Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? (53336 Views)

Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State / How Do You Recover Money From A Dead Relative Bank Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Chairman50: 12:43am On Mar 09, 2020
[s]
Commentor:

Ok.
[/s]
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by WildChild00(m): 12:46am On Mar 09, 2020
pocohantas:
Make we start to give them small na. No matter how little. This attitude of always expecting from them is what makes them block our numbers.

Anyway, I really can’t pick out one. I just know I have gotten lots of pleasant surprises from them- by not asking.

Looking at the topic again, they weren’t even RELATIVES. Mostly friends, with the most surprising being from a Nlder. smiley

I guess, gifts from your toaster's grin

3 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Oodja: 12:47am On Mar 09, 2020
Abroad? I get?
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by shogsman(m): 12:47am On Mar 09, 2020
Originalsly:

Your uncle is.still fighting with you because you don't value things.. That's a common problem and a very big reason why people abroad do not send as much or valuable gifts to relatives at home. For you... you don't understand nor intend to understand the value of a gift. The value is not in dollars and cents but in sentiments. How can you sell something that should have sentimental value? And we would be wondering how people sell their relatives into prostitution . Same thing... no sentiments attached. The married ring...18 carat gold... from your great great grandmother..... market price US$14 000.... would you sell it for US20K? I guess you will because you already have a ring.
If you had no use for the laptop... why not let your uncle know you didn't need it?.... and for him to redirect it to someone else? Or permit you to gift it to someone deserving? Selling a gift is a definite no no.
@ topic

. Sneakers.... very much appreciated.
So you just assumed the person is my uncle and older than me,you lot assume too many things especially with little information, you don't even know the first thing about what happened not to talk of the relationship I have With that person.
So your analogy don't apply here.
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Demimy(m): 12:52am On Mar 09, 2020
Nothing ...oooo ... I wish he gave me grin
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Nobody: 12:53am On Mar 09, 2020
ezewealth:
My uncle in USA, from sec sch to uni, tho till struggling to stand on my feet, i owe him my Life. Good ppl dey this world. This man singlehandedly training me and all my cousins in Nigeria and till training, we around 15, even my uncles in naija dey get better money, the man still dey train dia children, and dey send dem pocket money, even my big auntie way dey work for NNPC, big woman o, dey call the man for money. Dem won tear d man into pieces. Nigerian are damn greedy. Man self hv only one daughter. Dem dey train battalion for naija, him wife wan divorce am because him so much love his siblings. Na till him way train his wife to become a nurse, him dey still train his wife family members too, him train his step son too. I have never see a man so selfless. That man deserved to be moulded in our family. What pains me self, some of his siblings way dey this country are richer dan him.
Jeez!! Is this your uncle human at all? Such a large heart kiss

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by leetylee: 12:55am On Mar 09, 2020
What bout those who doesn't have none? cry
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by cococandy(f): 12:55am On Mar 09, 2020
Mmm okay. You’re not wrong that each situation is different.

However, in most situations spending 65% of your income on rent alone (550 is 65% of 840) and having to be supported by your sibling with additional 100% of your income so that you don’t run into money problems means some financial decision needs to corrected somewhere. In this case, the rent seems like what needs to be corrected.

That being said, he doesn’t have to do what I said. It’s just an opinion
duchaB:

No, Sister
Coco..u shouldn't just come up with this without getting all the facts and full details first..

Do you imagine she don't already know about this or the Sister enjoys doleing out monies like that..
Come on now_!

4 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Demimy(m): 12:55am On Mar 09, 2020
Nothing ooo .. I wish he gave me
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Emmysky(m): 1:05am On Mar 09, 2020
Tablet, Phone, Laptop and clothes (hated the clothes sha) and ofcourse money

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by integritylady(f): 1:07am On Mar 09, 2020
Just last month, I got an iPhone 8+ with hp pavilion (core hi5) from my aunt
May God continually bless her
That was the least I expected this year

7 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Nobody: 1:07am On Mar 09, 2020
SyrusdeHansome:

Like how much?
No exact Amount.

Just keep making grin cheesy
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by BarrElChapo(m): 1:18am On Mar 09, 2020
Jamersirwin1971:
A mobile phone . and a monthly payment he sends 15 k monthly . He has been sending those for two years now .

How nice.
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by grandstar(m): 1:22am On Mar 09, 2020
Chimezie198:
Asked him to connect me with an oyibo babe but it's over two years now still no connect. He kept on telling me the babe went on a course, that he would just connect our two on Facebook to chat.
That man sabi lie eh ..

You cab find oyinbo babe yourself. Ever heard of Facebook or dating sites?

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by BarrElChapo(m): 1:22am On Mar 09, 2020
Ebonijay:
My sister in Houston just sent me N550,000 for rent. I work in a tax office where the salary is 70k monthly. She has really tried for me, I also got an iphone 7. She sents 70k monthly to augment my salary so at least money won't be a problem.

Touching kiss
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by BarrElChapo(m): 1:24am On Mar 09, 2020
shogsman:
ASUS ROG Zephyrus S Ultra rtx2080 for a late birthday gift late last year,and that was the first time I got gift from a relative,it set him back more than 3grand.
I sold it the same week I collected it,dude is still fighting with me till now,he said I don’t value things.

If I were him. Sorry I ain't giving a dime of my money again. You may get clearance sales tee shirts from Walmart or Macy's though angry

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by EzeNdiAra: 1:25am On Mar 09, 2020
SyrusdeHansome:

You're lucky bro.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by BarrElChapo(m): 1:25am On Mar 09, 2020
NOwazobia:
Corona
Virus. Amen grin
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by grandstar(m): 1:26am On Mar 09, 2020
erico2k2:

I know hence I said in today's money it is times 470 about N141K @ today's rate!

£300 then is like £500 today. Multiply by 470 is 235,000

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by mrbillz(m): 1:28am On Mar 09, 2020
An iPhone 8 in 2017 and £50

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Nobody: 1:29am On Mar 09, 2020
lepasharon:

You're living in a place you can't afford all at your sister's expense

He has open office on his sisters pocket, he will now be living above his means. Any day or month the sister didn't give him. He will forget all she has done for him.

11 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by grandstar(m): 1:31am On Mar 09, 2020
lepasharon:

You're living in a place you can't afford all at your sister's expense

So ebonijay should sleep on the street?
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by NovusHomo(m): 1:35am On Mar 09, 2020
ezewealth:
My uncle in USA, from sec sch to uni, tho till struggling to stand on my feet, i owe him my Life. Good ppl dey this world. This man singlehandedly training me and all my cousins in Nigeria and till training, we around 15, even my uncles in naija dey get better money, the man still dey train dia children, and dey send dem pocket money, even my big auntie way dey work for NNPC, big woman o, dey call the man for money. Dem won tear d man into pieces. Nigerian are damn greedy. Man self hv only one daughter. Dem dey train battalion for naija, him wife wan divorce am because him so much love his siblings. Na till him way train his wife to become a nurse, him dey still train his wife family members too, him train his step son too. I have never see a man so selfless. That man deserved to be moulded in our family. What pains me self, some of his siblings way dey this country are richer dan him.

A more stupid man God hath never made.

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Ekealterego: 1:41am On Mar 09, 2020
mayor10:
200$ ..na foolish people all of them be.
So, someone gave you $200, which is equivalent to at least 20 hours of constant on-the-feet hard labour flipping burgers at McDonald's and you call them foolish...
Yes, the person is truly foolish for not realising how foolish and ungrateful you are.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Ekealterego: 1:42am On Mar 09, 2020
grandstar:

So ebonijay should sleep on the street?
Read again, the keyword here is, "affordability"...

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:42am On Mar 09, 2020
dancok:
Abeg pity this people, if u know what dey go tru, i have a younger sister there, we still send money from here gan.
she dey scam una no.

one niggi is who una dey support over there.

if u know u know cool
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:45am On Mar 09, 2020
Chimezie198:
Asked him to connect me with an oyibo babe but it's over two years now still no connect. He kept on telling me the babe went on a course, that he would just connect our two on Facebook to chat.
That man sabi lie eh ..
obviously d gift here is d lie he blow give u, abi?
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by grandstar(m): 1:49am On Mar 09, 2020
Ekealterego:

Read again, the keyword here is, "affordability"...

You have a point and no point. The sister might want him to live a part of town with easy access to his office in order to save cost. She may also want him to be comfortable. I'll like to make life comfortable for my siblings if I was wealthy.

My point is we make this life too hard for ourselves. If his sister wants to help him out, let her. What are people for?

It may be unaffordable today but tomorrow may even be too small for him. As long as the giving isn't permanent, no problem

A kind sibling is a big blessing. I hope he fully appreciates it. That's what really counts.

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:51am On Mar 09, 2020
tchidi066:
Airtime of 10,000 naira, and a cash gift, a promise to sponsor my masters degree, he is my favorite uncle sugar daddy for now... Lol
Funny thing is that i don't keep in touch and hardly visit when he is in the country, but he does all these and scold me for not keeping in contact, my brothers are always jealous when i receive all the gifts ...lol
fixed!

don't thank me, thank God!
cool

3 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by lakeside79937: 1:52am On Mar 09, 2020
I live in England for more than 15 years now have sent money to relatives have sent loads of iPhones to relatives in naira even today am sending 3 iphones to relatives in naija but NO one has ever sent me garri or ground pepper in England before . That's the mistake people do in naija, some Nigerians know how to demand why cant you look for some one coming to UK and say can you please give this friend of mine garri or even any thing you know they are lacking here they will really appreciate it .

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by tayolove12(m): 1:53am On Mar 09, 2020
Oga today na Monday make I start to prepare for today hustle no food for lazy man

Me no get anyone abroad

4 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Ekealterego: 1:54am On Mar 09, 2020
grandstar:

You have a point.

My point is we make this life too hard for ourselves. If his sister wants to help him out, let her. What are people for?

It may be unaffordable today but tomorrow may even be too small for him. As long as the giving isn't permanent, no problem

A kind sibling is a big blessing. I hope he fully appreciates it. That's what really counts.

You don't live life on uncertainties. You plan for uncertainties.. what happens to staying in a cheaper place and then move to a better place when she can afford it? Or what happens to taking that amount, 550k which is equivalent to her salary for 8 months and investing it to get something that would yield her extra income? Financial literacy is very important!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

/ My Aunt's Husband Is A Monitoring Demon. / I Broke Up With Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.