Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,606 members, 7,851,062 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:54 PM

Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. (2940 Views)

A Picture Of Marina, Lagos State In The 80's. Was It Tinubu That Developed It? / BREAKING: Tragedy As Formal Nigerian Governor Dies Of Undisclose Illness / So Embarrassing And Deluding, Every Yorubaman Claiming Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by DabuIIIT: 1:16pm On Mar 20, 2020
FlyoruB:

Call him to order na. I don't know where in igboland he's from, and frankly I do not care. It's just annoying and hypocritical how igbos can generally be anti-Lagos in every possible way you can imagine, yet they fault Yorubas who are always at the frontline of highlighting the positives of the state and its Yoruba heritage Una no dey pass up any opportunity to call Lagos a 'slum', or accuse it of being responsible for the underdevelopment in your land (una blame Lagos ports for chasing una come SW, e.t.c), yet you will still be dragging Yorubas who embrace the state in its totality (good and bad) for claiming/embracing it as their 'slum' Like seriously?

Abeg stop preaching!!!!!! Nobody stole your lollipop here.. how come we don't see you preach like this over other more important issues likes herdsman wahala or the North Kicking against best policies like restructuring and true federalism?

But any little matter you people perceive Igbo scent,it's sermon on the oluma rock mount

1 Like

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by johnmartus(m): 1:17pm On Mar 20, 2020
Shut up stop instigate problem. Yoruba are the best tribe in Nigeria. They accommodate us... And their land is a blessing to us.
dignity33:
if you out Nigeria as a Yoruba you will know how important igbos are to you or rather ask your forign base brothers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by FlyoruB: 1:18pm On Mar 20, 2020
dignity33:
if you out Nigeria as a Yoruba you will know how important igbos are to you or rather ask your forign base brothers.

Carry that your local and foreign 'importance' and shove it up your arse coz I do not have a fvvcck to give about it. undecided

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by DabuIIIT: 1:20pm On Mar 20, 2020
FlyoruB:

If it barks like a dog, no be goat, na dog. No other ethnicity (except your people) comes on social media to lament about Yorubas 'claiming' Lagos.

See,now even ascribing me as Igbo.

Oga E lo vent frustrations Yi somewhere else,ose.
Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by dignity33: 1:20pm On Mar 20, 2020
FlyoruB:

If it barks like a dog, no be goat, na dog. No other ethnicity (except your people) comes on social media to lament about Yorubas 'claiming' Lagos.
why it pains you. When you guys are busy creating tens or hundred thread everyday against igbo you never thought of that, you and your brothers thought us this and until you stop seen igbo as your opposition we will never stop. Kiss my ass

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by DabuIIIT: 1:23pm On Mar 20, 2020
Any jack can come on here and hit heads together and mugus will always fall for it.

I am South South,and the earlier we southern Nigerians know that our problem is a common one that affects all of us,the better.
What ever bad happens to any part of the south will definitely affect other south in the long run. So you all better ignore impostors bent on ruining the south for their own gain.
Op and that joematins whatever are northerners and the northerners are filling up every federal government position nationwide.
I'm sure you people are aware, especially the yorubas,that the Fed Govt is mutting the idea,plan to take over the entire Abule Ado area that was engulfed in explosion last Sunday!?!?

That was what I said when it happened and now it's about to happen. Abule Ado will soon belong to the likes of Dangote. Just like they are taking over Epe by giving out 5 to take 100. Keep on looking for igbos to fight.

3 Likes

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by DabuIIIT: 1:25pm On Mar 20, 2020
johnmartus:
Shut up stop instigate problem. Yoruba are the best tribe in Nigeria. They accommodate us... And their land is a blessing to us.

See human being!
You are a pure mallam

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by dignity33: 1:28pm On Mar 20, 2020
princemillla:

Which truth? What's ur Point self?
truth because you claim to own what is for Nigerians.
Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by limeta(f): 2:18pm On Mar 20, 2020
Lagos is Eko
Edo land no if no but
Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by Gabriel004: 2:36pm On Mar 20, 2020
FlyoruB:
See this pained omo yiebo. When it suits them they call Lagos a 'slum' and 'undeveloped', but paradoxically they turn around and try to stake a claim to it when it suits them. Una dey crase. If Yorubas claim Lagos how e take concern you? You sef claim Enugu na, abi? A considerable number of igbo elite from all over Igboland call Enugu home. Matter of fact, we Yorubas don't really give a shyt what you do in your region. But you better get used to the entire Yoruba commonwealth being stakeholders in Lagos simply because it will ALWAYS be a Yorubaland, FCT or no FCT.

No be we say make Lagos become FCT. Infact, the FCT was relocated to Abuja because the FG realized that the experiment behind designating the state as an FCT had failed; the Yoruba character and soul of Lagos simply refused to die so they had no other choice than to look for a more 'suitable' location. Look, you and your fellow pained Igbos can cry from now till tomorrow, but that won't change the character of Lagos as an eternally Yoruba territory. If e pain you reach, you will go and jump into the Lagos lagoon.
Thank you. You have said it all. I am from Lagos, the op can go and die.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by Gabriel004: 2:38pm On Mar 20, 2020
dignity33:
sorry if you angry with me but I'm not Yoruba and can never be. If only you guys see how important igbo are then you will shot the trap.
What is the importance of the igbo?
Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by dignity33: 2:46pm On Mar 20, 2020
Gabriel004:
What is the importance of the igbo?
I don't blame you that is why after years of your brothers running the affairs of government Nigeria are still shithol.
Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by Iceberg3: 5:04pm On Mar 20, 2020
Gabriel004:
Thank you. You have said it all. I am from Lagos, the op can go and die.

Here, you are from Lagos

Dignity33. (I know you ain't Igbo though)
Flyorub

grin
Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by rosebowl01(m): 5:48pm On Mar 20, 2020
dignity33:
I never hear any Yoruba Claiming to come from other part of Southwest if not Lagos like the way Hausa or Igbos claimed on the state they come from. The Lagos they always claim off was developed by British and Nigerian as Formal Capital. Why are they not compared other states in Nigeria with Ekiti, Oyo etc. I never find Hausa claiming and comparing other states with Abuja.

This your English (or corona English) is scary. Try Grammarly.

2 Likes

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by Susu888(m): 6:42pm On Mar 20, 2020
Children of hate and misery grin las las na like this your life go end ontop envy and jealousy.

1 Like

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by Gabriel004: 7:17pm On Mar 20, 2020
dignity33:
I don't blame you that is why after years of your brothers running the affairs of government Nigeria are still shithol.
Yeah, we all saw how your igbo tiny land is competing with Los Angeles after all the years that abokis and Afonjas have been governing you. Mumu

1 Like

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by Gabriel004: 7:18pm On Mar 20, 2020
Iceberg3:

Here, you are from Lagos

Dignity33. (I know you ain't Igbo though)
Flyorub

grin
Yes I am from Lagos, you can go and die.
Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by ContentedK: 12:33am On Mar 21, 2020
I wonder how some people associate that slum as developed state
Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by MoIbrahim: 6:50am On Mar 21, 2020
Note: Apart from Kaduna, all states surrounding Abj are not majorly Hausa. Even the part if Kaduna that borders with Abuja is not Hausa. So

Abuja is not Hausa as mischievous southern politicians like to tell their people to deliberately mislead them.

dignity33:
I never hear any Yoruba Claiming to come from other part of Southwest if not Lagos like the way Hausa or Igbos claimed on the state they come from. The Lagos they always claim off was developed by British and Nigerian as Formal Capital. Why are they not compared other states in Nigeria with Ekiti, Oyo etc. I never find Hausa claiming and comparing other states with Abuja.
Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by Atigba: 7:04am On Mar 21, 2020
AroOkigbo:

You are looking for trouble.
They are all from Lagos nah grin

Lagos doesn't belong to Yoruba, they are migrants like every other tribes in Nigeria.

All other states they predominantly lived in are underdeveloped.

Ogun, Osun, Ondo, Ekiti etc

2 Likes

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by bakynes3: 10:41am On Mar 21, 2020
Atigba:

Lagos doesn't belong to Yoruba, they are migrants like every other tribes in Nigeria.

Idiot! Every living tribe or race migrated to where they call Ancestral land. Once you are the first settlers, it automatically belongs to that tribe except by conquest they are disposed of that land. So far, no tribe or race has disposed Yorubas of the land. The Aworis a Yoruba Sub tribe were the first settlers in Lagos. So Lagos is Yoruba Land.

2 Likes

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by Atigba: 2:38pm On Mar 21, 2020
bakynes3:

Idiot! Every living tribe or race migrated to where they call Ancestral land. Once you are the first settlers, it automatically belongs to that tribe except by conquest they are disposed of that land. So far, no tribe or race has disposed Yorubas of the land. The Aworis a Yoruba Sub tribe were the first settlers in Lagos. So Lagos is Yoruba Land.

Yoruba sub tribe?

When did they create Yoruba or the world Yoruba came into existence

2 Likes

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by bakynes3: 2:59pm On Mar 21, 2020
Atigba:

Yoruba sub tribe?

When did they create Yoruba or the world Yoruba came into existence
Why asking me a JAMB question. The people of the Old Oyo empire were the ones called Yorubas initially but after the Brtiish the word Yorubas was used for people with similar culture, tradition and language.

2 Likes

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by 7lives: 4:17pm On Mar 21, 2020
DabuIIIT:

Anybody who talks is Igbo,even if a dog barks,na Igbo....your leftover amala you are keeping for supper yaff sour,na Igbo.....
Smh

Na Igbo dey carry other people matter for head, hold their own for nylon bag.
E so igba yin, won nja ni ile keji o kan yin.

2 Likes

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by Atigba: 4:35pm On Mar 21, 2020
bakynes3:

Why asking me a JAMB question. The people of the Old Oyo empire were the ones called Yorubas initially but after the Brtiish the word Yorubas was used for people with similar culture, tradition and language.

Then stop saying Yorubas own Lag

Everyone migrated there
Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by bakynes3: 4:37pm On Mar 21, 2020
Atigba:

Then stop saying Yorubas own Lag

Everyone migrated there
Are you dumb or what? Didnt you read what i wrote up there. Ife, Ekiti, Egba, Ijebu, Aworis dont they have similar culture, tradition and language with the people of the Oyo empire? We all are now regarded as Yoruba people. The first settlers in Lagos are the Aworis that migrated from Ile-Ife. The first settlers usually own the land except they are disposed by conquest which so far has not happened in Lagos. Every tribe today migrated to where they call Ancestral land. A small group of people migrate to a barren land that suits them and settle there and then expand in population. Some of you are so dumb sha.

4 Likes

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by goodnessme1(f): 6:08pm On Mar 21, 2020
bakynes3:

Are you dumb or what? Didnt you read what i wrote up there. Ife, Ekiti, Egba, Ijebu, Aworis dont they have similar culture, tradition and language with the people of the Oyo empire? We all are now regarded as Yoruba people. The first settlers in Lagos are the Aworis that migrated from Ile-Ife. The first settlers usually own the land except they are disposed by conquest which so far has not happened in Lagos. Every tribe today migrated to where they call Ancestral land. A small group of people migrate to a barren land that suits them and settle there and then expand in population. Some of you are so dumb sha.
Pls we Aworis are not yoruba.
Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by DabuIIIT: 6:17pm On Mar 21, 2020
7lives:

Na Igbo dey carry other people matter for head, hold their own for nylon bag.
E so igba yin, won nja ni ile keji o kan yin.

Taleleyi? Kileleyi so bayi?
Ogbeni Kuro waju mi,jare angry
Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by Gabriel004: 6:26pm On Mar 21, 2020
goodnessme1:
Say osu from osu land

5 Likes

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by Gabriel004: 6:32pm On Mar 21, 2020
Atigba:

Pained osu, did you osu own onitsha, did you own anambra. No be migrate una migrate.

How many of your osu land can you compare to Ibadan or Akure

3 Likes

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by Mystic216: 6:35pm On Mar 21, 2020
johnmartus:
My name is Kamsiyochukwu I was born and raised in Isiala Ngwa in Abia state.
Please kindly ignore this Anambra man. Envy and hatred has been a problem to them. Even they hate us in Abia state they thought they are more igbo than anyone else.

When are you going to stop these your foolishness? Get some lives boy.
Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by bakynes3: 6:37pm On Mar 21, 2020
goodnessme1:
Madam go and sit down you are not an Awori. Anybody can claim whatever and whoever online.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

F.G Has Refused To Pay The Nigeria Police The New Salary / Joe Biden On Endsars Protest / You Must Respect Fr Kuku's Opinion Fr Abiagom Warns Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.