Stats: 3,155,393 members, 7,826,517 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group (31310 Views)

Resign Or Be Sacked From INEC – Ozekhome Warns Amina Zakari / INCREDIBLE news from CNN!!! Can This Happen In NIGERIA? / Another Brilliant Piece On Achebe From CNN Website (2) (3) (4)

Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by Jakumo(m): 6:55am On Jun 11, 2007
Could someone please get me up to speed on this topic ?  Was Jeff "The Tongue" Koinange relieved of his duties at CNN because of his declared love for shaved beaver, or was Jeff sent packing because he did not portray Nigeria as the  tranquil paradise and repository of boundless opportunity that we PATRIOTS imagine it to be ?

I must know the answer to this burning question because I happen to strongly prefer shaved beaver too, but have nonetheless been contemplating applying for a correspondent's job at CNN despite this shocking fact.  Do I stand a chance of getting hired, or should I begin to train myself to graze on furry rather than nude beaver and platypus, to better conform with the employee conduct protocol at CNN ?
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by cutesy(f): 8:28am On Jun 11, 2007
Jakumo:

Could someone please get me up to speed on this topic ? Was Jeff "The Tongue" Koinange relieved of his duties at CNN because of his declared love for shaved beaver, or was Jeff sent packing because he did not portray Nigeria as the tranquil paradise and repository of boundless opportunity that we PATRIOTS imagine it to be ?

I must know the answer to this burning question because I happen to strongly prefer shaved beaver too, but have nonetheless been contemplating applying for a correspondent's job at CNN despite this shocking fact. Do I stand a chance of getting hired, or should I begin to train myself to graze on furry rather than nude beaver and platypus, to better conform with the employee conduct protocol at CNN ?

grin ha ha ha grin , Good one, Jakumo!!!!

One love wink
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by ono(m): 9:25am On Jun 11, 2007
All these stuff about the credibility or otherwise of Jeff Koinange's false ''video'' is just a waste of precious time. The current realities on ground in the Delta is something known to a kiddie. Even if CNN decide to stage-manage the story, how far are they from the truth? I know a lot of the Nigerian home videos people like Afam and Donzman watches actually mirror the reality on ground in many homes and societies across Nigeria.

The only thing I see that is wrong in all this is how Jeff went about it. If the story is not true, why go on air to show it? Why paint a gory picture of another African country just to garner some form of attention or whatever from your employer?! The Niger Delta people could have given him all he wants if he only asks them to show it. The militants would have willingly transport him to all the spill sites and well head locations if he had asked them to; they would have shown him all of the primitive lifestyle of the Delta people in the midst of plenty if had asked.

But that this ''story'' of his is not true is like looking in a mirror and saying you're seeing the image of someone else.
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by deor03(m): 10:32am On Jun 11, 2007
jeff is fired, !!!!!!!!!!!!. THAT IS GOOD NEWS.

Useless good for nothing guy,
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by chaz(m): 10:38am On Jun 11, 2007
Ha! Ha! i always knew there was something fishy about that guy, d way he used to braid his hair and all. Tank god they fired him! D ROTTEN MOTHERF****N PIECE OF SH*T!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by Gorrjigen(m): 11:00am On Jun 11, 2007
The fact still remains that Jeff lost his priced job days after the MENd's story. CNN must have probably sacked him just because he made them lose the Nigeria Image Advert contract which Jeff himslf said is unending in monetary terms. Wether the reality in the Niger Delta is close or not i think it is unethical for any journalist to make a sensation out of it by animation or stage managing the story, journalists should always report news as it is.

For those who are creating chaos in the Niger Delta>I wish them good luck. But one thing they should realise is that the Nigerian nation is too strong in might to be disturbed by such local agitations. They should realise that the more peaceful part of the country is leaving them behind in terms of development.
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by 2345(m): 11:16am On Jun 11, 2007
Biafralord:

Termination of peoples careers due to racial motives will never end!! The other day, a Nigerian who resides in New York was told to quit his job for no good reason.

It's happening even in Nigeria. The post of I.G of police was terminated because Onovo is not from a favored tribe. Anyway coming back to Jeff Koinange , sacked or not the fact still remains that Militia men are in the Niger Delta waters and they are still kidnapping people, both foreigners and Nigerians.
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by awoo(m): 11:21am On Jun 11, 2007
hello Nairalanders,
can anyone tells me where i can replace the image finder of fujifilm f601 digital camera in Lagos state or i will be greatful if anyone can tell me where i can buy fujifilm digital camera accessories. ur urgent reply will so much appreaciate
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by Jakumo(m): 11:47am On Jun 11, 2007
Hmm, Oh I get it. Awoo needs his camera fixed so he can provide this forum with sensational photographs of Jeff Koinenge getting bestowed with CNN's Golden Boot Award.
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by IBIPHIL(m): 12:19pm On Jun 11, 2007
no mind the boy, he want play smart on Nigerians. thank God that we have an able information minister who can figure out ojoro like that, ole

oju olere, ole

Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by dom(m): 12:22pm On Jun 11, 2007
Lets consider these few facts
1) Whether the documentary was make believe or not, there's a festering problem in the Niger Delta
2) J.K has his private life, just like all of us.
3) Have u ever considered that Briner, (the supposed rape victim)or whatever her name is, is crying foul on account of the fact that JK failed to put her on CNN and on Oprah's show to show case her new book?
4)Is it entirely impossible that the Mafia that rules us used the woman to get its pound of flesh?
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by abacus(m): 1:07pm On Jun 11, 2007
Afam and others, you dont need to wrong others for what they know , I believe Jeff, look at what happened to VP Goodluck family house, even these are what we see and hear daily. A warri boy will question Jeff 'why u dey tell us what we already know?', leave sentiment, Nweke can not tell the world that the world is wrong. Things must change, we hope Umoru will do something, or instead will call on to GOD!

Bless u all

NB: angry Afam dont tell me to use dictionary or spell checker, idea is need
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by WesleyanA(f): 2:17pm On Jun 11, 2007
CNN must have probably sacked him just because he made them lose the Nigeria Image Advert contract which Jeff himslf said is unending in monetary terms. Wether the reality in the Niger Delta is close or not i think it is unethical for any journalist to make a sensation out of it by animation or stage managing the story, journalists should always report news as it is.

I don't really care why CNN fired him. I don't even have problems with him.
I have problems with CNN and most western networks' coverage of Africa in general. lol

i might be biased. but I'm African. tongue
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by dj4wealth: 2:59pm On Jun 11, 2007
Jeff presentation about the MEND (Niger Delta) was stage managed. Though there is problem in the Niger Delta.

Worst crisis more than this happens in the western world,

I knew this would happen to Jeffffffff. $$$$$$
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by la1(m): 3:43pm On Jun 11, 2007
lets look at the bigger picture for a minute,
If J.K produced&directed the story on MEND how many other falsies hav we the ppl of the world been watching on all the western media machines?
how many of his colleagues(jeff's) are also guity of this shameless lack of professionalism in the pursuance of selfish gains,awards and accolades?

the point here is that there is a problem in the ND which i as a nigerian am not proud of but i dont think that concocted documentaries will make any real diff except make the entire black race look more and more like the savages that the westerners through their media propaganda machines are hell bent on portrayin us as,

he deserves what he got because of the concsious decision he made to bring ridicule on his own kind,cos i know if he was WHITE we wouldnt be disccusin this topic on this forum.
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by hbrednic: 4:00pm On Jun 11, 2007
investigative journalism requires u to show and tell the truth,not stage manage it.
jeff after the p*** licking forgot that rule,thats why he gets the boot.
i wonder how he is going to explain to his wifey what his tongue was doing in another womans p***.
maybe he was only tasting and searching for nigeria news in there.
naija karma
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by Aproko(f): 5:24pm On Jun 11, 2007
@ topic,

what bothers me about the whole story is whether the niger delta militants we hear about would actually allow j.k and the cnn crew record their activities just like that!!no fear that their victims would escape with the crew or try some james bond moves!!! if one of the camera men had been kidnapped,  it would have sounded more real.

so though i know the kidnappings in the niger delta is no childs play, i feel jeff konainge may have staged this particular one.

and as for his loving shaved , no comments. grin grin grin
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by KikiDixy(f): 5:38pm On Jun 11, 2007
Jakumo (m) Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group
« #32 on: Today at 06:55:10 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could someone please get me up to speed on this topic ? Was Jeff "The Tongue" Koinange relieved of his duties at CNN because of his declared love for shaved beaver, or was Jeff sent packing because he did not portray Nigeria as the tranquil paradise and repository of boundless opportunity that we PATRIOTS imagine it to be ?

I must know the answer to this burning question because I happen to strongly prefer shaved beaver too, but have nonetheless been contemplating applying for a correspondent's job at CNN despite this shocking fact. Do I stand a chance of getting hired, or should I begin to train myself to graze on furry rather than nude beaver and platypus, to better conform with the employee conduct protocol at CNN ?

Hahahahahhahaha grin grin grin grin LOL!

Ridiculous aint it?
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by Iman3(m): 5:42pm On Jun 11, 2007
dj4wealth:

Jeff presentation about the MEND (Niger Delta) was stage managed. Though there is problem in the Niger Delta.

Worst crisis more than this happens in the western world,

Enlighten me!Must have missed the countless reports of kidnappings for ransom in the West by militant groups.
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by debosky(m): 5:58pm On Jun 11, 2007
lmao! its unfortunate if he got fired for his love of 'shaved beaver', but I doubt it, the whole ND video looked shady to me, why on earth would these rebels put up a dancing show for CNN? does that portray them as serious or mean? that was probably part of what JK dreamt up after one of his beaver sessions, macabre dancing with guns makes them appear even more savage!

and these 'rebels' want cash, they'd have kidnapped them as well and asked for more money. even MEND said the story was false, so he got what he deserved.

that doesn't take anything from the fact that serious problems exist in the ND, but if a journalist will go to the extent of staging this whole thing just to earn fame at the expense of his African brothers, then such a man deserves whatever sh*t comes his way.

the other day, the idiot came to Nigeria and said Nigerians wanted military rule to return, the last stupid report of his was that 'most Nigerians' wanted IBB to be president!! angry angry
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by firewire: 7:15pm On Jun 11, 2007
its bad enough that the truth about nigeria is mostly negative. but our collective conscience should not be sacrificed on the alter of criticisms about racism and poor profiling about african issues. i empathise with jeff on the sad saga of his report. stage-managed or not, the guy was trying to tell a story with a sense of urgency about the ticking time-bomb that is about to blow in the niger delta.

let the truth be told though the heavens fall.
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by debosky(m): 7:31pm On Jun 11, 2007
which ticking time - bomb? he wanted to make a name for himself, pure and simple. it was a selfish, self-motivated and self-benefiting action with no benefit to the people of the ND. sense of urgency my foot! When I saw the stupid report he gave on Nigerians wanting Babangida is when I knew he has been full of sh*t all along.

National Geographic made a report on the ND with no sensationalism, that is what the region needs, not some stupid idiot wanting to make himself famous by dubious means.
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by Pain(m): 9:16pm On Jun 11, 2007
What About The Filipino Hostages In the "Movie" Were They Paid?

Some Were Identified By Family Members in Philippines. How do U Explain This?

Can Someone Pls Explain?
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by Ynot(m): 10:39pm On Jun 11, 2007
debosky:

National Geographic made a report on the ND with no sensationalism, that is what the region needs, not some stupid idiot wanting to make himself famous by dubious means.

He forgot there is a BIG difference between news, documentary and entertainment.
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by hbrednic: 12:40am On Jun 12, 2007
jeff thing thonged himself into thongy problem.
thonging the nd issue and thonging shaved beaver.
now that he got the boot,he will have all the time in the world to continue his new found carrer.

DANCING THE THONG SONG AND THONGING P**** IN STRIP CLUBS.

everyday na for de thief, now monkey don go for market in no fit return.
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by nguage(m): 3:37am On Jun 12, 2007
hey guys jeff was wrong for using the company's official mail, he was dumb for faking the Nigerian story. Why r we taliking bout him?
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by ireke(m): 4:36am On Jun 12, 2007
A young cow boy was travelling in the Wild West and decided to rest for a while and take a drink at a road side tavern. Before his drink could be served, someone announced "Big Joe is coming this way". There was a commotion as everybody tried to get out as fast as they could. The young cowboy refused to move an inch. About a minute later, one giant of a man rushed in, out of breath. Cowboy was scared but he was relieved when the giant dashed for the heavy refrigerator, carried it across the counter to the bar and helped himself to the contents in about 2 minutes. The giant was about dashing out when the now relieved cowboy (thinking that he has seen "Big Joe"wink decided to ask him why people are scared of him. The big scary giant did not wait but replied him on his way out. "Sorry, I can't risk my life by standing here to chat with you. Big Joe is almost here". Moral of my story: If that aint "Big Joe", then you better run.

I thought I was scared when I saw the video but I was more scared when Nweke came on air to say those are not MEND militants. I thought MEND was the scariest in the Niger Delta and I thought I had seen them on video. If those were not MEND militants then how powerful can MEND be? By the way did this Movie making Jeff pay for this militants to stage a show with their weapons and hostages or did he get the weapons, get the people to play militants and borrowed some hostages to play with? Either way I think we are in deep trouble if we are still focusing on the guy. Our problem is bigger than him. Whichever way we decide to look, there is fire on the mountain and that is what we should focus on. Of course I am equally aware of the western media's game of trumping bad news but, hey, that is their thing. They love and celebrate bad news. And I actually agree that there is more crime going on in America. maybe more crimes in 1 month than we have in Nigeria in a whole year (even if you consider the fact that they are bigger). But then let our government face the truth and work to resolve the conflict in Niger delta no matter who exposed it and how.
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by debosky(m): 4:54am On Jun 12, 2007
he didn't expose anything we didnt know, we all know weapons are flying loose in the ND, many sponsored by politicians for electoral violence, he simply sensationalized something in his mind and then decided to portray it.MEND themselves denied the claim, and more than one set of people were kidnapped at that time. We are not denying the ND problems, what rankles is when a supposedly world class journalist, an African for that matter will go out and portray a false sense of things in Nigeria . MEND is not a mindless militia, they are focused on their aim and will not be dancing on video for Koinange to be famous for,

he lied, and fabricated an event to fit his own view, and he should be reviled completely for that.

In fact if I were a member of MEND, I would seek him out and eliminate him, for making a genuine movement seem simply like a bunch of bandits interested in having a good time.
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by WesleyanA(f): 6:25am On Jun 12, 2007
they are focused on their aim and will not be dancing on video for Koinange to be famous for,

this was the most annoying part 'cause it reminded me of an article i read about western reporters going to africa and fabricating racist reports with something similar to the lines of "savages doing ritual dances in the jungles"

i don't know but i found it disturbing.

it reminded me of this exactly ---->
http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=1155

the line "let's go into the heart of darkness" made it worse.
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by ferdimako1: 9:14am On Jun 12, 2007
Afam, are you from Niger Delta? Do you have a house there? Talk as how to stop the violence there and empower the people who own the land. Is Jeff a Nigerian headache?
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by ferdimako1: 9:19am On Jun 12, 2007
The fact still remains that Jeff lost his priced job days after the MENd's story. CNN must have probably sacked him just because he made them lose the Nigeria Image Advert contract which Jeff himslf said is unending in monetary terms. Wether the reality in the Niger Delta is close or not i think it is unethical for any journalist to make a sensation out of it by animation or stage managing the story, journalists should always report news as it is.

For those who are

There is no Nigeria!!
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by Aproko(f): 9:37am On Jun 12, 2007
debosky:

he didn't expose anything we didnt know, we all know weapons are flying loose in the ND, many sponsored by politicians for electoral violence, he simply sensationalized something in his mind and then decided to portray it.MEND themselves denied the claim, and more than one set of people were kidnapped at that time. We are not denying the ND problems, what rankles is when a supposedly world class journalist, an African for that matter will go out and portray a false sense of things in Nigeria . MEND is not a mindless militia, they are focused on their aim and will not be dancing on video for Koinange to be famous for,

he lied, and fabricated an event to fit his own view, and he should be reviled completely for that.

word!!!

Buhari: Shehu Musa Yar’adua And I Wrote WASCE In 1961 / Unknown Gunmen Attack Ohaukwu Police Station In Ebonyi, Free Detainees (Photos) / Zakari Mijinyawa Confirms Escape Of Nadeem Anjarwalla, Binance Executive

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68