Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,103 members, 7,811,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? (38912 Views)

Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University / Third Class/pass Degree/gap Study But Finding Hard To Study Abroad For Masters? / Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by Azazeal007: 2:15am On Mar 06, 2020
This is really a sad moment for every Nigerian students out there, when you fit into a job description and then you found out they only want people with higher degree.

Graduating with a 3rd class or pass degree I believe is no sin. But employers out there would not even look at your CV when you are below par, no matter the amount of experience you are bringing. Some unavoidable things must have happened in school that led to that, but nobody cares.

How then do you tell that to the people around you? Especially your parents or guardians who’d be feeling like their investments on you went down the drain. When people finish from the university with a third class or pass degree, they most times feel like their whole world came crashing down on them. How then do one get to a good job?

I personally fall into this category due to some unforseen circumstances but who cares. After searching fruitlessly for jobs for a year now, I just have to sit back and think about my life.

My fellow Nairalanders what is the way forward?No job, no capital to startup my own business, no money to go back for a postgraduate course. Its just me myself and I (Owusagi)

35 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by Azazeal007: 2:21am On Mar 06, 2020
After Buhari go open him mouth say i be lazy nigerian youth after 4years 4 university and a year serving my fatherland in Ondo.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by tripplephi: 2:25am On Mar 06, 2020
Azazeal007:
This is really a sad moment for every Nigerian students out there, when you fit into a job description and then you found out they only want people with higher degree.Graduating with a 3rd class or pass degree i believe is no sin. But employers out there would not even look at your CV when you are below par, no matter the amount of experience you are bringing. Some unavoidable things must have happened in school that led to that,but nobody cares.
How then do you tell that to the people around you?
Especially your parents or guardians who’d be feeling like their investments on you went down the drain. When people finish from the university with a third class or pass degree, they most times feel like their whole world came crashing down on them. How then do one get to a good job?
I personally fall into this category due to some unforseen circumstances but who cares. After searching fruitlessly for jobs for a year now, i just have to sit back and think about my life. My fellow nairalanders what is the way forward?No job, no capital to startup my own business, no money to go back for a postgraduate course. Its just me myself and i (Owusagi)

You are either in the wrong field or you are thinking wrong.

In today's workplace, SABIFICATE is higher than CERTIFICATE.

"Na who PASS KNOW book but na who get JOB KNOW THE WAY"

Learn a practical skill and be the best at it and the same employers will beg you to be employed

Another factor is WHO DO YOU KNOW..... some names are higher than BSC and even MASTERS.....

YOUR NETWORK IS YOUR NETWORTH

So if you are still running with the old brain mindset that your paper from school can affect your life, then you are either very very ignorant or just unfortunate.

THIRD CLASS PEOPLE THESE DAYS ARE THOSE WHO UNDERSTOOD LIFE EARLY AND KNEW THEIR PATH IN LIFE WAS NOT TO CARRY BOOK ON THEIR HEAD, and after school, it is the 3rd class persons', that becomes rich and better than the first class.

SO gbe body eh, shake of that quack mentality your experience has given you and go get 3-5 relevant self employable skills and watch how your life will change in a matter of months.

NB: The skills are FREE if you know how to use your MB data well. Some may even be here on nairaland in the business section.

189 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by fernandoc(m): 2:34am On Mar 06, 2020
You may probably argue after reading this but who cares.

So many people who are controlling the nations economy and making it Big graduated with such grades and it didn’t stop them.

Sometimes companies even sought out those with poor grades but having great human relations attributes to make staff quickly.

What if I told you that having a first class degree may hinder you from landing a job in many multi-national companies ? Hard to believe but it’s true fact.

If you’re not in the know you will feel this is the end of the world for you but it’s not.

You may say I’m writing this to console or encourage myself for graduating with a poor grade. No, I graduated top of my class, 95th percentile.

46 Likes

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by ThatFairGuy: 6:06am On Mar 06, 2020
No. They should join politics and thank me later...
Meanwhile, I miss wink

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by sofiscatedmoron: 7:36am On Mar 06, 2020
3rd class
Pass,,
they are each different so dont join them together ,,,
Anf the course of study matters too,
A 3rd class in engineering is different from 3rd class in
food science ,
They are not in the same level

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by Afromentalist: 7:51am On Mar 06, 2020
You people Should read the excellent book by Kyosaki:

Why A students work for C students, and why B students work for the government.

The truth is, beyond A level, diplomas are almost useless everywhere in the world unless you want to become an academic professor.

This is even truer in countries like Nigeria where even the modern slavery system called jobs are not even available except you have a connection or godfather. Certificates are good to wipe yansh nowadays, don't be mistaken about that.

The amount of energy and money you put into having a master could turn you into a millionaire if you spent it more wisely.

Instead of running after certificates, try to learn rare skills that will make you free and rich. That's what true Mentalists and aspiring Mentalists do.

The African Mentalist

Ps: those who want the book can contact me for a digital copy.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by Lovelies1: 7:51am On Mar 06, 2020
No
Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by yusufu16: 7:51am On Mar 06, 2020
Bill Gate no get even pass

9 Likes

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by DModeCntStopMe: 7:51am On Mar 06, 2020
shocked

Irrelevant question!

Your president has proved all that don't matter since he could stir the affairs of the nation without one.

7 Likes

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 7:51am On Mar 06, 2020
Hd
Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by Justdare: 7:51am On Mar 06, 2020
for where
they rule the world once they discover their true calling.

5 Likes

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by cRobo: 7:51am On Mar 06, 2020
If Buhari without without certificate can be president then there is hope for any Nigerian

Buhari is an inspiration in disguise

Nothing is impossible

But rather focus more on entrepreneurship with that result

I won't say a word

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 7:51am On Mar 06, 2020
Nope
Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by Ask4bigneyo(m): 7:51am On Mar 06, 2020
Thirdy
Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by 9jayes: 7:51am On Mar 06, 2020
Justdare:
for where
Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by Ayantoyeopeyem(f): 7:52am On Mar 06, 2020
GRACE!
Pray for Grace. When Grace is speaking, grades n protocols ll keep quiet.
My second born's class teacher is a first class graduate n his earning less than 20k.
Note: his been in that school for close to 5years.
Whenever I tried sympathize wt him, he always says he's yet to get another option.
Meanwhile, my husbands boss is a third class graduate and his salary is almost 400k.
That is grace.
I'm a graduate and also a fashion designer, my boss can not use d bottom of bottle to write Zero and she's controlling lots of money.
First class or third class, pray to find God's favour.
I pray we shall all find grace.

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by ednut1(m): 7:52am On Mar 06, 2020
Anyone with any grade can be useless due to self or nigeria's fault. Emeka alaba or baba ramota selling electronics or building materials no go school and are raking in millions

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by SoftP(m): 7:52am On Mar 06, 2020
YES

There is no need to be constructive with words, u self check the ladder in a competitive and corrupt country like ours;
1st class go choose, 2nd class upper follow’ should there be reminant, 2nd class upper go pick’
3rd class graduates will gladly go & wash the plates without stress’
except u have one man on agbada @ the top.

This country is a write off

1 Like

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 7:52am On Mar 06, 2020
Yes now

They’re as useless as billgate and Mark, that doesn’t have university degree

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by Nobody: 7:52am On Mar 06, 2020
Don't worry', we are all in the same boat, even with higher class of degree, it's just a waste of time. waaaaaay too many graduates & not enough vacancies to go around. Even doing business, this government is trying to tax us to death

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by Kwamecron(m): 7:52am On Mar 06, 2020
It’s a thing of the mind.

Ppl without certificate are employed with better pay.

Na who u sabi

If you kw sabi anybody, make sure u rite ur certificate ooh

I can see how uselessness Buhari.
Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by NigeriaBam: 7:52am On Mar 06, 2020
grin Answer is No. But I will comment when I park
Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by Nanagom: 7:52am On Mar 06, 2020
sad why’s this always a topic on Nairaland? It reeks of pity and self absorption, what types of jobs have you been looking for? Graduate interns right? Bank jobs abi? Oil and gas shey? All those jobs your certificate gotta speak for you before you can sell yourself right? Mtchewwwwww you’re not ready yet.

I graduated with a second class lower, my degree has never been used to judge me why? Because I sell myself first before my degree, look for Real-estate jobs, sales jobs, get a professional certification if you aren’t that smart, connect on Linkedln build your resume walk into those companies and impress the fuccck outta them, one year no job? Nigga for real? You don’t need a lifelong job take any job that pays the bills use it to build your career follow those job sites on IG n Twitter those ones are real.

I know you’ve been running away from sales job, Dey der make pant de wear you, nansense

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by CXLVII: 7:52am On Mar 06, 2020
Depends on their individual beliefs and drive.

With regards to Nigeria, your class of degree is just a sheet of paper. Of you are good at connecting and packaging, sky is your limit.

Just try to get into the circle of people that matters

1 Like

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by Nnaemiemax: 7:52am On Mar 06, 2020
Realistically it is. angry

The educational system especially in this part of the world sadly attaches ones grading category as a collective verdict of their brilliance, instead of capacities to innovate and solve real-life problems. angry angry

1 Like

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by NaijadrivaCars: 7:53am On Mar 06, 2020
No, las las, most of them de succeed pass 2:1 and 1st class graduates.

I tell any student I see that it is not the best grades at times that matter but best relationships. Be kind and mingle because some "unserious" students you see today may go farther than you the egg head.

Some of them have GRACE while others are connected/from rich homes. They might be weak in learning but don't write them off.

When we graduated, before we knew it, we heard that X is working in Schlumberger, Y is in Total Nigeria PLC, Z is working at Intel's, oh boy, na "leg" work o. Now most of us with 2:1 enter street go hustle.

BTW, some of those unserious ones are total losers.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by SoNature(m): 7:53am On Mar 06, 2020
If you are not connected, the certificate is as useless as the "P" in psychology grin

2'1 is even struggling to get a job let alone Passes and Third Class

Just drop the certificate and start hustling

8 Likes

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by optimistD(m): 7:53am On Mar 06, 2020
No. They employ first class, 2:1, 2:2 and master holders graduates atimes. Just be street wise

1 Like

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by prettytasha(f): 7:53am On Mar 06, 2020
Nope

1 Like

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by 12345baba(m): 7:53am On Mar 06, 2020
They become when they accept that they are useless

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Graduate Slips Into Gutter, Drowns After Downpour / Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada / "My Names Are" Or "My Name Is"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.