Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,602 members, 7,827,265 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents (106946 Views)

20-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Lending ‘online Lover’ N500k / Woman Excited As She Marries Her Jamb Lesson Teacher / Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Pasprof27(m): 8:54am On Mar 18, 2020
My fellow niggarrzzz out there, failure is not the end of everything. Infact it's a prove that you are on the right track. What comes easily doesn't last and won't be cherished well. To fail mean:
F'irst
A'ttempt
I'n
L'earning
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by DateMynd44(m): 8:55am On Mar 18, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Why won't the idiot fail jamb with this poorly written English
omo the English for that status weak me pass
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Ganjafama(m): 8:56am On Mar 18, 2020
seniormallam:
I told our last born not to carry jamb or anything to heart, reality differs from your wish.........I told him, if you fail jamb you can go for IJMB or we look for one cheap private university or as a northern breed, we enter one university for north anyhow anyhow admission must show.......he scored below 200 I runs the admission, he's now in final year.........Nigeria cannot be corrupt and me I will be doing good citizen, I will follow everything corruptically too.
Let him score less than 200 and dream of gaining admission into unilag, Ife or uniben.
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by millionboi2: 8:56am On Mar 18, 2020
nnadychuks:
The main thing that causes depression is not what people say about you, but what you think people say about you. Maybe parents should start giving pep talks and realize that the old school African parenting is long gone in this era.
Yes wat u think ppl say abt you.
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by DateMynd44(m): 8:56am On Mar 18, 2020
Aladegba:
Is she a footballer?
na tomboy
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by avsadeeq0(m): 8:58am On Mar 18, 2020
I can't imagine the type of torture you must be passing thru in heaven now due to your wrong decision.

Ftc dedicated to those who believed that the mountain of worries before them is about becoming a thing of the past. [/quote]

you must be a Muslim
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by AmuDimpka: 8:58am On Mar 18, 2020
DateMynd44:
omo the English for that status weak me pass

She would always fail even in her next life with that kind of English...

1 Like

Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Nobody: 8:59am On Mar 18, 2020
HORLADY:
Symptoms of failure in parenting. Because of hustling for money, we end up nurturing weakling. For the past ICAN three diet, I have been battling with only SFM. To make it more painful, I pay for it out money I don't have and end up eating cassava flakes for many weeks just to achieve one thing. Yet ICAN will return it to me and I am yet to even dwell over my failure for 48hrs at a go. May God help children of nowadays.

Bro just keep pushing it. I know someone who wrote skills diet 8 times and professional diet 5 times since 2011. At last you're in the finals.

On a more serious note, if nothing else, ICAN trains you to absorb failure and shake it off like a pro. No faint hearted person can write ICAN.

1 Like

Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Samade7: 8:59am On Mar 18, 2020
seunlayi:
How I wish you can hear me as I wish to tell you that what I went thru was nothing compared to what made you to commit this greatest sin. Mountain of hindrances won't cease from the part of those that will make it but only with perseverance that you will scale thru.... I m still passing thru another one since last year and gradually, I can see the other side just a little moment from now it is will be a thing of the past.

I can't imagine the type of torture you must be passing thru in heaven now due to your wrong decision.

Ftc dedicated to those who believed that the mountain of worries before them is about becoming a thing of the past.

Just dont know why most these young lads commit suicide dis days cos dey fail jamb or whatsoever.................I guessed WAEC later pardoned one of my cousins by given him C6 in chemistry after 8 attempts, the guy is now a big man, an engineer in one of the oil companies.

2 Likes

Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by govomotors: 9:00am On Mar 18, 2020
What a sad story. Many successful people never had the privilege to attend primary school but the succeeded and make sure their children get the best education.

Please don't pressure your children and make them believe that failure is the end. Let them know that no matter what, there is always a better tomorrow.

She committed suicide due to computer error, result that almost everyone got 99 in physics. What if Jamb release the new result and she did well?

I always say that suicide is not the answer because the solution to suicidal problem may be few minutes, hours, days or months away.

Fellow NLanders, keep faith, keep hope and say "NO" to suicide.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by DateMynd44(m): 9:02am On Mar 18, 2020
I don't believe this story tho.
Awon bloggers always using this jamb period to trend
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 18, 2020
SirDanny7:

seems to me you knew her very well ?
Yes broda cry
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Angelfrost(m): 9:04am On Mar 18, 2020
The same JAMB awon boys wrote 6 to 7 times back in the day (that's over 6 years of trying to further one's education)!!!... Those same guys are top executives, politicians, and business moguls today.

If a barely literate old man is into his second term as Nigerian president, why would any one take a mere advanced exam failure so badly??!...

We have serious work to do as parents, guardians and teachers... Even religious leaders need to have a deeper introspection on this gross level of failure!!! Yes, everyone has failed!!!.. We have failed to teach these young ones the meaning of struggle. To teach them that life is not easy or rosy... We put unnecessary pressure on them to become what they are not naturally suited for.

Why can't we encourage them to pursue their dreams??! Why can't we let them know that intelligence, true knowledge, is not a function of passing exams??! Why constantly make them feel less for not scoring as high as their peers??!... We have lost our values!!! We have lost our way!!!... Nigerians and Suicide??! Since when??! How can??! undecided cry
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by millionboi2: 9:05am On Mar 18, 2020
KunteKinte:
I wrote Jamb 4 times. Made it 4 times but no money to enter the Uni back then. Why will someone kill him/herself because they failed jamb? Now I'm a graduate and have my MsC yet I work for myself.
with Msc u work4urselv,is something to be very proud of.....#i celebrate ur kind
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by murade: 9:06am On Mar 18, 2020
it is quiet unfortunate that Zainab committed another offence for doing so because suicide is highly forbidden in Islam, case of suicide in Islam is that on the day of judgement she will be punished with what she used to commit suicide. nevertheless we will pray for her forgiveness May Allah forgive her.
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by ridbell01(m): 9:07am On Mar 18, 2020
From her look in the picture I could see she was a teenager she's doesn't know that life is far more than jamb/education.I have a gf when I was in ss1 the girl just dropped out willingly in jss3 and enrolled herself in a fashion school she spent over 5 years there.. Today what she's controlling it would take some professor extra 5 years to get there funny enough she's now in part 3 in a private university... I pray � Almighty Allah forgive her shortcomings
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by AFONJACOW(m): 9:07am On Mar 18, 2020
She for just forget education go look for one old aboki to settle down with who knows she might end up as bullhari 3rd wife, after all awusa piple no get head for western education... Anyway rip u broke ur poor parents heart
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by millionboi2: 9:08am On Mar 18, 2020
SoNature:

Nice one

Most of us who got admission through it didn't pass at one sitting

I did it twice while some persons did for more than 3 times

But you have to work harder next time

Reduce your presence online and focus on your books. If you continue to take JAMB and fail it, you are losing time...unless you have an alternative to higher education like doing business, sports, music, etc.
Nonsense

Ppl like u don't suppose to advice,well u wrote base on ur age.
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by sylve11: 9:09am On Mar 18, 2020
All I have to say is 'Sayonara' sad cool
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Aladdin1(m): 9:11am On Mar 18, 2020
A Great fool!!. See as She be like BambiAllah!!. People wey graduate taytay na wetin Certificate do for dem?. Idiots wey they cause Sorrow and Pain to their Parents.Mtcheww...!!!
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by kristana(f): 9:11am On Mar 18, 2020
I know someone that wrote jamb 7 times! She is a chartered accountant now.
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by howmarket2: 9:11am On Mar 18, 2020
mankan2k7:
I have been in her shoes, not an easy thing to know u are spending another year at home

My story

I registered for Jamb in the year 2001, seeking admission into one of Nigeria university. I prepared well for this exam, attended many lessons and tutorials to pass gallantly.

I have had all my waec subjects d previous years with 4 As. I remembered my teachers in our lesson always telling others to emulate me and come close to me for explanations anywhere they have difficulties in these subjects vis a vis physics, chemistry and Biology. I was really on fire then. lol.

Gradually the examination day came, I took my bath, ate, and I was ready to go to my centre. I then proceeded to take my photo card where I securely kept it inside a well secure file, because we will use it as a passport to sit for the exam and identification too. Alas, my photo card was nowhere to be found. I ransacked the whole house, I could not find it. I cried, I prayed, all these could not produced my photo card.

I went to the examination centre to tell d supervisor if they will considered me and allow me write the exam, but I met d opposite,I was chased out of the examination hall. I almost ran mad that day, a lot of thought was coming to my mind to commit suicide.

Thank God for my mum of her blessed memory who consoled me despite labouring to find the exam money for me. She kept her eyes on me throughout that week, she gave me pounded yam and encouraged me to keep pressing on.

She went the following week to obtain Lautech predegree form for me. Then, I have not heard about Lautech. She was my pillar and saving angel who prevented me from doing the unthinkable. RIP mummy
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by kristana(f): 9:11am On Mar 18, 2020
Aladdin1:
A Great fool!!. See as She be like BambiAllah!!. People wey graduate taytay na wetin Certificate do for dem?. Idiots wey they cause Sorrow and Pain to their Parents.Mtcheww...!!!

As innn...who degree help...
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Jms85(m): 9:12am On Mar 18, 2020
meekparagon:
Student commited suicide after seeing her jamb score. Left note for her parents and friends.
eyah!!I remember wanting to do same if I had failed my sixth waec....but God gave me victory at last......today am a graduate and abt going fr masters...pls neva giv up...

1 Like

Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by OmoOshodi(m): 9:12am On Mar 18, 2020
GOFRONT:
Where is ??
DOA
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by danuzochukwu: 9:12am On Mar 18, 2020
So sad we lost such a brilliant and beautiful girl for nothing. It's a high time parents stop putting unnecessary pressure on their kids because of their failure in exams, because their is always room for improvement, encourage and praise them when they fail and also when they excel. By doing that you relief them of pressure that would later metamorphosed to depression then finally thinking of committing suicide.
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Aladdin1(m): 9:18am On Mar 18, 2020
kristana:

As innn...who degree help...
The thing tire me bro.
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by SoNature(m): 9:18am On Mar 18, 2020
millionboi2:
Nonsense

Ppl like u don't suppose to advice,well u wrote base on ur age.

I don't think you have sense

You should have shown me the better advice from you
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by TruthHurts100: 9:20am On Mar 18, 2020
Failed government. They make you feel without education you can't make it. They made is compulsory that without JAMB you can't go anywhere in life. Why can't universities be allowed to screen the students? Just because of the Billions they make every year from these innocent children.

If you don't know, they will deliberately fail you. If all the millions of students writing the useless jamb passed, will the useless universities in Nigeria contain them?
And as the universities are graduating half-baked graduates year in year out, do we have enough institutions to employ them?

You children better go and learn a handiwork. Education in Nigeria is a scam. It can't take you anywhere.
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Bimpe29: 9:21am On Mar 18, 2020
Never will 2 wrongs make a right. Too bad of her.
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Norabay(f): 9:21am On Mar 18, 2020
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Gleefreak125(m): 9:21am On Mar 18, 2020
Say you no know book no mean say you no know other things. At least you sabi ball. Wetin you wan those way never even discover their talent do after when dem fail JAMB? Suicide can never be the way.
Say no to suicide.

RIP Lil one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Female US Teacher Had Sex With Boy, 13, In Classroom & Even Moved Into His Home / Unilag studies thread / Bnaira: Former UNILAG's Richest Boy (Then Vs Now Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.