Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Oshiomhole Vows To Remain APC Chairman, Despite Court Orders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Vows To Remain APC Chairman, Despite Court Orders (25080 Views)

Edo: I Remain APC Governorship Candidate - Idahosa Writes INEC / I Remain APC Senatorial Candidate – Okorocha / Oshiomhole Vows: Saraki Will ‘definitely’ Be Impeached (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole Vows To Remain APC Chairman, Despite Court Orders by ifeanyihamilton(m): 11:26am On Mar 05, 2020
The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Adams Oshiomhole, yesterday declared he would hold on to his position despite the court order that upheld his suspension from the party.

A High Court of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Jabi District, had yesterday upheld the suspension of Oshiomhole, pending the determination of a substantive suit before it.

The judge, Danlami Senchi, gave the order following an application of interlocutory injunction seeking an order of the court to suspend Oshiomhole, having been suspended as a member of the APC from his Etsako ward 10 in Edo State.

In the application filed on January 16, 2020 by Oluwole Afolabi, as an applicant, and Oshiomhole as the first respondent, while the APC is the second respondent, the applicant contended that Oshiomhole is currently suspended by the party and has not challenged the suspension.

The counsel to Oshiomhole and APC is Mr. Damian Dodo (SAN).

According to Afolabi, Oshiomhole’s right as an APC member is currently abated, therefore, he cannot continue to act as the chairman of the party. He argued that Oshiomhole could not continue to enjoy benefits from the APC, despite his suspension as a member of the party.

Justice Senchi, in his ruling, held that the first and second respondents wrongfully kept Oshiomhole as the national chairman of the party. The court also ordered that Oshiomhole should stop parading himself as the chairman of the APC.

The judge, therefore, urged the APC to desist from acknowledging him as the chairman of the party. The judge ordered the party not to grant Oshiomhole access to the secretariat.

Hearing in the substantive matter was adjourned to April 7 and 8.

But the former Edo State governor, who spoke through his aide on media, Mr. Simon Ibegbulem, disclosed that he had already approached an appellate court to void his suspension from the party.

“Our legal department is studying the matter and we have filed for a stay of execution and appealed the ruling. With those processes Oshiomhole remains the national chairman of the party,” he said.

However, APC said it would respect the decision of the court which upheld the suspension of Oshiomhole.

The Acting National Secretary of the APC, Victor Geidom, confirmed the party’s position on the matter at an interactive session with newsmen at the national secretariat of the party in Abuja.

“As a party, we are aware of the injunction. As a law-abiding party, we will respect all lawful court orders. Very soon the National Working Committee will meet and you will hear further from the party. I am trying to say that the APC will respect all lawful court orders. We will soon do that.”

Asked whether Oshiomhole was truly on suspension, he retorted: “Like I do said, there’s a court injunction and it is binding on us as a party to respect all the court injunction.”

https://m.guardian.ng/news/oshiomhole-vows-to-remain-apc-chair-despite-sacking-order/

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Vows To Remain APC Chairman, Despite Court Orders by Perfecttouchade: 11:32am On Mar 05, 2020
I'm not surprised, his boss doesn't takes to court orders so what do u expect. ..Osho wan turn irunmole for there. Make una leave politics for the youths to handle no, una dey fight like fowls wey dey fight on top one sweet corn..let the youths lead too

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Vows To Remain APC Chairman, Despite Court Orders by ChaoHendrix: 11:32am On Mar 05, 2020
Misleading topic..
How and when did he vow in this write up.
Absolute trash journalism..
spits angry

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Vows To Remain APC Chairman, Despite Court Orders by Emade55: 11:32am On Mar 05, 2020
His not needed
Re: Oshiomhole Vows To Remain APC Chairman, Despite Court Orders by sapientia(m): 11:32am On Mar 05, 2020
When you see our collective enemies trying to destroy themselves.

Do not start fighting.

Start dancing.

Baba Osho.. Way to go.

The Judiciary is an arm of APC and so under you.

I think he Baba Osho should suspend the Judge.

ChaoHendrix:
Misleading topic..
How and when did he vow in this write up.
Absolute trash journalism..
spits angry

Yea yea... I thought same at first.

Now read only the first part of the news again..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Vows To Remain APC Chairman, Despite Court Orders by aristocratic5(m): 11:32am On Mar 05, 2020
Thank God
Re: Oshiomhole Vows To Remain APC Chairman, Despite Court Orders by meum: 11:32am On Mar 05, 2020
Osho never experredit. grin

Since 1999 na so party chairmanship dey be. Weda na PDP, APP, ANPP, APC etc. Na personal interest tings.

5 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Vows To Remain APC Chairman, Despite Court Orders by Racoon(m): 11:33am On Mar 05, 2020
“The hope of escaping with impunity is the greatest incentive to vice.”-(Cicero)

“As soon as it is possible to disobey with impunity, disobedience is legitimate."-(Jean-Jacques Rousseau).
shocked From the chair of a party and govt that claimed they are "progressives".

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Vows To Remain APC Chairman, Despite Court Orders by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 05, 2020
He is as lawless as his slave master and their party

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Vows To Remain APC Chairman, Despite Court Orders by ArmaniUhuru: 11:33am On Mar 05, 2020
grin grin grin

Pastor Ize Iyamu right now.

10 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Vows To Remain APC Chairman, Despite Court Orders by REALHEAVEN: 11:33am On Mar 05, 2020
meum:
grin
ChaoHendrix:
hh
Perfecttouchade:
K

I don't understand you.
Re: Oshiomhole Vows To Remain APC Chairman, Despite Court Orders by Cryomancer: 11:33am On Mar 05, 2020
There's a popular proverb that goes thus.... He who the gods wants to kill, they first run him mad....

Oshiomole is a typical example of a man awaiting the death sentence of the gods.....

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Vows To Remain APC Chairman, Despite Court Orders by blinking001(m): 11:33am On Mar 05, 2020
This shot man sef
Re: Oshiomhole Vows To Remain APC Chairman, Despite Court Orders by Leezah(f): 11:34am On Mar 05, 2020
grin grin grin grin
The only man who declared that joining APC will wipe your sins of Corruption.

Join me as I bid farewell to the General Overseer:

"Our Lord Temporal' Adams Oshiomole
APC Corruption Ministries, Abuja, Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Vows To Remain APC Chairman, Despite Court Orders by TroubleMaker47(m): 11:34am On Mar 05, 2020
This man and flagrant disobedience of court orders!
It's high time he was made a scapegoat!
Re: Oshiomhole Vows To Remain APC Chairman, Despite Court Orders by AbuAeesha: 11:34am On Mar 05, 2020
remain or don't remain that's their own problem
Re: Oshiomhole Vows To Remain APC Chairman, Despite Court Orders by wilemer: 11:35am On Mar 05, 2020
ifeanyihamilton1:
The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Adams Oshiomhole, yesterday declared he would hold on to his position despite the court order that upheld his suspension from the party.

A High Court of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Jabi District, had yesterday upheld the suspension of Oshiomhole, pending the determination of a substantive suit before it.
The judge, Danlami Senchi, gave the order following an application of interlocutory injunction seeking an order of the court to suspend Oshiomhole, having been suspended as a member of the APC from his Etsako ward 10 in Edo State.

In the application filed on January 16, 2020 by Oluwole Afolabi, as an applicant, and Oshiomhole as the first respondent, while the APC is the second respondent, the applicant contended that Oshiomhole is currently suspended by the party and has not challenged the suspension.
The counsel to Oshiomhole and APC is Mr. Damian Dodo (SAN).

still cant believe Oshiomhole is now part of the corrupt establishment
Re: Oshiomhole Vows To Remain APC Chairman, Despite Court Orders by Gloriagee(f): 11:35am On Mar 05, 2020
Why am I not shocked? Oshiomole has never obeyed court orders or the rule of law which is how APC ended up with no candidate in Rivers and in Bayelsa, las las the governor elect lost his mandate. A tyrant that wants to be the leader of a democratic party. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Vows To Remain APC Chairman, Despite Court Orders by frozen70(f): 11:35am On Mar 05, 2020
ifeanyihamilton:

https://m.guardian.ng/news/oshiomhole-vows-to-remain-apc-chair-despite-sacking-order/

When someone is after you, even the voise of God will be silent for you to hear
Re: Oshiomhole Vows To Remain APC Chairman, Despite Court Orders by Sijo01(f): 11:35am On Mar 05, 2020
Not surprised. I expected this from him. He never disappoint.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Vows To Remain APC Chairman, Despite Court Orders by Perfecttouchade: 11:35am On Mar 05, 2020
REALHEAVEN:

I don't understand you.
ask fakeearth he understands na
Re: Oshiomhole Vows To Remain APC Chairman, Despite Court Orders by Offpoint: 11:36am On Mar 05, 2020
Nothing concern me there...

Let's meet your graphics needs, I'll deliver all kinds of graphics designs and motion graphics for an affordable price.
Whatsap07054515809

Also offer Photoshopping services of any documents and photos.

You can also reach me for graphics designs tutor/mentorship
Re: Oshiomhole Vows To Remain APC Chairman, Despite Court Orders by elder1002: 11:36am On Mar 05, 2020
What goes around comes back around.

Kamar at work.

Party that don't respect court order are now respecting this court order...

Las las oshomole go leave.. its time for our hausa brothers to take the throne... South no fit play politics at all.. imagine the north planning 2023 in 2020..
Re: Oshiomhole Vows To Remain APC Chairman, Despite Court Orders by paix(m): 11:36am On Mar 05, 2020
They seem to obey court orders only when it favours them.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Vows To Remain APC Chairman, Despite Court Orders by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 05, 2020
everyone knows you have no regard for Court orders.

you are a good student of buhari.

too late for you because your party already pledged to respect this particular court order

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Vows To Remain APC Chairman, Despite Court Orders by NigeriaBam: 11:36am On Mar 05, 2020
grin Our so called leaders in Africa are power mongering idiots that would want to die in office not as if they are competent or doing anything right but because of the fame, human worship and the money they embezzled everyday...they can mar, deform, castrate and kill anyone or anything to be die... it's only in Africa (Nigeria in particular) the a non performing weakling will want to reelected against all odds.....

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Vows To Remain APC Chairman, Despite Court Orders by obembet(f): 11:36am On Mar 05, 2020
Thier problem, thier party their members.. All of them are mad

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Vows To Remain APC Chairman, Despite Court Orders by udejiga17(m): 11:37am On Mar 05, 2020
One of the many people that disappointed Nigerians ..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Folasade Yemi-Esan Tells Level 1-12 Civil Servants To Work From Home / Cross River Governor Dumps PDP For APC / Man Beats Up IKEDC Staff For Distributing Bills Without Constant Electricity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.