Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,402 members, 7,853,782 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:38 AM

I Will Take Bakassi To The Next Level... Iyadim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Take Bakassi To The Next Level... Iyadim (240 Views)

Nigeria Approves $2 Billion Bakassi Deep Seaport / Bakassi Boys To Return To Fight Fulani Herdsmen- Ohanaeze / History Will Punish Obasanjo For Ceding Bakassi To Cameroon—oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Will Take Bakassi To The Next Level... Iyadim by offiong187: 10:30pm On Mar 21, 2020
I Will Take Bakassi To The Next Level... Iyadim

The People’s Democratic Party (PDP) chairmanship candidate for Bakassi Local Government Area, Hon Iyadim Amboni Iyadim, has promised to take the area to the next level in every aspect that will benefit its people.

Fielding questions from pressmen at a reception after he and the 10 councillorship candidates of the party had collected their flags which qualify them as forerunners of the party in the area, Iyadim disclosed that the story of Bakassi is very peculiar and has to be revisited to enable him carry everyone along.

Iyadim noted that the issue of the displaced people of Bakassi has not been fully addressed while the protocol of the Green Tree Agreement has not been observed, stressing that, "the hour has come for us to address it holistically so that our people can have a sense of belonging."

The chairmanship candidate, who is also an environmentalist, said the coastal nature of the area with its abundant potentials will be properly harnessed with the view to transforming it to an economic zone for the benefit of the people.

According to him, “With the support of my father and mentor, Sir Ben Ayade who has already started the process of bringing Bakassi to the lime light by sitting the Bakassi Deep Seaport, I will make my impact felt both in Bakassi and in the state as I will personally carryout supervision of projects, programmes and policies based on my 31 years of experience in political administration."

On those that decamped from other political parties to join PDP at Ekpri Ikang where flags were presented to councillorship candidates, he disclosed that" about 40 persons who were hitherto members of the ALL Progressive Congress (APC) joined us there today in solidarity and promised to ensure our success in the forth coming local government election."

He further stated that “as a man of the people", he will not discriminate but carry everyone along irrespective of their political or religious affiliations as far as they are willing to work collectively for the good and development of Bakassi Local Government Area which is paramount and crucial to him.

Iyadim who disclosed that he cut his political teeth in 1990 when he contested his first ever election and won as a councilor representing Ikot Nakanda ward in the then Odukpani Local Government Area under the then Social Democratic Party (SDP), added that he has been one of the founding members of PDP since 1998.

(1) (Reply)

Governor Akeredolu: "I’m Not On Self-isolation", Appears At A Press Briefing / President Buhari Speech today On Covid-19 Pandemic full video / Japan Gives Nigeria N87m For Victims Of Insurgency In Northeast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.