Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,524 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Ojukwu To Be Flown To Britain Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu To Be Flown To Britain Today (1623 Views)

Bianca Ojukwu To Become APGA Leader / Awolowo Asked Ojukwu To Be Open And Forthright . But Ojukwu Was Trying To Do Wuru Wuru Backroom Deals / Ojukwu To Be Buried In American Gold Casket –bianca (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojukwu To Be Flown To Britain Today by OchiAgha2(m): 3:03am On Dec 23, 2010
[b]Ojukwu to be flown to Britain toda[/b]y

Chris Oji, Enugu 23/12/2010 00:00:00

Ex-Biafran warlord Chief Emeka Odume-gwu Ojukwu is to be flown to Britain today, in a frantic effort to save his life.

Ojukwu, 77, has been on life support machine at the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH), Enugu, since Sunday after suffering a stroke.

It was gathered that an air ambulance has been secured by the government of Anambra State to evacuate the National Leader of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA).

Governor Peter Obi "has been doing everything that needs to be done to ensure that the Ikemba’s health is restored," said a source last night.

Dr. Anthony Mbah, the Chief Medical Director (CMO) of the UNTH said Ojukwu was "brought to the Accident and Emergency Ward of this hospital in an unconscious state last Sunday".

"The blood pressure was quite low and he was not making enough urine."

Sources said last night that Ojukwu’s condition "is critical but stable enough to travel on an air ambulance".

Igbo leaders have been visiting the ailing ex-warlord. Obi was there yesterday. He was accompanied by government officials and the National Chairman of APGA, Chief Victor Umeh. Ohanaeze President Ambassador Ralph Uwechue, Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) Ralph Uwazuruike were also at the hospital.

Umeh said: "The Ojukwu I saw today (Tuesday) should be on his feet in another one week. It is not something to panic about. There is no cause for alarm."

Ojukwu’s health was not improving, despite the initial stability and response to treatment, according to a doctor who pleaded not to be named.

The doctor said Obi provided the funds when the hospital management told him that lack of funds could delay Ojukwu’s transfer abroad for further treatment. 

One of Ojukwu’s aides said last night: "Barring any last-minute setback, my oga should be flown out tomorrow (today)."

He said: "Three weeks ago, while trying to feed him (Ojukwu), he told me there were signs that his end was near and he would wish his end to come on January 12, 2011 to coincide with the 41

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/22589.html
Re: Ojukwu To Be Flown To Britain Today by aljharem11(m): 3:06am On Dec 23, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

[b]Ojukwu to be flown to Britain toda[/b]y

Chris Oji, Enugu 23/12/2010 00:00:00

Ex-Biafran warlord Chief Emeka Odume-gwu Ojukwu is to be flown to Britain today, in a frantic effort to save his life.

Ojukwu, 77, has been on life support machine at the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH), Enugu, since Sunday after suffering a stroke.

It was gathered that an air ambulance has been secured by the government of Anambra State to evacuate the National Leader of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA).

Governor Peter Obi "has been doing everything that needs to be done to ensure that the Ikemba’s health is restored," said a source last night.

Dr. Anthony Mbah, the Chief Medical Director (CMO) of the UNTH said Ojukwu was "brought to the Accident and Emergency Ward of this hospital in an unconscious state last Sunday".

"The blood pressure was quite low and he was not making enough urine."

Sources said last night that Ojukwu’s condition "is critical but stable enough to travel on an air ambulance".

Igbo leaders have been visiting the ailing ex-warlord. Obi was there yesterday. He was accompanied by government officials and the National Chairman of APGA, Chief Victor Umeh. Ohanaeze President Ambassador Ralph Uwechue, Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) Ralph Uwazuruike were also at the hospital.

Umeh said: "The Ojukwu I saw today (Tuesday) should be on his feet in another one week. It is not something to panic about. There is no cause for alarm."

Ojukwu’s health was not improving, despite the initial stability and response to treatment, according to a doctor who pleaded not to be named.

The doctor said Obi provided the funds when the hospital management told him that lack of funds could delay Ojukwu’s transfer abroad for further treatment. 

One of Ojukwu’s aides said last night: "Barring any last-minute setback, my oga should be flown out tomorrow (today)."

He said: "Three weeks ago, while trying to feed him (Ojukwu), he told me there were signs that his end was near and he would wish his end to come on January 12, 2011 to coincide with the 41

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/22589.html
cry cry cry cry cry

do not worry ojukwu the end is still far ahead cry cry

ikemba gburu gburu be a strong man
Re: Ojukwu To Be Flown To Britain Today by mystikal(m): 4:02am On Dec 23, 2010
A part of me, finds this mumu man charming. Hope he finds peace anyway in whatever form
Re: Ojukwu To Be Flown To Britain Today by aljharem11(m): 4:08am On Dec 23, 2010
mystikal:

A part of me, finds this mumu man charming. Hope he finds peace anyway in whatever form
shocked shocked shocked shocked

i think we should just hope for the best
Re: Ojukwu To Be Flown To Britain Today by oyinda3(f): 5:27am On Dec 23, 2010
how old is he?
I'm not wishing him death but from these topics about him, I feel that a lot of igbos are still keeping the old biafra dream alive for some reason. I hope they don't spread this virus to their children as the old generation dies out. we want a peacefully united Nigeria.

if he dies, may his soul RIP. I really mean it when I say may his soul rest in peace. along with biafra that is.
Re: Ojukwu To Be Flown To Britain Today by mensdept: 5:57am On Dec 23, 2010
Ojukwu has done what he felt was right- whether for his own interest or those of the East. He is old now and we can't expect him to be around much longer
Re: Ojukwu To Be Flown To Britain Today by Metalgoong(m): 6:05am On Dec 23, 2010
Ikemba you still have many years to live. . .
Re: Ojukwu To Be Flown To Britain Today by mukina2: 12:59pm On Dec 23, 2010
This thread has been cleaned.
If anyone starts anything offtopic they will be banned.
Re: Ojukwu To Be Flown To Britain Today by justise: 1:06pm On Dec 23, 2010
Metalgoong:

Ikemba you still have many years to live. . .

Look under my screen name!
oyinda.:

how old is he?
I'm not wishing him death but from these topics about him, I feel that a lot of igbos are still keeping the old biafra dream alive for some reason. I hope they don't spread this virus to their children as the old generation dies out. we want a peacefully united Nigeria.

if he dies, may his soul RIP. I really mean it when I say may his soul rest in peace. along with biafra that i[/b]s.

True that!
May God's wish be done:[b]For the wages of sin is death,
but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Re: Ojukwu To Be Flown To Britain Today by SEFAGO(m): 1:19pm On Dec 23, 2010
Lets try it again: So does that mean that every black person, everywhere in the world, belongs to the same race?

I have to say your question is quite daft. When someone says black people in general it means people with origins from sub-saharan africa. So yes, in that context black is a race. This is not in reference to the skin color but the racial classification itself as I have directed you to a webpage for your edification

I think West Africans are probably a different "race" than certain East African groups like Somali, Ethiopians, Eritreans, right? Despite both being called "black"? Fulani also look different from most West Africans.
I'm not a geneticist and haven't read tons on the subject, but I imagine that these phenotypical differences also show up in the DNA somehow.

The differences in features between the Fulani and other West Africans does not constitute a race. As, I have pointed earlier, one must be careful when assigning the word race to anything. I have very distinct features from my siblings. That does not mean we are an entirely different race are we? I have different hair texture, lip shape, nose shape e.t.c. I speak english quite differently. I have my own behavior which could theoretically be argued as my own culture but that does not make me a "race."

This, I disagree with. It isn't as if the Yoruba-speaking peoples of the the 19th century and earlier viewed themselves all as one people. Yet they all acknowledged descent from this Oduduwa guy (probably figurative "father" than literal father. Unless Oduduwa had Wilt Chamberlain-esque sexual success Grin ) , and claim to come from Ife.
Oduduwa probably existed. Probably some sort of warlord or something from Sudan or whatever who moved into the land and conquered/merged with the existing people. Exact date and time? Hard to say. But seems implausible that so many distinct groups would all agree on certain details without an element of truth being there.

Same can be said for every religion in existence. A large number of people agreeing does not indicate the veracity of a fairy tale.

Moreover, why is this story a common theme in nearly every culture in the world? the progenitor/first man story is an old and overused tale.

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Voters Are Wiser Than Igbo Voters / Nigeria’s Total Debt Now $40bn / GEJ Distorted Facts, N Is Slow To Sign Bills That'll Change Nigeria - David Mark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.