Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,039 members, 7,821,578 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Nigerians Clearing Out Chloroquine From Stores After Trump's Comment - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerians Clearing Out Chloroquine From Stores After Trump's Comment (62714 Views)

Coronavirus: India Lifts Ban On Chloroquine Export After Trump's Threat / Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump / Coronavirus - BREAKING NEWS - Ordinary CHLOROQUINE Used To Treat & Even CURE it (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Clearing Out Chloroquine From Stores After Trump's Comment by lorhema(f): 12:48pm On Mar 20, 2020
AnanseK:

Chloroquine is not an Artemisinin-based mono therapy please

Thank you.
I was puzzled by the description. A member of my family reacts badly to artemisinin-based drugs but not to Chloroquine.
Re: Nigerians Clearing Out Chloroquine From Stores After Trump's Comment by mechanics(m): 12:56pm On Mar 20, 2020
Some Nigerians just like to take advantage of situations, why are they increasing the drugs when there is no issue to warrant the increase.
Re: Nigerians Clearing Out Chloroquine From Stores After Trump's Comment by sylve11: 12:57pm On Mar 20, 2020
fairfora:
that's my fear too. Nigerians are wonderful grin

Lol grin cool
Re: Nigerians Clearing Out Chloroquine From Stores After Trump's Comment by Nobody: 1:03pm On Mar 20, 2020
safarigirl:
my dear, the theory of natural selection will have to come into play right now. The stupid ones will naturally die off

Honestly. I am fed up with these dull guys.
Re: Nigerians Clearing Out Chloroquine From Stores After Trump's Comment by tunize(m): 1:04pm On Mar 20, 2020
See how ppl bring more problem to themselves. Jst imagine running to get chloroquine wen nothing is wrong with you, i can imagine the number of persons that are going to abuse the drugs and also the number of person that are going to buy fake one as well to consume.Ignorance too full this country and yet ppl go dey abuse president sey e nor know anything.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Clearing Out Chloroquine From Stores After Trump's Comment by miscellany(m): 1:07pm On Mar 20, 2020
ikorodureporta:

do u have Corona
Great question

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Clearing Out Chloroquine From Stores After Trump's Comment by Xmen149(m): 1:08pm On Mar 20, 2020
use dogonyaro instead (not for preg women)all natural,just for a while..then keep some on standby and go where you going

if u get the gbege drink the water or breath in the steam (soaked in hot water) to supplement your medication and thank me later...Google 'neem'
Re: Nigerians Clearing Out Chloroquine From Stores After Trump's Comment by burner44(m): 1:09pm On Mar 20, 2020
wman:
We need to be careful with these things.

Hydroxylchloroquine is different from Chloroquine Phosphate which is popular in Nigeria. Hydroxylchloroquine is less toxic and has fewer side effects than Chloroquine Phosphate.

No one has approved Chloroquine yet. It's still under testing. Trump jumped the gun with that statement. They later corrected him.

Our Chloroquine can still help sha. But be careful with it. Don't use it without a medical prescription.

And please, stay safe people. The availability of Chloroquine doesn't mean that you should still put yourself at risk not every one that used Chloroquine survived Coronavirus.

People older than 65 years of age are susceptible to death from the virus. People that are hypertensive, people with breathing and lung problems, people with an underlying health condition, people with weak immune systems, and people that are chain smokers will die easily from the virus.

And forget all that nonsense talk about Africans not dying from it. The Vice-President of Burkina Faso has died from the virus.
HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE was the one that was actually prescribed to the corona virus patients not Chloroquine
Re: Nigerians Clearing Out Chloroquine From Stores After Trump's Comment by connkg(m): 1:09pm On Mar 20, 2020
The Nigerian government focuses on chasing down something called "fake news". It assumes little to no responsibility for "no news" or "false news".
The American President has proven his veracity in the Iranian airliner case. He spoke and the price of Chloroquine has just gone up.
There are knowledgeable scientists in Nigeria. We need to hear more than awareness. Let knowledgeable people speak!
Re: Nigerians Clearing Out Chloroquine From Stores After Trump's Comment by obanla01(m): 1:23pm On Mar 20, 2020
You mean Nigeria chloroquinne?
Re: Nigerians Clearing Out Chloroquine From Stores After Trump's Comment by ChristianNorth: 1:25pm On Mar 20, 2020
safarigirl:
LOL

This is how you people willl self-medicate until you use your hand and kill yourself.

Be there, practicing suicide, thinking you're smart.

You no get Corona, you're not even sick, but you are buying an unprescribed drug, for what?

Some of you just went to school, but you are ignorant and clueless despite your education. You are parading foolishness with pride.
I am not the cause of your frustration fvck off.

Chloroquine is an anti-viral drug originally indicated for the cure of malaria. About 2500mg of this drug is acceptable dosage for the cure of malaria though it is nolonger effective for the cure of malaria.

500mg will not kill anybody.

Like I said, the drug is dangerous and should never be self -administered.
Re: Nigerians Clearing Out Chloroquine From Stores After Trump's Comment by XANDERBOY85: 1:25pm On Mar 20, 2020
Tajbol4splend:
Igbos and their negative ideas all in the name of being enterprising

Upon all that’s going on presently, this one is still obsessed with IPOB! wink
Re: Nigerians Clearing Out Chloroquine From Stores After Trump's Comment by XANDERBOY85: 1:29pm On Mar 20, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
Nigerians always overdoing things

Not just Nigerians! It’s a human-nature thing!

In London, you need to see grown ass men and women exchanging fisticuffs in the supermarkets and grocery stores over the last toilet-roll on the shelve! I kid you not! shocked
Re: Nigerians Clearing Out Chloroquine From Stores After Trump's Comment by Ghostmode2two(m): 1:30pm On Mar 20, 2020
DateMynd44:
are u Serious?
One then needs to get it before it is cleared completely.
Do u know how much is it and how to get the effective one?
Also how about the dosage while taking it since it's self medication

Don't panic baba. chloroquine do not cure coronavirus. Donald Trump only said the drug is being tried clinically. I don't know what's wrong with Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Clearing Out Chloroquine From Stores After Trump's Comment by burner44(m): 1:34pm On Mar 20, 2020
CharlesCLloyd:

Guys trust corona is just like the advanced type of malaria.i had same symptoms of it to be honest.
I couldn’t breathe, my eyes were swollen, my head was banging, my body was so hot, I was really weak, and ribs and chest hurt, I couldn’t taste. I’m just so happy dads a pharmacist. He prescribed drugs for me( malaria drug, chloroquine, paracetamol, cipro, ampiclox) I took all. 7 hours later I felt nothing, but I am to complete all) all I have is slight head ache, I can walk, do chores now, even typing atm. This all happened when I went to get my national ID from somewhere I can’t mention. Pls run away from crowds, stay at home pls. This can kill a young child and even the old. Stay safe brother/sister. Na only fr naija wey pesin no go hear word. There are so many people out there that has the disease in lagos alone. #stayathome
God heals
#stayathome

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Clearing Out Chloroquine From Stores After Trump's Comment by babyfaceafrica: 1:35pm On Mar 20, 2020
XANDERBOY85:

Not just Nigerians! It’s a human-nature thing!

In London, you need to see grown ass men and women exchanging fisticuffs in the supermarkets and grocery stores over the last toilet-roll on the shelve! I kid you not! shocked
Oga ó.. It is well.. Las las we go dey alright
Re: Nigerians Clearing Out Chloroquine From Stores After Trump's Comment by OChimex: 1:35pm On Mar 20, 2020
ChristianNorth:
At Ikeja yesterday, before my eyes, chloroquine sold out. They started rushing the syrup and it also sold out before it gets to my turn.

I drove to the next pharmacy and was only able to get one.

I see why........

But shebi you follow people wey dey talk dem wan go heaven, why una dey fear like this

lol

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Clearing Out Chloroquine From Stores After Trump's Comment by ChristianNorth: 1:38pm On Mar 20, 2020
burner44:

I thought it was only me i had terrible feeling similar to yours last week, i took hydroxychloroquine, ampiclox, paracetamol and ibuprofen. I self-isolated, people who i spoke to said i was overeacting but to God I've gotten better. I'm not in Lagos by the way
#stayathome
Ibuprofen is a dangerous drug to patients with respiratory diseases. It is not good for people with corona virus (WHO)

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Clearing Out Chloroquine From Stores After Trump's Comment by ChristianNorth: 1:42pm On Mar 20, 2020
OChimex:

But why were you so desperate to get one?

Did you contract Covid19?

Lol.

I am currently in Lagos and you don't know the rate of community transmission there yet.

I just mine, for safe keeping.

Just took 2 tablets to see how body will react to it. I taken chloroquine before prescribed by an expert, about 1000mg.

So, 2 doses was a safe play for me
Re: Nigerians Clearing Out Chloroquine From Stores After Trump's Comment by Phyde: 1:46pm On Mar 20, 2020
Pharmacies will cashout this short period. grin
Re: Nigerians Clearing Out Chloroquine From Stores After Trump's Comment by Shaprara: 1:48pm On Mar 20, 2020
Trump statement is no way contradictory to the of the FDA commissioner. Chloroquine is a approved therapeutics in the USA for treating malaria, it is already approved for treating malaria and it has been approved for clinical trial for the treatment of the chinese corona virus, so couple of people will use chloroquine to see how it reacts on them before making the final decision to make it widely use and as per US law doctors can prescribe it at their own discretion
Re: Nigerians Clearing Out Chloroquine From Stores After Trump's Comment by burner44(m): 1:51pm On Mar 20, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:
See, let me clear you.

This corona stuff has been ravaging amidst us honestly.
Sometimes in early February, i had all the symptoms, fever, cough, throat & chest pain, coughing out thick stuff every minute, and lastly, difficulty in breathing. Its an experience i never had before.

i dont like drugs, but at this i couldnt help but get drugs from pharmacy. This symptoms lasted 3 weeks.
Now i'm very fit and healthy.

This is no joke.
What drugs please
Re: Nigerians Clearing Out Chloroquine From Stores After Trump's Comment by Nobody: 1:51pm On Mar 20, 2020
I'm sure omo Igbo will start producing fake chloroquine in a large number
From Monday morning, except adulterated chloroquine tablets in the market.
In abroad, doctors and nurse are working round the clock but in Nigeria doctors and nurses are on strike..naija my country. Nobody cares.
Re: Nigerians Clearing Out Chloroquine From Stores After Trump's Comment by addictiv(m): 1:52pm On Mar 20, 2020
Be warned... Wrong use of Chloroquine destroys the kidney..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Clearing Out Chloroquine From Stores After Trump's Comment by bjgurl(f): 1:52pm On Mar 20, 2020
Something that's #20 - #50 b4 we're the one killing ourselves with ignorance.
In UK, the citizens are already receiving alerts oo $3,000 family of four
Re: Nigerians Clearing Out Chloroquine From Stores After Trump's Comment by bjgurl(f): 1:57pm On Mar 20, 2020
burner44:

What drugs please
See stop disturbing your self I had almost all the symptoms too, buh guess what, it's only fresh ginger root I eat and b4 a week I'm fine, don't panic.
We're not going to be a victim of this crisis.
Eat good food
Fresh fruit and boost your immune system by using seed nutrition.
Re: Nigerians Clearing Out Chloroquine From Stores After Trump's Comment by ireneidiva(f): 1:59pm On Mar 20, 2020
ChristianNorth:

Lol.

I am currently in Lagos and you don't know the rate of community transmission there yet.

I just mine, for safe keeping.

Just took 2 tablets to see how body will react to it. I taken chloroquine before prescribed by an expert, about 1000mg.

So, 2 doses was a safe play for me
You just took drugs to see how your body will react? The claim that chloroquine cures coranavirus is not yet verified. FDA has not yet approved it. How can you even believe that it will boost your immunity? People that know better are advising you and you still won't listen.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Clearing Out Chloroquine From Stores After Trump's Comment by Truthbites: 2:01pm On Mar 20, 2020
Cikaquine...what of Chikaquine or Tonto quine

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Clearing Out Chloroquine From Stores After Trump's Comment by safarigirl(f): 2:05pm On Mar 20, 2020
ChristianNorth:

I am not the cause of your frustration fvck off.

Chloroquine is an anti-viral drug originally indicated for the cure of malaria. About 2500mg of this drug is acceptable dosage for the cure of malaria though it is nolonger effective for the cure of malaria.

500mg will not kill anybody.

Like I said, the drug is dangerous and should never be self -administered.

Ignorant people are always aggressive, when confronted with common sense. I understand your struggles in life.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Clearing Out Chloroquine From Stores After Trump's Comment by iammolise(m): 2:05pm On Mar 20, 2020
9ja & reacting to anything be like 5&6

Please somebody help me add that meme where that man joined two fingers together.
Re: Nigerians Clearing Out Chloroquine From Stores After Trump's Comment by Nobody: 2:06pm On Mar 20, 2020
lol this is just playing out like in the past when some pastors where saying salt can cure ebola cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lightning Strike Kills Referee During Football Match In Niger State (Photos) / Salaries Of Doctors And Other Health Workers In Some Countries / Baby In India Born With An Additional Head Attached To Its Stomach (Graphic Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.