Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,125 members, 7,835,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

See Resort Serving As Coronavirus Quarantine Site In South Africa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See Resort Serving As Coronavirus Quarantine Site In South Africa (1906 Views)

Photos From Herbert Wigwe's Crash Site In The US / I Finally Stepped Out Of The House After Two More Months Of Quarantine (photos) / Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Resort Serving As Coronavirus Quarantine Site In South Africa by TMKsouth: 6:19am On Mar 14, 2020

We're in full lockdown as coronavirus quarantine facility, confirms Ranch Resort

The Ranch Resort in Limpopo said on Friday that it was prepared to commence its operation as a Covid-19 quarantine facility under the direction of the National Department of Health.

It will be serving as the quarantine facility for more than 100 South African citizens who are being repatriated from China due to Covid-19.

"The hotel is in full lockdown for a period of at least 21 days and our fellow South African citizens will be arriving from China tomorrow, 14 March 2020,” Shearer continued.

The hotel was approached by the government to serve as a quarantine facility for the country. The hotel is now operating under the full direction and guidance of the military.

On Friday, Health Minister Zweli Mkhize warned members of the public and the media to stay away from the hotel. Government has also assured the public that the hotel will be under strict military guard during the quarantine period.

“Covid-19 has now been declared a pandemic. We feel that in times of need, as is the case now in South Africa, it is our responsibility to assist the authorities and serve our country when called upon to do so. We are committed to supporting our community, guests and associates through this period,” said Shearer.

[b]Modified: [/b]South Africa has 38 confirmed coronavirus cases.

https://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/limpopo/were-in-full-lockdown-as-coronavirus-quarantine-facility-confirms-ranch-resort-44805911

1 Like

Re: See Resort Serving As Coronavirus Quarantine Site In South Africa by Freestainworld(m): 6:22am On Mar 14, 2020
beautiful, some people will be praying for the virus by now

2 Likes

Re: See Resort Serving As Coronavirus Quarantine Site In South Africa by chatinent: 6:27am On Mar 14, 2020
Such serene environment.

1 Like

Re: See Resort Serving As Coronavirus Quarantine Site In South Africa by TMKsouth: 9:40am On Mar 14, 2020
This is why a Limpopo resort was chosen as the quarantine site for SA's Wuhan evacuees

Three locations in three provinces were shortlisted as potential quarantine venues for the South Africans being repatriated from Wuhan, China, where the Covid-19 outbreak began in December 2019.

'Remote'

But Protea Hotel's The Ranch Resort in Polokwane was the ultimate pick, Health Minister Zweli Mkhize announced on Thursday night, because of it being fairly remote and being close to an airport.

The group is due to land this weekend following a $1.6 million rescue mission.

Mkhize said various factors were taken into consideration before a venue was chosen by the South African National Defence Force (SANDF), which was tasked with steering the repatriation and quarantine mission.

'Comfort'

Among the factors looked at before a venue was chosen, was the fact that the evacuees were not sick and would therefore did not need to be kept in a hospital or health facility. The venue also needed to be comfortable so they could relax while under observation.

'Secure'

Mkhize said SANDF generals were given guidelines. This included that the quarantine area should be far from communities so that no one not permitted to be in the area could wander around.

'Space'

Also taken into consideration was that the venue had to have individual rooms as well as accommodation for families.

'Accessible'

Another criteria in the search for a venue was that it should be near an airport to avoid long hours of travel to the venue.

Re: See Resort Serving As Coronavirus Quarantine Site In South Africa by TMKsouth: 4:31pm On Mar 14, 2020
FINALLY HOME

Re: See Resort Serving As Coronavirus Quarantine Site In South Africa by Hadampson(m): 4:37pm On Mar 14, 2020
This is beautiful.. For a second, i wish i was a South African suffering from covid-19 grin

1 Like

Re: See Resort Serving As Coronavirus Quarantine Site In South Africa by davodyguy: 4:41pm On Mar 14, 2020
Hadampson:
This is beautiful.. For a second, i wish i was a South African suffering from covid-19 grin

Be careful of what you wish for, it might just be granted

2 Likes

Re: See Resort Serving As Coronavirus Quarantine Site In South Africa by Hadampson(m): 4:44pm On Mar 14, 2020
davodyguy:

Be careful of what you wish for, it might just be granted

Bro, i don't believe "wishing for something" come to pass because i have wished for many things and nothing happen.

4 Likes

Re: See Resort Serving As Coronavirus Quarantine Site In South Africa by davodyguy: 5:03pm On Mar 14, 2020
Hadampson:

Bro, i don't believe "wishing for something" come to pass because i have wished for many things and nothing happen.

This might be an exception

1 Like

Re: See Resort Serving As Coronavirus Quarantine Site In South Africa by TMKsouth: 5:09pm On Mar 14, 2020

Re: See Resort Serving As Coronavirus Quarantine Site In South Africa by TMKsouth: 5:11pm On Mar 14, 2020
More

Re: See Resort Serving As Coronavirus Quarantine Site In South Africa by Righteousness89(m): 5:23pm On Mar 14, 2020
So South Africa get Level pass Nigeria now..

Anyway if Covid-19 is to Escalate in any Africa nation, I Expect it will be South Africa...

They have Many Nonsense and UnAfrican things going on there..
Re: See Resort Serving As Coronavirus Quarantine Site In South Africa by Hadampson(m): 5:27pm On Mar 14, 2020
davodyguy:

This might be an exception

I doubt it grin
Re: See Resort Serving As Coronavirus Quarantine Site In South Africa by TMKsouth: 8:30pm On Mar 14, 2020
Hadampson:

Dude, tell me bout it grin. And these ones don't even have the virus or showing any symptoms. This is just a precautionary measure.
Re: See Resort Serving As Coronavirus Quarantine Site In South Africa by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 14, 2020
Righteousness89:
So South Africa get Level pass Nigeria now..

Anyway if Covid-19 is to Escalate in any Africa nation, I Expect it will be South Africa...

They have Many Nonsense and UnAfrican things going on there..
when did nigeria ever have levels pass SA They aint our mate
Re: See Resort Serving As Coronavirus Quarantine Site In South Africa by samuel19222(m): 9:49pm On Mar 14, 2020
lovely
Re: See Resort Serving As Coronavirus Quarantine Site In South Africa by imran90(m): 5:45am On Mar 18, 2020
Hadampson:

hmmm are you serious? please respond to my message sir.
Re: See Resort Serving As Coronavirus Quarantine Site In South Africa by odinga1of: 11:13am On Mar 18, 2020
South Africa looking like Los Angeles.

Abeg joor, SA get level pass my Naija

1 Like

Re: See Resort Serving As Coronavirus Quarantine Site In South Africa by WannaHowzit(m): 4:37pm On Mar 20, 2020
Oh Yeah!

(1) (Reply)

Usa Tourist Visa Issues Arise / Pls Can Body Help To Tell Me If I Can Get A Direct Flight From Lagos To Grenada / Advise On Country I Can Relocate To With 1.5 Million Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.