Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,719 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:43 AM

I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' (14432 Views)

Gov. Amosun Controlling Traffic On Lag-ib Rd, King Sunny Ade Stops To Thank Him / Buhari Ask Nigerians To Thank GEJ For This Year's Independence Celebration! / Buhari Admonishes CBN Governor For Bringing Jim Ovia To Washington DC Dinner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 22, 2010
Another National  Embarrassment @ President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan 'Facebook' Launch!

"I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria"- Minister of Information; Labaran Maku(on AIT-during the launching)
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by blacksta(m): 3:01pm On Dec 22, 2010
When one is surrounded by low lifes , mumus, person miss road like GEJ what does one expect , anything other than comedy will be asking for too much.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Arkhin(m): 3:02pm On Dec 22, 2010
The minister of information actually said that? Those oldies are sure from the forest, so backward.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by afrobaby(f): 3:15pm On Dec 22, 2010
are u kidding, minister of information actually said that,
really, this old men should go and rest jare
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Dsense(m): 3:27pm On Dec 22, 2010
OP.
We do have lot of retired farmers holding high posts back home ,So no need to be amazed!
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Kx: 3:28pm On Dec 22, 2010
shocked shocked shocked
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by wesley80(m): 3:47pm On Dec 22, 2010
galek:

"I WANT TO THANK  GEJ FOR BRINGING FACEBOOK TO NIGERIA"- Minister of Information; Labaran Maku(on AIT-during the launching)

In what context was the sentence made? Or he just stood up n made the above statement? If u can also quote what he said before and after the above statement then we can judge whether or not it really is a dumb statement like u're painting it. Until then, u and your fellow half witted posters can shut your excessively wide traps cos as it stands U folks are only making a fooool of your frigging selves. U can thank me later.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Meldrick(m): 3:53pm On Dec 22, 2010
D-sense:

OP.
We do have lot of retired farmers holding high posts back home ,So no need to be amazed!
So is it a crime to be a farmer? Are you not aware that there are lots of graduates/educated people who are farmers?
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Dsense(m): 4:00pm On Dec 22, 2010
^^^Go sleep jor . . .That was ''Farmers'' was meant metaphorically!
I meant illiterates!
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by dplordx(m): 4:05pm On Dec 22, 2010
Kei! Nlander!

It was slip of tongue. The guy was crowing several praises at unabated pace and he ended up sounding like a complete illiterate.
But he should have corrected himself sha, but his mouth was dancing faster than a dervish skirt.
Well, thats what happen when the president overpays you with lots of USD dollar$$$ for been an asskisser.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by aljharem11(m): 4:06pm On Dec 22, 2010
grin grin grin kai grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by softgirl1: 4:26pm On Dec 22, 2010
I dey laugh in wazobia grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by yang(m): 4:27pm On Dec 22, 2010
In the spirit of Christmas. . . . . . . . .
We thank 2face for bringing music to Nigeria.

We thank MTN for bringing Telephone to Nigeria.

We thank Mikano and JMG for introducing Generators to Nigeria.

We immensely thank the Senate of the Federal Republic to allow another dunderhead to occupy the office as the Minister of (Mis)Information. . . . . . . . . . . . Can anything good (not-dumb) come from the North. :-/
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by olabukola: 4:29pm On Dec 22, 2010
I can't place his name, pls is he from the SE or SS?
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by snowdrops(m): 4:29pm On Dec 22, 2010
i am not sure he is that stupid. He probably meant kudos to GEJ for using fb as a medium in reaching out to Nigerians unlike his predecessors.

this debate sounds petty. there are more serious issues in the country that need addressing
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by holydante(m): 4:31pm On Dec 22, 2010
olabukola:

I can't place his name, pls is he from the SE or SS?

and what about the south North undecided undecided undecided
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Dsense(m): 4:33pm On Dec 22, 2010
Abeg make una start any ethnical rubbish fight for here. . . .  .We just wanna keep bashing the mumu Minister and thta's all
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by 3kay945(m): 4:34pm On Dec 22, 2010
:p
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by 3kay945(m): 4:42pm On Dec 22, 2010
snowdrops:

i am not sure he is that silly. He probably meant kudos to GEJ for using fb as a medium in reaching out to Nigerians unlike his predecessors.

this debate sounds petty. there are more serious issues in the country that need addressing
Like what? That has not been discussed before.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by thweraja10: 4:43pm On Dec 22, 2010
The man is so dumb im sorry to say . Facebook that has been in Nigeria even before Yaradua came into power. Minister for Information for that matter.

May be this is just the beginning, lets wait and see
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Vijay4life(m): 4:44pm On Dec 22, 2010
Mumu Minister.i still dey laugh oo.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by cougar1: 4:46pm On Dec 22, 2010
galek:

Another National  Embarrassment @ President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan 'Facebook' Launch!

"I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria"- Minister of Information; Labaran Maku(on AIT-during the launching)

that country is a joke. most time, i am ashamed to identify with a country that looks like there's no governance. the so called rams in power know nothing. they lauded obasanjo too for bringing mobile phones to nigeria. something other west african countries had been enjoying eons before nigeria embraced it. nigeria has to be the most useless country on the planet.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by sayso: 4:46pm On Dec 22, 2010
snowdrops:

i am not sure he is that silly. He probably meant kudos to GEJ for using fb as a medium in reaching out to Nigerians unlike his predecessors.

you sure they all have internet access?
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Dsense(m): 4:49pm On Dec 22, 2010
No . . .Aint think so grin
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by cougar1: 4:50pm On Dec 22, 2010
sayso:

you sure they all have internet access?

thanks to blackberry, they all do these days but i doubt they all know how to navigate.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by frankhills(m): 4:51pm On Dec 22, 2010
Chai ! These people are really old and worn out. That is why it is said that if u are not informed, u will be deformed. If u are not updated, u will be outdated. If u are not in the know, u will not be in the flow. So somebody really made this statement in this 21th Century Eeh?
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by kcjazz(m): 4:53pm On Dec 22, 2010
Kai Minister!

Also thank GEJ for bringing sunlight to Nigeria. I am on a mission to bring Twitter and MySpace to Nigeria grin
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by papadenzel(m): 4:54pm On Dec 22, 2010
na 9ja we dey na, y r u all acting surprised? Or u think d ruling class get time to update dem knowledge, all dey need na jujumen to giv dem power to stay 4ever, if na other countries, dis guy will resign honorably for such a goof,
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Jarus(m): 4:56pm On Dec 22, 2010
If this statement was truly made by our Minister of Information, then we are in serious trouble in thsi country.
An information minister is expected to be enlightened, current.
He can be pardoned if he said GEJ popularized FB in Nigeria(which is also wrong, given the fact that FB has been popular far before GEJ), but to say GEJ brought FB to Nigeria is height of ignorance.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by asamuel: 4:57pm On Dec 22, 2010
Hausa man with damaged brain. Yet they want to preside over modern Nigeria. May God not allow them.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by apoti(m): 4:57pm On Dec 22, 2010
LWKMD grin

wat's d source pls.

I need to be sure b4 this laff kill me abeg grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Beaf: 4:58pm On Dec 22, 2010
GEJ introduced social networking to Nigerian (even African) politics. That is what the Minister meant, he was 100% correct. cool
Because of GEJ, all Nigerian politicians are striving hard to seem in connection with the masses and youth through facebook, twitter and the likes (even monsters like IBB).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senator Kabir Marafa: "We Know The Zamfara Criminals But Can't Name Them" / Falana, Utomi Others Set To Unveil New Political Movement On October 1st / ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.