Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,453 members, 7,812,386 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

How Christians Pray - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Christians Pray (3505 Views)

How Christians Died For Their Faith While Muslims Kill For Islam / Why Do Christians Pray Aggressively & Shout Louder Amen At The Mention Of Money? / How Christians Can Put Their Angels To Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Christians Pray by charka: 8:14am On Jul 06, 2007
bamdil:

you don't need to jump up and down before God will be able to answer your prayer. You don't need to speak in a magnificent microphone before you can be heard by God. You don't need to to meet a pastor before your prayer can be answered by God. You don't need to shout and shout before your prayer can be answered.
Take this illustration:
Assuming you are a father and you have a son, he is seriously in need of new clothes and shoes, so he comes to you and ask you to buy clothes and shoes for him. By coming to you, will it be appropriate that the child will shout to you " DADDY, BUY ME CLOTHES AND SHOES, DADDY BUY ME CLOTHES AND SHOES", even if you know that it is appropriate for you to buy that, you wont buy it because that is not how to ask. Won't you? That's just the same thing to God, the Bible says in Matthew 6:2 , "that the have already have their reward", which simply means he wont answer them.
Another thing is that repetition is not for God, you don't need to say things allover again everytime you are praying. How will you feel according to the illustation above if your child should continue to repeat that saying everysecond that Daddy I say buy me a cloth, Daddy I say buy me a cloth, buy me a cloth, buy me a cloth, , wont you send that child away? That's just it. God doesn't want repetition in the book of Matthew 6:7, Do not say the same things over and over again, "

TELL THEM.

that is wat prayer has become these days. they wud say one thing a million times, i simply cant understand it
Re: How Christians Pray by kpomo98(f): 9:08am On Aug 29, 2008
Two things only (can’t remember where in the bible though).

*But right from the time of john the Baptist the kingdom of God suffered violence and the violent take it by force.

*Blessed is the lord who has taught my hands to fight and my feet to walk.
Re: How Christians Pray by Seabe(m): 2:05pm On Aug 30, 2008
Aproko, do you think that the Apostoles were mourning when the fire fell as in Atcs 2, in fact folks thought taht they were drunk. That was the beginning of the drunken dispensation,Paul said do not be drunk with wine,but be ye filled with the Holy Ghost. Cheers wink wink
Re: How Christians Pray by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 30, 2008
#@ kpomo98, irrelevant verse if i may add tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Taboo: Watch D Pic / Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? / The Outcome Of Satan's Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.