have an upgraded poverty mentality. ** If you want an idiot to understand you, you will have to speak like an idiot, that's the only way they can understand ** thanks though.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by MiddleDimension: 12:17pm On Mar 04, 2020
op this looks NYPD or LAPD, right?
lets see its equivalent in Abuja

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) / Woman Hijacks Commercial Bus From Lagos Driver (Video, Photo) / Which Country Will You Not Go To Even If Given Residence Permit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.