Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,223 members, 7,846,059 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Saving The Life Of Ojukwu At Our Detriment? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saving The Life Of Ojukwu At Our Detriment? (1868 Views)

I’m The Only Legal Wife Of Ojukwu, Bianca Tells Court / Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) / Never Seen Pictures Of Ojukwu's Burial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saving The Life Of Ojukwu At Our Detriment? by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 25, 2010
@Poster

I see nothing wrong wrong with it.
Ujukwu was a father to many of his people.
If your father is in need to treatment, would you care about the money or about his treatment.
If we want to stop focusing on how much international treatment cost, then we ought to do something about our baaaad Nigerian health facilities.
My mom worked in Zaria for a few years, she made a statement about how the nurses and doctors would rather sit and gossip than treat their patient. Are pur technologies up-to-date?

Its really really a shame when our "leaders" go oversea to get treated. Seems like Nigeria is the only African country guilty of that. [Plz anyone, prove me wrong]
Re: Saving The Life Of Ojukwu At Our Detriment? by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 25, 2010
Obiagu1:

^^^

Can you jump off a cliff if you can't stand the love Igbos have for Ojukwu?

Unnecessarily aggressive. Why dont you show him how you jump off a cliff? undecided
Re: Saving The Life Of Ojukwu At Our Detriment? by Dede1(m): 7:46am On Dec 25, 2010
dave2:

Saving the life of Odumegwu Ojukwu(77 years old) is so crucial as compared to the lives of thousands of the children in Anambra State. Some of these children can't even afford nor survive 3 square meals daily. It's a travesty to see how our money are being WASTED on one person. UNTH in Enugu is one of the best hospital(s) in Nigeria with well equipped doctors and superb medical equipments. It's no guarantee that moving him to London will spare his life.

Umaru Yar"Ardua never survived with all the TONS and TONS of money Federal Government wasted on the late president; at last he came back CAPUT, and VEGITATED. I will expect Governor Obi to reciprocate this favour for any sick Anambrian that requires emergency attention. This prejudicial attention MUST cease immediately.  Ojukwu has more than enough money to take care of his medical bills; a billionaire of course. CASE and POINT; Just of recent Governor Oshiomhole realized that it was high time to open a Cancer Health Center for his people simply because his wife died of cancer related illness. If his wife was well and alive, he might have not thought of it; but suddenly Adams Oshiomhole realized that when it rains, the sprinkles fall on every one’s head. All these Political TERRORISTS should realize that we the people voted you in there to EASE our pains, NOT to inflict pains on us.

I guess the above literary nonsense posted by a contributor was borne out of ignorance. The poster delved into an issue that is either beyond his/her mental capacity or he/she was attempting to build a case of misplaced priority in Anambra State with misplaced political intuition.
Re: Saving The Life Of Ojukwu At Our Detriment? by jaygetta(m): 7:52am On Dec 25, 2010
@Rossike:Fleeing was the only option! Could you imagine what would have happened to the Igbo nation had Ojukwu been captured alive?! Annihilation! Dem for wipe dem out, patapata! Then Ojukwu would have been humiliated before being put to death! You think there would have been talk of "No Victor, No Vanquished"?! Jokes can be made all day about how Ojukwu fled Nigeria, but the truth is that his capture would have spelt doom for the Igbo nation in its entirety!
Re: Saving The Life Of Ojukwu At Our Detriment? by sunnybobo4: 9:22am On Dec 25, 2010
Vallo57:

[/b]

You be true son of your "Ewu" father. Why don't you address the topic and stop acting the fool.

I guess your mum must be cursing the day she was raped by that armed robber which led to your conception. Attempted abortion finally led to your semi imbecilic state.
Re: Saving The Life Of Ojukwu At Our Detriment? by Vallo57(m): 7:11am On Jan 01, 2011
sunny-bobo:

I guess your mum must be cursing the day she was violated by that armed robber which led to your conception. Attempted abortion finally led to your semi imbecilic state.

Is that all you got? You cannot debate the topic and your natural defense mechanism kicked in hence the insult. You
are a true son of your father.
Re: Saving The Life Of Ojukwu At Our Detriment? by Eziachi: 7:55am On Jan 01, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
It makes you laugh doesn't it, that your enemy seem to predtend to be in love with you sometimes just to prove that he hates you. They're crawling out of their holes once again crying more than the beareved. They are now so concerned about the millions of Anambra children, who Ikemba is denying their surviving Phensic.
Milions of Anambra children dying!! So what is the population of Anambra state that millions are dying, even when God of Israel killed all the first born Pharaohs Egypt, I don't even think they are in their millions.

The same morons now crying not long ago as to how Igbos has neglected the burial place of Zik has come out again. I told them then that the dead shall bury their dead, that its their duty to look after Ziks grave because Zik was a Nigerian leader and never pretend even for once as an ethnic leader.  However the day a true Igbo leader die, they will see what Igbos can do towards his final resting place.
Now Ndigbo is taking care of their icon, they have come again with their crocodile tears about Igbo children. The same Igbo children their fathers didn't think twice of starving to their early graves in order to win their One Nigeria?
I can imagine what they will say, if Ojukwu was left at the street of Nnewi to die.  They will be the first to sound their hypocritcal concerned gong.
Bunch of hypocrites.
They had been waiting for weeks now for the breaking news that will make their sad lives lively again and it wasn't forthcoming, they changed gear, so concerned for Anambra children.
These are the sad bunch that will kill you in the dark and will be the first at your funeral in the day.
Re: Saving The Life Of Ojukwu At Our Detriment? by excanny: 10:36am On Jan 01, 2011
I couldn't have said it better.

If that man has been left uncared for, this same people will come to say Igbo this Igbo that. Now he's given the proper attention, they are now concerned about 'millions' of Anambra children. Talk of STARK HYPOCRISY.

Instead of seeing the good aspect of what happened like first taking the man to one of our local hospital, before been flown abroad. Some ignoramus were busy screaming he's probably in a hospital somewhere in ngbatiland. They always like living in past glory and in denial. Which hospital can one go to in Yoruba land? The rickety LUTH? Or UCH?

Dagrin and co all met their waterloo in those glorified 'clinics' that you think are the best.

Folks like the OP should just STFU. You have no true motives.
Re: Saving The Life Of Ojukwu At Our Detriment? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 01, 2011
Let's not politicise the health of Ikemba. @ OP, what you are saying would have been right if u have calibrated your words differently. The truth is that issues like these are ironically terrible. Those that have, more will be added unto them and those that lack, the little they have will be taken away from them.

Even when these VIP's die, the state budgets a whooping sum for the burial. For Instance, Chief C.C Onoh was a Real Estate Mogul, but Enugu State budgeted and dished out N600 million for his funeral. It is a sad reality.
Re: Saving The Life Of Ojukwu At Our Detriment? by Eziachi: 10:27pm On Jan 03, 2011
jabbok:

Let's not politicise the health of Ikemba. @ OP, what you are saying would have been right if u have calibrated your words differently. The truth is that issues like these are ironically terrible. Those that have, more will be added unto them and those that lack, the little they have will be taken away from them.

Even when these VIP's die, the state budgets a whooping sum for the burial. For Instance, Chief C.C Onoh was a Real Estate Mogul, but Enugu State budgeted and dished out N600 million for his funeral. It is a sad reality.

I rather they give our Ikemba a state hospital/life saving treatment than a state burial. One of the few that gave their own to us, instead of stealing from us. I wished Udenwa was man enough to save the life of Uncle Sam Mbakwe (another great Igbo son) when he needed it and was dying rather than a state burial afterwards.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Queries Sambo Over Poor Attendance At Kaduna Rally / Funny Side Of The Nationwide Strike / Boko Haram: Why We Attacked Thisday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.