Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,785 members, 7,827,892 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Bianca Says There Is No Cause For Alarm - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bianca Says There Is No Cause For Alarm (1448 Views)

JEGA Speaks, Says There Are ‘still A Few Security Concerns’ Ahead Of Elections / Court Reads Ojukwu's Will, Bianca Gets Lion Share / Ojukwu's Siblings Give Bianca Quit Notice From His Residence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bianca Says There Is No Cause For Alarm by aljharem11(m): 9:31pm On Dec 22, 2010
Indications have emerged that former Biafran warlord Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu may be flown abroad for treatment before the end of the week due to his deteriorating health. The management of the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, (UNTH), Enugu, revealed the former Biafran warlord had been placed on life-support machine apparently to stabilise him before he would be flown to either South Africa or Egypt for intensive medical attention.

When Daily Sun visited the hospital yesterday, there was serious security presence within the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) section. The son, Emeka Ojukwu (Jnr), and a former chairman of Nnewi North Local Government Area, Mr. Azuka Okwuosa were among the few relatives and well wishers that were allowed into the ICU reception.
During a chat with journalists, the Chief Medical Director of UNTH, Dr Anthony Mbah said a team of consultants led by Prof Vincent Ike, a Consultant Cardiologist had been working on the former warlord, while disclosing that Ojukwu was gradually regaining consciousness.

According to the physician, “ Ojukwu was brought to the accident and emergency department of this hospital in an unconscious state last Sunday. The blood pressure was quite low and he was not making enough urine. Upon his arrival, all consultants started work on him immediately; diagnostic procedures were immediately administered on him. Right now, I can say that the blood pressure has stabilised and he is making enough urine. Although his level of consciousness has not improved greatly, efforts are in top gear to fly him abroad.

As a hospital, we have already provided transport oxygen and we are updating his medical certificate every moment in order to get ready for his rapid evacuation. “The opinion of the medical team working on him is that he had stroke attack and as I’m speaking, he is on a ventilator which is an artificial breathing machine just to help his breath because he was breathing excessively when he was brought here. For now, we have evidence that the oxygen saturation is okay. I also have it on good authority that the family is thinking of getting a flying ambulance to take him away,” Mba stated.

Ojukwu’s ill-health made President Goodluck Jonathan who was in Enugu last Friday to commission the Akanu Ibiam International Airport to pay him a visit at his GRA residence and wish him quick recovery.
Meanwhile, his wife, Bianca had declared that her husband’s illness was sensationalised by the media. According to her, the Eze Igbo Gburugburu was not expected to respond to treatment like a 30-year-old would. She argued that a 30-year old would respond to treatment of headache faster than an over 70-year-old man would.

She said although her husband was ill, there was no cause for panic. Ojukwu turned 77 on November 4. The Ikemba was rushed to the UNTH on the day the hospital’s members of staff were returning to work after embarking on a strike to press home their demand for better condition of service.
When newsmen visited Ojukwu’s residence yesterday, the Deputy Governor of Anambra State, Chief Emeka Sebodu, who was believed to have paid a sympathy visit was seen leaving the place.
Before now, Ojukwu had traveled abroad for medical treatment and only returned to the country about a month ago.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/dec/22/national-22-12-2010-01.htm
Re: Bianca Says There Is No Cause For Alarm by Blazay(m): 11:22pm On Dec 22, 2010
Right now, I can say that the blood pressure has stabilised and he is making enough urine. Although his level of consciousness has not improved greatly, efforts are in top gear to fly him abroad.

What a damn shame.
Useless country!

@77, let me see how many long flights he can endure to go back and forth to get stabilized over and over again.
Nigerians have no shame at all. The long flights alone are enough to kill any one in poor health.
Zombie nation!

"efforts are in top gear" my arzzzzzzzz!!!

You fly Yaradua abroad
You fly Mariam IBB abroad
You fly Stella OBJ abroad
You fly Ojukwu abroad
You fly Gani abroad
You fly Yinka Craig abraod

ALL dead before their times.

No shame at all.

Even Castro in Cuba is not flown abroad.
Who flies to Nigeria in 'top gear efforts' for treatment? undecided
Re: Bianca Says There Is No Cause For Alarm by Nobody: 11:40pm On Dec 22, 2010
Where are they flying him to?

Ivory coast?

Re: Bianca Says There Is No Cause For Alarm by jumobi1(m): 11:50pm On Dec 22, 2010
Blazay:

What a damn shame.
Useless country!

@77 let me see how many long flights he can endure to go and get stabilized over and over again.
Nigerians have no shame at all.The long flights alone is enough to kill any one in poor health.
Zombie nation!

You fly Yaradua abroad
You fly Ojukwu abroad
You fly Gani abroad

No shame at all.

Flawed Reasoning. I support improving Nigerian Health care but you are not making sense.
Re: Bianca Says There Is No Cause For Alarm by aljharem11(m): 11:55pm On Dec 22, 2010
Blazay:

What a damn shame.
Useless country!

@77 let me see how many long flights he can endure to go and get stabilized over and over again.
Nigerians have no shame at all.The long flights alone is enough to kill any one in poor health.
Zombie nation!

You fly Yaradua abroad
You fly Ojukwu abroad
You fly Gani abroad

No shame at all.

perfect reasoning,,,,,sometimes i just get disappointed with my country
Re: Bianca Says There Is No Cause For Alarm by aljharem11(m): 11:57pm On Dec 22, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Ivory coast?

i do not know why, may be because he is tried of ivory coast or something undecided cry sad
Re: Bianca Says There Is No Cause For Alarm by Blazay(m): 11:58pm On Dec 22, 2010
jumobi1:

Flawed Reasoning. I support improving Nigerian Health care but you are not making sense.

The poster after you understood what I meant.
You see, I am very pro-choice. . . but partial birth abortions should not be encouraged.
You are a proof they still exist.
Highly unfortunate.
You are a living abortion I swear!
The top half of you is most definitely missing. . . unless your brains shifted to your buttocks before the decapacitation process was completed by the quack doctor's scooping device.
Re: Bianca Says There Is No Cause For Alarm by jumobi1(m): 12:15am On Dec 23, 2010
Blazay:

The poster after you understood what I meant.
You see, I am very pro-choice. . . but partial birth abortions should not be encouraged.
You are a proof they still exist.
Highly unfortunate.
You are a living abortion I swear!
The top half of you is most definitely missing. . . unless your brains shifted to your buttock before the decapacitation process was completed by the quack doctor's scooping device.

Lol. Abeg bros no vex. It's not that serious. Flying people abroad makes sense cos if they are not flown, their chances of dying increases. Ojukwu has nothing to do with the sad state of Nigerian health care.
Re: Bianca Says There Is No Cause For Alarm by Blazay(m): 12:22am On Dec 23, 2010
jumobi1:

Lol. Abeg bros no vex. It's not that serious. Flying people abroad makes sense cos if they are not flown, their chances of dying increases. Ojukwu has nothing to do with the sad state of Nigerian health care.

Do you suffer from 'tunnel vision' syndrome or sum'un? undecided
Are you alright undecided
Or you cannot read and understand the English language?
Nothing wrong with admitting you misunderstand what your read or saw but. . . .

If you do not get it one time. . . why show up a second time?
Please, stop disgracing yourself.
Go back and read my initial post carefully. . . then get someone from your village to interprete the words to you in your 'native' dialect!

Frankly, I could not give a damn about your "Ojukwu" ok?
I only care about Nigeria.

Good Lord!
Re: Bianca Says There Is No Cause For Alarm by jason123: 12:29am On Dec 23, 2010
Blazay:

Do you suffer from 'tunnel vision' syndrome or sum'un? undecided
Are you alright undecided
Or you cannot read and understand the English language?
Nothing wrong with admitting you misunderstand what your read or saw but. . . .

If you do not get it one time. . . why show up a second time?
Please, stop disgracing yourself.
Go back and read my initial post carefully. . . then get someone from your village to interprete the words to you in your 'native' dialect!

Frankly, I could not give a damn about your "Ojukwu" ok?
I only care about Nigeria.

Good Lord!

the guy don apologise now undecided why do you still insult him?
Re: Bianca Says There Is No Cause For Alarm by T9ksy(m): 1:08am On Dec 23, 2010
Jason,

some peps just can't help themselves!
Re: Bianca Says There Is No Cause For Alarm by Blazay(m): 1:26am On Dec 23, 2010
^^^
Which wan consign you up dia? angry
Who are the 'peps'?

jason123:

the guy don apologise now undecided why do you still insult him?

The dude is still misrepresenting what I am saying and you are telling me he don apologise?
Why won't I insult him?
Is this about Ojukwu? undecided
Or the state of health care in Nigeria as a whole. . . ?
I just do not have patience for dim bulbs about to go off in pitch darkness while I am trying to have a party, that's all.
Someone is trying to understand some major problems about Nigeria then one person will come with some kind of 'local champion' mentality to disturb my trend of thought. . . how annoying!

See the reason why I want Atiku to win?
Enough of these regional/local champions.
Re: Bianca Says There Is No Cause For Alarm by justise: 1:51am On Dec 23, 2010
^^^^

Long Live Chief Blazay

Our one and only resident Schizophrenic
Re: Bianca Says There Is No Cause For Alarm by justise: 1:53am On Dec 23, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Ivory coast?

Ivorycoast would have been the ideal destination, but it is unstable at present

They might wanna try Isreal, his land of Origin. You get ma drift!
Re: Bianca Says There Is No Cause For Alarm by omongbatl: 1:59am On Dec 23, 2010
Ojukwu will outlive those who do not wish him well
Thou knowest thineself
Re: Bianca Says There Is No Cause For Alarm by aljharem11(m): 2:00am On Dec 23, 2010
omongbatl:

Ojukwu will outlive those who do not wish him well
Thou knowest thineself

why do you want to start again

who are the people wishing him bad undecided
Re: Bianca Says There Is No Cause For Alarm by justise: 2:03am On Dec 23, 2010
Omongbatl, are you stalking me or what?

Ojukwu is going to have a PE on his long flight abroad, and that kills faster than anything!
Re: Bianca Says There Is No Cause For Alarm by udezue(m): 2:08am On Dec 23, 2010
Wishing Ojukwu well.
Re: Bianca Says There Is No Cause For Alarm by aljharem11(m): 2:09am On Dec 23, 2010
udezue:

Wishing Ojukwu well.

Amen, do not worry God is with him wink
Re: Bianca Says There Is No Cause For Alarm by justise: 2:11am On Dec 23, 2010
^^^

May God's wish be done

One thing though, Science is Against Him

PE! PE!! PE!!!
Re: Bianca Says There Is No Cause For Alarm by aljharem11(m): 2:13am On Dec 23, 2010
justise:

^^^

May God's wish be done

then again you are right, but lets pray for the best wink
Re: Bianca Says There Is No Cause For Alarm by azimene: 2:15am On Dec 23, 2010
Just copy and past this link in 2 ur browser and regìster and u wil get 100$ bonus.
Dis is not a scam just check it out

/235djls

Dis xmas no go easy
Re: Bianca Says There Is No Cause For Alarm by aljharem11(m): 2:18am On Dec 23, 2010
azimene@:

Just copy and past this link in 2 your browser and regìster and u wil get 100$ bonus.
Dis is not a scam just check it out

/235djls

Dis xmas no go easy

i beg c'mot for my thread angry
Re: Bianca Says There Is No Cause For Alarm by justise: 2:36am On Dec 23, 2010
ragdollz:

Errrm for the record, some of these folks were chain smokers, one of them went for unnecessary cosmetic surgery, and the others were just too sick to have proper treatment in Nigeria. Now how is that any of our fault??

You still dont get his point

Let me say it in Ebonics

The hospitals wey dey for our obodo Naija no good enough, we suppose joint hands to gether to improve the Health care industry

Now if you do not understand the above, what the phucc are you doing on cyberspace!
Re: Bianca Says There Is No Cause For Alarm by Nobody: 2:37am On Dec 23, 2010
ragdollz:

Errrm for the record, some of these folks were chain smokers, one of them went for unnecessary cosmetic surgery, and the others were just too sick to have proper treatment in Nigeria. Now how is that any of our fault??

Actually, that is not the point.

Why cant sick Nigerian politicians stay home and get treated in hospitals where its citizens gets treated?

Doesnt that say much?

If they knew that Nigeria's hospital facilities are underdeveloped and most of its healthworkers are illiterate when it comes to medical technologies, then why not do something about it? They all just go abroad to die.
Re: Bianca Says There Is No Cause For Alarm by aljharem11(m): 2:43am On Dec 23, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Actually, that is not the point.

Why cant sick Nigerian politicians stay home and get treated in hospitals where its citizens gets treated?

Doesnt that say much?

If they knew that Nigeria's hospital facilities are underdeveloped and most of its healthworkers are illiterate when it comes to medical technologies, then why not do something about it? They all just go abroad to die.

gbammmm

ragdollz, i think it is said hear
Re: Bianca Says There Is No Cause For Alarm by Blazay(m): 2:49am On Dec 23, 2010
ragdollz:

Another partial birth product!
Even Yassat Arafat was a chain smoker too and did not need to go to Saudi Arabia for a brand new piss bag!

ragdollz:

LOLLLL.

You are a [size=16pt]this grace!!! [/size]

shocked shocked shocked

@Blazay seemed to be blaming Nigerians/Nigerian health system for the fact that the richie-rich politicians fly abroad to be treated. I ask again, HOW IS THAT OUR FAULT/BUSINESS?? If Yaradua chooses to be treated in Mars, WHO CARES? Stop complaining and get off your lazy azz and do sum'in, NEGRO!!!

I must be dreaming.
You are a spiritual dunce!
Ordained by the devil himself to carry out his works of stoopidity on earth.
Dust to dust may you return in abject idiocy.
Twa!

I rebuke thee!
Re: Bianca Says There Is No Cause For Alarm by justise: 2:52am On Dec 23, 2010
ragdollz:

LOLLLL.

You are a this grace!!!

@Blazay seemed to be blaming Nigerians/Nigerian health system for the fact that the richie-rich politicians fly abroad to be treated. I ask again, HOW IS THAT OUR FAULT/BUSINESS?? If Yaradua chooses to be treated in Mars, WHO CARES? Stop complaining and get off your lazy azz and do sum'in, NEGRO!!!
Your low IQ is worrisome
You should be gassed along with those useless politicians

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Situation In Oyo State / Oil Minister, Her Jeweller And Their Sweetheart Deal / Who Will Deliver Us From This Goodluck? By Femi Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.