Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

Woman Sleep On The Streets After Husband's Imprisonment, Due To Lack Of Money... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Sleep On The Streets After Husband's Imprisonment, Due To Lack Of Money... (25960 Views)

Martha, The Pregnant Lady Commits Suicide After Husband Caught Her With A Pastor / Lady Empties The House After Husband Sent Her Packing (Photos) / I Fall Sick Due To Lack Of Sex In My Marriage – Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Sleep On The Streets After Husband's Imprisonment, Due To Lack Of Money... by DamnnNiggarr: 10:10am On Dec 24, 2023
Woman sleeps on the streets after husband's imprisonment, due to lack of money to pay for house rent

'I'm sleeping on London's streets because my ex went to prison and I couldn't afford the rent alone'

Ruth Rugintye, 29, said living on the street feels like an endless cycle you can't break out of

Ruth Rugintye, 29, was robbed of her money and passport

A 29-year-old woman is sleeping rough in East London after her ex-partner went to prison. Ruth Rugintye was unable to afford the rent by herself, so was evicted by her landlord three months ago.

Since then, Ruth has remained in Stratford and is forced to rely on the generosity of Londoners offering money as she sits outside the railway station. Ruth suffers from mental health issues, and says the anxiety of sleeping on the streets has made her suicidal.

Ruth feels very unsafe being homeless after she was attacked and robbed of her money and passport. "It’s very dangerous at night," she told MyLondon. "A few weeks ago I was beaten up as some guy punched me until I gave him my bag. At first I said no, but after he kept hitting me I thought it wasn't worth it anymore so just let him take it. I couldn't get back up again for a while. This has made it harder for me to trust people as we were just having a normal conversation when this suddenly happened."

Ruth said she is constantly cold, tired and sick,
Originally from Lithuania, the 29-year-old has had no help from her family which is also living in the UK. The first night she was pushed out onto the street, Ruth didn't have a proper winter coat as she braced cool temperatures with just a light jacket.

"Living on the street feels like an endless cycle you can't break out of. I'm constantly, cold, tired and sick. I get moved from my position by the police, but there’s nowhere else to really go. If I do something wrong that’s fine, arrest me - but where on earth will I go? The police are supposed to care for people, but it seems many are cold hearted towards homeless people."

A recent report from Shelter shows Newham has the biggest proportion of homeless people in England. A shocking rate of one in 20 people in the borough are without permanent accommodation. This data doesn't just include rough sleepers, as many homeless people survive in Travelodge hotel rooms, B&Bs and tiny bedsits. Soaring rents and the increasingly high cost of living has resulted in an 11 per cent in the number of homeless people in London.

London's homelessness epidemic in pictures that show sad reality of Christmas for many

Polly Neate, chief executive of Shelter, has described the situation as "out of control" as 167,000 people in London are now homeless. “Until the government takes this emergency seriously, our frontline services will do everything they can to help people keep or find a safe home this winter," she said. "It is only with the public’s support that we can continue to provide vital advice and support and fight for the solutions people want and need to end homelessness."

https://www.mylondon.news/news/east-london-news/im-sleeping-londons-streets-because-28337133

6 Likes

Re: Woman Sleep On The Streets After Husband's Imprisonment, Due To Lack Of Money... by DamnnNiggarr: 10:10am On Dec 24, 2023
shocked

1 Like

Re: Woman Sleep On The Streets After Husband's Imprisonment, Due To Lack Of Money... by searchng4love: 10:20am On Dec 24, 2023
Hmmm this shows people can be unfortunate anywhere in the world no matter your skin colour. May God sustain us continually... In Jesus name Amen

109 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Woman Sleep On The Streets After Husband's Imprisonment, Due To Lack Of Money... by Neptunium(m): 10:29am On Dec 24, 2023
She can't go to a homeless or women's shelter, or doesn't want to go to one?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Sleep On The Streets After Husband's Imprisonment, Due To Lack Of Money... by Mhizzard(m): 10:49am On Dec 24, 2023
You are still living luxurious life over there.come nigeria under bridge you will know what sup.however,why on earth would your parents neglect you?are you not their biological child?perhaps you didn't walk on the path they laid for you

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Sleep On The Streets After Husband's Imprisonment, Due To Lack Of Money... by Greenfaces: 11:03am On Dec 24, 2023
Life not easy

1 Like

Re: Woman Sleep On The Streets After Husband's Imprisonment, Due To Lack Of Money... by oluwaseyi0: 11:04am On Dec 24, 2023
Why is homeless such a big issue in the west far more than Nigeria? Yet with no solution in sight

Any small thing you are homeless, one of the reasons my then project manager refused to go back to the UK after completing his master in the UK

Dude claimed no matter what will happen to him in Nigeria there is no way he can sleep outside but the reverse is UK even with work you may still find yourself on the street

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Woman Sleep On The Streets After Husband's Imprisonment, Due To Lack Of Money... by nurex01(m): 11:04am On Dec 24, 2023
Ten is happening over there o.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Sleep On The Streets After Husband's Imprisonment, Due To Lack Of Money... by Scarrr: 11:04am On Dec 24, 2023
Lol

1 Like

Re: Woman Sleep On The Streets After Husband's Imprisonment, Due To Lack Of Money... by BloomingDale(f): 11:05am On Dec 24, 2023

1 Like

Re: Woman Sleep On The Streets After Husband's Imprisonment, Due To Lack Of Money... by BloomingDale(f): 11:05am On Dec 24, 2023
searchng4love:
Hmmm this shows people can be unfortunate anywhere in the world no matter your skin colour. May God sustain us continually... In Jesus name Amen

Imagine the insults if she were a Nigerian woman.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Sleep On The Streets After Husband's Imprisonment, Due To Lack Of Money... by Rumaysahh1: 11:05am On Dec 24, 2023
Very unfortunate

1 Like

Re: Woman Sleep On The Streets After Husband's Imprisonment, Due To Lack Of Money... by Agricmoney(m): 11:06am On Dec 24, 2023
wow

Anyway, Agriculture is life.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Sleep On The Streets After Husband's Imprisonment, Due To Lack Of Money... by b0rn2fuck(m): 11:06am On Dec 24, 2023
Lol but not funny, she doesn't have a relatives,friends and how is she feeding?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Sleep On The Streets After Husband's Imprisonment, Due To Lack Of Money... by Oboto700(m): 11:06am On Dec 24, 2023
She's cute.i don't need to read anything

3 Likes

Re: Woman Sleep On The Streets After Husband's Imprisonment, Due To Lack Of Money... by Greenfaces: 11:06am On Dec 24, 2023
searchng4love:
Exactly. But I think there are some jobs that available that she wouldn't want to take. And there are homes in cities she can afford with her job

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Sleep On The Streets After Husband's Imprisonment, Due To Lack Of Money... by Ahnii(f): 11:06am On Dec 24, 2023
Such a sad one.
Re: Woman Sleep On The Streets After Husband's Imprisonment, Due To Lack Of Money... by b0rn2fuck(m): 11:07am On Dec 24, 2023
Oboto700:
She's cute.i don't need to read anything
shift her pant, make you put pennis.. mchew

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Sleep On The Streets After Husband's Imprisonment, Due To Lack Of Money... by NoSmoking: 11:08am On Dec 24, 2023
Without a man

Some women can't live

They won't even know where to start

🤕

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Sleep On The Streets After Husband's Imprisonment, Due To Lack Of Money... by Watinhapen(m): 11:08am On Dec 24, 2023
Commit crime so they can take you to cell or prison. At least you will have shelter and food to eat there.

15 Likes

Re: Woman Sleep On The Streets After Husband's Imprisonment, Due To Lack Of Money... by sylve11: 11:08am On Dec 24, 2023
I have not seen anybody who won life at its game.

It deals with you in whatever way it likes.

But the beauty of life is that it's worth living. cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Sleep On The Streets After Husband's Imprisonment, Due To Lack Of Money... by chicoMX(m): 11:09am On Dec 24, 2023
It seems sshe doesn't have a job
Re: Woman Sleep On The Streets After Husband's Imprisonment, Due To Lack Of Money... by LagosG: 11:09am On Dec 24, 2023
Feminists will avoid this thread. Anything that validates and acknowledges the position of a man makes their collective skins crawl

12 Likes

Re: Woman Sleep On The Streets After Husband's Imprisonment, Due To Lack Of Money... by CHRISTFUCKER: 11:10am On Dec 24, 2023
Make she go back to her country
Re: Woman Sleep On The Streets After Husband's Imprisonment, Due To Lack Of Money... by hisexcellency34: 11:11am On Dec 24, 2023
Africans still have empathy, nobody cares about anyone abroad

4 Likes

Re: Woman Sleep On The Streets After Husband's Imprisonment, Due To Lack Of Money... by oluwaseyi0: 11:11am On Dec 24, 2023
b0rn2fuck:
Lol but not funny, she doesn't have a relatives,friends and how is she feeding?

Relative don't care about each other like we do here in Africa

22 Likes

Re: Woman Sleep On The Streets After Husband's Imprisonment, Due To Lack Of Money... by erniok(m): 11:12am On Dec 24, 2023
Mhizzard:
You are still living luxurious life over there.come nigeria under bridge you will know what sup.however,why on earth would your parents neglect you?are you not their biological child?perhaps you didn't walk on the path they laid for you
That side na jungle oh. You can't visit like we do here without prior notice and an assent.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Sleep On The Streets After Husband's Imprisonment, Due To Lack Of Money... by CalabarPikin: 11:12am On Dec 24, 2023
Did I just read "My ex"
Re: Woman Sleep On The Streets After Husband's Imprisonment, Due To Lack Of Money... by money121(m): 11:13am On Dec 24, 2023
God abeg
Re: Woman Sleep On The Streets After Husband's Imprisonment, Due To Lack Of Money... by MykellOni(m): 11:13am On Dec 24, 2023
Attendance: Present ✅️
Life happened to her., no matter how much you guys uphold feminism, the place of a man can never be replaced!

2 Likes

Re: Woman Sleep On The Streets After Husband's Imprisonment, Due To Lack Of Money... by Haydens: 11:14am On Dec 24, 2023
Let her come to my house and be consoled

Everything will be given to her. cool cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zimbabwe Man Kicked Out His Parents’ House By Wife To Make Way For Her Boyfriend / Bauchi Governor Marries A 4th Wife / Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.