Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,146 members, 7,860,111 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:50 AM

What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? (53608 Views)

Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State / How Do You Recover Money From A Dead Relative Bank Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 09, 2020
erico2k2:

Bross i go quote you as I like,if you like hug transformer, two things will happen to you
1 your data go finish
2 PHCN will take light
3 you will log of nairaland
Me I get time, its my day off and I happen to get Unlimited data.
Spot the difference?
oya no vex
I give up already
Choose your choice below make u take cool down be like say your blood dey hot today. No vex oga

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by grafixdon: 10:16am On Mar 09, 2020
erico2k2:

People who work hard for their money do not dish it out for no reason, not even as gifts, something mus go back to them in return, they owe no one nothing nor any sort of explanation. however the thing is they can afford to pay for what they want without fear or favour, This is the true definition of being rich!

Oga, I work hard for my money and btw November 2019 and Jan this year I've supported few people with 500k+, I'm not even rich. Depends on your personality, some are born stingy

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by kelvinovie25(m): 10:24am On Mar 09, 2020
Am still planning on leaving, when I get there and send something across, one of my relatives will come nd comment on the post

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by foyeks2001(f): 10:38am On Mar 09, 2020
AreaFada2:

My dear one day you will have.
Or you may even be the one yourself.

Most people abroad are not swimming in money as people think. Life is expensive. Some have 10 to 30 bills to pay depending on commitments.

Most who give is out of kindness and generosity. Not out of abundance.

When you want someone in 9ja to quickly borrow 20k to do something urgently like replace or mend something in your 9ja house, they will say where Will they get such big money?
But when you send 20k as a gift, they will say only 20k, what can that buy in 9ja these days?

A lot of the attitude is not encouraging.

People also forget that most abroad can have up to 50 relatives and friends making financial requests at the same time. By the time you send 10k to 50k to 25 or 40 people, it easily adds up.

But each person will consider you stingy because you didn't send a huge amount to him.

That's life. Nigerians and our stupid mentality.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by nabiz(m): 10:41am On Mar 09, 2020
SyrusdeHansome:

Lol.
na u tok ham
That man stingy die. I know he must be the one you are referring. His brother is my tight friend in abuja

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Kolinakano: 10:54am On Mar 09, 2020
$18925.61$ is not lie.
my sister at Chad reward me
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by lepasharon(f): 11:00am On Mar 09, 2020
LuciusX:
Bible. Hanty wuz deported from yankee without her kids and all she see gimme na bible. I wept. She later went back but as is the custom of awa our village folks, she died on the plane. So much for her yeye bible.

Somebody was deported without her kids and you have the audacity to expect a substantial gift?

5 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Teeklef(m): 11:01am On Mar 09, 2020
I was preparing to go for my degree in 2014 at St Hopkins College India. He came from UK and discourage my parent that India is not good enough. To cut the long story short, he gave me brand new #1000 when he was leaving....Lol.
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Jcemmyu: 11:07am On Mar 09, 2020
Cecilia Uzor. Kai I don suffer.

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by janettee(f): 11:17am On Mar 09, 2020
grafixdon:
Internet modem worth 6k in naija currency. Very stingy guy. I'm a giver, I expect something better

You are ungrateful and sound entitled.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by lepasharon(f): 11:21am On Mar 09, 2020
GraGra247:
All the senseless idiots ranting and asking "what did we give relatives abroad" did you consider that everything works abroad and virtually nothing works in Nigeria.

Relatives about are not worried about Electricity cos they have it round the clock.

If Nigeria has a fraction of basic amenities work then I'm sure nobody will ask a dime from relatives abroad.

So Nigeria is so bad..you can't even send simple ogbono ? Even maggi..how much is it?

Half of you are scammers cos you don't even need the things you ask for, you just want to extort someone.

When you go on their facebook page..you these ppl are actually living fine. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by paqman: 11:43am On Mar 09, 2020
vicdon:

Alright brother, sha get your international passport ready... E fit happen anytime...
omo iya mi mo wa pe lu eee mafo

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by grafixdon: 11:56am On Mar 09, 2020
janettee:

You are ungrateful and sound entitled.

LOL � ungrateful for 6k gift, do you know my age and my worth? Me wey I no dey jand self support people last year over 500k

My uncle is a very stingy man
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by bjprodint(f): 12:00pm On Mar 09, 2020
duchaB:

#600?

Was this in 1965?..
2008,the uncle gave my siblings 500 naira each and gave me 600 naira because he was out of 500naira note ,so he gave me three 200naira notes
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Bostin(m): 12:07pm On Mar 09, 2020
When I was in the UK I sent family friends even strangers gifts of phone, shoes, money , top-up cards etc . Came back to Nigeria and stuck, even a friend I borrowed £200 my hard earn money could not send my money when wife was to do CS , most of my friends refused my calls. So if anyone abroad send you $1 please appreciates them and pray for them.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by duchaB(m): 12:08pm On Mar 09, 2020
bjprodint:
2008,the uncle gave my siblings 500 naira each and gave me 600 naira because he was out of 500naira note ,so he gave me three 200naira notes

I guess you were much younger then..
That amount of money wld seem big for a small kid..
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by GraGra247(m): 12:09pm On Mar 09, 2020
lepasharon:

So Nigeria is so bad..you can't even send simple ogbono ? Even maggi..how much is it?

Half of you are scammers cos you don't even need the things you ask for, you just want to extort someone.

When you go on their facebook page..you these ppl are actually living fine. Nonsense

If you ever lived in Nigeria then you're the biggest useless asshole existing in recent time.

So now all the folks posting fake life on Facebook and Instagram proves to a lunatic like you that they're living fine.

I don't blame you. Maybe you even live in a thick evil forest somewhere. Go and get learned and update your expired thinking faculty.
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by petitejolie(f): 12:11pm On Mar 09, 2020
Relative ke grin grin grin but my bf sha got me an iPhone 11 Pro. Relative ko superlative ni
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by GraGra247(m): 12:14pm On Mar 09, 2020
erico2k2:

U are missing the point, let me give you a wee example, one time i went to 9ja with the kids, One of my sisters made it a point to make dresses for my two girls in Ankara,, they took it back and wear it on their native days at school, if my Mum hears anyone is coming to London nah dry fish straight etc lol,the best gift for people abroad nor pas things like Egusi,Ogbonor,crayfish,periwinkles, grin grin grin even palm oil, if U kno U kno
Even Maggi cubes are well appreciated U have no idea!

I don't dispute your assertion. But all those things you listed are purchased with money. If you don't support your aging mother and auntie financially in the mist of zero employment and high inflation Nigeria, they will have nowhere to source funds to buy your treasured crayfish, ogbono and the rest. Except of course you want them to sell una family land and their wrapper.
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by omobone(m): 12:19pm On Mar 09, 2020
The gift of Green card
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by fujirice: 12:27pm On Mar 09, 2020
Ah! Plenty gifts o!
The good thing is that I have never opened my mouth to ask them for anything yet -
They gave me 2009 Toyota Corolla, cash gifts are uncountable at different occasions, laptops, iPhones, clothes, chocolates etc.
My in-law is the best.
Remember, I never asked, he just does it out of his own volition.
Very sensitive guy that knows what a brother needs.
May God continue to bless him and my sister.

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Menace2Society(m): 12:41pm On Mar 09, 2020
shogsman:

Imagine this broke dunce actually bragging about living in the UK,that's a new low for anybody.don't quote me again.
What a stupid post undecided grow up!
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 09, 2020
I'll comment here quietly.

251521 dinar
She died
I was next of kin. Changed my life

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by lepasharon(f): 12:45pm On Mar 09, 2020
GraGra247:

If you ever lived in Nigeria then you're the biggest useless asshole existing in recent time.

So now all the folks posting fake life on Facebook and Instagram proves to a lunatic like you that they're living fine.

I don't blame you. Maybe you even live in a thick evil forest somewhere. Go and get learned and update your expired thinking faculty.

Will someone that isn't living fine have time to be posting on social media regularly?

You never answered my question, is Nigeria so bad, you can't even buy simple ogbono or egusi.and give as someone?

And I'm sure your type gets upset when Trump called Nigeria a shithole.

Maybe it truly is since you cant buy simple egusi
Maybe it truly is
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by fergieboy: 12:45pm On Mar 09, 2020
Ebonijay:
My sister in Houston just sent me N550,000 for rent. I work in a tax office where the salary is 70k monthly. She has really tried for me, I also got an iphone 7. She sents 70k monthly to augment my salary so at least money won't be a problem.
You are not helping your sister

Please park out from that house and move to a smaller apartmment .. Like 150-200k

You are not even married

Look for a land and Buy and start Building.. Your sister will be proud of you that way

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by lepasharon(f): 12:47pm On Mar 09, 2020
GraGra247:

I don't dispute your assertion. But all those things you listed are purchased with money. If you don't support your aging mother and auntie financially in the mist of zero employment and high inflation Nigeria, they will have nowhere to source funds to buy your treasured crayfish, ogbono and the rest. Except of course you want them to sell una family land and their wrapper.

How were they buying crayfish before he went abroad?
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by armyofone(m): 12:49pm On Mar 09, 2020
Cococandy thank you!
Can you just imagine? Prolly used sentiment on the poor sister.

cococandy:

Move to a cheaper apartment. With 70k income, you need to cut your coat accordingly.
All that extra money she’s putting in your landlord’s pocket could have been better spent on investment for you.

This is the same advice I’d give any relative of mine in your shoes. Unless she’s ready to keep sending you money forever instead of helping you get on your own two feet.

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by bjprodint(f): 12:52pm On Mar 09, 2020
duchaB:

I guess you were much younger then..
That amount of money wld seem big for a small kid..

I was in ss1 ,my sisters were in the university
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by armyofone(m): 12:54pm On Mar 09, 2020
Maybe he just doesn't have enough to spare. He has to plan for his future now.

grafixdon:

LOL � ungrateful for 6k gift, do you know my age and my worth? Me wey I no dey jand self support people last year over 500k

My uncle is a very stingy man
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by GraGra247(m): 12:57pm On Mar 09, 2020
lepasharon:

How were they buying crayfish before he went abroad?

That's why I said please go to school and update your expired brain cells. Cos you're living somewhere in limbo and have no single knowledge of hard realities in Nigeria.
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by lepasharon(f): 1:00pm On Mar 09, 2020
GraGra247:

That's why I said please go to school and update your expired brain cells. Cos you're living somewhere in limbo and have no single knowledge of hard realities in Nigeria.

It's so hard..they can buy phones, aso ebi but not crayfish abi? Eya

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by saibop(m): 1:02pm On Mar 09, 2020
SyrusdeHansome:
Let me start my own this way, I know in this life nobody owes us anything but that doesn't mean our lives must always be about us and us alone. There's a blessing in giving.

I'm opportune to have an uncle who has stayed in US for more than 20 yrs now. He's a surgeon and one of the best in his field but the biggest gift I've received from him was 800 naira in 2007. Though he use to give me those big bargy trousers once in a while I still see the 8h as his biggest gift to me because trouser no be my problem.

Pls tell me your own.

My uncle who has been in UK since 2004. He paid paid part of my school fees back in Highschool, sponsored me through University,got me a laptop, paid for my law school and still paying some of my needs after law school.

I can't repay all but God can. I am very grateful.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Mum Forcefully Brushing Her Son's Teeth ( Hilarious Photo ) / Why A Cheating Wife Is Dangerous / I Have Been Having An Affair With My Elder Brother's Wife – Nigerian Man Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.