Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,393 members, 7,846,639 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Balotelli: I’m Better Than Rooney, Fabregas - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Balotelli: I’m Better Than Rooney, Fabregas (1055 Views)

Adebayor Denies Evicting His Mother Over Juju: ‘i’m Not A Pastor, I Cannot..... / Balotelli And Mancini In Training Ground Fight / “i’m Better Than Messi “says Ronaldo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Balotelli: I’m Better Than Rooney, Fabregas by Kennyblues(m): 10:13am On Dec 23, 2010
Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli professed never to have heard of Jack Wilshere after beating the Arsenal midfielder to an Italian award for the most talented under-21 player in Europe.

Speaking to Tuttosport after being chosen for the 2010 Golden Boy award, Balotelli claimed not to know of runner-up Wilshere, while also taking a swipe at past winners of a prize handed out by the Italian newspaper."What's his name?

Wil , ? No, I don't know him, but the next time I play against Arsenal I will keep a close eye on him," Balotelli said.
"Perhaps I can show him the Golden Boy trophy and remind him that I won it."

Wilshere wrote on his Twitter page: "And would like to congratulate Mario [sic] Ballotelli on winning it, even if he dont no who i am! He is a top player!"

Arsenal skipper Cesc Fabregas responded to Wilshere and insisted the most important thing is that he’s getting regular first team football.

The midfielder wrote on Twitter: "Don‘t worry, we know who u r and that‘s what matters most. U play week in week out and that‘s the most important trust me!"

Previous winners of the trophy include Arsenal's Cesc Fabregas and Manchester United's Wayne Rooney, but Balotelli believes only one has ever been superior to him.

"There's only one that is a little stronger than me: Messi. All the others are behind me," he commented.

Balotelli also took the opportunity to express his continued desire to return to Italy one day and play for AC Milan, linking up with Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

"I will tell Ibrahimovic to carry on calling me so one day his desire comes true and I will be able to wear the Milan shirt," he noted.

However, before leaving England, Balotelli aims to fire City to Premier League glory.

"[I want to win] two things, the Premier League and Europa League - a trophy I have not won yet and I think we are the favourites."

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/football-golf-boxing/22595.html
Re: Balotelli: I’m Better Than Rooney, Fabregas by jamebex(m): 10:04am On Dec 24, 2010
This Guy is proud & very lousy
Re: Balotelli: I’m Better Than Rooney, Fabregas by Sagamite(m): 10:28pm On Dec 28, 2010
Although I like confident guys that are arrogant with guile, but such positive disposition is only given when they have the competence to back up their arrogance.

Balotelli has not done ANYTHING to come close to justifying this claim. He is a dreamer!
Re: Balotelli: I’m Better Than Rooney, Fabregas by abrahym(m): 1:43pm On Jan 02, 2011
Na em get his mouth
Re: Balotelli: I’m Better Than Rooney, Fabregas by Spclst900: 2:56pm On Jan 02, 2011
Long hiss.
Re: Balotelli: I’m Better Than Rooney, Fabregas by sweetguy10(m): 4:38pm On Jan 02, 2011
Won't you rather love this guy's courage and confidence ? tongue tongue tongue
Re: Balotelli: I’m Better Than Rooney, Fabregas by misterh(m): 4:47pm On Jan 02, 2011
In terms of accomplishments, he is not Rooney's mate. In terms of experience, wealth, popularity(even within Manchester and England), he is still a small boy. Is he saying that he is better than Ronaldo, Iniesta, Xavi, Villa, Drogba, Torres et al after claiming that only Messi is better than him.

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea News : Brazil's Oscar Signs For Chelsea / Picture Shows Rooney Will Leave Man Utd. (amazing Photo) / Ucl Round Of 16 Potencial Draws

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.