Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,294 members, 7,829,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? (63003 Views)

How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? / Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? / I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Renegadefrank(m): 10:42pm On Mar 10, 2020
Tell your parents and be ready for the consequences. They will be mad but it will pass. Plus, they can't kill you as you're their daughter.

Another thing is the eventual beautiful and positive effect of a grandchild on grandparents. They'll get over it provided you tell them, and they don't hear it from someone else.

Finally, you've got anger issues in my opinion. You always hit your man even when he didn't touch you. Work on it pls, so your abusive side doesn't rub off on your daughter.

Best wishes
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Godson201333(m): 10:47pm On Mar 10, 2020
Dynamic33:
I met my baby daddy three years ago. We met on my 21st birthday. I went out to the nightclub to celebrate my birthday and I met this handsome 32 years old. He couldn’t stop staring at me until he approached me and introduced himself and we exchanged numbers.

He called me the next day, we chatted for about an hour and he told me he was married. He has two kids but they now are separated. In the process of divorce but they are still living together, separate bedrooms while he is waiting for the house he is building to finish so he can move out.

I was jealous and angry at him. I told him he is lying to me, they are still together and still fucking he just want to use me then dump me but he promised me that there was nothing between him and the wife, and that they had stop having sex when she was pregnant with the second baby and the baby was now 8 months and he has proof that there was nothing between them.

We were meeting at my place and staying together until 2-3am. Sometimes he doesn’t go back until the next day and on those days that we don’t meet, we chatted on the phone until late 1-2am while he was still in the house so I was happy that there’s nothing between them.

He brought the children to me, I fell so much in love with them and will be spending the day with them and it felt great to bond with them.

Then later I got pregnant, he told me to abort it because they are in the process of divorce. If the court finds out he impregnated someone somewhere else everything will go against him. I told him not to worry I will keep it as a secret until he sorts out the divorce but he insisted that I should abort. I didn’t like it. We had a misunderstanding. In anger I hit him with my heels shoes and injured him on the forehead. He was bleeding but he didn’t fight me back. He just left and I was very sorry. I kept begging him, asking for forgiveness, he kept ignoring me and for three months we didn’t contact each other because he was still mad at me.

Then few months later, he called and asked to meet me and I begged him for forgiveness for everything I did to him and I accepted to abort the pregnancy. I was already 5 months gone and two days before the abortion he came to my house and told me that while we’re on the break, he was stressed and started drinking and mistakenly had sex with his wife and she is also pregnant. He said that she lured him to have sex to stop the divorce process but he do not care about it. He will go ahead with the divorce because he still loves me and wants to be with me and he pleaded with me to do the abortion for him so he could win the divorce and custody of his children. I was very angry that I threw a plastic chair on him and asked him to leave my house and to never come back that it was over between us. I deleted and blocked his numbers and removed all his pictures on my phone. He was begging my friends to tell me to forgive him but I rejected him and I now have my beautiful daughter, my joy, my everything.

But the only problem I have, my parents sent me abroad to study, I dropped out three years ago and they don’t know I'm not longer in school and that I now have a child because they keep sending me money every month thinking I’m still in school. When I’m not so on December I did traveled back home to my parents and I left my daughter with a friend for 2 whole weeks. I couldn’t sleep or eat and my parents said Now that I’m in my final year after finishing it, they want me to come back home for good by July and where will I leave my child ? I don’t know how to tell my parents about my child? And also that I left school three years ago my dad is very strict and am scared.

Please I’m very sorry for the long post and advice me on how to tell them please?

Looks like this your abroad is somewhere in Ghana I guess. Anyways the earlier the better, let your parents know that you are no more in school. Lying to your parents while they keep sending you money to support your academic ambitious would be seen as a scam if you fail to reveal the reality to them.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Bizzyliss(m): 11:03pm On Mar 10, 2020
Same way u told ur baby daddy to do it faster
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by streetsoldier1(m): 11:05pm On Mar 10, 2020
You people saying "tell them, tell them" didn't consider the health of the parents, if you don pay pikin school fees before you will understand, to send child go school abroad and sending money for 3 years!!!! Haba!!! Abeg, relocate abroad ooo, find means to get back to school, get a job to support yourself and once in a while ask for assistance from parents, when u get to final year true true, tell them everything.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Sunrise258: 11:25pm On Mar 10, 2020
Heaven n heart know you will only be good as a 2nd wife to a useless liar of a man! Your destiny is that you will be a 2nd wife and teach the fool lesson like 2nd wife sanders did her husband in Kaduna. With your poor anger mgt, you are edging there! On your parents, ensure you wear a Deontey Wilder costume before telling them else, you will die that day. Best is, mail them the truth words for words before telling them on phone. If your parents are Yoruba, your mama ears will be hearing unpleasant ear tearing diss from your father all the time.

Note: Why don't you go back to school since you were receiving money from your parents regularly?!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Advancedman(m): 11:34pm On Mar 10, 2020
Dynamic33:
I met my baby daddy three years ago. We met on my 21st birthday. I went out to the nightclub to celebrate my birthday and I met this handsome 32 years old. He couldn’t stop staring at me until he approached me and introduced himself and we exchanged numbers.

He called me the next day, we chatted for about an hour and he told me he was married. He has two kids but they now are separated. In the process of divorce but they are still living together, separate bedrooms while he is waiting for the house he is building to finish so he can move out.

I was jealous and angry at him. I told him he is lying to me, they are still together and still fucking he just want to use me then dump me but he promised me that there was nothing between him and the wife, and that they had stop having sex when she was pregnant with the second baby and the baby was now 8 months and he has proof that there was nothing between them.

We were meeting at my place and staying together until 2-3am. Sometimes he doesn’t go back until the next day and on those days that we don’t meet, we chatted on the phone until late 1-2am while he was still in the house so I was happy that there’s nothing between them.

He brought the children to me, I fell so much in love with them and will be spending the day with them and it felt great to bond with them.

Then later I got pregnant, he told me to abort it because they are in the process of divorce. If the court finds out he impregnated someone somewhere else everything will go against him. I told him not to worry I will keep it as a secret until he sorts out the divorce but he insisted that I should abort. I didn’t like it. We had a misunderstanding. In anger I hit him with my heels shoes and injured him on the forehead. He was bleeding but he didn’t fight me back. He just left and I was very sorry. I kept begging him, asking for forgiveness, he kept ignoring me and for three months we didn’t contact each other because he was still mad at me.

Then few months later, he called and asked to meet me and I begged him for forgiveness for everything I did to him and I accepted to abort the pregnancy. I was already 5 months gone and two days before the abortion he came to my house and told me that while we’re on the break, he was stressed and started drinking and mistakenly had sex with his wife and she is also pregnant. He said that she lured him to have sex to stop the divorce process but he do not care about it. He will go ahead with the divorce because he still loves me and wants to be with me and he pleaded with me to do the abortion for him so he could win the divorce and custody of his children. I was very angry that I threw a plastic chair on him and asked him to leave my house and to never come back that it was over between us. I deleted and blocked his numbers and removed all his pictures on my phone. He was begging my friends to tell me to forgive him but I rejected him and I now have my beautiful daughter, my joy, my everything.

But the only problem I have, my parents sent me abroad to study, I dropped out three years ago and they don’t know I'm not longer in school and that I now have a child because they keep sending me money every month thinking I’m still in school. When I’m not so on December I did traveled back home to my parents and I left my daughter with a friend for 2 whole weeks. I couldn’t sleep or eat and my parents said Now that I’m in my final year after finishing it, they want me to come back home for good by July and where will I leave my child ? I don’t know how to tell my parents about my child? And also that I left school three years ago my dad is very strict and am scared.

Please I’m very sorry for the long post and advice me on how to tell them please?

They already know as long it's on nairaland
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Dynamic33: 11:39pm On Mar 10, 2020
Sunrise258:
Heaven n heart know you will only be good as a 2nd wife to a useless liar of a man! Your destiny is that you will be a 2nd wife and teach the fool lesson like 2nd wife sanders did her husband in Kaduna. With your poor anger mgt, you are edging there! On your parents, ensure you wear a Deontey Wilder costume before telling them else, you will die that day. Best is, mail them the truth words for words before telling them on phone. If your parents are Yoruba, your mama ears will be hearing unpleasant ear tearing diss from your father all the time.

Note: Why don't you go back to school since you were receiving money from your parents regularly?!!!!
That will be your sisters and daughters portions
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Dynamic33: 11:40pm On Mar 10, 2020
Advancedman:

They already know as long it's on nairaland
No they doesn’t because if they knew my mum would have call to ask if it’s true
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Fivepercent: 11:57pm On Mar 10, 2020
send them this post's link ...
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Dynamic33: 12:01am On Mar 11, 2020
Fivepercent:
send them this post's link ...
Thank you
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by grandstar(m): 12:12am On Mar 11, 2020
Adgideon:
Concerning the guy and ur child I have nothing to say to you, 4 stoping school I have nothing to say, 4 lying to your parents that you are school, when you dropped out I have nothing to say, 4 still collecting money from your parents I have nothing to say, 4 your daughter I have something to say that I hope that she doesn't grow up to be like u

How have you helped her? why don't you advise her to buy sniper rather than come here? (Read Matthew 7:1-4). Be a strengthening aid when responding. Imagine Jesus telling Lazarus that he hopes none of his children grows up to be like him a tax collector? (Collosians 4:6). Would he have repented or just made him feel irredeemable and worthless.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Promotions: 12:33am On Mar 11, 2020
ImaIma1:

Audio divorce cheesy. Ladies shouldn't fall for that scam
lolzzz...the brother will say anything for little fun and second chance to feel young again grin grin
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Ishilove: 1:19am On Mar 11, 2020
Shior. Mscheeeeeeeew

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by raphy(m): 2:37am On Mar 11, 2020
you can stay over there and tell ya parents you can't come back.
but try to tell ya mum she WL tell you what to do.
but you didn't tel us the country you in so we can know the benefit your child may have.
.just tell your mum n get to us first .

something tells me you smoke thats why you HV Ange issue breaking things on people heads.lol.

NL legends understands her story well.not the ones abusing her n calling her olosho.

Europe is sweet chuck covid 19.
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by oldroad: 3:13am On Mar 11, 2020
Oyindidi:
Only if you close your legs the way you close your mouth, wahala for no dey.
hahahaha
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by MightyHand(m): 3:59am On Mar 11, 2020
What I love about NL is the comments.
You'll find some senses and some jokers all around...Its hard for the op to see the funny comments sha..

Back to the topic, jejeli text your mum you've had an issue overthere and she will do the needful by pressing you to explain/talk it out...

Its not hard as u think...
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by SammyChi1988: 4:06am On Mar 11, 2020
Bad child... Your children will waste your money as you have wasted your parents money. You are very wicked and heartless.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Nobody: 4:10am On Mar 11, 2020
Hmm. Let me see. Start off like this:

To your father;
"Dad, I have been squandering the money that you have been toiling hard to earn, not on a degree that will improve my life as you believed, but on living it large and making babies extra maritally with already married men. Not only am I not in my final year, I am not even in my first year, so I'm neither graduating today, tomorrow or anytime in the near future; if at all. No sweat though, it was only a couple of millions of Naira that I wasted. At best they could have built you an extra mansion or two that you could have used as an income source in your old age, and you already have enough houses in my opinion so you didn't even need the money. Anyway, I've said sorry, so I don't want to discuss this any futher. It was even your fault for sending me abroad alone when you knew I have a weakness for tall, dark men.".

To your mother;
"Mum, tell dad to stop harassing me. I've already said sorry. What more does he want? I can't kill myself now. By the way, since dad has decided to selfishly stop my allowance, I have to keep my daughter with you because I have no income source and no degree to get one. Just for a few months/years until I find myself. Which kind of guarantees do you need again? How would I know whether I might meet another attractive man and mistakenly get pregnant again, am I god? Mtcheew!. Please I am under stress now. I can't cope with all this stress you people are giving me for one small mistake. You are not even thankful to me that I didn't start this from secondary school.".

They will be intimidated and will not be able to say anything to you. Make sure that you tender the above apologies to them in a room where there are no high heeled shoes or plastic chairs that can fly around by themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Adgideon(m): 5:18am On Mar 11, 2020
grandstar:

How have you helped her? why don't you advise her to buy sniper rather than come here? (Read Matthew 7:1-4). Be a strengthening aid when responding. Imagine Jesus telling Lazarus that he hopes none of his children grows up to be like him a tax collector? (Collosians 4:6). Would he have repented or just made him feel irredeemable and worthless.

I have helped her I never insulted her, or say anything bad to her, I believe my comment will propel her to bring up her daughter not to make the same mistake she made
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by McBenedict(f): 5:46am On Mar 11, 2020
Mit me and I'll tel u how to tel dem. I no blame u
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by FireKing: 7:04am On Mar 11, 2020
My advice.... U should run next time a guy tells u he is married cos I can see d guy was honest with u but weren't honest to urself... Put your self in the man's wife position wil u be happy if another woman is trying to take ur place in ur home. Please, tell ur parents the truth,apologize to them in all ways and also go meet the parents of the man who is the father of your child and tell them they have a beautiful granddaughter. so,you plan on how to get work permit through ur daughter and make things right with ur family
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by anoziechi(f): 7:48am On Mar 11, 2020
a man told you he is married but still on divorce process but he is still living with his wife...some girls with their fish brain sef........e don happen Naa tell your parents... Na your own degree be that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by opsyswagger(m): 8:09am On Mar 11, 2020
Fake news
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by ImaIma1(f): 8:52am On Mar 11, 2020
Promotions:
lolzzz...the brother will say anything for little fun and second chance to feel young again grin grin

He got drunk and mistakenly slept with the wife cheesy. Definition of mistake here. I am sure he cannot mistakenly sleep with his mum no matter how drunk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by lexiwonder(m): 9:28am On Mar 11, 2020
1. Are you the only child your parent have? if not, tell your siblings first. then together you all can decide on how to tell your parent.
2. if you are the only child and you are scared of your dad, then i will advise you to talk to your mom. she will know how to tell your dad. they are both your parent they will not kill you, things happen. And also your parent will advise you on how to go on with the baby daddy, that's the advantage of telling them cos i feel right now you are not thinking straight.
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by lucky4west: 9:36am On Mar 11, 2020
spending 21st birthday in da club...u have gotten ur reward...nice one clap for ursef....school abandoned, i wonder what ladies are thinking of these days...it is ladies like u they will send to school and will end up making a sex tape like that unfortunate Babcock University girl absolute rubbish! what were u doing with someone who was involved in a divorce process? still living together u should know they are still together....some ladies really have fish brain haba una no de think at all....if u like tell ur parents the truth will come out someday...plz try and celebrate your next birthday in a new club! more men are waiting...on a friendly level u can start school all over again since they are still sending u money...just tell them u got some extra years
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Dynamic33: 10:02am On Mar 11, 2020
lucky4west:
spending 21st birthday in da club...u have gotten ur reward...nice one clap for ursef....school abandoned, i wonder what ladies are thinking of these days...it is ladies like u they will send to school and will end up making a sex tape like that unfortunate Babcock University girl absolute rubbish! what were u doing with someone who was involved in a divorce process? still living together u should know they are still together....some ladies really have fish brain haba una no de think at all....if u like tell ur parents the truth will come out someday...plz try and celebrate your next birthday in a new club! more men are waiting...on a friendly level u can start school all over again since they are still sending u money...just tell them u got some extra years
I don’t need more men because I already have a loving and caring boyfriend

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Monday60655(m): 10:03am On Mar 11, 2020
Nothing to hide again because you have already told told your parents since I'm part of your family.
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Dynamic33: 10:04am On Mar 11, 2020
lexiwonder:
1. Are you the only child your parent have? if not, tell your siblings first. then together you all can decide on how to tell your parent.
2. if you are the only child and you are scared of your dad, then i will advise you to talk to your mom. she will know how to tell your dad. they are both your parent they will not kill you, things happen. And also your parent will advise you on how to go on with the baby daddy, that's the advantage of telling them cos i feel right now you are not thinking straight.
I have 2 little sisters, will talk to my mum today
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Dynamic33: 10:04am On Mar 11, 2020
Monday60655:
Nothing to hide again because you have already told told your parents since I'm part of your family.
Funny
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by frozen70(f): 12:08pm On Mar 11, 2020
Dynamic33:

You know what, you are very hard, what I mean is tgat you have a heart of destruction and you don't even care about it

Now lets take it from the point of your schooling, you were schooling abroad and for reasons best known to you, you dropped out if school, you kept it away from your parents and you were OK with that

Secondly, you met a family, who sweet mouth you and you fell for him, he wasn't dating you for any marriage,
He was not having issues with his wife
He is not planning to divorce his wife
He chats with you till midnight and you feel he it s separated from his wife but you forgot that he may have his own bedroom

Thirdly, you hit him twice because you can't control your emotions, which man will keep you with your behaviour

Lastly you had your baby, that's good, you travelled without her and you never told your parents, OK now, you haven't even told them about you being a drop out

My advice, get to know your daughter's father family, so that you don't deprive her of knowing her father's family.

Tell your parents what happened and ask them to forgive and help you to build a better life

Your heart is too strong, start working with your conscience and be ready to start life afresh

You made a terrible mistake at this your tender age

You still have time to correct your mistakes

Learn to be focused, at 22yrs if you don't take time, you will be sad although
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Mizwisdom(f): 12:46pm On Mar 11, 2020
Another fake story. Noted and discarded

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My Husband Doesn’t Satisfy Me Sexually, Our Kids Not His – Wife / Nurse Set To Divorce Her Husband For Wanting To Pursue The Same Career As Hers / Help My Husband Self-service During Sex.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.