Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,623 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Scientists Clone Half Bear-half Man-half Pig! - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Scientists Clone Half Bear-half Man-half Pig! (21077 Views)

Teddy Bear Day 2016 Hd Images, 3d Pics, Photos For Gf Bf Friends / END Time!! See Photos Of A Pig Trying To Have Séx With A Goat In Enugu / Half Tonne Woman Shows Her New Body After Shedding 230kg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scientists Clone Half Bear-half Man-half Pig! by Decryptor(m): 4:20am On Dec 23, 2010
Scientists at Linden Labs in San Francisco, California have successfully created a human-bear-pig chimera. Somatic cells from human and bear tissue were first transfected with a bacterial chromosome containing the Nanog gene and a GFP-IRES-puromycin resistance gene cassette. After a puromyocin screen was performed, the remaining cells were treated with a retroviral induction of Oct3/4, Sox2, Klf4, and c-myc, thus creating induced pluripotent stem cells (iPS). Induced pluripotent stem cells were used because of the ethical concern surrounding embryonic stem cells. The cells were then injected into pig blastocysts and introduced into the uteri of pseudo-pregnant pigs. The discovery was published today in the advance online edition of Nature Gold.“This is quite an accomplishment for which I have great confidence will lead to continued advances in human-animal chimera production,” says Dr. Eli Vance, chief science officer of Linden Labs. “We soon hope to commercialize this technology and realize our continued vision by which any human may realize a physical chimera lifestyle.”

Source: http://www.thepadrino.com/2009/12/scientists-clone-pig-and-human-chimera.html

Re: Scientists Clone Half Bear-half Man-half Pig! by pharuk: 12:00pm On Dec 23, 2010
Disgusting,
I have seen this picture many times and find it very hard to believe its real
Re: Scientists Clone Half Bear-half Man-half Pig! by slap1(m): 12:02pm On Dec 23, 2010
Half-bear-half-man-half-pig = Mr. Cork!
Re: Scientists Clone Half Bear-half Man-half Pig! by UNLEASHED(m): 12:03pm On Dec 23, 2010
This was published in 2008 i think?
Re: Scientists Clone Half Bear-half Man-half Pig! by Ultrame(m): 12:05pm On Dec 23, 2010
@poster

first, thepadrino.com is a known Prank website

Second, the Dr. Eli Vance quoted in that article is a fictional character in the half-life game series.

I seriously hope you meant this post as a joke,  and if you do, its really disturbing!
Re: Scientists Clone Half Bear-half Man-half Pig! by Cogito(m): 12:09pm On Dec 23, 2010
Darn, here I was thinking it was this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGsVMIIdtgw
Re: Scientists Clone Half Bear-half Man-half Pig! by MrCork3: 12:10pm On Dec 23, 2010
I suspect those IBO scientist angry (no ofeinse)
Re: Scientists Clone Half Bear-half Man-half Pig! by AjanleKoko: 12:16pm On Dec 23, 2010
Linden Labs? They aren't genetics researchers, they created the game Second Life (Virtual Reality). I doubt very much this story is real.
Re: Scientists Clone Half Bear-half Man-half Pig! by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 23, 2010
lol reminds me of a very funny episode of South Park! i bet Al Gore would be really glad
Re: Scientists Clone Half Bear-half Man-half Pig! by lwise(m): 12:26pm On Dec 23, 2010
fake
Re: Scientists Clone Half Bear-half Man-half Pig! by Guyman02: 12:30pm On Dec 23, 2010
That Picture is a piece of art work. I have seen it many times before and its just a prank.  grin grin grin some people are already panicking thinking it is a reincarnation of their fore fathers.
I have just discovered a fossil in a cave in my backyard of a creature called indomienoodlestaurus which roamed the plains of Nigeria two hundred miilion years ago. Here is the picture of the discovered fossil bones on my dinning table

Re: Scientists Clone Half Bear-half Man-half Pig! by pkasso(m): 12:35pm On Dec 23, 2010
na lie jo!!!!!!!!!!!!!. ;d
Re: Scientists Clone Half Bear-half Man-half Pig! by babyme1(f): 12:43pm On Dec 23, 2010
Ive seen that pic b4,but i find it too disturbing.
Re: Scientists Clone Half Bear-half Man-half Pig! by Akanniade(m): 12:44pm On Dec 23, 2010
this labe orun show on MITV tried to pass this off as real sometimes last year. The guy added salt and pepper by saying a powerful hunter found the said creature and its children in a deep forest in benin republic.  grin grin grin
I think availability of internet should be made a fundamental human right in the UN charter.
Re: Scientists Clone Half Bear-half Man-half Pig! by gReenmAn(m): 12:49pm On Dec 23, 2010
Very old and over circulated story.

It's only a sculptural piece at an exhibition.
Will get more details about the sculptor and exhibition place.
Re: Scientists Clone Half Bear-half Man-half Pig! by mynaija123(m): 12:51pm On Dec 23, 2010
I hope this aint real, because na the end of the pure human race be dis ooo. Make e no start the kind war when adolf hitler fight again ooo. grin grin grin grin
Re: Scientists Clone Half Bear-half Man-half Pig! by Intrepid1(m): 1:04pm On Dec 23, 2010
I have just discovered a fossil in a cave in my backyard of a creature called indomienoodlestaurus which roamed the plains of Nigeria two hundred miilion years ago. Here is the picture of the discovered fossil bones on my dinning table

LOL! Nice one!
Re: Scientists Clone Half Bear-half Man-half Pig! by speak2me: 8:44pm On Dec 10, 2011
hahahaha

(1) (Reply)

Ghost Of Grandfather Appears At Granddaughter's Christening Ceremony (PHOTOS) / BBNaija’s Khafi & Temisan Emmanuel To Host This Year’s The Future Awards Africa / Aso Ebi: My Friend Has A Wedding Dilemma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.