Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,328 members, 7,954,323 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:41 PM

Nas:a role model for nigerian rapsters - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nas:a role model for nigerian rapsters (1380 Views)

Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? / Nas Vs Jayz / Is Nas Truly a Nigerian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nas:a role model for nigerian rapsters by brght(m): 1:58pm On Jun 03, 2007
Nas,Born Nasir Jones, son of jazz musician Olu Dara, Nas dropped out of school in the eighth grade, trading classrooms for the streets of the rough Queensbridge projects, where he learned "street mathematics" and began emulating rappers like Big Daddy Kane, , and Kool G Rap. When he wasn't hustling to survive, he was reading books on African culture, Western civilization, lessons from the Five Percent Nation, scriptures from the Qu'ran, and chapters from the Bible. Nas expanded his approach to rap by impacting street knowledge,his album "God's Son" shows the painful side of Nas through song's like, "Dance" and "Heaven", dedicated to his deceased mother, Ann Jones. He takes it further to the streets with "Made You Look" the album's lead single, produced by Salaam Remi. Agressive and new yet with an old school vibe it makes the perfect lead single. He also has something for the kids! Instead of having a gangsta or playa cliche type song for the second single, the much inspiring, I Can, teaches kids, adolcents, and adults lessons on how to live a succesful life.he is a role model for nigerian rappers
Re: Nas:a role model for nigerian rapsters by PoDeep(m): 10:17am On Jun 04, 2007
Brght,
NaS has a good side, d poetic, youth teaching side and all BUT before making him a role model for Nigerian rappers, we must carefully consider d fact dat NaS grew up as a gangsta & so some of his lyrics are contradicting.
Eg:
In d Godson album, he said in d track 'I can' :
"nobody says u have to be gangstaz, hoes. . ."
BUT then again in 'made u look' from d same album, he told girls lookin' for a man to :
"make sure he's a thug & intelligent too."
Re: Nas:a role model for nigerian rapsters by markolini(m): 10:19pm On Jun 05, 2007
well i think nas is cool, i really do like, though his lyrics are not quite appealing to the females, but it tastes good to the rugged street brought up hustler, his lyrics speaks their mind, i think 9ja rappers should emulate him cos he speaks the truth, he every hustlers mind and he kindda like encourages them, well am a rapper too but i wanna be me and have nas as a mentor,
Re: Nas:a role model for nigerian rapsters by sunnykiss(m): 8:43pm On Jan 16, 2009
Nas is a role model for every world rapper even eminem respects Nas to tha fullest, infact what would Hip Hop be in this our lost generation without Nas,
infact come see the Guy at star Mega Jam 2008, i was proud of him with Dj Green lantern, grin, God son is the best rapper lyrically he know the impact of Rap, evry wann be rapper should get his album from Illmatic till now, not all these yeye southern nonsense,
Re: Nas:a role model for nigerian rapsters by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 17, 2009
Re: Nas:a role model for nigerian rapsters by HorneyChic(f): 7:31pm On Jan 17, 2009
Nas is a legend. The only rapper still making sense
Re: Nas:a role model for nigerian rapsters by stkris(m): 12:20am On Jan 18, 2009
NASIR ibn OLU DARA JONES. . has ,is , n will be a role model to all rappers worldwide. .
Re: Nas:a role model for nigerian rapsters by 9jabobo: 1:42pm On Jan 19, 2009
Word, Nas iz a Livin Legend,
Re: Nas:a role model for nigerian rapsters by BloodShed1: 3:24pm On Jan 19, 2009
Why is he only a role model for NIGERIAN rapsters?

The guy is NOT Nigerian lol
Re: Nas:a role model for nigerian rapsters by Bamsyle(m): 7:07pm On Jan 19, 2009
Po Deep:

Brght,
NaS has a good side, d poetic, youth teaching side and all BUT before making him a role model for Nigerian rappers, we must carefully consider d fact dat NaS grew up as a gangsta & so some of his lyrics are contradicting.
Eg:
In d Godson album, he said in d track 'I can' :
"nobody says u have to be gangstaz, hoes. . ."
BUT then again in 'made u look' from d same album, he told girls lookin' for a man to :
"make sure he's a thug & intelligent too."

When listening to deep rappers, of which Nas is an example, it's best you approach their lyrics and themes with a deep mind too.

Nas did not mean 'thug' in the literal sense of the word. He meant it as a real man, a strong man, one who can take care of a woman. A man who can fight for his woman or for his love. A man with brains and brawn. Not a street urchin.

(1) (Reply)

Chinaydu D Lyrical Terrorist Is Snatching Mics / Mi/phenom Vs Terry Tha Rapman, Who's Version Of 6'foot'7foot Was Much Better? / Whose Is The Best Rapper Between Dis 3 Rappers...??? [pic]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.