Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Kano Government Denies Banishing Sanusi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Government Denies Banishing Sanusi (717 Views)

EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Egypt, Nigerian Government Denies Involvement / Kano Government Relaxes Lockdown, Announces Free Days / Emir Sanusi Faces Dethronement As Kano Government Commences Investigation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Government Denies Banishing Sanusi by Babtech001: 12:27pm On Mar 11, 2020
Following ongoing reports that the Kano State Government was behind the banishment of deposed Emir of Kano, Muhammad Sanusi II, the attorney-general of Kano State, Ibrahim Muktar has denied the report circulating in the media.

This was disclosed by the attorney general of Kano state on Wednesday during an interview on Channels Television ‘Sunrise Daily’ programme.

Muktar said that the banishment of Sanusi was not part of the decision of the Kano State Government.

He also stated that Sanusi was not removed because of the corruption probe but strictly because of insubordination.

He said, “If you listen to the Secretary to the State Government when he was addressing the press on the issue of the removal of the emir from office, there was nowhere he stated that the emir was banished from Kano State.

“So, the decision of the government when the emir was removed on Monday was that he was removed from office and a new one appointed. The issue of banishment was not part of the decision of the Kano State Government.

“We have been hearing from the media that he has been banished but what I know is that he was taken out of Kano State but banishment was not part of our decision. There is no such decision to the best of my knowledge.”

He said, “The state government has not taken the law into its hands. Let me explain that the decision to remove the emir from office is administrative and was not based on the issues pending before the court. All the issues pending before the court have not to do with the removal of the emir or the dethronement.”

“No decision on that actually. I cannot pre-empt the position of the government on whether investigation will stop or will continue. I cannot say as of now.”

https://globaltimesng.com/kano-government-denies-banishing-sanusi/

Lalasticlala

Re: Kano Government Denies Banishing Sanusi by Hotfella(m): 12:29pm On Mar 11, 2020
Who come banish am? Na shekau? Are you saying the Emir packed his kaya and went all the way to Toto local government (abi na awe, any which one) on his own? Is he high?

2 Likes

Re: Kano Government Denies Banishing Sanusi by godofuck231: 12:40pm On Mar 11, 2020
this is why I said no matter how hard the wind howls, the mountain can never bow to it, the governor is an ignorant power drunk thug and the emir of kano sanusi is a royal by blood.

1 Like

Re: Kano Government Denies Banishing Sanusi by Ezenwammadu(m): 12:40pm On Mar 11, 2020
Its hard to pity former Emir Sanusi

- beheading of Gideon Akaluka
- missing $20bn which turned out to be lies against GEJ
- his wickedness during the banking reforms against those who didn't support his becoming CBN governor
- all talk and no action

It is the naive man who says there is nothing called KARMA!

2 Likes

Re: Kano Government Denies Banishing Sanusi by godofuck231: 12:40pm On Mar 11, 2020
this is why I said no matter how hard the wind howls, the mountain can never bow to it, the governor is an ignorant
power drunk thug and the emir of kano sanusi is a royal by blood.
Re: Kano Government Denies Banishing Sanusi by omoharry(f): 12:41pm On Mar 11, 2020
It is only in Nigeria that a thief will be allowed to preside over the lives of the just
Only in this country that a foolish man will be allowed to rule and dictate the wise ones on how to be govern
Only in the country that a mediocre will be celebrated and allowed to preside over the lives of the educated and intelligent ones
Only in this country that a corrupt politician who have stolen billions will be celebrated while the hungry petty thief will be burnt alive .
Is this not a country will daft and foolish citizen.? How else can one explain our stupidity.
We are a unique breed of Africans and we deserve our wicked leaders.
Re: Kano Government Denies Banishing Sanusi by Isobug: 12:45pm On Mar 11, 2020
Okay... They don start again. Accusations and counter accusations.
Very soon you will begin to hear stuff like.. ' Sanusi raises alarm on Ganduje threat to his life '
Re: Kano Government Denies Banishing Sanusi by Kcitytv: 12:50pm On Mar 11, 2020
.eyes have no curtain. once you've seen, you've seen, you cannot pretend otherwise. you cannot erase it.

Re: Kano Government Denies Banishing Sanusi by bigtt76(f): 12:56pm On Mar 11, 2020
Me I don't understand all of these iranu again oooo! cheesy

Babtech001:

https://globaltimesng.com/kano-government-denies-banishing-sanusi/

Lalasticlala
Re: Kano Government Denies Banishing Sanusi by Ruggedniggaone: 1:11pm On Mar 11, 2020
maybe na bullhari order his banishment that wicked senseless man can do an unthinkable thing. but wait o! the real president is in Germany,who can give such directive?
Re: Kano Government Denies Banishing Sanusi by Blue3k(m): 5:10pm On Mar 11, 2020
Muktar said that the banishment of Sanusi was not part of the decision of the Kano State Government.

He also stated that Sanusi was not removed because of the corruption probe but strictly because of insubordination.

Oh well we see if the judge believes you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fayemi, Uzodinma, Others Grace Akeredolu’s In-law Burial Ceremony / Clap For Buhari: FFK Takes A Dig At Buhari For Removing #20 From Fuel Price / COVID 19: See Solutions Professed By A Monarch To FG.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.