Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,749 members, 7,813,459 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? (37073 Views)

NIMC: National ID Card Replacement Costs N5,000 / National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC / Ambode Dumps His APC ID Card, Makes Himself Unreachable To The Party Chairman. V (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by DenreleDave(m): 1:36pm On Mar 18, 2020
Chamber2000:
How can you have igbo friends offline and come online to insult the same Igbos. Don't you think it's so low of you?

Think about it. You are better than this

Bros.. Ur igbo people do more than this and they call it online rant..

I think I will stop this sef, it kinda affecting my relationship with igbo people oooo.. I think I will steer off tribal post from henceforth, I can't let sumone corrupt my good thoughts.
Thanks anyway

Proud Oduduwa anambrian grin
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by praiseneo(m): 1:37pm On Mar 18, 2020
I went to uba yesterday to upgrade my bank acct with my national ID card and utility bill they are telling me the machine they use in confirming national ID card is not available except I bring passport drivers license or voters card which I don’t have, my passport since last September I never collect an till now for ibadan. And there is money in the account which was mistakenly deposited beyond the limit with just 50k. Pls what will I do
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 18, 2020
no internet
no plastic for card
no paper to print slip
no ink for printer
but space for settlement to give me whatsapp screenshot of my NIN

this is how corruption at all levels destroys countries, no more no less.

2 Likes

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Naijaarchive(m): 1:48pm On Mar 18, 2020
What's the cost of obtaining a passport...
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by SincerreLemmore: 1:48pm On Mar 18, 2020
SincerreLemmore:
The ID is being delayed till when it's going to be useful

They need to link all your datas together and link all you banks together
And include your biometrics

And even insert microchip Which you can use at am ATM
You should be getting it before the year runs out
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Chamberlin1983(m): 1:49pm On Mar 18, 2020
I blame it totally on the government. If our government is resposible then issues of such should not take days at all. And i dont think this people are been checked. I got enrolled since 2015 till today i am yet to get mine. I also learnt that if you need yours,the easy way is paying a token. So i learnt o.
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by GistFullGround: 1:53pm On Mar 18, 2020

Every time, there is ALWAYS a delay in everything in Nigeria...

Fraudulent bunch!

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Chamber2000: 1:59pm On Mar 18, 2020
DenreleDave:

Bros.. Ur igbo people do more than this and they call it online rant..

I think I will stop this sef, it kinda affecting my relationship with igbo people oooo.. I think I will steer off tribal post from henceforth, I can't let sumone corrupt my good thoughts.
Thanks anyway

Proud Oduduwa anambrian grin
The igbos and Yorubas here are bunch of tribalist who can get dirty for some dirty dick measurement that won't add anything to their life. The two groups are to blame here with Seun using their differences to generate traffic.

It was crazy here back in 2014 -15. I've been a part of the madness then and it just drained my energy uneccasirly. At the height of it I had more than 20 accounts that we used to infiltrate and get information about the other group.

Today I see it as a wasted effort and I don't want you to toe that line.

1 Like

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Meritocracy: 2:02pm On Mar 18, 2020
We can never get reasonable ID card because of insecurity sponsored by high placed people. As far as we get valid ID linked to our BVN security issue is solved. Don't forget, insecurity is multibillion business for some people in Nigeria. If you know you know.
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by TeeSure: 2:02pm On Mar 18, 2020
apach4ever:
The reason behind the delay is simple economics. The cards are of the prepaid variety and a bank thought it would be good business for them to corner the market and partner with NIMC to issue the cards alone and bear the cost of production. The thinking was that if every Nigerian gets the card and loads it with just N1,000 they will suddenly have N200bn in additional deposits.

Instead of them to partner with other banks, they wanted to reap the potential benefits alone. Unfortunately, once the initial batch of cards were produced, Nigerians used them only as a form of ID and did not load funds on them or use them as payment cards from where transaction fees can be charged so the poor bank had a deep hole in their pocket with no benefit so they stopped producing.

Now other banks having seen that the business doesn't make sense are wary to take up the mandate with NIMC which is why NIMC also announced that once your card expires, it will cost N1,000 to replace it.

My take is simple, NIMC should charge anyone that wants the physical card for the cost of production because it will be hard to find any bank that will willingly do Father Christmas in this day and age especially when even NIMC's account is with CBN's TSA.

Very Reasonable answer

1 Like

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Chamberlin1983(m): 2:02pm On Mar 18, 2020
Is that the reason why it delays for more than 5years?

1 Like

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by suco01(m): 2:04pm On Mar 18, 2020
helinues:
In Nigeria, it is advisable to obtain Nigeria passport than wasting time in applying for National ID card that may never arrive.

ATM is only useful for moneytary transaction.. Not a show of identity

With your passport, is a visa to most things locally

To obtain that passport now you will need NIN slip/Number
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by DenreleDave(m): 2:12pm On Mar 18, 2020
Chamber2000:
The igbos and Yorubas here are bunch of tribalist who can get dirty for some dirty dick measurement that won't add anything to their life. The two groups are to blame here with Seun using their differences to generate traffic.

It was crazy here back in 2014 -15. I've been a part of the madness then and it just drained my energy uneccasirly. At the height of it I had more than 20 accounts that we used to infiltrate and get information about the other group.

I wunt again.. Thanks

Ehn that bank statement..... I can do it for, but first what and what is involve pls.

Make. I hustle first
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Edoziesmart(m): 2:19pm On Mar 18, 2020
DenreleDave:
Did mine since 2015 Dec... No pekem till now.

Obiano and kerosene sharing governor has embezzled the whole money for national ID card to build anambra.....

Mind you, I am from Enugu, deep Enugu girl okay... So I know what am saying

I am more igbotic than u.. So don't claim igbo and say I am wrong

You sent me DM and I replied.
Yet to get your feedback
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by nedekid: 2:22pm On Mar 18, 2020
YorubaKinging:
The ID is being delayed till when it's going to be useful

They need to link all your datas together and link all you banks together
And include your biometrics

And even insert microchip Which you can use at am ATM
You should be getting it before the year runs out
After 4 years and outdated or expired?
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by brightology3: 2:25pm On Mar 18, 2020
Citytrend:
I got my new Atm Card within hours and my National ID card in 4 years.

My question is among these two cards which is more Complex and sensitive?

Do You Blame it on government incompetence or Technology?
please help me out. I went LG secretariat today to collect my colored print out I was told to pay 500 to remita.

Although I didn't do the registration here but in another state and I didn't come with the back and white copy but I they were able to get my info through my phone number.

Is the 500 for reissuing or payment for national ID
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by nedekid: 2:26pm On Mar 18, 2020
TeeSure:

Very Reasonable answer
Why must the card expire?

1 Like

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by nedekid: 2:31pm On Mar 18, 2020
Chamber2000:

Just like BBQ man that has hundreds of account. When he writes trash only him will give himself 100likes thinking he is fooling folks and not himself.
Nigger has been quite lately, guess he too has either drained out, his allowance not paid, his palasa phone don spoil or he has received small sense.
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by dallyemmy: 2:31pm On Mar 18, 2020
When purpose is not known, abuse is inevitable.

1 Like

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by nextstep(m): 2:35pm On Mar 18, 2020
Citytrend:
I got my new Atm Card within hours and my National ID card in 4 years.
My question is among these two cards which is more Complex and sensitive?
Do You Blame it on government incompetence or Technology?

OP, do you really have to ask? If there had been any technology needed to make air, we would have all suffocated. Basic water we can't sanitize and distribute to people, talk less of ID cards that even small schools in US can print without delay.

1 Like

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Tongsman(m): 2:39pm On Mar 18, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

They say without the ID card you cant get the passport so which way ?
Lies, the paper slip is enough, only your NIN is required.
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Jaqenhghar: 2:42pm On Mar 18, 2020
Tongsman:

Lies, the paper slip is enough, only your NIN is required.
Oga no be me talk am nah. Na wetin I read for newspaper thats why I used terms like "they say". If you go give me correct information abeg do am gently. No be fight

1 Like

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Ebisinclair: 3:19pm On Mar 18, 2020
The card is not as important as the NIN slip that is issued after successful enrolment and the reason is not far fetched its because of the nin which would not be on the card. Should you have any transaction anywhere (immigrations, bank name it, the requirement is you present your nin slip (D customized paper) not the plastic card.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by tuyi19: 3:39pm On Mar 18, 2020
i think they should the policy behind this NIN mine is since 2014 till date.

is a shame!! Nigeria
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by mildflame: 3:40pm On Mar 18, 2020
How many years now
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Chamber2000: 3:53pm On Mar 18, 2020
DenreleDave:

I wunt again.. Thanks

Ehn that bank statement..... I can do it for, but first what and what is involve pls.

Make. I hustle first
I needed it to help a friend process his travel plans last year. I got someone from here who was of a great help with good charges
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Skodiswayze(m): 3:56pm On Mar 18, 2020
Me too, since 2013

Welrez:
This makes it seven years since I did mine, but I am still waiting for it.
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by churchee: 4:11pm On Mar 18, 2020
Centcanada:
I have not done my own ooo. Where can I do mind please?

Don't you have NIMC oofice around you? And why will you even waste your time registering for National ID Card when it won't be ready by 2030?
I applied February, 2014. This is March, 2020. Do the maths.
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Ukalu381(m): 4:16pm On Mar 18, 2020
Starboytwo:
na you useless

Sharaap jor look around and see what's useful
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Adex2442: 4:33pm On Mar 18, 2020
It does not take America upto a week to produce SSN and states ID. But it's taking Nigeria thousands of years.. Wat pains me most is the NIN slip is not accepted on international related matters. It's just a paper. Wen u open an account with the NIN slip, it takes a week or more than for yr account number to show up. But wen u open a bank account with the plastic ID card, yr account number is released instantly.

So my people u can see that the NIN slip is just a piece of paper
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Adex2442: 4:37pm On Mar 18, 2020
Ebisinclair:
The card is not as important as the NIN slip that is issued after successful enrolment and the reason is not far fetched its because of the nin which would not be on the card. Should you have any transaction anywhere (immigrations, bank name it, the requirement is you present your nin slip (D customized paper) not the plastic card.

the NIN slip is a garbage. It is not accepted on international related matters. It's just a paper. Wen u open an account with the NIN slip, it takes a week or more than for yr account number to show up. But wen u open a bank account with the plastic ID card, yr account number is released instantly.
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by yesloaded: 4:38pm On Mar 18, 2020
dayolove:

That must be the old ID project you are referring to as this present one is not upto 12 years old. it started in 2012. so you need to go register the new one
Yeah, I was referring to old one

I stopped going there after they told me I need to register again for new ID card. I tried to register that day but they told me I need to come back at a later date

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This Is The Ajegunle CNN Won't Show You / Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again / A Cold-Blooded Beast Called Isa Pantami By Femi Fani-Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.