Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,843 members, 7,824,512 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. (2171 Views)

16 Costly Mistakes Married Women Make / Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us / The 4 Worst Mistakes Good Parents Make (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by freecocoa(f): 11:31pm On Dec 26, 2010
Carolece:

Its obvious we need more real people in this world. Most of them live on false pretence that is why some of them cant see through anyone else's eyes. They come and make silly remarks when they have no clue as to what is happening in their own lives. They lie like the devil, pretending their lives is all sweet and dandy. Just because they are my parents doesnt mean I should lie about what is happening. Most of these people who make these silly remarks should go and see in their own lives. They are Dumb foks!
Thank you.
Shebi i wrote it,you are just looking for someone to encourage you,well lucky you, you've found one,i guess u two will make a perfect match,oh wait,he's a man and you hate him as well,oh sorry how pathetic.RUBBISH.
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by beejaei: 12:11am On Dec 27, 2010
@freecocoa

you are a naughty person. if you have not been in someone's shoes before, stick your mouth up your azz or keep quiet. There are certain things no one can discuss without the right perspective. If you have not worn the shoes the OP has worn. it is easy to sit on Mount Moral High Ground and tell the OP what is right or wrong. Pray you dont ever have to feel what she is feeling.
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by IyaBasira: 12:29am On Dec 27, 2010
freecocoa:

Seriously i just wonder what kind of a person the op is,you really need to stop this crazy and childish attitude of yours.its becoming annoying,are u the first or only one to ever get hurt by a man?your dad was bad doesn't mean every man is,atleast[b] i can boldly and proudly say  my dad is all i could ever ask of as a father[/b].Please give urself a break and go find something useful to do with your time rather than coming here to search for who would join/encourage u in your folly.

YOU can say that your father is all you could ask for. Her experience has obviously been a bitter one. As much as we admire people who are able to move past their experiences, not everyone is like that. A lot of us are still too human and thats why some people say that maturity is overrated.

Kadata:

I'd rather be a pretender than to pretend to be ungrateful. Or worse still , ungrateful in all sense of the word.
# When you despise the man whose seed was found worthy enough as a portal for your birth, I wonder what on earth you'd ever appreciate. I'd be watching Nairaland very keenly. Maybe someday your kid would come with his/her own story. And we'd begin to wonder who was worse. And for those not planning to have kids, . . .well, that's your f¤¤ken business.

I hate arguments like this. You just heard someone say that they had the worst father in the world and you expect her to be grateful that he brought her into the world?
Life is about quality , not someone who did something that anyone can do. Why do you think some people make the distinction between  someone who was their "biological " mother/father and someone who was their parent in the true sense of the word?
So someone gave birth to you, or contributed some of their semen to create you. That doesnt mean they deserve an award. Being a parent is a lot more than just mixing a sperm and an egg together and creating a child so why do people behave like you can get away with being a bad parent as long as you have broght a child into the world ?
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by iice(f): 4:16am On Dec 27, 2010
Odin forbid. I love my parents to death even if they can be annoying sometimes. They made the right choice. . .even reincarnating, they will always find each other cheesy
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by Osama10(m): 4:21am On Dec 27, 2010
iice:

Odin forbid. I love my parents to death even if they can be annoying sometimes. They made the right choice. . .even reincarnating, they will always find each other cheesy

More like it.
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by freecocoa(f): 4:24am On Dec 27, 2010
beejaei:

@freecocoa

you are a naughty person. if you have not been in someone's shoes before, stick your mouth up your azz or keep quiet. There are certain things no one can discuss without the right perspective. If you have not worn the shoes the OP has worn. it is easy to sit on Mount Moral High Ground and tell the OP what is right or wrong. Pray you dont ever have to feel what she is feeling.
I bet you are naughtier than i can ever be,she had a bad experience fine,does being hateful and making derogatory remarks about men make it better?all am saying is her dad was bad doesn't mean every orther man is,she should understand that,and hey i won't be in her shoes.
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by Osama10(m): 4:26am On Dec 27, 2010
freecocoa:

I bet you are naughtier than i can ever be,she had a bad experience fine,does being hateful and making derogatory remarks about men make it better?all am saying is her dad was bad doesn't mean every orther man is,she should understand that,and hey i won't be in her shoes.

You are very correct, some people don't just get it.
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by beejaei: 5:36am On Dec 27, 2010
all i am saying only the OP experienced whatever she experienced and only knows what kind of reaction/name-calling her father deserves. Maybe all men are not like that, but the OP cannot be blamed for what she has learned from her experiences.
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by freecocoa(f): 7:47am On Dec 27, 2010
Nobody is blaming her,all am saying is she should limit whatever insults/abuses to her father who hurt her and stop insulting all men even the ones who try to advice here on Nl.maybe u need to read most of her comments/posts to understand what am saying,its not even about this thread alone.
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by question(m): 11:04am On Dec 27, 2010
@ OP learn to forgive or else you will be bitter all your life.
There is need flogging a dead meat.
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by allycat: 10:54pm On Dec 27, 2010
OP sorry about what ever happened to you, but I hope you learn to let go of the hurt if not you are letting him have control over you even from the grave.
To those insulting her let her be, she who wears the shoe knows where it pinches and Nl is maybe the only place she can lay are her soul being anonymous.
I had and still have a great relationship with my father but many people did and do not. Do you ask the 14 year old girl whose father slept with her from age 10 and got her pregnant to respect or thank her father for bringing her to this world. Or the girl in Akwa Ibom whose father poured acid on her when he failed to get her to drink it to love that monster. Or is it those whose parents sold them knowingly into prostitution or slavery (here n Nija) cos they have too many children and cant feed them that should kneel down and thank them for giving them life. You may be lucky to have parents who loved you and catered for you but there are many out there that never saw love of care from their parents.
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by iphy42: 3:02pm On Dec 28, 2010
I feel ur mum has influenced ur judgement. are u sure she's not d architect of her misfortune.
NO OFFENCE.
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by Ikedonn(m): 10:48am On Dec 29, 2010
Silly thread and a silly poster.Rubbish angry angry

1 Like

Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by Youngpo413: 7:51am On Dec 19, 2014
Carolece:
Kind of spinning from the Why & Why thread. Sometimes I am just mad at my mother for making that man who was my biological father her husband. I mean, things she told us (my sisters and I), I would definately not stay with that b astard. The bad treatment, the disrespect, the almost non-existence in our family. Its just appauling that some of our parents stayed in their relationships because they had a child or two before some really find out what their partner is really like. This goes both ways, because I know this man, he got a wife who is like the devil's sister, he tries to make her happy but she is just not letting up being a bich.

Do you think either of your parents could/should have made a better choice?
I now understand why you hate me...charity begins at home,I dont blame you anyway.
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by Youngpo413: 7:53am On Dec 19, 2014
Carolece:
So are you saying because its our parents we shouldnt make honest comments? I dont and wont have kids, there is no man good enough to father any children of mine.
pathetic
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by Youngpo413: 8:55am On Dec 19, 2014
Carolece:
Do you know the men around me?
All of them have some attributes that he had, reminding me some way or the other of him, and that includes you and the rest of A holes here on Niraland sad
I pray you find someone who will love you for real

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Intimacy For 4 Years, Is Dis A Problem??? / Letter To The Singles!!! / Meet Tina, Godwin Okpara’s Rape Victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.