Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,536 members, 7,812,667 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? (62935 Views)

How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? / Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? / I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Dynamic33: 8:12am On Mar 10, 2020
I met my baby daddy three years ago. We met on my 21st birthday. I went out to the nightclub to celebrate my birthday and I met this handsome 32 years old. He couldn’t stop staring at me until he approached me and introduced himself and we exchanged numbers.

He called me the next day, we chatted for about an hour and he told me he was married. He has two kids but they now are separated. In the process of divorce but they are still living together, separate bedrooms while he is waiting for the house he is building to finish so he can move out.

I was jealous and angry at him. I told him he is lying to me, they are still together and still fucking he just want to use me then dump me but he promised me that there was nothing between him and the wife, and that they had stop having sex when she was pregnant with the second baby and the baby was now 8 months and he has proof that there was nothing between them.

We were meeting at my place and staying together until 2-3am. Sometimes he doesn’t go back until the next day and on those days that we don’t meet, we chatted on the phone until late 1-2am while he was still in the house so I was happy that there’s nothing between them.

He brought the children to me, I fell so much in love with them and will be spending the day with them and it felt great to bond with them.

Then later I got pregnant, he told me to abort it because they are in the process of divorce. If the court finds out he impregnated someone somewhere else everything will go against him. I told him not to worry I will keep it as a secret until he sorts out the divorce but he insisted that I should abort. I didn’t like it. We had a misunderstanding. In anger I hit him with my heels shoes and injured him on the forehead. He was bleeding but he didn’t fight me back. He just left and I was very sorry. I kept begging him, asking for forgiveness, he kept ignoring me and for three months we didn’t contact each other because he was still mad at me.

Then few months later, he called and asked to meet me and I begged him for forgiveness for everything I did to him and I accepted to abort the pregnancy. I was already 5 months gone and two days before the abortion he came to my house and told me that while we’re on the break, he was stressed and started drinking and mistakenly had sex with his wife and she is also pregnant. He said that she lured him to have sex to stop the divorce process but he do not care about it. He will go ahead with the divorce because he still loves me and wants to be with me and he pleaded with me to do the abortion for him so he could win the divorce and custody of his children. I was very angry that I threw a plastic chair on him and asked him to leave my house and to never come back that it was over between us. I deleted and blocked his numbers and removed all his pictures on my phone. He was begging my friends to tell me to forgive him but I rejected him and I now have my beautiful daughter, my joy, my everything.

But the only problem I have, my parents sent me abroad to study, I dropped out three years ago and they don’t know I'm not longer in school and that I now have a child because they keep sending me money every month thinking I’m still in school. When I’m not so on December I did traveled back home to my parents and I left my daughter with a friend for 2 whole weeks. I couldn’t sleep or eat and my parents said Now that I’m in my final year after finishing it, they want me to come back home for good by July and where will I leave my child ? I don’t know how to tell my parents about my child? And also that I left school three years ago my dad is very strict and am scared.

Please I’m very sorry for the long post and advice me on how to tell them please?

15 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by NextD18: 8:16am On Mar 10, 2020
The normal me would have condemned your waywardness and unequivocally call out your evil plans and intention of destroying his marriage.

But I'll ignore!

My advice is; Kindly open up to your parents, you did not kill or steal from them, what happened to you is a mistake and something that can happen to anyone in different forms.
They are your parents and won't kill or denounce you as their daughter for making a mistake. Open up to them and let them know how sorry you are to disappoint them.

The earlier the better!!

226 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by CsRockefeller(m): 8:21am On Mar 10, 2020
Save yourself all the stress and tell them what happened. Let it all, no holds barred.

You might not go back to school but telling them soothens the pain you already are in.

The best graduating student in my school during the 2014 set was first admitted to Unilorin to study Chemical something, she was a high flying student. Along the way she got pregnant and had to drop out for 2 years to nurse her child, her father didn't disown her. He supported her all through. After sometime, he sent her back to school, my school (names with held).

This time around, she had to opt for a management course (Human Resources) she made distinction from her first year all through. She's currently in the UK.

They are your parents and they won't disown you.

It's never late to start over, go back home.

169 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Promotions: 8:26am On Mar 10, 2020
Wow this your story is something else..your anger management mechanism is poor (breaking head and throwing chair)..
I don't want to put blames on anyone but is the man finally divorced?...
You already have a baby don't hide her from her grannies, inform them about her that's the best you can do cos you can't hide it forever..you will be glad you told them cos the fear and burden will finally leave you.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Hhansome(m): 8:28am On Mar 10, 2020
Thank God i didn't read.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by ValCon888: 8:29am On Mar 10, 2020
If only you spent your 21st birthday jejely at home, all this shìt won't have befallen you.
Now you're a baby mama to an irresponsible man and a dropout. I'm not bashing you. Just pointing out the facts.
The least you can do right now is to be upfront with your fam. Tell them about your child and the fact you've not been going to school.

Your child is a blessing and you're a young girl. I'm confident you can get your life back together.

124 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by GOFRONT(m): 8:46am On Mar 10, 2020
He told you he was married but now divorced and then still living in the same apartment with her.......How else can a lie be more glaring and Obvious??.......Our girls and their vegetable seed brain sha!!!

Thank God it's a Man's World...

293 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Raphsays: 8:53am On Mar 10, 2020
@ OP
Just tell them. Just tell them anyhow!

Tell the parent you are closest to. If it's your dad just tell him!

They won't kill you, they may be disappointed in you just as I am,
nevertheless, tell him. U'll be happier you did.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Oyindidi(f): 8:54am On Mar 10, 2020
Only if you close your legs the way you close your mouth, wahala for no dey.

152 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by StrikeBack(m): 9:21am On Mar 10, 2020
Spent your 21st birthday in a club??

I'm sure people advised you against going to the club house

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Adgideon(m): 10:08am On Mar 10, 2020
Concerning the guy and ur child I have nothing to say to you, 4 stoping school I have nothing to say, 4 lying to your parents that you are school, when you dropped out I have nothing to say, 4 still collecting money from your parents I have nothing to say, 4 your daughter I have something to say that I hope that she doesn't grow up to be like u

373 Likes 27 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Sanchez01: 10:17am On Mar 10, 2020
Another script just landed. This isn't worth any sane person's time. Neh!

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Professorcplus(m): 10:30am On Mar 10, 2020
.Child of the world. Why do young girls prefer married guys. You have been lied to and beside, the man doesn't have to open his mouth to tell you he wants you to be his side chick. This is why I don't condemn wife bashing their husband's side chick. This could have save you a lot of stress. Now the deed has been done, just tell your parent what has happened and and don't let your waywardness affects the child future. .

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Olunmercy56(f): 11:08am On Mar 10, 2020
Every child is a blessing, your parents can't kill you, go and tell them.
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Richy4(m): 11:23am On Mar 10, 2020
Usually, I don't like stories without paragraph.. However, I managed to read this one... and will take paracetamol for my effort... smiley

I have one question. Why was your VISA not canceled when you dropped out of college? Just asking because every good institution will alert the Immigration authority.. when the funding was not coming cheesy

239 Likes 14 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Winneygirl(f): 11:27am On Mar 10, 2020
This is Super storyyyyy.... A life of strife and sorrows...
"Mistakenly had sex with his wife".... grin grin grin

109 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Whyzaid(f): 11:34am On Mar 10, 2020
Since you don't wish to be a failure, and it's obvious you have failed yourself and your parents but you need to rise again, pls inform your parents about your present state and try to go back to school

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by sisisioge: 11:41am On Mar 10, 2020
grin grin grin grin

All these finny funny gist sef.

Well, your child is a citizen of the "abroad". Find a job there and stop acting like a child. Regularize your papers and forget about returning. You're a mother now ma'am so your strict daddy can't beat you.

And stop throwing things at people grin

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Vyolet(f): 11:42am On Mar 10, 2020
The handsome 32year old played you, sorry you were too naive to realise that, but at least I thank God on his behalf that he left you, your kind of anger will kill him one day and his innocent wife and kids.

As for your baby, what makes you think your parents don't already know you have a child and waiting for when you would tell them with your mouth?
Open up to them now, you can't do it alone, you should be ready to face the consequence of your actions, everything will fall back in place at the end.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by LilMissFavvy(f): 2:45pm On Mar 10, 2020
undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Dynamic33: 3:58pm On Mar 10, 2020
NextD18:
The normal me would have condemned your waywardness and unequivocally call out your evil plans and intention of destroying his marriage.

But I'll ignore!

My advice is; Kindly open up to your parents, you did not kill or steal from them, what happened to you is a mistake and something that can happen to anyone in different forms.
They are your parents and won't kill or denounce you as their daughter for making a mistake. Open up to them and let them know how sorry you are to disappoint them.

The earlier the better!!
Thank you . I’m really nervous I'll try to talk to my mum tomorrow

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by lyriclekidd(m): 4:53pm On Mar 10, 2020
Okay
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by sammieguze(m): 4:53pm On Mar 10, 2020
lmao

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by ursullalinda(f): 4:53pm On Mar 10, 2020
Why do you throw things @ people when you are angry?......you need to work on your self .......you have serious anger issues and it will do you more harm than good......back to the topic.....the deed has been done......pick up your life and face it squarely.......to say they will be hurt is an understatement and who wouldn't be? .....But you can still make them proud by becoming successful......the earlier you tell them the better too.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Dpharisee: 4:53pm On Mar 10, 2020
Richy4:

Usually, I don't like stories without paragraph.. However, I managed to read this one... and will take paracetamol for my effort... smiley

I have one question. Why was your VISA not canceled when you dropped out of college? Just asking because every good institution will alert the Immigration authority.. when the funding was not coming cheesy

Because La story, La Fake grin grin

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Seunaj05(m): 4:54pm On Mar 10, 2020
If he can divorce the mother of his kids because of you, he can also divorce you for the lattest hot babe out there

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by etrange: 4:54pm On Mar 10, 2020
Tell them exactly the way you told us. Text mum, then call her later after the news have settled in. She will know how to handle dad. The good thing is that you are far away so they wouldn't be so mad by the time you're bundled back after your student's Visa has expired.

But sis, you messed up.

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by ainas247: 4:54pm On Mar 10, 2020
embarassed If I say what is on my mind now, you would hate me
you killed your parent joy because of your oloshoism
the moment they know you dropped out 3 years ago, that will kill their joy.

Anyhow, what you should do is to make sure you go back to school before you come back home.
give them reasons why you won't come back home soon.

Dominate Google search with your business, chat up now
see great result

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Kwamecron(m): 4:54pm On Mar 10, 2020
The same way you posted it here on nairaland.

Better still you can contact me.

We make the whole arrangement and those who will persuade ur family in case of any volcanic eruptions.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Wife Cries As Her Husband Starves Her Of Sex For 4 Years / A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her / My Husband Doesn’t Satisfy Me Sexually, Our Kids Not His – Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.