Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,045 members, 7,849,220 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:30 PM

Why South South State Is Not Igbo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why South South State Is Not Igbo State (1806 Views)

I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo / Why South-West Governors Are 'Helpless' On Security Situation In The Region / Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why South South State Is Not Igbo State by dukeprince50: 7:25pm On Mar 06, 2020
Before i start, i want you guys to know I have no interest trying to be tribalistic and will try as much as possible not to be.

Almost every person that visit politics section has seen opinion, arguments and debate if SS is Igbo state or not.Though saying SS is Biafra is debatable and you could be right or wrong
Here is my humble opinion.

First almost every state has a geographical location designated to a tribe in the state, like there is a place for Kalabari people, a place for Ikwerre people, a place for Urhobo, Itsekiri, Akenfa, Ijaw all in SS, but there is no place for Igbo, If u think Ikwerre speak Igbo and are Igbos then that is like saying Okirika speaks kalabari therefore Okirika is Kalabari, as a matter of fact, Kalabari can't understand Ijaw but can easily understand Okirika.

2. SS does not have the ethnic make up like every other region... When you see an Igbo man, its easy to know with their fair complexion, Yoruba people got their tribal marks and a distinct face, Hausa also have a distinct face but SS doesn't, as a matter of fact I feel David ibiyeomie(Okirika) looks more like Amaechi(Igbo) than Amaechi looks like Igbo

3. You can tell where a person come from when they speak the English language... Safe for typical Ijaw man from Bayelsa, no other tribe in SS has his/her mother tongue in English but you can find it in other parts, though its a bit difficult to detect in Igbo.

4. Most people think Igbo dominate Rivers but that is a lie, Ikwerre does and not Igbo's and most Igbo's are there because two of its state shares border with Rivers, Infact 45-50% of Rivers state share border with Igbo, and also with Akwa-Ibom, those Igbo's here are immigrants and not part of Rivers, Infact there are a lot of akwa-Ibom in Rivers also, infact for every two Igbo's in Rivers, you will find one Akwa-Ibom.

5. This one is embarrassing about us but its something I noticed too. One feature about SS especially Rivers is their violent nature, While present Igbo's are actually not gonna do much to a threat and will rather bluff and tell you they could bring heaven down on earth, An Ikwerre man will shamelessly carry a machete and cut anyone in his way, An Ijaw man will carry gun as seen in the clash in Abonnema and Amassoma. more like Igbos are either diplomatic or scaredy cats, SS is violent, and when it come to that, its like most of us here have brains specially made to decorate the inside of the skull
Maybe all Nigerians share this trait sha, We just too like violent and Igbo's went to war with the entire NA. so No5 is actually debatable that is why I said present SS

1 Like

Re: Why South South State Is Not Igbo State by NgwalandAbia(m): 7:47pm On Mar 06, 2020
who is this pained goat

9 Likes

Re: Why South South State Is Not Igbo State by PicLtd: 7:52pm On Mar 06, 2020
Ewedu revisionism. You go cry die!

Tell the Ifeanyi in Delta, Dike in Rivers to denounce their Igbo names and heritage na.

If na your mama born you, go to Rivers and Delta and tell the Igboid groups to drop their Igbo names and take up your ewedu names, if e to pain you. grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why South South State Is Not Igbo State by alpha2zulu: 7:53pm On Mar 06, 2020
I'm from Okpanam, Delta State and I'm an Igbo man.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why South South State Is Not Igbo State by dukeprince50: 7:54pm On Mar 06, 2020
PicLtd:
Ewedu revisionism. You go cry die!

Tell the Ifeanyi in Delta, Dike in Rivers to denounce their Igbo names and heritage na.

If na your mama born you, go to Rivers and Delta and tell the Igboid groups to drop their Igbo names and take up your ewedu names, if e to pain you. grin
oh ur problem is that we bear names that are alike?
I see, we no deh change and our name is not urs, olodo
Re: Why South South State Is Not Igbo State by dukeprince50: 7:56pm On Mar 06, 2020
alpha2zulu:
I'm from Okpanam, Delta State and I'm an Igbo man.
OK sir, glad u are Igbo.
Outcast

1 Like

Re: Why South South State Is Not Igbo State by PicLtd: 7:56pm On Mar 06, 2020
dukeprince50:
oh ur problem is that we bear names that are alike?

It is not alike. The names are THE SAME. grin

What Ifeanyi means in Asaba, is the same meaning in Enugu.

What Obioha means in Elele is the same meaning in Owerri.

Lament die, e no change anything. grin

11 Likes

Re: Why South South State Is Not Igbo State by PicLtd: 7:57pm On Mar 06, 2020
dukeprince50:
OK sir, glad u are Igbo.
Outcast

E pain your ewedu skull. Hang yourself.
Your anti-Igbo narrative is 99% dead. grin

9 Likes

Re: Why South South State Is Not Igbo State by dukeprince50: 7:59pm On Mar 06, 2020
PicLtd:

E pain your ewedu skull. Hang yourself.
Your anti-Igbo narrative is 99% dead. grin
ah see painment, u boring sha

1 Like

Re: Why South South State Is Not Igbo State by dukeprince50: 8:00pm On Mar 06, 2020
PicLtd:

It is not alike. The names are THE SAME. grin

What Ifeanyi means in Asaba, is the same meaning in Enugu.

What Obioha means in Elele is the same meaning in Owerri.

Lament die, e no change anything. grin
u are still boring, try harder

1 Like

Re: Why South South State Is Not Igbo State by PicLtd: 8:02pm On Mar 06, 2020
dukeprince50:
ah see painment, u boring sha

Even your ogas who are far more educated than a hoodrat like you have failed as anti-Igbo revisionists. In plain English, you no get hope. grin

Hang yourself my brother. That's the only time you can have peace on this issue. grin

2 Likes

Re: Why South South State Is Not Igbo State by Duru1(m): 8:04pm On Mar 06, 2020
dukeprince50:
oh ur problem is that [b]we [/b]bear names that are alike?

Who the "We" in the above silly post? If you are a dumbass Ikwerre say so and stop showing regrets about being an imbecilic Ikwerre. What has being Igbo got to do with a none Igbo in the moronic south-south?

7 Likes

Re: Why South South State Is Not Igbo State by dukeprince50: 8:07pm On Mar 06, 2020
PicLtd:

Even your ogas who are far more educated than a hoodrat like you have failed as anti-Igbo revisionists. In plain English, you no get hope. grin

Hang yourself my brother. That's the only time you can have peace on this issue. grin
I know u can do it, u are still boring, keep trying

2 Likes

Re: Why South South State Is Not Igbo State by dukeprince50: 8:10pm On Mar 06, 2020
Duru1:

Who the "We" in the above silly post? If you are a dumbass Ikwerre say so and stop showing regrets about being an imbecilic Ikwerre. What has being Igbo got to do with a none Igbo in the moronic south-south?
U see y I say u are a bastard son of a thousand fathers? U keep claiming ur ancestors came from this and that.
Today its SS, tomorrow, its SE, next is Israel, then Egypt lol

1 Like

Re: Why South South State Is Not Igbo State by hammerU: 8:12pm On Mar 06, 2020
[s]
dukeprince50:
Before i start, i want you guys to know I have no interest trying to be tribalistic and will try as much as possible not to be.

Almost every person that visit politics section has seen opinion, arguments and debate if SS is Igbo state or not.Though saying SS is Biafra is debatable and you could be right or wrong

First almost every state has a geographical location designated to a tribe in the state, like there is a place for Kalabari people, a place for Ikwerre people, a place for Urhobo, Itsekiri, Akenfa, Ijaw all in SS, but there is no place for Igbo, If u think Ikwerre speak Igbo and are Igbos then that is like saying Okirika speaks kalabari therefore Okirika is Kalabari, as a matter of fact, Kalabari can't understand Ijaw but can easily understand Okirika.

2. SS does not have the ethnic make up like every other region... When you see an Igbo man, its easy to know with their fair complexion, Yoruba people got their tribal marks and a distinct face, Hausa also have a distinct face but SS doesn't, as a matter of fact I feel David ibiyeomie(Okirika) looks more like Amaechi(Igbo) than Amaechi looks like Igbo

3. You can tell where a person come from when they speak the English language... Safe for typical Ijaw man from Bayelsa, no other tribe in SS has his/her mother tongue in English but you can find it in other parts, though its a bit difficult to detect in Igbo.

4. Most people think Igbo dominate Rivers but that is a lie, Ikwerre does and not Igbo's and most Igbo's are there because two of its state shares border with Rivers, Infact 45-50% of Rivers state share border with Igbo, and also with Akwa-Ibom, those Igbo's here are immigrants and not part of Rivers, Infact there are a lot of akwa-Ibom in Rivers also, infact for every two Igbo's in Rivers, you will find one Akwa-Ibom.

5. This one is embarrassing about us but its something I noticed too. One feature about SS especially Rivers is their violent nature, While present Igbo's are actually not gonna do much to a threat and will rather bluff and tell you they could bring heaven down on earth, An Ikwerre man will shamelessly carry a machete and cut anyone in his way, An Ijaw man will carry gun as seen in the clash in Abonnema and Amassoma. more like Igbos are either diplomatic or scaredy cats, SS is violent, and when it come to that, its like most of us here have brains specially made to decorate the inside of the skull
Maybe all Nigerians share this trait sha, We just too like violent and Igbo's went to war with the entire NA. so No5 is actually debatable that is why I said present SS
[/s]

THE PEOPLE FROM SOUTHSOUTH KNOW THEY ARE BIAFRANS, THEY SAY IT OPENLY.

GO ON YOUTUBE AND SEE DEM.

4 Likes

Re: Why South South State Is Not Igbo State by Duru1(m): 8:14pm On Mar 06, 2020
dukeprince50:
bastard son of a thousand fathers, did you read the fourth point before showing ur stupidity?

It takes one bastard to recognize another in a public forum. In addition, it is an act of idiocy to deliberate on what most people thought about Ikwerre and dominance of Rivers State as it relates whether Ikwerre is Igbo or not. Who in his or her right frame of mind think about Ikwerre being Igbo? I had rather have an Annang person as Igbo than Ikwerre. What additional significance to Igbo land with Ikwerri as Igbo? Sometimes some fools take themselves into the slippery path of foolery to the depth of imbecility. To say that you are a dunce is an insult to dummies.

3 Likes

Re: Why South South State Is Not Igbo State by Duru1(m): 8:17pm On Mar 06, 2020
dukeprince50:
U see y I say u are a bastard son of a thousand fathers? U keep claiming ur ancestors came from this and that.
Today its SS, tomorrow, its SE, next is Israel, then Egypt lol

This is one of the urgent reasons I want Nigeria to be totally and unconditionally disintegrated. Why on earth would anybody wants this imbecilic character as compatriot? The jackass does not deserve a pint of free air.

3 Likes

Re: Why South South State Is Not Igbo State by dukeprince50: 8:19pm On Mar 06, 2020
hammerU:
[s][/s]

THE PEOPLE FROM SOUTHSOUTH KNOW THEY ARE BIAFRANS, THEY SAY IT OPENLY.

GO ON YOUTUBE AND SEE DEM.
I want u to read the second paragraph, I never kicked against that, If SS is Biafra, that's cool, if its not, its also cool. Biafra is not Igbo/tribe its a region.

1 Like

Re: Why South South State Is Not Igbo State by dukeprince50: 8:21pm On Mar 06, 2020
Duru1:

This is one of the urgent reasons I want Nigeria to be totally and unconditionally disintegrated. Why on earth would anybody wants this imbecilic character as compatriot? The jackass does not deserve a pint of free air.
I know of one Igbo chest beater that say IMMOrtals originate from IMO, I feel u share same ideology.
U no know who u be, tufia

1 Like

Re: Why South South State Is Not Igbo State by dukeprince50: 8:27pm On Mar 06, 2020
Duru1:

It takes one bastard to recognize another in a public forum. In addition, it is an act of idiocy to deliberate on what most people thought about Ikwerre and dominance of Rivers State as it relates whether Ikwerre is Igbo or not. Who in his or right frame of mind think about Ikwerre being Igbo? I had rather have an Annang person as Igbo than Ikwerre. What additional significance to Igbo land with Ikwerri as Igbo? Sometimes some fools take themselves into the slippery path of foolery to depth of imbecility. To say that you are a dunce is an insult to dummies.
lol, see painment, we are not bastards o, and we no wan follow bastards, it shouldnt pain u to this extent na, oya sorry bastard, I apologise for saying the truth. Oya run along

1 Like

Re: Why South South State Is Not Igbo State by ekesol: 8:31pm On Mar 06, 2020
quote author=dukeprince50 post=87223445]Before i start, i want you guys to know I have no interest trying to be tribalistic and will try as much as possible not to be.

Maybe all Nigerians share this trait sha, We just too like violent and Igbo's went to war with the entire NA. so No5 is actually debatable that is why I said present SS[/quote]

O boy u are a clown . Is it only ikwerre that speak Igbo alike in Rivers state. Even if u say Ikwerre are not Igbo, what about Obigbo, What about Eche/Omuma , what about Egbema, Ahoada East. In fact what is the population of Okrika. Okrika and Calabari together is just 4 local government. Igbo speaking areas are more than 10 LGA . quote me what about Opobo/Nkoro, Bornu speak Igbo even though some claim Igbani Heritage. Don't say something u don't know. OK tell me the Major language popular in Rivers state aside Igbo.. Mumu dey worry u.
Even Okrika in all 13 communities, more than 6 speak and understand Igbo. Yeye dey smell Anumpam

2 Likes

Re: Why South South State Is Not Igbo State by Snipper007: 8:33pm On Mar 06, 2020
Oga I am from opobo am a defendant of King jaja, in my place all we speak is pure ibo and am sorry to tell you that my people have a link with obehe in abia state, even my father have told me b4 that we are of the ibo race so pls learn to speak 4 urself and ur family ok?

7 Likes

Re: Why South South State Is Not Igbo State by Ekemeze: 8:35pm On Mar 06, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Why South South State Is Not Igbo State by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 06, 2020
Snipper007:
Oga I am from opobo am a defendant of King jaja, in my place all we speak is pure ibo and am sorry to tell you that my people have a link with obehe in abia state, even my father have told me b4 that we are of the ibo race so pls learn to speak 4 urself and ur family ok?

Nairaland is now a den of liars.

Go and ask God for forgiveness for lying.

2 Likes

Re: Why South South State Is Not Igbo State by Nobody: 8:40pm On Mar 06, 2020
Ekemeze:

God forbid, Akwa Ibom never gonna be Biafra. Effiong made it clear
Try and know when you discussing with a lunatics.
Not everybody here is mentally okay.

1 Like

Re: Why South South State Is Not Igbo State by hammerU: 8:41pm On Mar 06, 2020
dukeprince50:
I want u to read the second paragraph, I never kicked against that, If SS is Biafra, that's cool, if its not, its also cool. Biafra is not Igbo/tribe its a region.

SPOT ON BRO....

SS IS NOT IGBO, THE IGBOS NEVER SAID IT WAS.

BUT WE RECOGNISE THEM AS BIAFRANS.

2 Likes

Re: Why South South State Is Not Igbo State by dukeprince50: 8:41pm On Mar 06, 2020
Ekesol, u made ur point, but since u didnt understand the the topic and the points I gave, I'll just ask u to buzz off, u keep shouting Igbo speaking part is 10bla bla. Pls step aside lemme face those with coconut brains, I'm not interested in people without brain.

1 Like

Re: Why South South State Is Not Igbo State by dukeprince50: 8:43pm On Mar 06, 2020
hammerU:

SPOT ON BRO....

SS IS NOT IGBO, THE IGBOS NEVER SAID DAT.
I've seen comments that implies/state SS is Igbo, I just wanted to address the issue here before those guys swarm on me.
Re: Why South South State Is Not Igbo State by Ekemeze: 8:45pm On Mar 06, 2020
Re: Why South South State Is Not Igbo State by hammerU: 8:45pm On Mar 06, 2020
dukeprince50:
I've seen comments that implies/state SS is Igbo, I just wanted to address the issue here before those guys swarm on me.

NO, EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT OTHER BIAFRAN TRIBES LIVE IN THE SS, AND AMONGST THEM ARE IGBO/IGBOID GROUPS.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023 Igbo Presidency:the Asorock Cabal To Nominate MC Tagwire As President- Pic / Update On Akwa Ibom New International Terminal Building / Photos From Zenith Labour Party Mega Rally In ORE, Ondo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.