Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,597 members, 7,812,956 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Can Your Engine Oil Do This ?... - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can Your Engine Oil Do This ?... (3314 Views)

Urgent Please! What Gear Oil Do I Use On My Mercedes? / ......how To Read Out Manufacture Date Of Your Engine Oil.... / ......20w50 Oil Does More Harm To Your Engine if it is not needed ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Your Engine Oil Do This ?... by dru23(m): 12:51pm On Mar 16, 2020
This is my 03 Honda civic that I use on Uber.. Mobil 1 Extended performance is what have been using from day 1 ......

As you can see they is no sludge roughly after 5k miles on Mobil 1 EP.. It will likely run another 4k miles before another oil change.. This is how good Mobil 1 EP is .......

My advice if your car is fresh tokunbo, Mobil 1 EP is one of the best choice.. You get longer oil change interval and your engine is well protected..

So place your order.. This stuff really works and keeps your engine running smooth...

1 Like

Re: Can Your Engine Oil Do This ?... by maynation(f): 12:54pm On Mar 16, 2020
See advertisement. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Can Your Engine Oil Do This ?... by ivoryhouse(m): 1:37pm On Mar 16, 2020
Hey Dru, I like what you're doing, encouraging the ignorant to use quality synthetic lubes especially as recommended by the manufacturer.
I would also like to point out that there is a plethora of great lubes out there and Mobil 1 EP is just one of many.
Keep it up

3 Likes

Re: Can Your Engine Oil Do This ?... by dru23(m): 1:41pm On Mar 16, 2020
ivoryhouse:
Hey Dru, I like what you're doing, encouraging the ignorant to use quality synthetic lubes especially as recommended by the manufacturer.
I would also like to point out that there is a plethora of great lubes out there and Mobil 1 EP is just one of many.
Keep it up

Yes I agree with you. Mobil 1 EP is one of the many good oil out there...
Re: Can Your Engine Oil Do This ?... by Galil: 2:29pm On Mar 16, 2020
dru23:
This is my 03 Honda civic that I use on Uber.. Mobil 1 Extended performance is what have been using from day 1 ......

As you can see they is no sludge roughly after 5k miles on Mobil 1 EP.. It will likely run another 4k miles before another oil change.. This is how good Mobil 1 EP is .......

My advice if your car is fresh tokunbo, Mobil 1 EP is one of the best choice.. You get longer oil change interval and your engine is well protected..

So place your order.. This stuff really works and keeps your engine running smooth...

How much is it
Re: Can Your Engine Oil Do This ?... by dru23(m): 2:31pm On Mar 16, 2020
Galil:

How much is it

17k naira
Re: Can Your Engine Oil Do This ?... by adeeva06(f): 4:18pm On Mar 16, 2020
Go for Liqui Moly wink

Galil:

How much is it

2 Likes

Re: Can Your Engine Oil Do This ?... by dru23(m): 5:33pm On Mar 16, 2020
adeeva06:
Go for Liqui Moly wink

Liqui Moly seems to be a good oil, that is the real imported ones.....
The question remains, is the oil affordable ?
Re: Can Your Engine Oil Do This ?... by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 16, 2020
dru23:

Total quartz 9000 will do far better

1 Like

Re: Can Your Engine Oil Do This ?... by dru23(m): 5:48pm On Mar 16, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Total quartz 9000 will do far better

From day 1 , I always back up my claim and show evidence..

Now all my uber cars are on Mobil 1 Ep and I change the oil every 10k miles Max, the 03 civic showed on previous post was already on roughly 5k miles, and by the looks of things it will go another 4k to 5k miles . Than making it a total of 9k to 10k miles before oil change....

So am going to challenge you, to take a tokunbo car of your choice. Put the car through the stress and abuse of uber work .. Than lets us see how Total Quartz 9000 will do under these conditions....

And if you can't prove it or show it .. I will kindly ask you to stay out of my way .. And if really wanted to do it I will open the engine cover of my 08 Elantra that has been on Uber for 2years ......
Re: Can Your Engine Oil Do This ?... by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 16, 2020
dru23:

From day 1 , I always back up my claim and show evidence..

Now all my uber cars are on Mobil 1 Ep and I change the oil every 10k miles Max, the 03 civic showed on previous post was already on roughly 5k miles, and by the looks of things it will go another 4k to 5k miles . Than making it a total of 9k to 10k miles before oil change....

So am going to challenge you, to take a tokunbo car of your choice. Put the car through the stress and abuse of uber work .. Than lets us see how Total Quartz 9000 will do under these conditions....

And if you can't prove it or show it .. I will kindly ask you to stay out of my way .. And if really wanted to do it I will open the engine cover of my 08 Elantra that has been on Uber for 2years ......
Oga stop yarning nonsense. Total quartz 9000 will beat all your peddled oil hands down

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Your Engine Oil Do This ?... by dru23(m): 6:27pm On Mar 16, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Oga stop yarning nonsense. Total quartz 9000 will beat all your peddled oil hands down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Your Engine Oil Do This ?... by Nobody: 6:28pm On Mar 16, 2020

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Your Engine Oil Do This ?... by dru23(m): 6:30pm On Mar 16, 2020
[quote author=Smartchoiice post=87497986][/quote]

Re: Can Your Engine Oil Do This ?... by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 16, 2020
Just did the second oil change on the wife's 2014 G550. Meets the required 229.5 MB specs. Truck continues to run great but then again she only put on 10k so far. Great deal from Amazon to get the correct factory approved engine lubricant. Including the filter, used 10.5 liters. Used caution to insure no "overfill". Will be using this on my R8 next year.
As on oil change tip for this truck, the first time I went underneath and did it the old-fashioned way. Pretty messy as the drain bolt has limited clearance as it's fronted by a suspension beam. This time I purchased an electric oil extractor (Amazon) and not only was it faster and cleaner, but it likewise it took out every single drop from the bottom of the oil pan. For much less than $30, its worth its weight in gold!!!

Upate:
Changed R8 oil and the V8 engine just purrs with this oil!!!
Purchasing another case (12 bottles) for our recently purchased Bentley Continental Flying Spur.

Total Quartz 9000 all the way!!

1 Like

Re: Can Your Engine Oil Do This ?... by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 16, 2020
Reviewed in the United States on October 31, 2016
Verified Purchase
Size: 1 QT
My 911 runs quieter than with Mobil1 0w-40, great product Total Quartz 9000!
Re: Can Your Engine Oil Do This ?... by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 16, 2020
Great oil! 434,000 miles on my car and it’s still going strong! Total Quartz 9000!!

1 Like

Re: Can Your Engine Oil Do This ?... by dru23(m): 6:53pm On Mar 16, 2020
Smartchoiice:
Great oil! 434,000 miles on my car and it’s still going strong! Total Quartz 9000!!

Re: Can Your Engine Oil Do This ?... by dru23(m): 6:54pm On Mar 16, 2020
Smartchoiice:
Just did the second oil change on the wife's 2014 G550. Meets the required 229.5 MB specs. Truck continues to run great but then again she only put on 10k so far. Great deal from Amazon to get the correct factory approved engine lubricant. Including the filter, used 10.5 liters. Used caution to insure no "overfill". Will be using this on my R8 next year.
As on oil change tip for this truck, the first time I went underneath and did it the old-fashioned way. Pretty messy as the drain bolt has limited clearance as it's fronted by a suspension beam. This time I purchased an electric oil extractor (Amazon) and not only was it faster and cleaner, but it likewise it took out every single drop from the bottom of the oil pan. For much less than $30, its worth its weight in gold!!!

Upate:
Purchasing another case (12 bottles) for our recently purchased Bentley Continental Flying Spur.

Re: Can Your Engine Oil Do This ?... by fabienjoe: 4:58pm On Mar 17, 2020
I don't understand - you opened up a fully functional and faultless engine just to advertise your oil Or are you doing some work on it?
Re: Can Your Engine Oil Do This ?... by dru23(m): 6:21pm On Mar 17, 2020
fabienjoe:
I don't understand - you opened up a fully functional and faultless engine just to advertise your oil Or are you doing some work on it?

Well since you want to know, the car was shorten oil. And I was told to use thicker oil . Which I didnt fully agree with and I wanted to get to the bottom of things. So we did the following things....

1. Change Pcv valves... the old one was not that ok ,but I decided to change

2. Change Air filter

3. Change spark plugs

4. Change transmission soleiod and add transmission fluid ( reason for this was because the car was jerking)

After doing all these things ,check engine light came up. We scan it and found out camshaft sensor was coming up. So mechanic decided to open up the engine bay . Doing the process we found engine oil was leaking..
We discover that the oil seal worn out. Causing the oil to shorten.. Engine oil seal was replaced ,but code P0340 camshaft sensor keeps coming up and the car still jerks.

Long story short, we exchange camshaft sensor from my other tokunbo civic, after the ones we bought for 7k naira from Ladipo failed woefully.. Like play like play check engine didnt didnt come on at all , And we didn't need to reset the engine ..

Since than the driver is very happy and no complains at all .. The a/c of the car na winter cold/ ice cold .. And the problem of oil shorten has been resolved ,but will continue to keep an eye on it.....

My conclusion.... To answer your question sir , I didnt just open up the engine to sell my oil .. Since the car has been using Mobil 1 Ep for 5k miles, and likely do another 4k naira .
Since the engine valve was already open, it gave me an opportunity to see how well the oil has been doing. And I was not disappointed at all .. It shows that have been doing something rite all along..

3 Likes

Re: Can Your Engine Oil Do This ?... by femilambor007(m): 12:00am On Apr 11, 2020
Boss,

What's the difference between this and yours??

Re: Can Your Engine Oil Do This ?... by dru23(m): 5:28am On Apr 11, 2020
femilambor007:
Boss,

What's the difference between this and yours??

Mine gives u longer oil change interval ,with mine I can change my oil every 15k miles depending on driving conditions, if it is strictly highway driving that I do than 15k miles oil is change is ok , but if it is local driving that entails constant traffic or stop and go driving. Than I do 10k miles oil change .....

I use mine on my uber cars and change oil every 10k miles ,and I use yours and USA Castrol on my personal cars ....
Re: Can Your Engine Oil Do This ?... by femilambor007(m): 1:21pm On Apr 11, 2020
It's actually personal car, And mostly drove within the Local government.

Which oil do you advise and price? Also the filter.

Lastly your location.

dru23:

Mine gives u longer oil change interval ,with mine I can change my oil every 15k miles depending on driving conditions, if it is strictly highway driving that I do than 15k miles oil is change is ok , but if it is local driving that entails constant traffic or stop and go driving. Than I do 10k miles oil change .....

I use mine on my uber cars and change oil every 10k miles ,and I use yours and USA Castrol on my personal cars ....
Re: Can Your Engine Oil Do This ?... by dru23(m): 8:17pm On Apr 11, 2020
femilambor007:

Lastly your location.

Re: Can Your Engine Oil Do This ?... by dru23(m): 8:26pm On Apr 11, 2020
femilambor007:

Lastly your location.

USA Castrol is a very good choice .. It is one of the best oil in the market .. It exceeds all SAE standard and most importantly I import directly from the USA and there is no middle men.. This is the reason why my price is cheaper than the Nigerian Castrol or any other competing brand you getting better quality for only 12k naira ........Yes I said it only 12k naira.....

We do have it in stock and we do ship outside Lagos ..But due to the lock down we can't do any deliveries.. Once the lock down is over I will officially advertise .... We hope to have you as a customer.....

Now for the filter I need make and model and year of your car .......

2 Likes

Re: Can Your Engine Oil Do This ?... by Aboguede(m): 11:11pm On Apr 11, 2020
I smell poverty lies from the pit of hell and a nollywood dreamer grin

Upate:

Re: Can Your Engine Oil Do This ?... by Charlieluvboy(m): 6:20pm On Apr 12, 2020
dru23:

USA Castrol is a very good choice .. It is one of the best oil in the market .. It exceeds all SAE standard and most importantly I import directly from the USA and there is no middle men.. This is the reason why my price is cheaper than the Nigerian Castrol or any other competing brand you getting better quality for only 12k naira ........Yes I said it only 12k naira.....

We do have it in stock and we do ship outside Lagos ..But due to the lock down we can't do any deliveries.. Once the lock down is over I will officially advertise .... We hope to have you as a customer.....

Now for the filter I need make and model and year of your car .......
Nissan Altima 2002
Re: Can Your Engine Oil Do This ?... by dru23(m): 6:42pm On Apr 12, 2020
Charlieluvboy:

Nissan Altima 2002

Filter or oil ..... I usually advice people to use Imported oil on newer cars and tokunbo cars .. Nissan 2002 would have been more than likely been abused from bad oil or wrong use of oil ... so I would advice to continue using whatever oil u have been using
Re: Can Your Engine Oil Do This ?... by Charlieluvboy(m): 9:29pm On Apr 12, 2020
dru23:

Filter or oil ..... I usually advice people to use Imported oil on newer cars and tokunbo cars .. Nissan 2002 would have been more than likely been abused from bad oil or wrong use of oil ... so I would advice to continue using whatever oil u have been using
would changing the oil to the one recommended damage the engine.
Re: Can Your Engine Oil Do This ?... by dru23(m): 9:42pm On Apr 12, 2020
Charlieluvboy:
would changing the oil to the one recommended damage the engine.

It will not damage the engine, but it will more than likely cause your engine to short oil ..... My best advice is no need to switch... From experience a lot of Nigeria do not use the correct engine oil in their car .. By the time for them to switch to factory recommended oil , it is too late..

On your next tokunbo car make sure you follow factory recommended oil ......
Re: Can Your Engine Oil Do This ?... by Charlieluvboy(m): 11:18pm On Apr 12, 2020
dru23:

It will not damage the engine, but it will more than likely cause your engine to short oil ..... My best advice is no need to switch... From experience a lot of Nigeria do not use the correct engine oil in their car .. By the time for them to switch to factory recommended oil , it is too late..

On your next tokunbo car make sure you follow factory recommended oil ......
the engine was just changed and it's not up to a year. Any suggestions on that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Inquiry: Who Has A Skoda Octavia? / Woman Throw Shade At Man Who Was Beaten By Rain In His Mercedes Benz Convertible / Help!!! How Can I Get A Mechanical Expert To Repair My Citroen Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.