Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Jos: 3 Killed, 2 Wounded, 19 Youths Arrested In Fresh Attack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos: 3 Killed, 2 Wounded, 19 Youths Arrested In Fresh Attack (5550 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 Farmers In Fresh Attack / 3soldiers Killed, 2 Wounded As Military Begins Massive Offensive In Sambisa Fore / Nigerian Troops Ambushed And Killed 2 Fleeing Terrorists (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jos: 3 Killed, 2 Wounded, 19 Youths Arrested In Fresh Attack by ASANIGBO(m): 6:42am On Dec 22, 2010
Three persons were feared dead and two others wounded following a fresh attack in Gonghwong settlement of Turu village in Vwang district, Jos South Local Government Area of Plateau State yesterday evening. The attack was suspected to have been carried out by Fulani men who were said to have made away with over 100 cows belonging to the natives, Berom.

Eyewitnesses disclosed that the three men killed in the attacked were macheted to death in a similar manner as that of Dogo Nahawa killings of January 2010. Three other victims of the attack had machete cuts all over their bodies and were presently receiving treatment at the Vom Christian Hospital. They were said to be in a critical condition and might be transferred to the Jos University Teaching Hospital (JUTH).

Spokesman of the Special Task Force (STF), Operation Save Haven, Captain Charles Okocha confirmed the attacked but said only one man was killed.
According to Capt. Okocha, “yesterday at about 8:30 in the evening there was an attack on Gonghwong village in Kaduna Vom, Jos South Local Government by suspected Fulani assailants. In the attack two locals were shot but were rushed to the hospital by policemen on patrol.” He said, “our own troops deployed to K/Vom arrived the scene and combed the area. At about a distant of three kilometers from the village, an unidentified corpse of a man was found lying by a bicycle beside the road.

“At the same point, a Toyota bus was found with plate number XE 233 BUU driven by one James Adamu was carrying 19 youths from Dahwolbok village also in K/Vom and were apprehended with two locally made revolvers, two swords, two machetes, one dagger, four metal rods, six wooden clubs and two catapults.
“Other items found on the suspects included 11 handsets, whistles, four sachets of Peak milk and N3, 000.00, among others.”
The STF spokesman said, “suspects and other exhibits as you can see have been handed over to the police for further investigation.”

However, Gyang Tanko, a member of the village said in an interview that “The STF is just hiding the truth, it was a case of cow rustling, the Fulanis came to attack us and they killed three of our men and wounded two others who are in the hospital. The Fulanis stole over 100 cows during the attack.
“I got a call last night and I had to rush to the scene of the incident but when the youths came out to mobilize themselves to secure the stolen cows, they were arrested even when the military men were said to have seeing the cows about a few distance away.”
According to Micheal Gyang, another member of the community, “while the Fulanis were attacking us no security man came to our rescue. It was after the Fulani left and our youths were protesting the attack that the soldiers arrested 19 of them .
“When the STF were told that it was the Fulani that attacked us, instead of them to trail the Fulanis, they arrested our youths who are completely innocent of the attack.”

Also, the villagers said: “The task force that arrested our youths are the ones from Bukuru units instead of the two units we have in Vom here. The three soldiers that came from Bukuru are two Fulani soldiers and the third is an Hausa man.”
Gyang insisted that the soldiers that came from Bukuru to Vom should know something better since there are two units in Vom.
Spokesman of the STF, however, insisted that the soldiers that arrested the 19 suspects were from the Vom unit and not from Bukuru. The STF also said they were not aware of any case of cattle rustling but they were aware of an attack by suspected Fulani assailants. The STF also denied knowledge of any victim in Vom Christian hospital.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/dec/22/national-22-12-2010-03.htm

Re: Jos: 3 Killed, 2 Wounded, 19 Youths Arrested In Fresh Attack by marcus1234: 1:45pm On Dec 22, 2010
Re: Jos: 3 Killed, 2 Wounded, 19 Youths Arrested In Fresh Attack by Timothyxx(m): 1:51pm On Dec 22, 2010
Nigerian police (special task force or whatever they call themselve) at it again! When will they ever stop presenting to us the innocent like the culprits, imagine catching and detaining the afflicted and leaving the culprits at large, i say their fada nyash; who are they trying to deceive.
Re: Jos: 3 Killed, 2 Wounded, 19 Youths Arrested In Fresh Attack by hassymo5(m): 2:01pm On Dec 22, 2010
I reside in k/vom, dat's wat happened!
Re: Jos: 3 Killed, 2 Wounded, 19 Youths Arrested In Fresh Attack by violent(m): 2:06pm On Dec 22, 2010
what's the National Assembly doing to stop future attacks?. . why is everyone keeping quiet on a disturbing issue like this?
Re: Jos: 3 Killed, 2 Wounded, 19 Youths Arrested In Fresh Attack by slinkky(m): 2:25pm On Dec 22, 2010
Since the STF has failed to protect the villagers, is it a crime for the youths to mobilize to protest the killing of their brothers,and try to recover the stolen cows.
Re: Jos: 3 Killed, 2 Wounded, 19 Youths Arrested In Fresh Attack by Blazay(m): 2:27pm On Dec 22, 2010
These pansies from Jos again? cheesy
JTF only knows how to arrest almajiris of the Southern parts of Nigeria. . . so oil sales cannot be affected.

Way to go! wink

Osisi Kan Nkwu was captured and killed within one month we are told. . .

One Nigeria!!!
Re: Jos: 3 Killed, 2 Wounded, 19 Youths Arrested In Fresh Attack by blacksta(m): 2:30pm On Dec 22, 2010
Blazay:

These pansies from Jos again? cheesy
JTF only knows how to arrest almajiris of the Southern parts of Nigeria. . . so oil sales cannot be affected.

Way to go! wink

Osisi Kan Nkwu was captured and killed within one month we are told. . . One Nigeria!!!

lol

I love your punch lines
Re: Jos: 3 Killed, 2 Wounded, 19 Youths Arrested In Fresh Attack by Dapwajok(m): 2:47pm On Dec 22, 2010
I dont think we need the jtf in vom. Since all the attacks in jos, non of the fulani's has been cought. Those that were killed their brother are among those taken by the jtf. The Reveren of our church was beatten and almost taken along with the youths. Govt should pls take there jtd else were, cos what they are doing in jos is just business, because all of them are just buying new cars.
Re: Jos: 3 Killed, 2 Wounded, 19 Youths Arrested In Fresh Attack by babyme1(f): 3:19pm On Dec 22, 2010
Not again! cry cry
Re: Jos: 3 Killed, 2 Wounded, 19 Youths Arrested In Fresh Attack by udezue(m): 3:36pm On Dec 22, 2010
Wow why are these middlebelt ppl so spineless?
Re: Jos: 3 Killed, 2 Wounded, 19 Youths Arrested In Fresh Attack by apoti(m): 5:28pm On Dec 22, 2010
na God go save us for this Jos crisis o cry
Re: Jos: 3 Killed, 2 Wounded, 19 Youths Arrested In Fresh Attack by 13volts(m): 5:49pm On Dec 22, 2010
what do you expect? The fulani ve lost thousand of cattles during the crisis. I reside around namuwa area when the berom yuth attacked the abattiour it was free meat galore. PAYBACK TIME
Re: Jos: 3 Killed, 2 Wounded, 19 Youths Arrested In Fresh Attack by trenchcoat: 6:48pm On Dec 22, 2010
violent:

what's the National Assembly doing to stop future attacks?. . why is everyone keeping quiet on a disturbing issue like this?

Someone said it was politically motivated to split Nigeria, since the inception of Obj it has always been crisis Jos, Maiduguri, etc, also there is sentiment from the Jang and company they are also causing the whole confusion, he is marginalizing other tribes in the state even the Beroms too, if you are not from Du village forget it.

slinkky:

Since the STF has failed to protect the villagers, is it a crime for the youths to mobilize to protest the killing of their brothers,and try to recover the stolen cows.

I dey laugh, who give Berom cows? What about the cows they stole from the Fulani's? The Beroms stole more than 400 cows during the last crises, and as for the Fulani man its better you kill him than touching his cows, so I guess they went back to get what belongs to them.

The best thing for Plateau is to get an emergency state and prosecute those involved, they the government knows all those involved. I pray that peace comes back to the Plateau, Amen.
Re: Jos: 3 Killed, 2 Wounded, 19 Youths Arrested In Fresh Attack by jamace(m): 7:16pm On Dec 22, 2010
I dont think we need the jtf in vom. Since all the attacks in jos, non of the fulani's has been cought. Those that were killed their brother are among those taken by the jtf. The Reveren of our church was beatten and almost taken along with the youths. Govt should pls take there jtd else were, cos what they are doing in jos is just business, because all of them are just buying new cars.

Too bad for Jos. Even worse for Nigeria because our leaders see their posts as biz opportunity.
Re: Jos: 3 Killed, 2 Wounded, 19 Youths Arrested In Fresh Attack by OOLUSOGA(m): 7:37pm On Dec 22, 2010
This Jos crisis is worrisome. I pray for God intervention
Re: Jos: 3 Killed, 2 Wounded, 19 Youths Arrested In Fresh Attack by frankhills(m): 7:39pm On Dec 22, 2010
I quite agree with u. But one thing pains me most. The thing is dat our own people here in the South especially our Elite do not make good use of their Sixth Brain. They keep on sabotaging us in the face of these abokis just for their selfish Interest. Tufiakwa!
Re: Jos: 3 Killed, 2 Wounded, 19 Youths Arrested In Fresh Attack by oweniwe(m): 8:23pm On Dec 22, 2010
The only way to end this recurrent problem in jos and other parts of the country is to ban nomadism to be replaced with cattle ranches. Then nomads will no longer slaughter other people in the name of grazing land/farms/territory
Re: Jos: 3 Killed, 2 Wounded, 19 Youths Arrested In Fresh Attack by aljharem11(m): 8:30pm On Dec 22, 2010
violent:

and that is the question, some of us are just looking at kidnapping, mend etc

i mean they killed osisi with 1 month, why can they even arrest this nomadic people

they are giving us northerners bad names angry
Re: Jos: 3 Killed, 2 Wounded, 19 Youths Arrested In Fresh Attack by MShittu: 8:32pm On Dec 22, 2010
oweniwe:

The only way to end this recurrent problem in jos and other parts of the country is to ban nomadism to be replaced with cattle ranches. Then nomads will no longer slaughter other people in the name of grazing land/farms/territory 
Solution! cheesy
The richer ones can go ahead and buy land while the poorer ones can pool their own resources and share land ownership!
Re: Jos: 3 Killed, 2 Wounded, 19 Youths Arrested In Fresh Attack by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 22, 2010
This re-ocurring Jos crisis is worrisome. State of emergency should be declared in that state
hassymo5:

I reside in k/vom, dat's wat happened!
Are you supporting the claim of the reporter or the police?
Re: Jos: 3 Killed, 2 Wounded, 19 Youths Arrested In Fresh Attack by domino74: 9:00pm On Dec 22, 2010
probably the fulanis came back for their stolen cows following the first Jos crisis. Never in the history of Berom are the known as herdsmen owing up to 100 cows. Imagine that
Re: Jos: 3 Killed, 2 Wounded, 19 Youths Arrested In Fresh Attack by OchiAgha2(m): 9:02pm On Dec 22, 2010
oweniwe:

Now this is the right thinking. I have been thinking about this solution for some time, but I have not voiced it. As I look at Western nations, most cattle are raised in commercial farms, in which they do not need to graze. This would be the perfect solution. Plus, it could also help to stop desertification in Northern Nigeria as well as some other African states that are found in the Sahel region.
Re: Jos: 3 Killed, 2 Wounded, 19 Youths Arrested In Fresh Attack by chosen04(f): 9:13pm On Dec 22, 2010
What we ''saw'' in 1967 . . . . . . . . . This people will spend all their life time fight same.

It will never stop . . . . .Not until . . . . . . . . .
Re: Jos: 3 Killed, 2 Wounded, 19 Youths Arrested In Fresh Attack by Jeremiahking(m): 9:46pm On Dec 22, 2010
Why can't we just live in peace and unity, as the "good people,great nation" which we claim we are, lets be transparent,accountable and God fearing, lets stop violence!
Re: Jos: 3 Killed, 2 Wounded, 19 Youths Arrested In Fresh Attack by Jeremiahking(m): 9:46pm On Dec 22, 2010
Why can't we just live in peace and unity, as the "good people,great nation" which we claim we are, lets be transparent,accountable and God fearing, lets stop violence!
Re: Jos: 3 Killed, 2 Wounded, 19 Youths Arrested In Fresh Attack by aljharem11(m): 9:47pm On Dec 22, 2010
Jeremiahking:

i wish it is that easy, but it is not

because not every one has the fear of God cry
Re: Jos: 3 Killed, 2 Wounded, 19 Youths Arrested In Fresh Attack by streetsoldier1(m): 11:02pm On Dec 22, 2010
these northerners are stewpid ooooooo, killing each themselves cos of cows, and not oil wells and real loot ,,,,,God punish devil
Re: Jos: 3 Killed, 2 Wounded, 19 Youths Arrested In Fresh Attack by san26dy(f): 11:12pm On Dec 22, 2010
Almost bought a house in Jos. Thank God it fell through, didn't happen.
Re: Jos: 3 Killed, 2 Wounded, 19 Youths Arrested In Fresh Attack by JosBoy4Lif(m): 2:43am On Dec 23, 2010
trenchcoat:

Someone said it was politically motivated to split Nigeria, since the inception of Obj it has always been crisis Jos, Maiduguri, etc, also there is sentiment from the Jang and company they are also causing the whole confusion, he is marginalizing other tribes in the state even the Beroms too, if you are not from Du village forget it.

I dey laugh, who give Berom cows? What about the cows they stole from the Fulani's? The Beroms stole more than 400 cows during the last crises, and as for the Fulani man its better you kill him than touching his cows, so I guess they went back to get what belongs to them.

The best thing for Plateau is to get an emergency state and prosecute those involved, they the government knows all those involved. I pray that peace comes back to the Plateau, Amen.

This is exactly the crux of the problem. Spot on. Jang is ruling like a tyrant I have maintained this belief from the very beginning. Sure development in terms of infrastructure has skyrocketed in Plateau but at what expense. What good is nicely tarred road when their is no peace on those same roads?
Re: Jos: 3 Killed, 2 Wounded, 19 Youths Arrested In Fresh Attack by hassymo5(m): 5:47am On Dec 23, 2010
koastar:

This re-ocurring Jos crisis is worrisome. [b]State of emergency should be declared in that state[/b]Are you supporting the claim of the reporter or the police?

the reporter claim was right.
Re: Jos: 3 Killed, 2 Wounded, 19 Youths Arrested In Fresh Attack by hassymo5(m): 5:57am On Dec 23, 2010
trenchcoat:

dat's a lie, where did u get that news from, because the Govornor refuses pple to do business as usual in the government, that is why all these stories are coming out. Let wait and c, if dat's wat u think he is doing let wait 4 2011 and c,if he wins that means all that have been said was a lie. Remember only berom pple cannot vote him into power.

(1) (2) (Reply)

An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. / Photo: IBB Shows Respect To Buhari As Shagari Watches on on inaugration day / Ozubulu Killing: FG, Fulani CP Trying To Cover The Truth - FFK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.