Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,981 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? (30899 Views)

Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? / What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? / My House Sold Without A Quit Notice To The Tenants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? by Enemyofpeace: 4:09pm On Jan 19, 2023
Help us solve this matter. Who should buy the pumping machine?

1 Share

Re: Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? by Jones4190(m): 4:10pm On Jan 19, 2023
is the duty of the landlord, water was considered before paying the rent

204 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? by fergie001: 4:12pm On Jan 19, 2023
Jones4190:
The landlord left it for them in good condition and doesn't even live in the house.

They are the ones using it. They either buy/repair it or stay without water.

320 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? by Zonefree(m): 4:13pm On Jan 19, 2023
Jones4190:
Dey play.

Landlord follow you dey stay for the compound?

We paid 12k each to fix our pumping machine last year October, landlord is not even aware.

166 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? by dat9jaguy(m): 4:13pm On Jan 19, 2023
The landlord is responsible. The tenant can leave at any time.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? by jedaii(m): 4:14pm On Jan 19, 2023
Is the landlords duty and the usage is the tenants. But if the tenants are tired of fetching water outside the compound, they can as well do the needful.. you know nothing balance for this country grin

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? by Jones4190(m): 4:18pm On Jan 19, 2023
fergie001:

The landlord left it for them in good condition and doesn't even live in the house.

no one tamper with the machine, the machine got spoiled of it own, in taking rent there is what is call causion feel which is normally 5% of the total rentage, it cover the expenses of things like that.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? by Jones4190(m): 4:19pm On Jan 19, 2023
Zonefree:

Dey play.

Landlord follow you dey stay for the compound?

We paid 12k each to fix our pumping machine last year October, landlord is not even aware.
if the tenant fix it for you then they reserve the right to remove it when they are packing out

111 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? by fergie001: 4:21pm On Jan 19, 2023
Jones4190:
no one tamper with the machine, the machine got spoiled of it own, in taking rent there is what is call causion feel which is normally 5% of the total rentage, it cover the expenses of things like that.
The agreement for caution Fee is when you are packing out and you didn't misuse the house...you will be refunded. Caution fees on its own na scam.

Pumping machine.. caution Fee doesn't cover that.
Jones4190:

if the tenant fix it for you then they reserve the right to remove it when they are packing out
Yes

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? by Jones4190(m): 4:23pm On Jan 19, 2023
fergie001:

The agreement for caution Fee is when you are packing out and you didn't misuse the house...you will be refunded. Caution fees on its own na scam.

Pumping machine.. caution Fee doesn't cover that.
the process where you fix that message yourself, you reseave the right to remove it when you are going

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? by Zonefree(m): 4:24pm On Jan 19, 2023
Jones4190:

I doubt you've ever rented a house.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? by Jones4190(m): 4:27pm On Jan 19, 2023
Zonefree:

I work with an estate management

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? by inforesource: 4:31pm On Jan 19, 2023
It is the tenant duty.

6 Likes

Re: Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? by Agbegbaorogboye: 4:36pm On Jan 19, 2023
Pumping machines especially the submersible type are buried underground.
If it spoils, it's the responsibility of the landlord to fix it.
If he doesn't, anytime the tenants are going, they reserve the right to remove it and leave his faulty one for him.
Any landlord wey wan show himself, his eyes will clear when the tenant is packing out.

I once had a landlord who showed himself and I cleared his eyes grin grin

79 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? by 07kjb: 4:45pm On Jan 19, 2023
Responsible tenants repairs it while the idiotic ones keep hoping for the landlord

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? by Samyyorn5050: 5:45pm On Jan 19, 2023
Landlord is the one to buy it.

Na him property because any day you leave the house as a tenant you will not go with it.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? by Blue3k(m): 6:02pm On Jan 19, 2023
The landlord is responsible. It's not the tenant's house to make changes to the structure without the landlord's permission.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? by Buccalcavity2: 6:21pm On Jan 19, 2023
The relationship is clear. Tenant is responsible. Landlord gives every asset and asks you to maintain and return as you came in when leaving. Any damage, fault must be repaired by tenant.
I have had interesting case.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? by Landowner101(m): 8:38pm On Jan 19, 2023
As a landlord if something like this happens, I will fix the pumping machine to avoid disturbance from tenants, but some tenants use things recklessly without caution, thereby causing excessive damages,that's were all tenants are been forced to contribute money that will be used to fix or replace a damaged stuff

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? by jmoore(m): 8:54pm On Jan 19, 2023
You pay the landlord money for house rent.

Any other thing, the occupants should contribute.

So if the septic tank is full, you will wait for the landlord to pay the sewage disposal guys to come and evacuate it?

Greedy tenants!! Tell your landlord to pay your electricity bills too.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? by jmoore(m): 8:58pm On Jan 19, 2023
Samyyorn5050:
Landlord is the one to buy it.

Na him property because any day you leave the house as a tenant you will not go with it.
Who spoil the property? No be tenants? You spoil something and you want landlord wey no use am to replace am free of charge. No be juju be that?

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? by jmoore(m): 9:00pm On Jan 19, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:
Pumping machines especially the submersible type are buried underground.
If it spoils, it's the responsibility of the landlord to fix it.
If he doesn't, anytime the tenants are going, they reserve the right to remove it and leave his faulty one for him.
Any landlord wey wan show himself, his eyes will clear when the tenant is packing out.

I once had a landlord who showed himself and I cleared his eyes grin grin
Na ju landlord you fit mess with. You spoil something, dey wait for landlord.

9 Likes

Re: Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? by Midastorch(m): 9:04pm On Jan 19, 2023
Zonefree:

You're the one who have never rented an apartment in your life and its so glaring.... It's the landlords duty to provide water for his tenants... If it ever gets spoilt it's his duty to fix it... Are u saying if the house paint get washed away or old, the tenants will contribute and repaint the house Let's be thinking with our heads here not Anus.... If tenants ever contribute to fix Pumping machine they have every right to remove it after in the next payment...

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? by Agbegbaorogboye: 9:05pm On Jan 19, 2023
jmoore:

Ehen. Chief investigator. Tell me how I spoilt it.

I'm sure if rain blows off the roof it's me that spoilt it too

Mugu

11 Likes

Re: Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? by Midastorch(m): 9:06pm On Jan 19, 2023
jmoore:

I'm sure it's well water you're using in your house, that's if you have one by the way, You do t know how a pumping machine works. How will tenants spoil a pumping machine!!! What even if the landlord buys a refurbished pumping machine that won't last long??

9 Likes

Re: Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? by Agbegbaorogboye: 9:20pm On Jan 19, 2023
Midastorch:

I'm sure it's well water you're using in your house, that's if you have one by the way, You do t know how a pumping machine works. How will tenants spoil a pumping machine!!! What even if the landlord buys a refurbished pumping machine that won't last long??
You get sense jare. Don't mind all these people that are used to face me I slap you

9 Likes

Re: Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? by jmoore(m): 9:39pm On Jan 19, 2023
Midastorch:

You are sure of nothing!! Even a well can still be installed with submersible water pump.

Our house have been using submersible water pump before you ever paid a rent for the first time.

6 Likes

Re: Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? by jmoore(m): 9:44pm On Jan 19, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

Ehen. Chief investigator. Tell me how I spoilt it.

I'm sure if rain blows off the roof it's me that spoilt it too

Mugu

Don't fix it. You will use urine to bath and cook na, since water is not important to you.

When the septic tank is full, the landlord will pay for the evacuation. The landlord will pay for your sanitation fee and electricity bills.

12 Likes

Re: Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? by Sammy07: 9:50pm On Jan 19, 2023
fergie001:

I disagree.
If it happens to me.

Then we will all won't pay for the next rent until something is done.

1 Like

Re: Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? by Sammy07: 9:52pm On Jan 19, 2023
jmoore:

Don't fix it. You will use urine to bath and cook na, since water is not important to you.

When the septic tank is full, the landlord will pay for the evacuation. The landlord will pay for your sanitation fee and electricity bills.

So if roof get carried away by wind.

Water closet collapse and get spoilt

Pumping machine spoilt

Na me go repair all of that?

Is this a joke? cheesy

I swear the landlord won't collect his next rent if he doesn't fix em

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? by jmoore(m): 9:57pm On Jan 19, 2023
Sammy07:

So if roof get carried away by wind.

Water closet collapse and get spoilt

Pumping machine spoilt

Na me go repair all of that?

Is this a joke? cheesy

I swear the landlord won't collect his next rent if he doesn't fix em

Roof is part of the house.

Pumping machine is not. The government should be providing water to you, not landlord.

17 Likes

Re: Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? by Sammy07: 10:00pm On Jan 19, 2023
jmoore:

Roof is part of the house.

Pumping machine is not. The government should be providing water to you, not landlord.

So paying over 250k every year I don't deserve water?

You suppose say, government should build public toilets for us to use and I don't need kitchen, I should be using wood to cook

SMH.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Need A Virtual Office/serviced Office In Lagos? Look No Further / Fence Building Section / Man Surprised With 2 Plots Of Land By A Guy He Helped With School Fees In 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.