Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,190 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Poverty Gap Fueling North-south Migration In Nigeria - Yahoo News - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poverty Gap Fueling North-south Migration In Nigeria - Yahoo News (21467 Views)

Atiku's Economic Policy Will Bridge Poverty Gap In Nigeria / Aba North/south: Mascot Uzor-kalu Polls 47,825 Votes To Emerge APC Candidate / Poverty Gap Fueling North-south Migration In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poverty Gap Fueling North-south Migration In Nigeria - Yahoo News by dalass(f): 1:31pm On Mar 05, 2020
Arrewa:
Poor north...

Backward north...

Unproductive north...

Yes. There are slums and ghettos even in America, Lagos and any developed areas of the world, no doubt.....

But the topic is about what is fueling the recent mad and mass migration of northerners to the South Western States in Nigeria which is definitely due to millions uneducated and unskilled almajiris and young ladies whose purpose seems to be get married as early as possible, birth until you can no longer conceive ........causing insecurity, banditry, religious extremity, etc

While the elites to which you obviously belong to, see nothing wrong with and even try to deceive others to believe that all is well whereas Emir Sanusi who seems to be one of the few speaking out is demonized and hunted for his facts and bluntness!

angry

4 Likes

Re: Poverty Gap Fueling North-south Migration In Nigeria - Yahoo News by NovusHomo(m): 1:37pm On Mar 05, 2020
ARISE, NIGERIAN YOUTHS. YOUR FUTURE IS IN YOUR HAND.
Re: Poverty Gap Fueling North-south Migration In Nigeria - Yahoo News by ogbuefi677(m): 1:44pm On Mar 05, 2020
johnmartus:
Go to federal government ministries and see the number of Hausa people both qualified and unqualified. You will think Nigeria is belong to them alone.

Hausa language is what they speak Because they believe that There's no southern there and if you find a southern there note that one Alhaji from kano bring him there.

But I don't blame them we southern we are evil and sentiment, tribalism and hatred wouldn't allow us to help our fellow brothers. If you are a Yoruba if you meet igbo in office you're in trouble.

Despite this poverty still thriving there.
I swear.
Once went to Immigration headquarters for my passport, immediately it was time for Friday prayers, the whole complex became empty.
Same thing in customs and Nigerian army.
Re: Poverty Gap Fueling North-south Migration In Nigeria - Yahoo News by orunto27: 2:11pm On Mar 05, 2020
Wrong. It's Buharinomics that is squadering Nigerian Resources on the Almajiris consumptive non performing life style. And when they consume the Resources freely dashed to them, they come to the South to beg for living.
Re: Poverty Gap Fueling North-south Migration In Nigeria - Yahoo News by ajl: 2:17pm On Mar 05, 2020
Here is an interesting story. On a recent trip to Lagos, I wanted to buy sugarcane from this northern-looking chap and I told him I do not want the ones with red marks in it. The next thing he said in English in usual northern accent that "temperature is the causative agent", referring to the red marks. Now that caught the attention of me and my friend, and I talked to him further. He said he has an ND degree (cant remember the name of the institution now but its has "Agriculture" in it). And my friend said maybe he is one of the northerners that has farms in the north but migrate seasonally to Lagos to work.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Gap Fueling North-south Migration In Nigeria - Yahoo News by emezuo17: 2:21pm On Mar 05, 2020
Stalwert:
[s][/s]

An average southern bigot is as illiterate as a foreigner on Nigeria's diversity. Because someone speaks Hausa does not make him a Hausa man. Hausa is spoken as a general language in North regardless of the tribe. When it suits the bigots every northerner is Hausa,
. So if the place is dominated by yorubars they speak hausa too? Or if it is dominated by tivs or igbos, they all speak hausa because hausa is now the general language spoken by all Nigerians, my friend, hausa is spoken more in our federal ministries because people of hausa and fulani origin populate and dominate the place, take it or leave it.

4 Likes

Re: Poverty Gap Fueling North-south Migration In Nigeria - Yahoo News by emezuo17: 2:23pm On Mar 05, 2020
johnmartus:
Continue promoting mediocrity...I wonder if house and road which met for your elites that common hausa that roaming on the street will eat.
. Why are you replying that low life.
Re: Poverty Gap Fueling North-south Migration In Nigeria - Yahoo News by stanluiz(m): 3:19pm On Mar 05, 2020
FrLukas:
The entire country, North, East and South is moving West.

Unfortunately, majority don't have the requisite skills to add to the economy of Western Nigeria.

They are just going there to constitute a nuisance of themselves.

Yoruba! Ji, masun o.
The entire country is moving to Lagos not those backward and undeveloped brown roof South West states.

When has Lagos translate to SW ?

1 Like

Re: Poverty Gap Fueling North-south Migration In Nigeria - Yahoo News by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 05, 2020
[s]
stanluiz:
The entire country is moving to Lagos not those backward and undeveloped brown roof South West states.

When has Lagos translate to SW ?
[/s]

Re: Poverty Gap Fueling North-south Migration In Nigeria - Yahoo News by xynniey(f): 3:44pm On Mar 05, 2020
danietohbadt:
The North is synonymous with nothing good but poverty.

The massive poverty, illiteracy, unemployment and insecurity they're facing today is the result of "moronic" decisions they took in the past.

They complain of hunger, complain of unemployment, and funny enough, they haven't changed their ideology.

Teen marriage, polygamy and zero birth control is the order of the day.

How on earth will poverty and all the negative economic indices not be on the surge when a shoe cobbler who barely makes 10k a month marries four wives, all of who don't work and father 20 kids who don't school?

The North is the reason Nigeria is still backward.

It would be nice to do away with them.
H
More reason they dont want to let us go cos we are the only light they see

1 Like

Re: Poverty Gap Fueling North-south Migration In Nigeria - Yahoo News by stanluiz(m): 4:19pm On Mar 05, 2020
FrLukas:
[s][/s]
MUMU cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Poverty Gap Fueling North-south Migration In Nigeria - Yahoo News by MrGerald(m): 4:29pm On Mar 05, 2020
Arrewa:
Poor north...

Backward north...

Unproductive north...
Yiu lack common sense, that's what we are talking about north, are you not ashamed of yourself?

1 Like

Re: Poverty Gap Fueling North-south Migration In Nigeria - Yahoo News by Wayde11: 5:01pm On Mar 05, 2020
Arrewa:
The poor and backward north!

Lmao.. Dude is showing us how the easterners have developed the north? 70% of wateva is in d north re owned by Easterners. Igbos don't beg nd d ain't lazy, dey invest both home and abroad..

Go nd see d beautiful mansions nd good investments owned by igbos in d north nd I doubt u will make dat comment again in ur life

1 Like

Re: Poverty Gap Fueling North-south Migration In Nigeria - Yahoo News by Keenmind2019(m): 5:36pm On Mar 05, 2020
apache22b:
Sorry ,,,Dead Meat Suya Seller is still Busy Enjoying his/her/their Ban & Extinction on Nairaland Forum ..... Please look for alternatives & Stay Blessed .... shocked grin grin grin

Lol na wonder I haven't seen d dead meat seller

1 Like

Re: Poverty Gap Fueling North-south Migration In Nigeria - Yahoo News by felixedet(m): 6:48pm On Mar 05, 2020
[quote author=Maduawuchukwu post=87185639]

But he is right to be offended. Every normal person will be if people keep throwing invectives on his or her people.[/quote

He should face Yahoo n not Nigerian Southerners.
Re: Poverty Gap Fueling North-south Migration In Nigeria - Yahoo News by Gallagher01: 7:05pm On Mar 05, 2020
FrLukas:
[s]
[/s]
Re: Poverty Gap Fueling North-south Migration In Nigeria - Yahoo News by CuriousX: 7:08pm On Mar 05, 2020
helinues:
Let the north continue deceiving themselves..

Sooner or later, the neglected Almajiri's are coming for their elites.

Northern revolution go worst pass Arab springs

I don't think there will be a revolution in the North. They will just travel to the south like they are doing now. If there will be a revolution it is the south that will start it. #MyOpinion
Re: Poverty Gap Fueling North-south Migration In Nigeria - Yahoo News by PicLtd: 7:24pm On Mar 05, 2020
johnmartus:
Go to federal government ministries and see the number of Hausa people both qualified and unqualified. You will think Nigeria is belong to them alone.

Hausa language is what they speak Because they believe that There's no southern there and if you find a southern there note that one Alhaji from kano bring him there.

But I don't blame them we southern we are evil and sentiment, tribalism and hatred wouldn't allow us to help our fellow brothers. If you are a Yoruba if you meet igbo in office you're in trouble.

Despite this poverty still thriving there.

And if Igbo and meet yoruba in the office?

After the war didn't yorubas pack themselves into the civil service as the Igbo were still licking their wounds?

Go to NNPC in PH and see how Funsho kupolukun and other former yoruba technocrats filled everywhere with yorubas.

I will say it again, yorubas don't have a problem if the Igbos are sidelined in any sphere, they only cry foul and shout about southern solidarity if they are the ones being sidelined and Igbos have learnt to also force your own medicine down your throat.

1 Like

Re: Poverty Gap Fueling North-south Migration In Nigeria - Yahoo News by PicLtd: 7:26pm On Mar 05, 2020
Stalwert:
[s][/s]

An average southern bigot is as illiterate as a foreigner on Nigeria's diversity. Because someone speaks Hausa does not make him a Hausa man. Hausa is spoken as a general language in North regardless of the tribe. When it suits the bigots every northerner is Hausa,

So na Abooki you be sef. grin
Re: Poverty Gap Fueling North-south Migration In Nigeria - Yahoo News by PicLtd: 7:28pm On Mar 05, 2020
Arrewa:
go to ebonyi and see you have thousands of Igbo beggars there... Tell that to those who have not been to the east

An Ebonyi man would rather sell phone accessories on mobile wheelbarow than beg.
Re: Poverty Gap Fueling North-south Migration In Nigeria - Yahoo News by PicLtd: 7:34pm On Mar 05, 2020
helinues:
Let the north continue deceiving themselves..

Sooner or later, the neglected Almajiri's are coming for their elites.

Northern revolution go worst pass Arab springs

There can be no revolution in the north as long as their leaders have the 'Southern kuffars' to blame for the woes of their people's poverty while the leaders feed fat.

There can only be sustainable revolution if the country divides and they have no one to blame but themselves.
Re: Poverty Gap Fueling North-south Migration In Nigeria - Yahoo News by helinues: 8:03pm On Mar 05, 2020
PicLtd:

There can be no revolution in the north as long as their leaders have the 'Southern kuffars' to blame for the woes of their people's poverty while the leaders feed fat.

There can only be sustainable revolution if the country divides and they have no one to blame but themselves.

While the Southern people are also busy blaming Northerners for their woes.

We still have a long way to go in Nigeria
Re: Poverty Gap Fueling North-south Migration In Nigeria - Yahoo News by subong360: 8:29pm On Mar 05, 2020
proclinician:

Underdeveloped nothing Nigeria.
as in ehn
Re: Poverty Gap Fueling North-south Migration In Nigeria - Yahoo News by EbiJUNIRO(m): 9:43pm On Mar 05, 2020
That's why I love United States of America. Every state has permit IDs and scrutiny
Re: Poverty Gap Fueling North-south Migration In Nigeria - Yahoo News by BeerParlour: 9:53pm On Mar 05, 2020
ajl:
[s]Here is an interesting story. On a recent trip to Lagos, I wanted to buy sugarcane from this northern-looking chap and I told him I do not want the ones with red marks in it. The next thing he said in English in usual northern accent that "temperature is the causative agent", referring to the red marks. Now that caught the attention of me and my friend, and I talked to him further. He said he has an ND degree (cant remember the name of the institution now but its has "Agriculture" in it). And my friend said maybe he is one of the northerners that has farms in the north but migrate seasonally to Lagos to work[/s].

Keep your lies to yourself.
You jihadists like to twist news.

Many Southerners are seeing job opportunity in the North,

The north are coming to the south with banditry to dominate the south.

Re: Poverty Gap Fueling North-south Migration In Nigeria - Yahoo News by Abs76: 2:48am On Mar 06, 2020
I'm a northerner born and brought up in north the easiest place to make money is in the north unless if you're lazy northern Nigeria is the richest part of Nigeria if I lie ask chinedu wey dey kano or emeka that's still dey borno with all the bombing and killing taking place
Re: Poverty Gap Fueling North-south Migration In Nigeria - Yahoo News by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:00pm On Mar 06, 2020
Arrewa:
Poor north...

Backward north...

Unproductive north...

This is what we are discussing

Human capital

https://www.nairaland.com/5722193/kano-arrests-repatriates-1500-almajiris

No southern state is a recipient . All are Northern states ... including those stat3s with those beautiful pictures that gave you masturbatory satisfaction that all is well

Even Mr. Buhari state got a share of the dregs of the society called Nigeria
Re: Poverty Gap Fueling North-south Migration In Nigeria - Yahoo News by chewwie(m): 1:58am On Mar 08, 2020
Arrewa:
Poor north...

Backward north...

Unproductive north...
Wow! Impressive! Bet if you have all these riches up north why are your brothers roaming the streets down south doing the oddest of jobs? Why are hundreds of U13 kids begging in all major junctions across Warri?
Re: Poverty Gap Fueling North-south Migration In Nigeria - Yahoo News by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 11, 2020
ObalaEmma:
u are really making sense.. It's actually dominantion... But southerners are bigger fools.. Cos they have been playing this games since 1914

Few of us in south who has not been compromised, who have uncovered the game wish for a referendum and again we are still tagged TERRORISTS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2019: We’ll Campaign Vigorously For Buhari, Sanwo-olu, Says Ambode / Buhari Condemns Sokoto Killings, Plans New Security Measures / 2023: Why Zoning May Not Work In APC – Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.