Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Interdenominational Marriage, Why Prohibited By Many Parents? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Interdenominational Marriage, Why Prohibited By Many Parents? (1707 Views)

Deformation Of Religion And Human Dignity Is Prohibited By The International Law / 55th Independence Celebration Interdenominational Thanksgiving Service / Do You Believe In Sex Before Marriage. Why Or Why Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interdenominational Marriage, Why Prohibited By Many Parents? by Grange: 12:25am On Dec 27, 2010
Please help, I'm a Jehovah's witness but in love with and engaged to a Roman Catholic. My parents forbid the marriage and stated it is only going to take place over their dead bodies. What should I do?

1 Like

Re: Interdenominational Marriage, Why Prohibited By Many Parents? by Azibalua(f): 7:53am On Dec 27, 2010
first of all are you born again
Re: Interdenominational Marriage, Why Prohibited By Many Parents? by drrionelli(m): 7:59am On Dec 27, 2010
Why do your parents feel so threatened by your fiancee's choice of church?

Indeed, has this been discussed at length by the two of you? Will it be an issue to either of you after you're married? Have you thought about how your children will be brought up? Will the day-to-day practice of your respective faiths be compromising to the other?
Re: Interdenominational Marriage, Why Prohibited By Many Parents? by Joagbaje(m): 6:48pm On Dec 27, 2010
Azibalua:

first of all are you born again

It's crystal clear they are not. Their faith doesn't teach such. But some Catholics charistmatics are.
Re: Interdenominational Marriage, Why Prohibited By Many Parents? by Ymodulus: 12:24am On Dec 28, 2010
Grange:

Please help, I'm a Jehovah's witness but in love with and engaged to a Roman Catholic. My parents forbid the marriage and stated it is only going to take place over their dead bodies. What should I do?
well poster i decide to reply your question because i love the witnesses, now am not really suprise on you getting in love with a Roman catholic. Now the reason why your parents are refusing the relationship is that they believes as witnesses you should marry from the lord. I have forgotten the actual bible scripture that states this but i think you should know it. Well that should not be a question as i know Jehovahs witnesses to be this caring heart loving people, now i will like you to meet your parents let them understand your feelings towards the guy or girl whichever, but note that you must tell them that you not willing to be a witness anymore because you know that by you marrying a non-witness you are dis-fellowshipped from the congregation, if you truly believes you love him you can do this, but know that what you are doing according to the witness beliefs is deviating from the true sovereign God Jehovah because of a man. I believe with all this your parents wont force you, also let them understand that as witnesses they are bound not to force the truth on an individual but to just make it open and let him take it willingly. Thanks you can holla me for more.

=but if i were you i will marry from the congregation if not yours but some where else, i talk from what i have seen from witnesses there marriages are the best marriage you can see among religionist.
Re: Interdenominational Marriage, Why Prohibited By Many Parents? by Jenwitemi(m): 12:33am On Dec 28, 2010
Wow! I am still unbale to get over how much of a crock of poo religions are! They never seize to amaze me with their divisive and puerile doctrines. Some poor folks who find themselves trapped in these unholy and loveless dogmas must be going crazy with all the doublethink BS that they are forced to deal with almost on a daily basis.
Ymodulus:

well poster i decide to reply your question because i love the witnesses, now am not really suprise on you getting  in love with a Roman catholic. Now the reason why your parents are refusing the relationship is that they believes as witnesses you should marry from the lord. I have forgotten the actual bible scripture that states this but i think you should know it.  Well that should not be a question as i know Jehovahs witnesses to be this caring heart loving people, now i will like you to meet your parents let them understand your feelings towards the guy or girl whichever, but note that you must tell them that you not willing to be a witness anymore because you know that by you marrying a non-witness you are dis-fellowshipped from the congregation, if you truly believes you love him you can do this, but know that what you are doing according to the witness beliefs is deviating from the true sovereign God Jehovah because of a man. I believe with all this your parents wont force you, also let them understand that as witnesses they are bound not to force the truth on an individual but to just make it open and let him take it willingly. Thanks you can holla me for more. 

=but if i were you i will marry from the congregation if not yours but some where else, i talk from what i  have seen from witnesses there marriages are the best marriage you can see among religionist.
Re: Interdenominational Marriage, Why Prohibited By Many Parents? by drrionelli(m): 1:21am On Dec 29, 2010
@Jenwitemi:
Please don't hold back--tell us how you really feel! grin
Re: Interdenominational Marriage, Why Prohibited By Many Parents? by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 29, 2010
It's crystal clear they are not. [b]Their faith doesn't teach such[/b]. But some Catholics charistmatics are

Joagbaje

While I dont knowabout JWs,Roman catholics belives and teaches it's members in beign born again.In fact you cannot become a member of the catholic church without beign born again through the water of Baptism.

Except you pentecostals have redefined born again to mean entirely differant from what Jesus meant in the gospel of John chapter 3
Re: Interdenominational Marriage, Why Prohibited By Many Parents? by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 06, 2015
Theres no scriptural basis for your parents intrusion to your marriage life.
The brought you into this world but they dont control your destiny, o its up to you, your parents cant choose who or where you marry cos, no marriage is perfect.

(1) (Reply)

Shin Rambo Ex Notorious Armed Robber Quoting The Bible / What Is The Purpose Of Religion? / Is Isaiah The Most Quoted Book In The Bible ? What Is Your Favorite Book And Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.