Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

2023: Tinubu Vs Seyi Makinde - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Tinubu Vs Seyi Makinde (5395 Views)

2023: Tinubu, Fayemi Test Strength With APC Deputy National Chairman Position / Olawale Oluwo: Tinubu Vs Ambode - What Really Happened - Ex-Commissioner Reveals / Seyi Makinde Visits Demolished Fresh FM In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Tinubu Vs Seyi Makinde by deji17: 2:32pm On Mar 21, 2020
2023 : Tinubu (APC) Vs. Seyi Makinde (PDP)..

Its 1999 all over again.

Each of them have their appeal and political base.

Who will you vote for and who do you think will win. Zone by Zone
Re: 2023: Tinubu Vs Seyi Makinde by Whiteangel1234: 2:34pm On Mar 21, 2020
Greedy Afonja I will vote Nothern /South East ticket

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Tinubu Vs Seyi Makinde by helinues: 2:34pm On Mar 21, 2020
deji17:
2023 : Tinubu (APC) Vs. Seyi Makinde (PDP)..

Its 1999 all over again.

Each of them has their appeal and political base.

Whom will you vote for and whom do you think will win. Zone by Zone

How can you be comparing boy Makinde with Jagaban borgu?

Seyi can't even match Fayose, Fayemi, Fashola not to talk of star boy

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Tinubu Vs Seyi Makinde by OhBiafra: 2:35pm On Mar 21, 2020
Afonja

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Tinubu Vs Seyi Makinde by helinues: 2:35pm On Mar 21, 2020
[quote author=Whiteangel1234 post=87637632]Greedy Afonja I will vote Nothern /South East ticket quote/]

Nobody is holding you people not to repeat history again. It is what you guys have been doing since 1960.. Voting against any interest of Yoruba. So kini big deal?

SW are battle ready for 2023 election

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Tinubu Vs Seyi Makinde by TUANKU(m): 2:37pm On Mar 21, 2020
Both men won't smell the presidency.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Tinubu Vs Seyi Makinde by deji17: 2:42pm On Mar 21, 2020
helinues:

Politics is not by age my friend. Seyi has his admirers . He won Oyo State against all odds. He is loved by SE folks. Likely SS too. MB might also go Seyi. SW might be split and his VP choice from the North , might also help his case. He is a sitting Governor , with his own mulla.. The guy declared a whooping N48 billion naira personal asset. Richer than some states. Guys like Wike might throw their supports behind him. Dont underestimate Seyi. To some, especially SE, Seyi can do no wrong. He is also close to OBJ

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Tinubu Vs Seyi Makinde by deji17: 2:43pm On Mar 21, 2020
TUANKU:
Both men won't smell the presidency.

Seyi is popular in South East.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Tinubu Vs Seyi Makinde by helinues: 2:44pm On Mar 21, 2020
deji17:

Politics is not by age my friend. Seyi has his admirers . He won Oyo State against all odds. He is loved by SE folks. Likely SS too. MB might alao go Seyi. SW might be split and his VP choice from the North , might also help his case. He is a sitting Governor , with his own mulla.. The guy declared a whooping N48 billion naira personal asset. Richer than some states. Guys like Wike might throw their supports behind him. Dont underestimate Seyi. To some, especially SE, Seyi can do no wrong. He is also close to OBJ

Seyi is still a boy in Nigeria politics.. Can't you learn from GEJ and Saraki's case?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Tinubu Vs Seyi Makinde by deji17: 2:47pm On Mar 21, 2020
helinues:

Seyi is still a boy in Nigeria politics.. Can't you learn from GEJ and Saraki's case?

You dont open a door by the mere size of your body. Dont underestimate Seyi, especially with his base supports from SE.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Tinubu Vs Seyi Makinde by helinues: 2:49pm On Mar 21, 2020
deji17:

You dont open a door by the mere size of your body. Dont underestimate Seyi, especially with his base supports from SE.

Wait, when did SE become a force to reckon with..

7 Likes

Re: 2023: Tinubu Vs Seyi Makinde by deji17: 2:53pm On Mar 21, 2020
helinues:

SE is a solid PDP column. SS too is also PDP stronghold. With Seyi from SW. MB is up for grab.. Buhari is not going to be on the ballot in 2023 ....Think am..

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Tinubu Vs Seyi Makinde by helinues: 2:55pm On Mar 21, 2020
deji17:

SE is a solid PDP column. SS too is also PDP stronghold. With Seyi from SW. MB is up for grab.. Buhari is not going to be on the ballot in 2023 ....Think am..

Seyi can not win 3 states in SS, he will only be lucky if he wins 2 states in NC, NE 0, NW 0, SW may be 2 states.. He has all the SE states in the bag but not with that big marging.

DOA

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Tinubu Vs Seyi Makinde by juman(m): 2:56pm On Mar 21, 2020
helinues:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The five percent people.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Tinubu Vs Seyi Makinde by deji17: 3:04pm On Mar 21, 2020
helinues:

Seyi can not win 3 states in SS, he will only be lucky if he wins 2 states in NC, NE 0, NW 0, SW may be 2 states.. He has all the SE states in the bag but not with that big marging.

DOA

His VP choice can help him in NE and NW. Remember Buhari is not going to be on the ballot in 2023 to deliver bloc Northern vote. If he choses someone like Kwakwanso / Tambuwal or Sanusi as VP, that might help his case. He could get up to 4 SS states. He could get up to 6 out of the 13 NE and NW states.Voters Turnout and money war chest will also be a big factor. He also has age to his advantage. Dont under estimate Seyi..

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Tinubu Vs Seyi Makinde by deji17: 3:09pm On Mar 21, 2020
juman:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The five percent people.

You think?? More like 30%, PDP sure vote. Their candidate just need a National appeal /spread like OBJ.
Re: 2023: Tinubu Vs Seyi Makinde by deji17: 3:13pm On Mar 21, 2020
Whiteangel1234:
Greedy Afonja I will vote Nothern /South East ticket

That combination is not likely to win a National election in this day and age.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Tinubu Vs Seyi Makinde by juman(m): 3:15pm On Mar 21, 2020
deji17:

You think?? More like 30%, PDP sure vote. Their candidate just need a National appeal /spread like OBJ.

I hate pdp to the core.

But if they have good candidate, nigerians would consider the credibility of their candidate and vote for him.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Tinubu Vs Seyi Makinde by deji17: 3:23pm On Mar 21, 2020
juman:

I hate pdp to the core.

But if they have good candidate, nigerians would consider the credibility of their candidate and vote for him.

You are right. Going by 16 years of PDP record, I dont like that party either. But this is politics where what you like or dislike does not necessarily determines who wins..
Re: 2023: Tinubu Vs Seyi Makinde by 7lives: 4:07pm On Mar 21, 2020
deji17:

You are right. Going by 16 years of PDP record, I dont like that party either. But this is politics where what you like or dislike does not necessarily determines who wins..

It will do you like film that PDP is viewed in same class with covid 19, HIV and other deadly scourges, in major parts of Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Tinubu Vs Seyi Makinde by Shegunsmart(m): 4:18pm On Mar 21, 2020
His VP choice can help him in NE and NW. Remember Buhari is not going to be on the ballot in 2023 to deliver bloc Northern vote. If he choses someone like Kwakwanso / Tambuwal or Sanusi as VP, that might help his case. He could get up to 4 SS states. He could get up to 6 out of the 13 NE and NW states.Voters Turnout and money war chest will also be a big factor. He also has age to his advantage. Dont under estimate Seyi..[/quote]

You think it's not too funny that a Kwankwaso, Sanusi or Tambuwal will agree to be a running mate to Seyi Makinde? That's not gonna work, you know.
Ssyi is simply not a match. He may also loose re-election as the governor if proper care is not taken. This is naija.

Maybe they should use Seyi as VP while Ngozi Iweala gets the presidential ticket. How this will be possible, I don't know.
Re: 2023: Tinubu Vs Seyi Makinde by Yebosola(m): 4:21pm On Mar 21, 2020
helinues:

Makinde of yesterday grin grin ,NL sef

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Tinubu Vs Seyi Makinde by Stillthebest: 4:29pm On Mar 21, 2020
deji17:

Politics is not by age my friend. Seyi has his admirers . He won Oyo State against all odds. He is loved by SE folks. Likely SS too. MB might also go Seyi. SW might be split and his VP choice from the North , might also help his case. He is a sitting Governor , with his own mulla.. The guy declared a whooping N48 billion naira personal asset. Richer than some states. Guys like Wike might throw their supports behind him. Dont underestimate Seyi. To some, especially SE, Seyi can do no wrong. He is also close to OBJ

Politics isnt by age or stature or flimsy things truly. But right now, he can't even match Fayose. Politics is about popularity. He isnt as popular as Tinubu either for good news or bad news.

Free and fair election, Tinubu will beat him hands down let alone malpractice.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Tinubu Vs Seyi Makinde by deji17: 4:31pm On Mar 21, 2020
7lives:

It will do you like film that PDP is viewed in same class with covid 19, HIV and other deadly scourges, in major parts of Nigeria.

You wish... Is it that bad? PDP controls almost half of the Nigerian states. The 36 states are nearly evenly split between PDP and APC ( No thanks to the Supreme Court and APC internal scuffles). PDP scored between 42 to 48% of the National votes in 2015 and 2019 General elections. That does not look like Covid-19 hatred.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Tinubu Vs Seyi Makinde by deji17: 4:43pm On Mar 21, 2020
Stillthebest:

Politics isnt by age or stature or flimsy things truly. But right now, he can't even match Fayose. Politics is about popularity. He isnt as popular as Tinubu either for good news or bad news.

Free and fair election, Tinubu will beat him hands down let alone malpractice.
Fayose is a Yesterday man. Tinubu too has his limitations as well. Seyi Makinde is not like Fayose. Seyi is educated, a business man and not crude like Fayose.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Tinubu Vs Seyi Makinde by Stillthebest: 4:52pm On Mar 21, 2020
deji17:
Fayose is a Yesterday man. Tinubu too has his limitations as well. Seyi Makinde is not like Fayose. Seyi is educated, a business man and not crude like Fayose.

Education doesn't win elections in Ng anymore . Adedibu was a stack illiterate but his say was final.

Who told you Fayose is an illiterate? Seyi Only has Bsc. Fayose had OND, that I know of and claimed to have HND also. Is Seyi speaking English that Fayose can't speak.

Fayose was also a business man with successful truck selling company and hotel before he joined politics.

There is no yesterday man in politics. Know your game is the lyrics.

I understand you like Seyi, but the truth right now is he can't win a free and fair election with Tinubu. He is too big for him. He might be able to flex with Fayemi and co.

Every mortal has limitations, we are only weighing why dot is on is and cross on ts.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Tinubu Vs Seyi Makinde by Indispensable85(m): 4:58pm On Mar 21, 2020
Who's seyi makinde?HahahahHa
Re: 2023: Tinubu Vs Seyi Makinde by deji17: 5:08pm On Mar 21, 2020
Stillthebest:

Education doesn't win elections in Ng anymore . Adedibu was a stack illiterate but his say was final.

Who told you Fayose is an illiterate? Seyi Only has Bsc. Fayose had OND, that I know of and claimed to have HND also. Is Seyi speaking English that Fayose can't speak.

Fayose was also a business man with successful truck selling company and hotel before he joined politics.

There is no yesterday man in politics. Know your game is the lyrics.

I understand you like Seyi, but the truth right now is he can't win a free and fair election with Tinubu. He is too big for him. He might be able to flex with Fayemi and co.

Every mortal has limitations, we are only weighing why dot is on is and cross on ts.

I agree with you to some extent. Not that I like Seyi over Tinubu, but we are only having political conversation and discussing possibilities. What Tinubu has over his contemporaries is ability to influence. He is a master strategist. That you cant take away from him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Tinubu Vs Seyi Makinde by deji17: 5:10pm On Mar 21, 2020
Indispensable85:
Who's seyi makinde?HahahahHa

He appears to be the best shot for PDP at the Presidency.
Re: 2023: Tinubu Vs Seyi Makinde by amazingcastro94(m): 5:16pm On Mar 21, 2020
Dis tin tire me o....The OP is high on ijebu/osogbo weed. Comparing Tinubu to Seyi Makinde of yesterday. If not because of the pride nature of Ajimobi whom the people of Ibadan and Oyo wanted to deal with do you think Seyi Makinde can win Oyo State. Seyi Makinde who is he in Nigeria Politics? His Political base? the boy that is not even sure of getting return ticket. As it stands now even Seyi Makinde cant stand against any tinubu boy in a proper election (the likes of Aregbe, Fashola, Osibanjo, and his foot soldier)..

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Tinubu Vs Seyi Makinde by deji17: 5:20pm On Mar 21, 2020
Shegunsmart:

His VP choice can help him in NE and NW. Remember Buhari is not going to be on the ballot in 2023 to deliver bloc Northern vote. If he choses someone like Kwakwanso / Tambuwal or Sanusi as VP, that might help his case. He could get up to 4 SS states. He could get up to 6 out of the 13 NE and NW states.Voters Turnout and money war chest will also be a big factor. He also has age to his advantage. Dont under estimate Seyi..

You think it's not too funny that a Kwankwaso, Sanusi or Tambuwal will agree to be a running mate to Seyi Makinde? That's not gonna work, you know.
Ssyi is simply not a match. He may also loose re-election as the governor if proper care is not taken. This is naija.

Maybe they should use Seyi as VP while Ngozi Iweala gets the presidential ticket. How this will be possible, I don't know.

No, it is not funny. Kwankwanso, Sanusi or Tambuwal will like to be VP, and if they see Seyi as the vehicle that can take them there, they will seize that opportunity with both hands. Joe Biden a long time US Senator agreed to be VP to a rookie Obama.
Re: 2023: Tinubu Vs Seyi Makinde by deji17: 5:26pm On Mar 21, 2020
amazingcastro94:
Dis tin tire me o....The OP is high on ijebu/osogbo weed. Comparing Tinubu to Seyi Makinde of yesterday. If not because of the pride nature of Ajimobi whom the people of Ibadan and Oyo wanted to deal with do you think Seyi Makinde can win Oyo State. Seyi Makinde who is he in Nigeria Politics? His Political base? the boy that is not even sure of getting return ticket. As it stands now even Seyi Makinde cant stand against any tinubu boy in a proper election (the likes of Aregbe, Fashola, Osibanjo, and his foot soldier)..

I hear you... Tinubu popularity comes with its own baggage too. Religion (Likely Muslim - Muslim ticket) and sentiments will also play a part. In politics, never say never.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking: Faces Of The People That Arrested Nnamdi Kanu / Abba Kyari’s Arrest: Obi Cubana Trends On Twitter / Meet Chinasa Abiola, From Umuahia Contesting For Abia House Of Assembly Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.