Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,189 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Professor Mahmood Yakubu Should Answer These Questions Quickly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Professor Mahmood Yakubu Should Answer These Questions Quickly (1553 Views)

Mahmoud Yakubu Should Have Resigned Over Conduct Of 2023 Election - Adibe / Mahmood Yakubu Should Face Prosecution, PDP Tells Police, DSS / 2019 Elections: Why INEC Boss, Mahmood Yakubu Should Be Prosecuted - HURIWA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Professor Mahmood Yakubu Should Answer These Questions Quickly by BluntNigerian: 10:23am On Mar 14, 2020
MY DEAR FELLOW NIGERIANS,
The Nigerian leaders are taking all of us for a dirty ride, and it is high time we start taking these Nigerian Bulls by their “dirty” horns.
They are taking us for granted on many fronts, and it is time we start challenging them whenever and however we can.
Today, I want to challenge the National INEC Chairman and his INEC Commission Openly. I am writing the INEC Chairman a sweet love letter from the deepest part of my heart.
Here It Goes:
Dear Professor Mahmood Yakubu.
I will be very plain and straight-to-the-poin­­t in this letter.
The General elections of 2019 had come and gone. The governorship elections of Kogi and Bayelsa States had also come and gone. We are now waiting for the governorship elections of Edo and Ondo States to also come and go too.
But in all these elections; both past, present, and future, something is seriously wrong with all of them.
Something very important is seriously missing in all of them.
Professor Mahmood, I want you to tell me why it is so difficult for INEC to publish the results of elections on their official website (for instance, the results of the governorship elections of Kogi and Bayelsa, and all other recent bye-elections are yet to be published on the website). And then, in the results that are published, INEC failed to include the very necessary information about the elections inside the published results.
I want to know why INEC refused to include the “Number of Registered Voters”, the “Number of Accredited Voters”, “Total Votes Cast”, “Total Valid Votes”, and “Total Voided Votes” in all the election results which you uploaded on the official INEC website, except for only the presidential election result which has all the necessary information complete in it.
Why exactly did INEC omit all these same important information in all the other election results?
Many Nigerians (Including Myself) and many Civil Society Organisations had been sending series of Freedom of Information Request Letters to your office and to the official email address of INEC; yet the necessary information are yet to be added to the published results up till this very moment.
If INEC had the strength and the time to publish the names of the parties and the numbers of individual votes gotten by the parties in the various elections, and to also indicate which party won the election, what exactly is so difficult for them to make the results complete by adding the total registered voters, accredited voters, total votes cast, total valid votes, and total voided votes?
To make myself clearer with typical examples, I had included links to some of the election results that were published on the INEC's website.
The first link below is the link to the Presidential Election Result, which is very complete and very commendable. This format of presentation of election results was what I was expecting in all the results that were published on the INEC website.
https://www.inecnigeria.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/2019-GE-PRESIDENTIAL-ELECTION-RESULTS.pdf
Now, comparing with the results in these three links below, which are the three senatorial results for Anambra State, the only thing someone who clicked on the results can get is the name and locality of the elections, the dates, the parties that contested, the votes which the parties got, and the party that won.
The person would not see the number of registered voters for each senatorial zone, the number of accredited voters, the total votes cast, the total voided votes, and the total valid votes. And even in some other cases, whether the final results of the elections were decided with a supplementary election, and the dates of such supplementary elections.
1. https://www.inecnigeria.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/ANAMBRA-CENTRAL.pdf
2. https://www.inecnigeria.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/ANAMBRA-NORTH.pdf
3. https://www.inecnigeria.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/ANAMBRA-SOUTH.PDF
The same thing occured in All the published senatorial results, all the house of representatives results, all the governorships results, and all the house of assemblies results.
Not even One of them is complete.
And again, I do not know why there would be some differences in the number of accredited voters in the same geographical area for elections that took place at the same time. Take for instance in Anambra State, (I don’t know for any other state, but I know for Anambra), There were no postponements in the three senatorial elections and the presidential election. That means, the total number of the accredited voters for the three senatorial elections should be the same for the presidential election, since none of the senatorial elections were postponed and concluded on another date. Professor Mahmood, if I am not correct with the above statement, you let me know, and give me reasons why there should be any difference.
Without wasting time, let me roll out the values of the numbers of accredited voters in the three senatorial zones.
For Anambra North, it was 210,819.
For Anambra South, it was 224,569.
For Anambra Central, it was 223,877.
The total of the three is 659,265.
Professor Mahmood, these values are very genuine, because they were announced by your officials in front of the whole world.
But even at that, if you think that these figures are fabricated, then you have to upload your own values on the INEC website let us compare and contrast.
The number of accredited voters for the presidential election in Anambra State was 675,273; and if you check the difference, it was a whopping 16,008 additional accredited voters for the Presidential Election. This is more than the number of the accredited voters in the whole of Awka which is the capital city of Anambra State.
Professor Mahmood Yakubu, I am considering this open letter as a Freedom of Information Request addressed to you publicly as the National INEC Chairman. And since you do not want to reply to numerous FOI requests sent to you in private, then you have to reply to this letter publicly. And to that effect, you have to issue a press statement to address these three issues listed hereunder:
First, you must explain why all the necessary information needed to make the election results complete were obviously missing in all the results which INEC published online on their website., even though it is the statutory duty of INEC to release the results of elections and make them public (according to the Nigerian Constitution as amended, and the Electoral Act as amended.)
Secondly, you must explain why there was a difference of 16,008 accredited voters between the senatorial election and the presidential election in Anambra State, whereas the accreditation was not done differently, and being that cancelled polling units were cancelled altogether for all elections held in that cancelled polling unit.
Thirdly, you must tell us the date by which INEC must have uploaded the complete results with all the necessary information on the INEC Website.
I want you to bear in mind, as is the case with Freedom of Information requests, that I am expecting your reaction and reply to this open letter on or before seven days from the day this letter is published. Even if you did not get to see this letter immediately it is published, members of your staff would see it, and they are duty-bound to get it to your notice.
I also want you to bear in mind that lots of Nigerians are going to see this open letter as well, and we will all get enlightened together, and we will all bombard you with lots of more FOI request letters until you do the needful.
We have waited for too long for you to give us the full results.
It is time we come for them by ourselves.
And please, do Not reply with the usual deceitful mantra that: “All the necessary information are there on the INEC Website”. There is no useful information on the INEC Website. If they were there, I wouldn't have written this letter.
Remember also, that by the provisions of the Nigerian Constitution and the Electoral Act, it is the statutory duty of INEC to publish the results of each of the elections down to the ward-level results and polling-unit-level results. That one though, is not what I am requesting for at the moment, but I just want you to bear that in mind also. I may come for it later.
Have a nice day sir.
Re: Professor Mahmood Yakubu Should Answer These Questions Quickly by Davash222(m): 10:34am On Mar 14, 2020
I hate when someone say ‘Fellow Nigerians’.
You and who be fellow Nigerians You give me US citizenship I no gree take?

2 Likes

Re: Professor Mahmood Yakubu Should Answer These Questions Quickly by BluntNigerian: 11:18am On Mar 14, 2020
NaijaRoyalty, evilforest
Re: Professor Mahmood Yakubu Should Answer These Questions Quickly by BluntNigerian: 11:30am On Mar 14, 2020
Davash222:
I hate when someone say ‘Fellow Nigerians’.
You and who be fellow Nigerians You give me US citizenship I no gree take?
Oga, you are free to pluck the US citizenship documents from any Us-citizenship tree near you..
But in the meantime, keep enjoying the natural citizenship which was bestowed to you by nature.

3 Likes

Re: Professor Mahmood Yakubu Should Answer These Questions Quickly by priapus(m): 1:53pm On Mar 14, 2020
BluntNigerian:
Oga, you are free to pluck the US citizenship documents from any Us-citizenship tree near you..
But in the meantime, keep enjoying the natural citizenship which was bestowed to you by nature.

grin bros u dey vex oo
Re: Professor Mahmood Yakubu Should Answer These Questions Quickly by BluntNigerian: 12:28am On Mar 15, 2020
priapus:

grin bros u dey vex oo
No blame me abegg.
Na INEC and Prof. Mahmood, plus including all the nonsense and crazy mods wey dey for this Nairaland, na dem wey no want make I drink water and use my toothpick in peace.

1 Like

Re: Professor Mahmood Yakubu Should Answer These Questions Quickly by BluntNigerian: 12:31am On Mar 15, 2020
Lalasticlala, you na gentleman shaa..
Please come and push this one to front page.
Re: Professor Mahmood Yakubu Should Answer These Questions Quickly by XANDERBOY85: 1:26am On Mar 15, 2020
You'd have better luck receiving a reply from Santa Claus!
Re: Professor Mahmood Yakubu Should Answer These Questions Quickly by BluntNigerian: 2:01am On Mar 15, 2020
XANDERBOY85:
This is exactly why Nigeria will never get anything right...
The citizens themselves don't even have hope and faith that the system will ever work.
So, you mean that if Professor Mahmood got overwhelmed with lots of similar requests from all angles, he won't be forced to reply? At least, for posterity and history's sake?
Who did this to us?
Why do we always love to keep ourselves powerless by deliberately ignoring the powers we have by the provisions of the laws of our land?
He doesn't need any court injunction for him to reply.
It is a freedom of information request.
Imagine if this very topic gets discussed on Channels TV, AIT, TVC, and Silverbird TV, and on some major daily newspapers; would he still be waiting for his ancestors to wake up Mr Santa Claus before he issues a press statement on that? (Even if na fake statement)
Re: Professor Mahmood Yakubu Should Answer These Questions Quickly by Danzakidakura(m): 3:36am On Mar 15, 2020
I wonder who give that man prof,him and that mumuric man. INEC chairman over to you we are waiting reply this question. You are a disgrace to profs

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Professor Mahmood Yakubu Should Answer These Questions Quickly by tk4rd: 8:52pm On Mar 15, 2020
Danzakidakura:
I wonder who give that man prof,him and that mumuric man. INEC chairman over to you we are waiting reply this question. You are a disgrace to profs
Lalasticlala.. This is a front page something.
Snakes dey inside too.
Re: Professor Mahmood Yakubu Should Answer These Questions Quickly by Abdulnur(m): 9:19pm On Mar 15, 2020
BluntNigerian:
FELLOW NIGERIANS,
It is time we take the Nigerian Bulls by their “dirty” horns.
They are taking is for granted on many fronts, and it is time we start challenging them whenever and however we can.
Today, I am taking up the National INEC Chairman and his INEC. I may take up another person tomorrow. But for now, let me write the INEC Chairman a sweet love letter from the deepest part of my heart.
Dear Professor Mahmood Yakubu.
I will be very plain and straight-to-the-poin­­t in this letter.
The General elections of 2019 had come and gone. The governorship elections of Kogi and Bayelsa States had also come and gone. We are now waiting for the governorship elections of Edo and Ondo States to also come and go too.
But in all these elections, something is seriously wrong. Something is seriously missing.
Professor Mahmood, why is it so difficult for INEC to include the very necessary information about the elections inside the published results? Why did you refuse to include the number of registered voters, the number of accredited voters, total votes cast, total valid votes, and total voided votes in all the election results which you uploaded on the official INEC website, except for only the presidential election result which has all the necessary information complete in it? Why then did you omit it in all other election results?
Many Nigerians and many Civil Society Organisations had sent series of Freedom of Information Request Letters to your office and to the official email of INEC; yet the necessary information were not yet added to the published results yet. If INEC had the strength and the time to publish the names of the parties and the number of votes they got in the various elections, and to also indicate which party won the election, what exactly is so difficult for them to make the results complete by adding the total registered voters, accredited voters, total votes cast, total valid votes, and total voided votes?
And again, I do not know why there would be some differences in the number of accredited voters in the same area for elections that took place at the same time. Take for instance in Anambra State, (I don’t know for any other state, but I know for Anambra), There were no postponements in the three senatorial elections and the presidential election. That means, the total number of the accredited voters for the three senatorial elections should be the same for the presidential election, since none of the senatorial elections were postponed and concluded on another date. Professor Mahmood, if I am not correct here, you let me know, and give me reasons why there should be any difference.
Without wasting time, let me roll out the values of the numbers of accredited voters in the three zones. For Anambra North, it was 210,819. For Anambra South, it was 224,569. For Anambra Central, it was 223,877. Total of the three is 659,265. Professor Mahmood, these values are very genuine, because they were announced by your officials. But if you think that these figures are fabricated, then you have to go back to the INEC Website and upload your own values let us compare and contrast.
The number of accredited voters for the presidential election in Anambra State was 675,273; and if you check the difference, it was a whopping 16,008 additional accredited voters. This is more than the number of the accredited voters in the whole of Awka which is the capital city.
I am considering this open letter as a Freedom of Information Request addressed to the National INEC Chairman publicly. Since you do not want to reply to numerous FOI requests sent to you in private, then you have to reply to this letter publicly.
Professor Mahmood Yakubu, you have to issue a press statement to address these three issues.
First, you must explain why all the necessary information needed to make the election results complete were obviously missing in all the results which INEC published online on their website.
Secondly, you must explain why there was a difference of 16,008 accredited voters between the senatorial election and the presidential election in Anambra State where the accreditation was not done differently, and being that cancelled polling units were cancelled altogether for all elections held in that polling unit.
Thirdly, you must tell us the date by which INEC must have uploaded the complete results with all the necessary information.
As is the case with Freedom of Information requests, I am expecting your reaction and reply to this letter on or before seven days from the day this letter is published.
Even if you didn’t see this letter immediately it is published, some members of your staff will see it, and they will get it to your notice. Lots of Nigerians are going to see this letter as well, and we will all get enlightened together, and we will come together and bombard you with lots of more FOI request letters.
We have waited for too long for you to give us the full results.
It is time we come for them by ourselves.
Have a nice day.

Professor is on Nairaland?
Re: Professor Mahmood Yakubu Should Answer These Questions Quickly by tk4rd: 9:27pm On Mar 15, 2020
Abdulnur:

Capital YES.
Both him and his kids.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Professor Mahmood Yakubu Should Answer These Questions Quickly by Abdulnur(m): 11:41pm On Mar 15, 2020
tk4rd:
Capital YES.
Both him and his kids.

Ok then
I hope he reads and answers your 8534789 words questionnaire.
Re: Professor Mahmood Yakubu Should Answer These Questions Quickly by tk4rd: 6:36am On Mar 16, 2020
Abdulnur:

Ok then
Like, are you ok?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Professor Mahmood Yakubu Should Answer These Questions Quickly by helinues: 6:36am On Mar 16, 2020
Why should he?
Re: Professor Mahmood Yakubu Should Answer These Questions Quickly by Abdulnur(m): 7:53am On Mar 16, 2020
tk4rd:
Like, are you ok?

I am.
Are you?
Re: Professor Mahmood Yakubu Should Answer These Questions Quickly by BluntNigerian: 10:47am On Mar 16, 2020
Abdulnur:

Are you asking me? Or Seun? Or who exactly?
Mista man, check your brain.
Something is really definitely wrong with you
Re: Professor Mahmood Yakubu Should Answer These Questions Quickly by BluntNigerian: 10:49am On Mar 16, 2020
Abdulnur:

Ok then
You are really crazy and lazy at the same time.
This short letter is now like a big book to your lazy crazy brain?
Re: Professor Mahmood Yakubu Should Answer These Questions Quickly by BluntNigerian: 10:57am On Mar 16, 2020
helinues:
Why should he?
So tell me..
Why shouldn't he??
He conducted an election, he didn't publish the full results for everyone to see and analyse.
The worst is that some Anyhow Nigerians and Anything-goes Nigerians like you accepted all the poo and shít they called Election Results without any questions.
And now, some Inquisitive Nigerians are now asking questions, just for them to get their inquisitive minds to rest, and the same Anyhow and Anything-goes Nigerians are trying all their best to force the Inquisitive Nigerians to be like them..
Shame on you Mista man.
It can never be possible.
Leave us alone to continue asking our questions.
He better come out and answer the questions so that some Nigerians with inquisitive minds can put their minds to rest.
There are more elections coming up in future.
So, must they keep feeding us with their poo and shít every time there is an election in this country?
Re: Professor Mahmood Yakubu Should Answer These Questions Quickly by BluntNigerian: 10:58am On Mar 16, 2020
Abdulnur:

I am.
Are you?
Oga, see..
You are not Okay.
You are crazy and lazy and deluded.
All at once.
Ask your neighbours.
They would tell you the same thing.
Re: Professor Mahmood Yakubu Should Answer These Questions Quickly by BluntNigerian: 11:00am On Mar 16, 2020
tk4rd:
Capital YES.
Both him and his kids.
How are you so sure??
If this thread gets to front page, visitors and guests would easily see it.
And Prof himself or any of his close associates might be one of the guests/visitors.
Re: Professor Mahmood Yakubu Should Answer These Questions Quickly by BluntNigerian: 5:05am On Mar 17, 2020
Danzakidakura:
He just made a mess of what professorship stands for.
Re: Professor Mahmood Yakubu Should Answer These Questions Quickly by BluntNigerian: 3:21pm On Mar 17, 2020
Lalasticlala, take the thread to front page..
Thanks.
Re: Professor Mahmood Yakubu Should Answer These Questions Quickly by BluntNigerian: 3:32am On Mar 19, 2020
XANDERBOY85:
Wooww..
Guess what??
INEC just replied two of the FOI Request emails I sent to them since last year.
They did not provide me with all the full information I needed though, but at least, the little pressure on them is already yielding fruits..

1 Like

Re: Professor Mahmood Yakubu Should Answer These Questions Quickly by BluntNigerian: 3:33am On Mar 19, 2020
BluntNigerian:
Wooww..
Guess what??
INEC Nigeria just replied two of the FOI Request emails I sent to them since last year.
They did not provide me with all the full information I needed though, but at least, the little pressure on them is already yielding fruits..
Lalasticlala, your help is needed here please.
Re: Professor Mahmood Yakubu Should Answer These Questions Quickly by BluntNigerian: 3:39am On Mar 19, 2020
But then, how can INEC be claiming that all the information about their results are on their website?
An election result that does not have any information about the number of accredited voters, and total number of votes, and so on, is that one a result?
If anyone here thinks that the results on the INEC website are complete, let the person tell us the number of accredited voters for these three results below.

3. https://www.inecnigeria.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/ANAMBRA-SOUTH.pdf
Re: Professor Mahmood Yakubu Should Answer These Questions Quickly by BluntNigerian: 3:45am On Mar 19, 2020
BluntNigerian:
But then, how can INEC be claiming that all the information about their results are on their website?
An election result that does not have any information about the number of accredited voters, and total number of votes, and so on, is that one a result?
If anyone here thinks that the results on the INEC website are complete, let the person tell us the number of accredited voters for these three results below.

3. https://www.inecnigeria.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/ANAMBRA-SOUTH.pdf
After seeing these incomplete results above, you now take a good look at this result below and see what the results are supposed to be like..

https://www.inecnigeria.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/2019-GE-PRESIDENTIAL-ELECTION-RESULTS.pdf

This will show you that INEC knows the correct thing to be done, but they are not doing it.
Re: Professor Mahmood Yakubu Should Answer These Questions Quickly by Bluntsisi: 2:56pm On Apr 20, 2020
Woow..
This topic is a big eye-opener.

(1) (2) (Reply)

IPOB Brings Food And Relief Materials To Edo Residents Affected By Lockdown / Top 10 Most Evil Dictators Of All Time In Order Of Kill Count / Onitsha Port Is Also Functional.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.