Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Exclusive Pictures From The Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Yesterday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exclusive Pictures From The Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Yesterday (2201 Views)

Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday / Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) / Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exclusive Pictures From The Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Yesterday by aigjoey(m): 5:43am On Mar 16, 2020
No doubt, lives were lost,properties destroyed. Where do we go from here?. Will this be the last pipeline explosion to be witnessed in the country ?
Pray for Nigeria

Re: Exclusive Pictures From The Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Yesterday by aigjoey(m): 5:45am On Mar 16, 2020
aigjoey:
No doubt, lives were lost,properties destroyed. Where do we go from here?. Will this be the last pipeline explosion to be witnessed in the country ?
Pray for Nigeria

Re: Exclusive Pictures From The Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Yesterday by aigjoey(m): 5:47am On Mar 16, 2020
[quote author=aigjoey post=87478705][/quote]

Re: Exclusive Pictures From The Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Yesterday by Switruth: 5:48am On Mar 16, 2020
Where in the world have you seen buildings close to heavy pipelines. We just behave as if we have life in our hands. Tell me where? Even if the government tells people to vacate they’ll see it as an oppression. Just in the case of building a telecom mast around residential homes. That thing emits radiation but people won’t adhere. What about people that builds houses under the high tension electric cables. Na wao for us.
Re: Exclusive Pictures From The Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Yesterday by aigjoey(m): 5:53am On Mar 16, 2020
[quote author=aigjoey post=87478728][/quote]

Re: Exclusive Pictures From The Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Yesterday by Simplyleo: 6:06am On Mar 16, 2020
Switruth:
Where in the world have you seen buildings close to heavy pipelines. We just behave as if we have life in our hands. Tell me where? Even if the government tells people to vacate they’ll see it as an oppression. Just in the case of building a telecom mast around residential homes. That thing emits radiation but people won’t adhere. What about people that builds houses under the high tension electric cables. Na wao for us.
So whose fault?

The govt or the residents?

How many of the residents even have an idea of the consequences of settling around the area? I understand even a secondary school is there, so what are we saying?

Rules are not just made, they are also enforced. In enforcement of rules, the govt need not give a damn about individuals as long as they are violators. They can make all the noise, but the rule must be enforced.

If there are no strict enforcement of the rule stopping people from building houses under high tension power transmission cables, you think there wouldn't have been settlements and markets directly under those cables?

Did the govt make any effort to stop people from residing in the vicinity of the gas pipeline?

Were those lands sold without the approval of town planners?

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Pictures From The Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Yesterday by Lawgod247: 6:11am On Mar 16, 2020
ok
Re: Exclusive Pictures From The Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Yesterday by SangoOlukosOba: 6:28am On Mar 16, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:

So whose fault?

How many of the residents even have an idea of the consequences of settling around the area? I understand even a secondary school is there, so what are we saying?

Rules are not just made, they are also enforced. In enforcement of rules, the govt need not give a damn about individuals as long as they are violators. They can make all the noise, but the rule must be enforced.

If there are no strict enforcement of the rule stopping people from building houses under high tension power transmission cables, you think there wouldn't have been settlements and markets directly under those cables?

Did the govt make any effort to stop people from residing in the vicinity of the gas pipeline?

[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Exclusive Pictures From The Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Yesterday by illicit(m): 6:29am On Mar 16, 2020
Lagos State is overpopulated, thereby overcrowded with buildings and shanties....
there should be a systemic way to depopulate Lagos
Re: Exclusive Pictures From The Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Yesterday by Makavelli25: 6:55am On Mar 16, 2020
Shit Just a if us and japan army fought on those grounds
Re: Exclusive Pictures From The Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Yesterday by AsomughaChuks05: 6:59am On Mar 16, 2020
Why don't we start using the military to guard the vast networks of pipelines instead of keeping them idle in the barracks or using them to mount roadblocks and be intimidating road users?
Re: Exclusive Pictures From The Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Yesterday by Gadafii: 7:33am On Mar 16, 2020
When I saw those pictures yesterday,the first thing that came tommy mind was the battle-ridden city of Aleppo in syria,like it was bombed multiple times by fighter aircraft

Bros those soldiers become accomplice in oil bunkering, they demand for certain percentage from those vandals just to look away

Nigeria is in a state of mess, God airpus
AsomughaChuks05:
Why don't we start using the military to guard the vast networks of pipelines instead of keeping them idle in the barracks or using them to mount roadblocks and be intimidating road users?
Re: Exclusive Pictures From The Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Yesterday by Asquare84(m): 8:31am On Mar 16, 2020
forget that gas explosion, this bomb blast explosion orchestrated by boko haram
Re: Exclusive Pictures From The Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Yesterday by Switruth: 9:04am On Mar 16, 2020
Simplyleo:

So whose fault?

. We are saying the same thing boss. And there are many more sitting and living on top of these bombs. Something should be done to identify these places and make amends of relocation to avoid this kind of disaster. My sympathy goes to all that’s affected.
Re: Exclusive Pictures From The Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Yesterday by obailala(m): 9:08am On Mar 16, 2020
Switruth:
. We are saying the same thing boss. And there are many more sitting and living on top of these bombs. Something should be done to identify these places and make amends of relocation to avoid this kind of disaster. My sympathy goes to all that’s affected.
Simplyleo:

So whose fault?

I doubt those buildings were directly within the route corridor of the pipeline. The explosion was just massive and affected structures even far away.

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Pictures From The Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Yesterday by Corrections: 9:56am On Mar 16, 2020
NOT SURPRISED!! LAGOSIANS JUST EXPERIENCED A SINISTER OF AN ATOMIC BOMB EXPLOSION.

I SAW A VIDEO ON HOW THE GAS WAS GUSHING OUT THROUGH THE PIPE UNDER A POWERFUL PRESSURE BEFORE THE EXPLOSION TOOK PLACE. AFTER WATCHING THE VIDEO THE THOUGHT OF WHAT MUST HAVE HAPPENED CAME TO MY MIND.

THE WHOLE INCIDENT HAPPENED SIMILAR TO HOW ATOMIC BOMB THEORETICALLY OPERATES. THIS IS WHAT MUST HAVE HAPPENED...

THE WHOLE AREA KILOMETERS AWAY TO ANYWHERE THE GAS IS CARRIED TO BY AIR IS MARKED ENDANGERED ZONE. THE WHOLE AREA THE GAS SPREADS TO BECOMES AN ENVELOPE OF GAS OF CYLINDER ITSELF.

THIS IS MORE DEADLY BECAUSE IT MIXES WITH OXYGEN IN THE ATMOSPHERE COUPLED WITH CONFINED ENVELOPE OF CONTAINER ( THE WHOLE AREA THE GAS SPREADS TO UNDER REGULATED ATMOSPHERIC PRESSURE AND TEMPERATURE AUTOMATICALLY BECOMES A CONTAINER WHERETHE REACTION WOULD TAKE PLACE)

WHEN AN IGNITION SETS IN THE FIRE WOULD BURN THROUGH THE GAS PARTICLES PRESENT IN THE AIR SPREAD ABOUT THE AREA. IF IT SPREADS 20 KM AWAY THE FIRE AND ENERGY RELEASED (WAVE ) AFTER IGNITION WOULD TRACE THE POCKET OF GAS MIXED WITH OXYGEN IN FEW SECONDS ACCOMPANYING WITH A POWER EXPLOSION. THE ENERGY IS RELEASED IN FORM OF WAVE AND BURNING FIRE. THE WAVE IN THIS KIND OF SITUATION IS ALWAYS POWERFUL THAT IT CAN BRING DOWN BUILDINGS.

THE BUILDINGS YOU SEE COLLAPSED MUST HAVE BEEN SURROUNDED BY THESE PARTICLES OF GAS MARKED TO BE UNDER THE ENVELOPE OF SHOCKWAVE.

IT WILL TAKE A MIRACLE FOR THE LADY EPORTING IN THAT VIDEO OR PEOPLE PASSING BY TO HAVE SURVIVED IF THERE WAS AN IGNITION AT THAT MOMENT.
GAS EXPLOSION IS 100% MORE DEADLY THAN LIQUID FUEL E.G PETROL KIND OF EXPLOSION.
Re: Exclusive Pictures From The Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Yesterday by Switruth: 10:14am On Mar 16, 2020
obailala:

I doubt those buildings were directly within the route corridor of the pipeline. The explosion was just massive and affected structures even far away.
. Agreed but even in excavation areas that explosives are used. People are adviced to leave the vicinity. It’s unfortunate.
Re: Exclusive Pictures From The Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Yesterday by poiZon: 10:30am On Mar 16, 2020
Corrections:
NOT SURPRISED!! LAGOSIANS JUST EXPERIENCED A SINISTER OF AN ATOMIC BOMB EXPLOSION.

I SAW A VIDEO ON HOW THE GAS WAS GUSHING OUT THROUGH THE PIPE UNDER A POWERFUL PRESSURE BEFORE THE EXPLOSION TOOK PLACE. AFTER WATCHING THE VIDEO THE THOUGHT OF WHAT MUST HAVE HAPPENED CAME TO MY MIND.

THE WHOLE INCIDENT HAPPENED SIMILAR TO HOW ATOMIC BOMB THEORETICALLY OPERATES. THIS IS WHAT MUST HAVE HAPPENED...

THE WHOLE AREA KILOMETERS AWAY TO ANYWHERE THE GAS IS CARRIED TO BY AIR IS MARKED ENDANGERED ZONE. THE WHOLE AREA THE GAS SPREADS TO BECOMES AN ENVELOPE OF GAS OF CYLINDER ITSELF.

THIS IS MORE DEADLY BECAUSE IT MIXES WITH OXYGEN IN THE ATMOSPHERE COUPLED WITH CONFINED ENVELOPE OF CONTAINER ( THE WHOLE AREA THE GAS SPREADS TO UNDER REGULATED ATMOSPHERIC PRESSURE AND TEMPERATURE AUTOMATICALLY BECOMES A CONTAINER WHERETHE REACTION WOULD TAKE PLACE)

WHEN AN IGNITION SETS IN THE FIRE WOULD BURN THROUGH THE GAS PARTICLES PRESENT IN THE AIR SPREAD ABOUT THE AREA. IF IT SPREADS 20 KM AWAY THE FIRE AND ENERGY RELEASED (WAVE ) AFTER IGNITION WOULD TRACE THE POCKET OF GAS MIXED WITH OXYGEN IN FEW SECONDS ACCOMPANYING WITH A POWER EXPLOSION. THE ENERGY IS RELEASED IN FORM OF WAVE AND BURNING FIRE. THE WAVE IN THIS KIND OF SITUATION IS ALWAYS POWERFUL THAT IT CAN BRING DOWN BUILDINGS.

THE BUILDINGS YOU SEE COLLAPSED MUST HAVE BEEN SURROUNDED BY THESE PARTICLES OF GAS MARKED TO BE UNDER THE ENVELOPE OF SHOCKWAVE.

IT WILL TAKE A MIRACLE FOR THE LADY EPORTING IN THAT VIDEO OR PEOPLE PASSING BY TO HAVE SURVIVED IF THERE WAS AN IGNITION AT THAT MOMENT.
GAS EXPLOSION IS 100% MORE DEADLY THAN LIQUID FUEL E.G PETROL KIND OF EXPLOSION.
If it was gas triggered explosion as authorities want us to believe, the entire sorrounding would have been consume by the inferno. What we r seeing here is massive quakelike destruction.
Recall gas plant explosion at onitsha some years ago.
Can u compare that scene to what we seeing here?
This should be a bombblast cos there was just deafening singular sound. If it was something else I thing there would have been series of explosion
Re: Exclusive Pictures From The Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Yesterday by Corrections: 10:37am On Mar 16, 2020
poiZon:

If it was gas triggered explosion as authorities want us to believe, the entire sorrounding would have been consume by the inferno. What we r seeing here is massive quakelike destruction.
Recall gas plant explosion at onitsha some years ago.
Can u compare that scene to what we seeing here?
This should be a bombblast cos there was just deafening singular sound. If it was something else I thing there would have been series of explosion

I BELIEVE ITS A GAS EXPLOSION CONSIDERING THE VIDEO OF GAS LEAGAGE I WATCHED BEFORE THE EXPLOSION. HOWEVER, THE PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LEAKAGE OF GAS PIPE e.g BOKO HARAM OR VANDALS IS WHAT I CAN'T ANSWER. .........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNcnF6C2i5A
Re: Exclusive Pictures From The Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Yesterday by ZombiePUNISHER: 10:43am On Mar 16, 2020
Saddening...

It is what it is...

Government incompetence everywhere
Re: Exclusive Pictures From The Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Yesterday by obailala(m): 1:09pm On Mar 16, 2020
Switruth:
. Agreed but even in excavation areas that explosives are used. People are adviced to leave the vicinity. It’s unfortunate.
If explosives are to be used for work, thwn that's a planned activity and people can easily be informed to move. But this one is an unplanned, unanticipated accident. The pipeline's right of way should have been secured more peoperly though.
Re: Exclusive Pictures From The Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Yesterday by Switruth: 4:43pm On Mar 16, 2020
obailala:
If explosives are to be used for work, thwn that's a planned activity and people can easily be informed to move. But this one is an unplanned, unanticipated accident. The pipeline's right of way should have been secured more peoperly though.
. Fact.

(1) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Nigeria’s Cases Hit 81 As NCDC Announces 11 New Cases / The Hypocritical Nature Of Nnamdi Kanu Followers - Rant HQ Case / Wikipedia Removes Huspuppi's Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.