Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,903 members, 7,828,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

What Have You Bought This Year That Was A Waste Of Money? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Have You Bought This Year That Was A Waste Of Money? (1503 Views)

Woman Sleep On The Streets After Husband's Imprisonment, Due To Lack Of Money... / Is This A Waste? She Gets Moody Each Time We Met / I Just Bought This Refrigerator....please I Need Your Candid Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Have You Bought This Year That Was A Waste Of Money? by NwaAmakpe: 8:27am On Mar 19, 2020
Due to my occupation i really needed stable electricity for my laptop. The idea of getting a laptop powerbank popped in my head. So I came here on nairaland to seek advice about it. Unfortunately I met someone unscrupulous elements here that misled me. They told me it lasts up to 3 to 5days when charged for just two hours. I quickly rushed from ibadan to computer village. I ransacked the whole village but to no avail. Then I employed two guys to help me check everywhere so they found one store for me. The way them package this powerbank you go think say na transformer. I was excited seeing it and the previous store we went told us the stuff is scarce in Nigeria. I had to purchase it for 35k without much pricing. It was packaged in a brief case and I carried it like a chief. The capacity was 68800 mAh. Then I got home charged it and then on the 3rd day was when I needed it. When nepa took light I hissed and said nothing do me, then u plugged my mighty and able powerbank and with excitement I started working. Lo and behold the power bank was the perfect definition of a 40seconds man. It didn't last up to 10minutes before battery low. I almost ran mad. Mo kigbe owo wo gbooooo. I am now in severe pains. I couldn't sleep imagine a 25yo boy losing 38k(with tfare) in this buhari next level. I couldn't sleep. Please share your story if you have similar story.

DISCLAIMER:
This is not the famous Nairalander called NwaAmaikpe. This is just a parody account.

7 Likes

Re: What Have You Bought This Year That Was A Waste Of Money? by kelvinhilton(m): 8:33am On Mar 19, 2020
Well, we are battling covid19, with possible Economy melt down..

My regret was not leaving the country...

Call for your Tyre inflator... 09095233878

Re: What Have You Bought This Year That Was A Waste Of Money? by Sabby1(m): 8:42am On Mar 19, 2020
kelvinhilton:

My regret was not leaving the country.
Leave Nigeria to where exactly?
Citizens of our most appreciated countries are wishing to be in Nigeria at this point in time

Corona virus disease pandemic have the world on standstill, so where exactly did you wanted going to?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Bought This Year That Was A Waste Of Money? by kelvinhilton(m): 8:47am On Mar 19, 2020
Sabby1:

Leave Nigeria to where exactly?
Citizens of our most appreciated countries are wishing to be in Nigeria at this point in time

Corona virus disease pandemic have the world on standstill, so where exactly did you wanted going to?

If you have forgotten, let me remind you, Nigeria is also not spared from the corona virus pandemic.

It's better I am in a clime where my health is being taken seriously, than in a country where the government tries to conceal the total number of infected persons, for their selfish interest.

3 Likes

Re: What Have You Bought This Year That Was A Waste Of Money? by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:05am On Mar 19, 2020
Good morning cornflakes. Haven’t touched it since January. Don’t know how I accidentally picked that instead of Kellogg’s.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Bought This Year That Was A Waste Of Money? by NwaAmakpe: 9:34am On Mar 19, 2020
PrimadonnaO:
Good morning cornflakes. Haven’t touched it since January. Don’t know how I accidentally picked that instead of Kellogg’s.
That one is still okay. just a 1000 bucks at most

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Bought This Year That Was A Waste Of Money? by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 19, 2020
US Dollars. I bought dollars on Thursday at N418 only to see the USD back down to N377 on Friday morning. Lost N41 overnight on each dollar I bought.

Oh well, you win some you lose some.

3 Likes

Re: What Have You Bought This Year That Was A Waste Of Money? by bukatyne(f): 10:16am On Mar 19, 2020
I bought unsweet and unripe mangoes after having a high expectation. undecided

Would need to seek the other seller I got the older batch from.
Re: What Have You Bought This Year That Was A Waste Of Money? by cococandy(f): 10:16am On Mar 19, 2020
That’s Donald Trumps America right now.

Don’t believe the internet
kelvinhilton:

If you have forgotten, let me remind you, Nigeria is also not spared from the corona virus pandemic.

It's better I am in a clime where my health is being taken seriously, than in a country where the government tries to conceal the total number of infected persons, for their selfish interest.

5 Likes

Re: What Have You Bought This Year That Was A Waste Of Money? by Winneygirl(f): 10:16am On Mar 19, 2020
Bought some meat to keep in the Freezer.
PHCN decided to do their work.
I have not bought any meat since then.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Bought This Year That Was A Waste Of Money? by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 19, 2020
Office equipment.
Re: What Have You Bought This Year That Was A Waste Of Money? by cococandy(f): 10:19am On Mar 19, 2020
What have I bought that I regretted? I always buy stupid stuff. grin
Where will I start counting my regret from? I don’t regret anything anymore.
On the light side, we might all die soon anyway. What’s the point?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Bought This Year That Was A Waste Of Money? by Sabby1(m): 11:42am On Mar 19, 2020
kelvinhilton:

Being in Nigeria at this point in time is a grace, take it or leave it

1 Like

Re: What Have You Bought This Year That Was A Waste Of Money? by Sexyliciousbri: 12:20pm On Mar 19, 2020
A Samsung tablet It was slow and incredibly loud. It overheated, crashed, randomly quit working, and had tons of other problems.
Re: What Have You Bought This Year That Was A Waste Of Money? by faithfull18(f): 12:29pm On Mar 19, 2020
grin grin
Re: What Have You Bought This Year That Was A Waste Of Money? by Amanee(f): 12:45pm On Mar 19, 2020
One red heels for NGN500 in Oshodi b/stop... Haven't worn it once and don't think I will with the way it's looking right now

Money that I'd have used to eat sharwarma mtcheeew!

Speaking of sharwarma...

I bought one in Ozone cinemas Yaba the other day... NGN1300 for the most brittle and unappetizingly flavourless Sharwarma I'd ever tasted on God's good earth.

That has to be the waste of the year.

5 Likes

Re: What Have You Bought This Year That Was A Waste Of Money? by Mizwisdom(f): 5:03pm On Mar 19, 2020
kelvinhilton:

My regret was not leaving the country...

Call for your Tyre inflator... 09095233878

You would have left to Wuhan na. I pity the person that will patronise you

1 Like

Re: What Have You Bought This Year That Was A Waste Of Money? by LadySarah: 5:07pm On Mar 19, 2020
Several post Ebf baby CEREALS and formula .
All of them opened and unused cos baby don't want them.

He just wants Swallows grin grin grin.

5 Likes

Re: What Have You Bought This Year That Was A Waste Of Money? by cococandy(f): 5:31pm On Mar 19, 2020
What a lovely perfect baby cheesy.
LadySarah:
Several post Ebf baby CEREALS and formula .
All of them opened and unused cos baby don't want them.

He just wants Swallows grin grin grin.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Bought This Year That Was A Waste Of Money? by 24kmagic: 5:56pm On Mar 19, 2020
Who else viewed this thread thinking it's our foul mouthed NwaAmaikpe?
Re: What Have You Bought This Year That Was A Waste Of Money? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 19, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

My kids actually like it. grin
Re: What Have You Bought This Year That Was A Waste Of Money? by Vyolet(f): 6:33pm On Mar 19, 2020
I bought a fine loafers for 8k, when I got back to my base, I tried to wear it after some weeks (not like I needed it initially), I found out it was too tight plus the leather had started peeling off.
I was angry at myself for wasting such money on the worthless thing.

2 Likes

Re: What Have You Bought This Year That Was A Waste Of Money? by LadySarah: 6:44pm On Mar 19, 2020
cococandy:
What a lovely perfect baby cheesy.

It is painful. we kept buying diff brands to suit his palate but... No wasting. That will be our family breakfast this covid stay at home period. grin grin grin
Re: What Have You Bought This Year That Was A Waste Of Money? by cococandy(f): 6:56pm On Mar 19, 2020
LadySarah:

It is painful. we kept buying diff brands to suit his palate but... No wasting. That will be our family breakfast this covid stay at home period. grin grin grin

Baby will be healthier eating from the general pot than all those manufactured baby food. Wish mine had that much appetite. Too picky .

2 Likes

Re: What Have You Bought This Year That Was A Waste Of Money? by adekzy: 7:10pm On Mar 19, 2020
cococandy:
Where will I start counting my regret? I don’t regret anything anymore.

The point is you get broke in the end!

1 Like

Re: What Have You Bought This Year That Was A Waste Of Money? by cassidy1996(m): 7:42pm On Mar 19, 2020
i bought one dell corei5 laptop for 50k sometime ago, after sometime the harddisk crash, many keys on the keyboard stopped functioning and the speakers died. e pain me nor be small. i will never buy anything tokunbor again....
Re: What Have You Bought This Year That Was A Waste Of Money? by NwaAmakpe: 10:09pm On Mar 19, 2020
Amanee:
One red heels for NGN500 in Oshodi b/stop... Haven't worn it once and don't think I will with the way it's looking right now

Money that I'd have used to eat sharwarma mtcheeew!

Speaking of sharwarma...

I bought one in Ozone cinemas Yaba the other day... NGN1300 for the most brittle and unappetizingly flavourless Sharwarma I'd ever tasted on God's good earth.

That has to be the waste of the year.
1300 for that matter.
Re: What Have You Bought This Year That Was A Waste Of Money? by Lamanii22(f): 11:32pm On Mar 19, 2020
NwaAmakpe:
Due to my occupation i really needed stable electricity for my laptop. The idea of getting a laptop powerbank popped in my head. So I came here on nairaland to seek advice about it. Unfortunately I met someone unscrupulous elements here that misled me. They told me it lasts up to 3 to 5days when charged for just two hours. I quickly rushed from ibadan to computer village. I ransacked the whole village but to no avail. Then I employed two guys to help me check everywhere so they found one store for me. The way them package this powerbank you go think say na transformer. I was excited seeing it and the previous store we went told us the stuff is scarce in Nigeria. I had to purchase it for 35k without much pricing. It was packaged in a brief case and I carried it like a chief. The capacity was 68800 mAh. Then I got home charged it and then on the 3rd day was when I needed it. When nepa took light I hissed and said nothing do me, then u plugged my mighty and able powerbank and with excitement I started working. Lo and behold the power bank was the perfect definition of a 40seconds man. It didn't last up to 10minutes before battery low. I almost ran mad. Mo kigbe owo wo gbooooo. I am now in severe pains. I couldn't sleep imagine a 25yo boy losing 38k(with tfare) in this buhari next level. I couldn't sleep. Please share your story if you have similar story.

DISCLAIMER:
This is not the famous Nairalander called NwaAmaikpe. This is just a parody account.

Hahahahaha the part where you typed "mo kigbe owo WO igboooo"... Really got me...

Losing money no matter how little can be so painful eehn... It just hit different...

1 Like

Re: What Have You Bought This Year That Was A Waste Of Money? by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:35pm On Mar 19, 2020
SBL28:

My kids actually like it. grin

Are you serious? Nobody likes it in my house. I must have been sleepwalking when I picked it.
Re: What Have You Bought This Year That Was A Waste Of Money? by Sixfeetbelle: 2:05am On Mar 20, 2020
I haven't really bought anything I regretted this year though, probably because I rarely buy new things. But I have an exception, lol. Bought china made laptop battery because I was worried about buying fake London used in place of genuine one. The battery stopped working after two weeks. I wanted to cry the day it happened.
Re: What Have You Bought This Year That Was A Waste Of Money? by Nobody: 11:27am On Mar 20, 2020
cococandy:
Where will I start counting my regret from? I don’t regret anything anymore.

Giant virus 2020
Re: What Have You Bought This Year That Was A Waste Of Money? by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 1:40pm On Mar 20, 2020
The way fake things have flooded the market is really worrisome. And the most painful part is buying the fake stuffs at the price for the originals.

These past few months have been HELL for procuring parts for my car. From fuel pump to clutch kit.

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Things To Do If Ur Hubby Cheat On U / Can An Adopted Son Marry His Sister? / Lady Catches Best Friend Naked At Her Husband's House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.