Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,189 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Does Your Spouse Know Your Nl Username? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Your Spouse Know Your Nl Username? (3674 Views)

Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! / Must Your Spouse Know Everything You Give Your Parent / Does Your Spouse Know Your Username On Nairaland Forum? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Nl Username? by rejoice3: 5:26am On Dec 25, 2010
My Bf has my password and even posts with my username some times.
Even ordinary friends have access to my facebook password not to talk of him.

Sorry to say, but you be mumu if every Tom, Fred and Harry has access to your password.
You need to be more clever than that!
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Nl Username? by Nobody: 7:14am On Dec 25, 2010
He has no interest whatsoever in NL . . . Works for me! grin
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Nl Username? by tunde247: 8:34am On Dec 25, 2010
nope but it doesnt matter
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Nl Username? by orgasm(m): 2:00pm On Dec 25, 2010
yea she does n she was like,oops! And laff her ass off.she tink is crazy
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Nl Username? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 25, 2010
Seeing as my Nairaland username and my real name are one and the same, yes, my wife knows.

Doesn't really matter, we both have our separate PC's, but my wife has still posted with my username (she has my password, I have hers too).
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Nl Username? by Ibomade1: 7:09pm On Dec 25, 2010
No.
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Nl Username? by Odunnu: 7:23pm On Dec 25, 2010
!rejoice:

Sorry to say, but you be mumu if every Tom, Fred and Harry has access to your password.
. . .and you had to insult to make your point, Ms Clever?
Ever heard of the word trust? Thats what is at work. I have ATM pins of my brother and my fiance,I have my boss' password to his personal yahoo box. If people dnt trust you enough to entrust stuff to you, I wonder what kinda r'shp you have. BTW, the friend who has access to my facebook page is a NLndr!
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Nl Username? by pingpong1: 7:31pm On Dec 25, 2010
@Odunnu - dont understand why anybody will have your facebook login code. I get D ATM & yahoo but facebook? To do what?
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Nl Username? by sistajay(f): 7:35pm On Dec 25, 2010
Yes!!
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Nl Username? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 25, 2010
ping pong:

@Odunnu - dont understand why anybody will have your facebook login code. I get D ATM & yahoo but facebook? To do what?

I think the point Ms Odunnu's trying to get across is, she doesn't attach a great deal of importance to her Facebook login details. Some people give their Facebook password to friends, sotheir friends can upload pictures on their behalf.
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Nl Username? by Thespecialone(m): 8:42pm On Dec 25, 2010
On online forums like NL, some folks are entirely different from who they are in real life, they hide under the annoymity that NL provides to be who ever they want to.
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Nl Username? by pingpong1: 9:15pm On Dec 25, 2010
@sienna - if its just to post pictures, ok which is not just a fraction of what facebook is set up for. Infact I have a friend who uses FB a lot but only has his profile picture uploaded. Of course if Odunnu really needs to get down to serious work on FB there wont be need to give his friends his login details.
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Nl Username? by Wumine(f): 1:00am On Dec 26, 2010
my guy doesn't, never really bothered! Make i enjoy my freedom to express myself as i wish jare!
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Nl Username? by ShyOne(f): 1:51am On Dec 26, 2010
Yes, my guy knows who I am - of course. He told me to join NL and he is ok with me posting.
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Nl Username? by rejoice3: 2:04am On Dec 26, 2010

. . .and you had to insult to make your point, Ms Clever?
Ever heard of the word trust? Thats what is at work. I have ATM pins of my brother and my fiance,I have my boss' password to his personal yahoo box. If people dnt trust you enough to entrust stuff to you, I wonder what kinda r'shp you have. BTW, the friend who has access to my facebook page is a NLndr!

Ok, no offense, it was for the want of a better word cool
Seriously, it does my head in when pple don't take security & confidentiality seriously. It's got nothing to do with trust, it's common sense. Being careless with your passwords/PIN and stuff makes you or your loved ones vulnerable to all sorts of exploitation. Consider this: You know your boss' pwd and he knows yours. His wife knows his passwd, and because he cares less about confidentiality, the wife knows her staff's (you & other) pwd, so she has access to their confidential stuff, the chain carries on like that and the weakest link in that chain can expose all the parties unnecessarily.
I work in a field where I get to clean up a lot of mess because users just don't get it! Look at the bigger picture; you never know whom your friend knows that has malicious intents towards you etc, just my 2p worth

, And in terms of relationship, I'm very,very happy in the one I am thank you very much
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Nl Username? by DeeJay20: 3:40pm On Dec 26, 2010
Nigerians letting spouses know their username load of bu** sh**
Look at all the foolishness and stupidity that people post
which just shows their *corrupt Heart*,
Ie look at the sexuality forum, which goes to show that due to
sexual repression amongst Nigerians they will seek out ways
to express themselves online in secret,
Lies, cover up and deceit is most of the time
the order of the day amongst Nigerians so all these question peoples
ask are no brainers, Nobody is revealing their username to anyone who knows them
however those that have their pic in their profile *just dont get it* lol!!!
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Nl Username? by Odunnu: 4:20pm On Dec 26, 2010
!rejoice:

Ok, no offense, it was for the want of a better word cool
Seriously, it does my head in when pple don't take security & confidentiality seriously. It's got nothing to do with trust, it's common sense. Being careless with your passwords/PIN and stuff makes you or your loved ones vulnerable to all sorts of exploitation. Consider this: You know your boss' pwd and he knows yours. His wife knows his passwd, and because he cares less about confidentiality, the wife knows her staff's (you & other) pwd, so she has access to their confidential stuff, the chain carries on like that and the weakest link in that chain can expose all the parties unnecessarily.
I work in a field where I get to clean up a lot of mess because users just don't get it! Look at the bigger picture; you never know whom your friend knows that has malicious intents towards you etc, just my 2p worth

, And in terms of relationship, I'm very,very happy in the one I am thank you very much
Na wa for ths your very flawed analysis o,where did I suggest any of the things you are writing an essay on?! And at the bold part,whoever says i'm careless?
Babes, na wa 2 u o!
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Nl Username? by jamace(m): 5:56pm On Dec 26, 2010
She does. In fact, she sits by my side while I do some funny things on NL. She knows I'm only joking and having fun. grin
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Nl Username? by rejoice3: 4:53am On Dec 27, 2010
Ok, no offense, it was for the want of a better word

Na wa for ths your very flawed analysis o,where did I suggest any of the things you are writing an essay on?! And at the bold part,whoever says i'm careless?
Babes, na wa 2 u o!

Very flawed analysis indeed. I always knew that some people can never differentiate btw night and day however hard you try to make them see the light. Good luck in your 'world of trust' you'd need it
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Nl Username? by Osama10(m): 5:26am On Dec 27, 2010
She's not into Nairaland.
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Nl Username? by Odunnu: 9:15am On Dec 27, 2010
!rejoice:

Ok, no offense, it was for the want of a better word

Babes, na wa 2 u o!

Very flawed analysis indeed. I always knew that some people can never differentiate btw night and day however hard you try to make them see the light. Good luck in your 'world of trust' you'd need it
You have a problem ma'am, I dont intend being the solution though,but you should go for help.
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Nl Username? by moyoct14(m): 9:45am On Dec 27, 2010
"Very flawed analysis indeed. I always knew that some people can never differentiate btw night and day however hard you try to make them see the light. Good luck in your 'world of trust' you'd need it"

Classic! smiley smiley
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Nl Username? by johndoe200: 12:59pm On Dec 28, 2010
Siena:

Seeing as my Nairaland username and my real name are one and the same, yes, my wife knows.

Doesn't really matter, we both have our separate PC's, but my wife has still posted with my username (she has my password, I have hers too).

What can I say? My wife thankfully does not know about NL and if she did would never know my username.

That's what you call a nightmare in the making.
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Nl Username? by madlady(f): 12:06pm On Jan 01, 2011
My ex does, actually all my household/visitors/colleagues knew it and the password,they use to enjoy reading the posts of certain NL members, those days have long gone.
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Nl Username? by chika98: 9:06am On Jan 02, 2011
Hey Madlady. Happy New Year!
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Nl Username? by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 02, 2011
//
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Nl Username? by madlady(f): 10:26am On Jan 02, 2011
chika98:

Hey Madlady. Happy New Year!

Thanks @chika98, I hope you have a REALLY great year.

chaircover:

Madlay . . . . long time not see/hear.

How are you dear?

Hope you had a good Xmas & Happy New Year to you kiss

Hmm.

I hope your Xmas went really well. Have a great year. kiss
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Nl Username? by Nobody: 11:13am On Jan 02, 2011
@Topic

yea
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Nl Username? by adagz01(m): 12:25pm On Jan 02, 2011
Never!

Not even in the next world.
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Nl Username? by conquerorb: 2:31pm On Jan 17, 2011
Mine does not even know any site called Nairaland.
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Nl Username? by queensmith: 5:50pm On Jan 21, 2011
madlady oooo where have you been ive missed you! i forgot my hotmail password so i havent been able to mail! sad hows u!!!
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Nl Username? by queensmith: 5:52pm On Jan 21, 2011
lol even if he didnt he will guess in loong shot! esp the ayettymama username! i cant shake that off! this lifetime or next!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please I Need Help. / If Your Husband Slaps Your Mother. / Advice Needed. No Insults Pls!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.