Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,014 members, 7,814,462 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady (42885 Views)

Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? / Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? / Should The Tenant Who Is Served A Quit Notice Still Pay The Landlord? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by lawalosky(m): 9:45pm On Mar 03, 2020
Modified:
This thread is for those who is/are sharing same flat/compound with landlord/landlady.

I just wish to share my little experience, and it all happened back then, 2013 when I firstly moved to Abuja.

An agent connected me to this Landlady, a single mother in her 60s. She was weird and she is an "I am always right" type. All the tenants opinions doesn't matter to her.

She tried to conquer every body in that flat. I just kept avoiding her so as not to get myself into disrespecting her.

What pained me most, is she totally stopped answering my greetings 2 months to rent expiration. I noticed She is preparing to change it for, should in case I bring any excuse for not renewing my rent.

I jejely pack my stuffs and relocated to another environment one month to expiration, and promised not to ever live in a house where landlord and landladies are also living inside.

Share your experience living in the same compound/flat with a landlady so far.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by TheGiftedOne(m): 10:05pm On Mar 03, 2020
My landlord and his wife in my present place are like my elder sibling and his wife.

1. It started when I came to clean up the apartment before parking in, asked where I could buy sachet water for I was thirsty, my landlord whom I've never known asked me to go inside and take from his deep freezer. At that point I knew I had hit a jackpot in a good landlord.

2. After I got married, his wife bought me a set of pots. I took ill went to the hospital and came back that same dey. It wasn't like I was admitted. My landlord went and bought me provisions and bread. Many times they both have gifted us things.

3. He would even buy fuel with his money to pump water for free to neighbours who come to fetch. His mechanic even came to repair his car at home and whispered to me the words "this your landlord no get problem at all"

Whether I'll pack from here for now is still a distant thought.

He epitomizes a kind-hearted individual.

All those passing through hell in the hands of their land lady or Lord una Pele ooo.

325 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Birdeyeview: 10:20pm On Mar 03, 2020
my landlady happens to be one of the most cheerful and easy going person have seen so far.
her atitude and that of her husband has made its possible for we the tenants to live in peace amongst ourselves..

196 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by lawalosky(m): 11:26pm On Mar 03, 2020
Birdeyeview:
my landlady happens to be one of the most cheerful and easy going person have seen so far.
her atitude and that of her husband has made its possible for we the tenants to live in peace amongst ourselves..
My sister you are the luckiest woman on earth..
Twice I have lived with landladies, but all ended with regrets, and very common among the igbo landladies (sorry no offense), they always take minor mistakes/things very serious. And ready to cause drama with you for no reason.

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 04, 2020
lalasticlala:

You should have started by sharing yours first
Exactly what i thought!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Makavelli25: 9:33pm On Mar 04, 2020
Baba osheniyan. Thats ma ll
I twale the baba and his beautiful daughters. May i never leave your house now baba.
Na weed u wan talk,baba na boss. His only problem na that im mango tree and coconut tree. Any other thing na do for baba house.
Infact am entering bukky room now. Let me dash baba grandson.
Oseniyan baba for da boys. Oya twale baba

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by lawalosky(m): 11:01pm On Mar 04, 2020
lalasticlala:

You should have started by sharing yours first
It Have been modified.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Tripitaka: 1:33pm On Mar 05, 2020
I once lived in a compound where the Landlady was an elderly Bini woman, probably in her 60s. She would normally talk to me in Bini language whenever i greet her, while I'll just smile or say "well done ma" in response. Only problem was that I neither spoke nor understood a word of the language.

This continued till about 4 months later when some friends came to celebrate with me after defending my thesis. She heard us gisting and talking loudly in Igbo, so she pulled me aside and asked what language I was speaking, I told her Igbo. Then she expressed her excitement tgat I could speak Bini and Igbo, then I told her I do not understand Bini at all. But she insisted I usually discuss with her in Bini, to which I countered that I've never said a word in Bini to her.

The look on her face was gold, she said "your type fit kill person bury am inside room". She was a nice woman. Iye Sawese.

144 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by MansoryMX(m): 1:33pm On Mar 05, 2020
Lemme not share my experiences, some things are better left unsaid. Landlord are another set of people in this world who thinks the whole world belongs to them. Bunch of modafuckas.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by AguofthEast(m): 1:33pm On Mar 05, 2020
When I was growing up I lived in the same compound with a landlord Onwumere eze( Death made him a landlord ). Tenants are not allowed to have Generator in his house and if anything spoils in the house you fix it .. we even bought a bathroom door when living there .. thank God for changing my story

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Xcelinteriors(f): 1:33pm On Mar 05, 2020
My landlord was a very nice man. He died 2 years ago and the building has been handed over to a lawyer who don't live in the compound

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by GboyegaD(m): 1:34pm On Mar 05, 2020
Hell on earth and bliss as well.

Growing up as a Landlord's son was blissful. We had access to our tenants apartment has they had to ours. My tenant's first daughter was exactly a year and a day older than me and we were mates in school. Each time my secondary school mates ask after my sister, they are referring to my tenant's daughter and vice versa to tell you how close we were.

My other tenants were gracious too except for one who was introduced to is by a neighbor. Apparently, bros was lacking someone's daughter without protection. She got pregnant and they had to do some traditional stuff. This was before they moved in cos they came with a daughter and said they were going to the village for wedding that December. This couple drinks irresponsibly and fight almost all night. The height was one day, the idiots were slamming their two kids that they were going to kill them and go their separate ways. My parents had to inform the neighbor that introduced them to us. The couple were introduced to Chosen and a new dimension of craze started. They will hold vigil every night from 12am to 4am screaming at the top of their voice and disturbing the neighborhood. We had to evict them.

We once had a tenant who did not pay for three years. It took my younger sister insisting for my dad to tell the man to quit. My dad kept understanding the man doesn't have money and one time, my sister found an apt she loved at OOU and the landlord gave her two days to pay. My parents gave her the money the following day but that experience for her, she was like we needed to do something. We got my mom on our side and dad had no other reason than agree with us. Imagine, man wey no get money dey carry woman come house come knack and sometimes leave the woman to stay days for apartment wey he rent and no pay.

Lest I forget, most of our tenants moved into their own homes from ours and some did not pay for their last year.

My personal experience was nice living with our friend in school whom we rented her basement. She is Ghanian and she loved cooking so it made life nice for us. Hell was let lose when she started showing interest in one of my roommate (flatmate) and she started acting funny.

Another experience was a very nice decent apartment I rented at a time. My landlord stays home three days in a week but he could be touchy sometimes.

The worst was this Indian landlord who lied to me he wasn't staying in the house meanwhile he was staying on the main floor while I rented a room in his basement. This man comes downstairs everyday to check our kitchen, bathroom, garbage and recycle bin etc. One day I got pissed off and I parked behind his car. Thank God I only signed a four month lease cos I was about finishing my program at the time. I barely slept at home because of him.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Sultty(m): 1:34pm On Mar 05, 2020
Hostel accommodation outside school. the landlord no send me, then my room is always flooded when it rains and he has guts to demand house rent, water is not free, sitting outside is with discomfort stingy man stingy family school days was fun but this man ruined part of the fun

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by alizma: 1:34pm On Mar 05, 2020
I will say I have been very lucky with my landlords and landladies. Two different time I had to leave with owner of the houses I occupied and they were women. I was so close with the first one such that some people think I was one of her son. Unfortunately we lost her to accident about 15yrs ago, after which I left the house but myself and her children still call each other. She is from Obowo, imo state while I am from Ebira Kogi state.
The second one is an ikwere woman. We were also very good to the point she did everything, including trying to get me an apartment within her area because I wanted a bigger space.
To me, peaceful cohabitation is something both party should work toward achieving. more so, we need to know that some elderly people can be difficult to deal with but I always use a particular method, when there is difference I asked myself, let's assume my landlord/landlady is my parent how would I handle the situation?

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Datasolution985: 1:34pm On Mar 05, 2020
Got no experience
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by AGUBANZE(m): 1:34pm On Mar 05, 2020
Wetin my eyes see I no fit talk am finish .

You’re not allowed to bring in any type of visitor , even your own visitor . He disgraces other tenants like they stay at his house free , if he try me I go break him mouth .

I noticed he has been saying a lot of bad things about me in my back so I scattered area , I burst bottle full everywhere ,as he come back from shop fear catch am .

He locks the gate by 7:00 pm , just imagine that , I just jump his fence and smoke Arizona close to his window to annoy the hell out of him.

The daughter started visiting me and that almost drove him insane .

This man was a hot mess , could you believe he turns off the light when he leaves for his shop and throws the whole compound in darkness while everyone else is enjoying light . Do you know what I did , I used my gen always , from 7:00 pm to 7:00 am . He wanted to make life hell for me but i be original werey wey pass am .

If he wants to top up the electricity, he buys like 500 Naira card , just imagine . I spent out of my personal pocket to keep the light running sometimes. If light spoil he will not even send , he’s busy fukcing around with this woman that sells palm wine , I caught them once banging close to this church around 8 pm , it wasn’t even dark enough yet and he’s too stingy to rent a guest house or hotel room for his extra marital affairs .

I no fit talk wetin my eye see finish . To pump water nah wahala , light wahala . Visitors restricted . And you pay for the water and light with the house rent , why won’t he offer services we paid him for .

As of recent the compound is empty , all the tenants packed one by one . He should enjoy his extra marital affairs and his greedy proceeds that doesn’t reflect anywhere in his whole life .

Oga Kaojo, if you stumble upon this ,

From the bottom of my heart , I banged your daughter and nothing happened . And I hate you .

Don’t move into any compound that the landlord lives in with you . Don’t take this advice at your own peril .

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Ajsimon(m): 1:34pm On Mar 05, 2020
NA ME BE LANDLORD

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by sofiscatedmoron: 1:35pm On Mar 05, 2020
grin

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by wilemer: 1:35pm On Mar 05, 2020
lawalosky1:
Modified:
This thread is for those who is/are sharing same flat/compound with landlord/landlady.

I just wish to share my little experience, and it all happened back then, 2013 when I firstly moved to Abuja.
An agent connected me to this Landlady, a single mother in her 60s. She was weird and she is an "I am always right" type. All the tenants opinions doesn't matter to her.

She tried to conquer every body in that flat. I just kept avoiding her so as not to get myself into disrespecting her.
What pained me most, is she totally stopped answering my greetings 2 months to rent expiration. I noticed She is preparing to change it for, should in case I bring any excuse for not renewing my rent.

I jejely pack my stuffs and relocated to another environment one month to expiration, and promised not to ever live in a house where landlord and landladies are also living inside.
Share your experience living in the same compound/flat with a landlady so far.

many pple can relate to this

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by sunluv(m): 1:35pm On Mar 05, 2020
I will not wish my anyone to try staying with landlord or landlady it's very annoying, but if you find yourself in such situation just be careful and be calm to avoid provocation,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by eyeon(m): 1:35pm On Mar 05, 2020
If you're owing by just few months, make sure you kill and slice your chicken in the market before coming home... E get why. grin

116 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Aderewah: 1:35pm On Mar 05, 2020
Lol. Worst experience ever. My landlady was a jobless and useless woman. She had dogs that will always try to attack me after staying in the house for more than a year. One day, she wanted to travel, imagine this woman telling me to find somewhere to stay cos she can't leave her dogs alone.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by condralbedez: 1:36pm On Mar 05, 2020
My landlord is a very good bad guy,he don't joke with me at all,the daughters too are something else,I bless God for giving me a place like this...abeg I dey come,make me and my landlord go reason for uncompleted building

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by GOFRONT(m): 1:36pm On Mar 05, 2020
My landlady of before before.......She is a widow..

It became a landlady turned sugarmama for me....

I dey flex her house, flex her money and the height if it all, I dey chop her.

My landlady, That woman give me Congo shine wella that year sha!!!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Lewis1410: 1:36pm On Mar 05, 2020
Don't even know how my landlord looks. I've only seen the Caretaker

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by ZeemMiles(m): 1:36pm On Mar 05, 2020
MY LANLADY SELLS WATER AT THE RATE OF 10 NAIRA AND YOU DARE NOT OWE HER.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by NOL2dworld(m): 1:36pm On Mar 05, 2020
Good
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by KmniAutos(m): 1:37pm On Mar 05, 2020
Am I the only one that hasn't had issues with the Landord/Landlady while living in a house?

My former landlady is a retired teacher who is currently into agriculture and each time she's around (downstairs, cos she stays upstairs) there are a lot of lessons to learn from her,she not even triablistic at all ,and there was a time she even loaned me 350k.She's happily married with 5 boys and few grandkids,her husband still alive too.

Each time I'm visiting my former hood I always stop for a short visit with little gifts.I cant even remember a time I had issues with her.She owns the house,yet her humbleness would make you think it's her husband house.

I noticed most times tenants refuse to abide by simple rules but are very easy to play victim cards ranting up and down, make we hear word abeg.

Modified:I was just informed that she just passed away this Friday afternoon;the 20th of March 2020,may her gentle soul rest in peace, just so painful to me embarassed cry

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Kreamie(m): 1:37pm On Mar 05, 2020
One word.

HELL!! cry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House / When She Said She Want A Guy With A House And A Car. And He's A Civil Engineer. / My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.