Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,911 members, 7,814,076 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Coronavirus: US Government To Pay Citizens $1tn in cash - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Coronavirus: US Government To Pay Citizens $1tn in cash (2292 Views)

President Ghani Fled Kabul With $169million In Cash: Ambassador Demands Arrest / CoronaVirus: US Group Says Coronavirus Is Bioweapon / Coronavirus: US has Potential to become new Coronavirus Epicenter: WHO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: US Government To Pay Citizens $1tn in cash by Kingspin(m): 10:39pm On Mar 17, 2020
US Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin says he supports sending money directly to Americans as part of a $1tn (£830bn) stimulus aimed at averting an economic crisis caused by the coronavirus.

"We're looking at sending cheques to Americans immediately," he said.

The $250bn (£207bn) in cheques are part of a huge aid package which the White House is discussing with Congress.
It follows widespread school and shop closures as the number of coronavirus cases in the US passes 5,200 people.

The US has been debating how to provide relief as activity grinds to a halt in response to curfews and other measures intended to slow the spread of the virus.

A $1tn aid package - roughly the size of the entire UK budget - would be larger than the US response to the 2008 financial crisis, amounting to nearly a quarter of what the US federal government spent last year.

In addition to the $250bn in cheques for families, the plan includes a bailout for airlines and hotels, among other measures. The proposal must be approved by Congress to move forward.
Separate from the $1tn package, Mr Mnuchin said the government would also allow companies and individuals to delay their tax payments for 90 days.

"We look forward to having bipartisan support to pass this legislation very quickly," he said.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-51932403

https://www.google.com/amp/s/citizentv.co.ke/news/coronavirus-france-suspends-rent-and-utility-bills-owed-by-small-companies-326792/%3famp
Re: Coronavirus: US Government To Pay Citizens $1tn in cash by Mysticwebb: 10:42pm On Mar 17, 2020
See better country with responsible leader.

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: US Government To Pay Citizens $1tn in cash by ignis: 10:42pm On Mar 17, 2020
Are you thinking what I am thinking ?

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: US Government To Pay Citizens $1tn in cash by johnmartus(m): 10:45pm On Mar 17, 2020
Good country they treat their people like eggs. Virus is not hit us yet a governor was seeing begging poor people for donations.

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: US Government To Pay Citizens $1tn in cash by Quietly(m): 10:46pm On Mar 17, 2020
What,,are u kidding me,mtswwww this country don tire me,,,make i japa abeg, this is going to front page,,,,...
Re: Coronavirus: US Government To Pay Citizens $1tn in cash by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 17, 2020
This is what they Call Working Government!
Re: Coronavirus: US Government To Pay Citizens $1tn in cash by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 17, 2020
Ok

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US Government To Pay Citizens $1tn in cash by Nbote(m): 11:02pm On Mar 17, 2020
And dis useless ones here are trying to use dis as an opportunity to devalue d naira and increase pump price of petrol
Re: Coronavirus: US Government To Pay Citizens $1tn in cash by bestpunterever: 11:03pm On Mar 17, 2020
see better people
Re: Coronavirus: US Government To Pay Citizens $1tn in cash by Tookool(m): 11:09pm On Mar 17, 2020
Nigeria doesn't not have such capacity ....we still borrow to fund projects.
Re: Coronavirus: US Government To Pay Citizens $1tn in cash by GamalNasser: 11:13pm On Mar 17, 2020
The US is paying it's citizens but Buhari wants to remove a non existent petrol subsidy at this time because of the same Corona
Re: Coronavirus: US Government To Pay Citizens $1tn in cash by funmike83(f): 11:16pm On Mar 17, 2020
Buhari is a curse fa
Re: Coronavirus: US Government To Pay Citizens $1tn in cash by lagdmark(m): 11:28pm On Mar 17, 2020
In Nigeria the federal, state, and local government officials and politicians are busy fighting for positions for 2023 elections which some of are not even sure that they see 2023.
Today the news are all about APC /Oshiomole/cabals. Citizens welfare and protection is secondary.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US Government To Pay Citizens $1tn in cash by Nobody: 11:36pm On Mar 17, 2020
You people should remind them I'm an American citizen o.

In fact, all of us on Nairaland, except zombies, are American citizens.

Shey I dey talk Una mind so?

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: US Government To Pay Citizens $1tn in cash by Mosthandsomeboy(m): 12:30am On Mar 18, 2020
USA is the best country in the world....
True or false

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: US Government To Pay Citizens $1tn in cash by Earlystar698(m): 12:40am On Mar 18, 2020
That Money is more than Nigeria total budget... God deliver us from this Chinese Virus And let scientist, physicians and the rest of them see the cure of this virus before this month end Amen

God you never disappoint and I know you will never disappoint...
Re: Coronavirus: US Government To Pay Citizens $1tn in cash by Nobody: 12:43am On Mar 18, 2020
Mosthandsomeboy:
USA is the best country in the world....
True or false
Until you state your reasons, my answer is "false".
Re: Coronavirus: US Government To Pay Citizens $1tn in cash by Nobody: 12:56am On Mar 18, 2020
GOD'S OWN COUNTRY

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: US Government To Pay Citizens $1tn in cash by tatatar: 1:03am On Mar 18, 2020
Mosthandsomeboy:
[s]USA is the best country in the world....
True or false[/s]
Best country my foot
Amongst western nations the USA is quite behind
Re: Coronavirus: US Government To Pay Citizens $1tn in cash by tatatar: 1:07am On Mar 18, 2020
GamalNasser:
The US is paying it's citizens but Buhari wants to remove a non existent petrol subsidy at this time because of the same Corona
You want Buhari to pay you? From which money?
$1trillion is like three decades of our entire budget.
Re: Coronavirus: US Government To Pay Citizens $1tn in cash by BlackfireX: 1:12am On Mar 18, 2020
How much will buhari pay us in Nigeria?
Re: Coronavirus: US Government To Pay Citizens $1tn in cash by GamalNasser: 1:18am On Mar 18, 2020
tatatar:

You want Buhari to pay you? From which money?
$1trillion is like three decades of our entire budget.

Where did I say he should pay me ? I am saying this is not the time to increase the price of petrol that Buhari is planning
Re: Coronavirus: US Government To Pay Citizens $1tn in cash by edo3(m): 1:22am On Mar 18, 2020
Chai,, wetin i still dey do for this aghenebode?
Re: Coronavirus: US Government To Pay Citizens $1tn in cash by Nobody: 1:26am On Mar 18, 2020
PDP don steal naija future for ther next 60 yrs.
Re: Coronavirus: US Government To Pay Citizens $1tn in cash by Nobody: 1:27am On Mar 18, 2020
Mysticwebb:
See better country with responsible leader.
blame ur leaders that looted ur country unrepentantly and shamelessly for 16 yrs and above. u wan make govt pay u, wit which money beta go collect u & awol1 go collect una share from diezani
Re: Coronavirus: US Government To Pay Citizens $1tn in cash by Nobody: 1:28am On Mar 18, 2020
Nbote:
And dis useless one is looking trying to use dis as an opportunity to devalue d naira and increase pump price of petrol
nairaland number one mumu don post again o. miscreant . as pdp dey chop n steal ur future, u dey blind dem abi na Buhari be ur problem. dey use ha head some times na, nbote tongue
Re: Coronavirus: US Government To Pay Citizens $1tn in cash by Nobody: 1:30am On Mar 18, 2020
Awol1:
You people should remind them I'm an American citizen o.

In fact, all of us on Nairaland, except zombies, are American citizens.

Shey I dey talk Una mind so?
d allawee increment wey pmb giv me and u, wey ur pdp thief no give u for almost 20yrs no make u happy still. if u eva collect dat allawee from pmb, e go shook u for throat. ungrateful corper wee wee 4 bodi
Re: Coronavirus: US Government To Pay Citizens $1tn in cash by Nobody: 1:47am On Mar 18, 2020
IWTBAB:
d allawee increment wey pmb giv me and u, wey ur pdp thief no give u for almost 20yrs no make u happy still. if u eva collect dat allawee from pmb, e go shook u for throat. ungrateful corper wee wee 4 bodi

Ignored.
Re: Coronavirus: US Government To Pay Citizens $1tn in cash by Mysticwebb: 1:47am On Mar 18, 2020
IWTBAB:
blame ur leaders that looted ur country unrepentantly and shamelessly fot 16 yrs and above
As if Nigeria is 16yrs old. If you want to be dumb just add the 5yrs of this administration to your stereotype mindset or has mindless looting stopped?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US Government To Pay Citizens $1tn in cash by Nobody: 1:49am On Mar 18, 2020
IWTBAB:

Imagine.

So, by implication, you are prepared to blame PDP for the next 60 years?

And you think your sanity is intact like this?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: US Government To Pay Citizens $1tn in cash by Mysticwebb: 1:50am On Mar 18, 2020
IWTBAB:
And where are those who stole in PDP? They are now in APC. Miraculously, in your mind stealing has stopped.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US Government To Pay Citizens $1tn in cash by nabiz(m): 1:57am On Mar 18, 2020
Kingspin:
US Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin says he supports sending money directly to Americans as part of a $1tn (£830bn) stimulus aimed at averting an economic crisis caused by the coronavirus.

"We're looking at sending cheques to Americans immediately," he said.

The $250bn (£207bn) in cheques are part of a huge aid package which the White House is discussing with Congress.
It follows widespread school and shop closures as the number of coronavirus cases in the US passes 5,200 people.

The US has been debating how to provide relief as activity grinds to a halt in response to curfews and other measures intended to slow the spread of the virus.

A $1tn aid package - roughly the size of the entire UK budget - would be larger than the US response to the 2008 financial crisis, amounting to nearly a quarter of what the US federal government spent last year.

In addition to the $250bn in cheques for families, the plan includes a bailout for airlines and hotels, among other measures. The proposal must be approved by Congress to move forward.
Separate from the $1tn package, Mr Mnuchin said the government would also allow companies and individuals to delay their tax payments for 90 days.

"We look forward to having bipartisan support to pass this legislation very quickly," he said.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-51932403

https://www.google.com/amp/s/citizentv.co.ke/news/coronavirus-france-suspends-rent-and-utility-bills-owed-by-small-companies-326792/%3famp
oh God! Our eternal father, pls do not allowed this sickness to enter our country. You know that we don't have leaders. If you allow this sickness to enter this country, we will all perish. Pls forgive us our sin, this is my pray in Jesus name, I amen.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

IDF Shares Proof Of Hamas Concealing Launchers In Mosques (pics) / 2017 Most Expensive Cities To Live, London Falls 18 Places Since Brexit. / How Iran Plans To Respond If Attack By Bully U.S.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.