Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,920 members, 7,814,100 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

The Man; His Mother And Wife (my Perspective) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Man; His Mother And Wife (my Perspective) (1265 Views)

I Love My Wife & My Kid, But I Want To Leave The Marriage. Help! / Nigerian Man, His Oyinbo Wife And Their 4 Kids In Matching Outfits Family Photos / 'My Bleaching wife, My Benin Witch'- Man To His Wife On Their Aniversary(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Man; His Mother And Wife (my Perspective) by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 22, 2020
I hardly hear or read of a married woman being at crossroads between choosing her dad over her husband or otherwise, it's always these men relegating their wives(life partner) to derogatory term to elate their mothers.
I have done my observations and come to the conclusion that men that does this or planning to do are raised in a dyfunctional family, a case where their fathers failed in his fatherly and husbands duty. Boys raised in these homes are not blind, they constantly saw their dad treated their mum as a low class citizens. In a worse scenario the mother becomes the father and mother at same time, fending for them and siblings. Yes! You're indebted to your mummy, but not at the detriment of a Good wife. We all are the responsibility of our parents, your mother isn't an exception.
Really? Like some would not mind losing their marriages or wives to their mothers. My brother, stop making the same mistakes your daddy made, else your son(s) will continue where you stopped.
Your mother is the responsibility of your daddy, stop trying to be the husband your daddy wasn't able to be to her, treat your wife the way you wished your daddy treated your mum.
Our mothers sometimes didnt make the best marital choice and we saw the consequences, but then your patner shouldn't have to pay for it.
Wives are not picked from the gutters, they equally have parents that suffered to raise them, yet, you'd hardly ever see a woman in such a compromising position.
You will not get married to your mum or siblings, learn to treat your patner right, set boundaries as well. Dont treat your wife like trash because of your mother, stop trying to be the husband she never had.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Man; His Mother And Wife (my Perspective) by NextD18: 7:58pm On Mar 22, 2020
Go straight to the point.

Are you instructing men to love their wife[A visitor] more than their mum[The woman that birthed them and played a role in raising them]?

Is that your point?

1 Like

Re: The Man; His Mother And Wife (my Perspective) by Davash222(m): 8:05pm On Mar 22, 2020
Guys, always remember, out of all your family members, it's only your wife that is not your relative.
You can have many wives but you can only have one mother.
Your wife may remarry when you die, but your mom will always be your mom even when you die..
The love for a wife is different from the love for a mother.

1 Like

Re: The Man; His Mother And Wife (my Perspective) by xendra: 8:11pm On Mar 22, 2020
they don't have sense na,
any man saying such is just indirectly telling us that his father is a failure.
I don't see Dangote's son ever saying he will take care of his mother more than his wifecheesy cheesy Dangote go ask am whether he don baffgrin em mama sef no go gree sad because you no go fit treat her better than her husband.

but you see those ones wey their papa done waste away him youth ehen na dem dey play husband role for their mama dey form care
and some mothers now will even leave their husbands and go live with their child for where the grass is greenergrin las las everybody na gold digger

6 Likes

Re: The Man; His Mother And Wife (my Perspective) by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 22, 2020
NextD18:
Go straight to the point.

Are you instructing men to love their wife[A visitor] more than their mum[The woman that birthed them and played a role in raising them]?

Is that your point?
My point is you do not relegate your wife because of your mother. Your mother played her role by birthing and raising you, that was her responsibility as a mother.
Your wife will birth and raise your children as well. A good mother will not blackmail her son because she played her role as a mother. Be responsible for your wife, same way your dad is meant to be your mothers responsibility.
Dont treat your wife like trash cos of your mum, your kids are watching

5 Likes

Re: The Man; His Mother And Wife (my Perspective) by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 22, 2020
Davash222:
Guys, always remember, out of all your family members, it's only your wife that is not your relative.
Your wife may remarry when you die, but your mom will always be your mom even when you die..
Re: The Man; His Mother And Wife (my Perspective) by NextD18: 8:16pm On Mar 22, 2020
rockstarB:

My point is you do not relegate your wife because of your mother. Your mother played her role by birthing and raising you, that was her responsibility as a mother.
Your wife will birth and raise your children as well. A good mother will not blackmail her son because she played her role as a mother. Be responsible for your wife, same way your dad is meant to be your mothers responsibility.
Dont treat your wife like trash cos of your mum, your kids are watching
You are deviating from my question.

I asked a question and didn't talk about who to relegate or promote. My question was strictly on LOVE. I mean real and natural LOVE.

Again I ask, you mean a man should LOVE and value her wife[A visitor who was fvckin around when he was struggling to make it] more than her mother[Who played a role with his dad to suffer and raise him up to be what he is]?

Answer me!

Your next mention should come with a direct answer or consider yourself ignored.

1 Like

Re: The Man; His Mother And Wife (my Perspective) by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:19pm On Mar 22, 2020
Interesting thread.....space booked smiley
Re: The Man; His Mother And Wife (my Perspective) by Nobody: 8:20pm On Mar 22, 2020
xendra:
I don't see Dangote's son ever saying he will take care of his mother more than his wifecheesy cheesy Dangote go ask am whether he do baffgrin em mama sef no go gree sad because you no go fit treat her better than her husband.

but you see those ones wey their papa done waste away him youth ehen na dem dey play husband role for their mama dey form care
and some mothers now will even leave their husbands and go live with their child for where the grass is greenergrin las las everybody na gold digger
You get my point. The only reason a mother-in-law will pack her load to her son's house is because she lacks the love of a husband, such mothers have poured all the love in ther heart to their sons such that no love left for the husband. How can you take their love away from them?
A woman that didnt experience a good marriage will unconsciously destroy her sons marriage. This goes both ways tho.
The goodness of a good husband cannot be over emphasized. Be good to your wives, so your kids can have good marriages.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Man; His Mother And Wife (my Perspective) by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 22, 2020
Davash222:
And your mother isn't your fathers relative right? And will your mother give birth to you all over again if you die before her?
Mothers are good at blackmailing their kids sha. Men hardly ever fight their wives over their fathers.
Let your father be the one emotionally in love with your mum, let him be the one to treat her like a wife.

5 Likes

Re: The Man; His Mother And Wife (my Perspective) by Davash222(m): 8:29pm On Mar 22, 2020
rockstarB:

And your mother isn't your fathers relative right? And will your mother give birth to you all over again if you die before her?
Mothers are good at blackmailing their kids sha. Men hardly ever fight their wives over their fathers.
Let your father be the one emotionally in love with your mum, let him be the one to treat her like a wife.
My dear, I'm emotionally in love with my mother.. That's not your business. You are not in the position to tell me who to love.

1 Like

Re: The Man; His Mother And Wife (my Perspective) by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 22, 2020
NextD18:

I asked a question and didn't talk about who to relegate or promote. My question was strictly on LOVE. I mean real and natural LOVE.

Again I ask, you mean a man should LOVE and value her wife[A visitor who was fvckin around when he was struggling to make it] more than her mother[Who played a role with his dad to suffer and raise him up to be what he is]?

Answer me!

Your next mention should come with a direct answer or consider yourself ignored.
You do not need to use the word MORE. In a normal condition nature would take its course. You are building a lifetime with the woman you chose to marry. Whether she was an olosho before doesnt hold water, your parents suffered together to raise you because that is what it takes to raise children, same way your wife's parents did on her.
The way I love my parents and siblings is definitely different from the emotions I feel for a man. That is why a sane man will not have sex or be moved to have sex with his sister, yes you love her but the emotions you feel for her is different from the one you feel towards your wife or gf.
A good mother will not trouble your marriage.

6 Likes

Re: The Man; His Mother And Wife (my Perspective) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 22, 2020
Davash222:

My dear, I'm emotionally in love with my mother.. That's not your business. You are not in the position to tell me who to love.
grin dey there dey deceive yourself. Can you raise a family with your mother? NO, so?

1 Like

Re: The Man; His Mother And Wife (my Perspective) by Davash222(m): 8:36pm On Mar 22, 2020
rockstarB:

grin dey there dey deceive yourself. Can you raise a family with your mother? NO, so?
Davido is a father without a wife, same with Wizkid.

1 Like

Re: The Man; His Mother And Wife (my Perspective) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Mar 22, 2020
Davash222:

Davido is a father without a wife, same with Wizkid.
That way you can perform your husband duties on your mother without a woman being left to feel like the side chick of her husband cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Man; His Mother And Wife (my Perspective) by xendra: 8:59pm On Mar 22, 2020
NextD18:

Answer me!

ehn, na so! na dat same eye your papa take dey look your mama as visitor and na so your son's go value dat their mama wey you dey talk anyhow about here. na sense you just never get grin

that's what the OP is trying to tell you

2 Likes

Re: The Man; His Mother And Wife (my Perspective) by chii8(f): 4:52am On Mar 23, 2020
Hmmm....
Re: The Man; His Mother And Wife (my Perspective) by yeyeosoronga: 5:45am On Mar 23, 2020
Much ado about nothing.
Women should stop carrying marriage on their heads.
They end up being losers for that.
Work on your financial capabilities and don't ever give that up for marriage or raising a family in Nigeria.
Your sacrifices will never be appreciated.
Allow men to love their mothers.
Nobody said you should not love your own mother/father, as they also sacrificed a lot for you.
Treat people with the same courtesy they give to you.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Man; His Mother And Wife (my Perspective) by Nobody: 7:57am On Mar 23, 2020
yeyeosoronga:
Much ado about nothing.
Work on your financial capabilities and don't ever give that up for marriage or raising a family in Nigeria.
Nobody said you should not love your own mother/father, as they also sacrificed a lot for you.
I feel marriage is a bit difficult here because of the subtle competition with the in-laws, you can look out for your parents and siblings but not at the expense of your marriage.
Mothers always win tho, this is the essence of this post itself.
Re: The Man; His Mother And Wife (my Perspective) by crackkhaus: 8:06am On Mar 23, 2020
yeyeosoronga:
Much ado about nothing.
Just to provide another perspective...

The other day one smart-by-half chic was ranting that men do not care about their mothers (or parents generally) as much as women do, which is why men don't stay/visit hospitals to spend time with their sick mothers.

I guess those men were putting their own families and wives above their mothers, and should be commended... No?

3 Likes

Re: The Man; His Mother And Wife (my Perspective) by jaksmillioniar: 8:36am On Mar 23, 2020
rockstarB:
I hardly hear or read of a married woman being at crossroads between choosing her dad over her husband or otherwise, it's always these men relegating their wives(life partner) to derogatory term to elate their mothers.
I have done my observations and come to the conclusion that men that does this or planning to do are raised in a dyfunctional family, a case where their fathers failed in his fatherly and husbands duty. Boys raised in these homes are not blind, they constantly saw their dad treated their mum as a low class citizens. In a worse scenario the mother becomes the father and mother at same time, fending for them and siblings. Yes! You're indebted to your mummy, but not at the detriment of a Good wife. We all are the responsibility of our parents, your mother isn't an exception.
Really? Like some would not mind losing their marriages or wives to their mothers. My brother, stop making the same mistakes your daddy made, else your son(s) will continue where you stopped.
Your mother is the responsibility of your daddy, stop trying to be the husband your daddy wasn't able to be to her, treat your wife the way you wished your daddy treated your mum.
Our mothers sometimes didnt make the best marital choice and we saw the consequences, but then your patner shouldn't have to pay for it.
Wives are not picked from the gutters, they equally have parents that suffered to raise them, yet, you'd hardly ever see a woman in such a compromising position.
You will not get married to your mum or siblings, learn to treat your patner right, set boundaries as well. Dont treat your wife like trash because of your mother, stop trying to be the husband she never had.
shot ur mouth Abd stop typing like a baby u expect me to love my wife over mum. av know my wife 2 years but know mum 38 years.wife can cheat on u Abd cause u pains how many woman are even faithful to hubby.
Re: The Man; His Mother And Wife (my Perspective) by jaksmillioniar: 8:37am On Mar 23, 2020
xendra:
I don't see Dangote's son ever saying he will take care of his mother more than his wifecheesy cheesy Dangote go ask am whether he don baffgrin em mama sef no go gree sad because you no go fit treat her better than her husband.

sware u have Neva cheat on ur hubby b4
Re: The Man; His Mother And Wife (my Perspective) by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 23, 2020
rockstarB:

You get my point. The only reason a mother-in-law will pack her load to her son's house is because she lacks the love of a husband, such mothers have poured all the love in ther heart to their sons such that no love left for the husband. How can you take their love away from them?
A woman that didnt experience a good marriage will unconsciously destroy her sons marriage. This goes both ways tho.
The goodness of a good husband cannot be over emphasized. Be good to your wives, so your kids can have good marriages.
I beg to differ.
Not all people who suffer inflict the same on others.
Some become the blockade of that suffering from touchinv others.
The key to a better life generally whether its marriage or whatever is to have EMPATHY.
When you have empathy you cannot treat a person different from how you would want to be treated.
Re: The Man; His Mother And Wife (my Perspective) by nautybride: 9:46am On Mar 23, 2020
All I see is; People have stopped loving one another a long ago. Imagine the comparison: The place of mothers and wives, is it not different?
Anyone claiming you emotionally love your mother too much should sleep with her and let her birth your children.
Real love tolerate a lot. It's patient and calm.
Love is lost in the world and that is why everything is as it is.

3 Likes

Re: The Man; His Mother And Wife (my Perspective) by Mariangeles(f): 9:53am On Mar 23, 2020
[s]
Davash222:
Your wife may remarry when you die, but your mom will always be your mom even when you die.. [/s]

The bolded is the only truth in that trash you typed.
Low budget assistant NwaAmaikpe!

1 Like

Re: The Man; His Mother And Wife (my Perspective) by desvi: 9:54am On Mar 23, 2020
yeyeosoronga:
Much ado about nothing.

the Nigerian female should avoid marriage like Corona cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Man; His Mother And Wife (my Perspective) by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 23, 2020
Alero3Arubi:

I beg to differ.
Not all people who suffer inflict the same on others.
Some become the blockade of that suffering from touchinv others.
The key to a better life generally whether its marriage or whatever is to have EMPATHY.
When you have empathy you cannot treat a person different from how you would want to be treated.
Yes
While some move on to be a better version of their parents, some fails to move on and become worse version of their parents. It depends in individual

1 Like

Re: The Man; His Mother And Wife (my Perspective) by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 23, 2020
crackkhaus:

Just to provide another perspective...

The other day one smart-by-half chic was ranting that men do not care about their mothers (or parents generally) as much as women do, which is why men don't stay/visit hospitals to spend time with their sick mothers.

I guess those men were putting their own families and wives above their mothers, and should be commended... No?
No they are probably putting their side chicks above both their parents and wives in this scenario cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Man; His Mother And Wife (my Perspective) by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 23, 2020
jaksmillioniar:
shot ur mouth Abd stop typing like a baby u expect me to love my wife over mum. av know my wife 2 years but know mum 38 years.wife can cheat on u Abd cause u pains how many woman are even faithful to hubby.
This is one of the problem we face in Africa, we were never allowed to be a grown individual, we suck our mummy's breast for such a long time that building a family or separating from our parents to be the grown person we are meant to be is difficult.
At 30, some men are still living under their mothers, dictating how their lives should go about, you cannot fully be a grown man or woman under your parents, you have to separate so you can go on the journey of self discovery.
About cheating, I guess women are trying to keep up with ya'll. I'm not in support of adultery in any way

1 Like

Re: The Man; His Mother And Wife (my Perspective) by Mariangeles(f): 10:11am On Mar 23, 2020
rockstarB:

In a man's life, there's a place for his mother, and for his wife.
Most women of nowadays are so selfish, they just want the men all to themselves, ignoring the fact that there's a woman who's always being and who'll always be in his life.
Until they accept that fact, they'll keep competing at their own detriment.
Even the other day, a weakling-poor-excuse-for-man created a thread, asking how to keep his mother away from his home.
Re: The Man; His Mother And Wife (my Perspective) by crackkhaus: 10:30am On Mar 23, 2020
rockstarB:

No they are probably putting their side chicks above both their parents and wives in this scenario cheesy
Yea, men are always evil no matter what. grin
Re: The Man; His Mother And Wife (my Perspective) by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 23, 2020
crackkhaus:

Yea, men are always evil no matter what.
No, if a man really wants to, his wife wont stop him from taking care of his mother in an hospital.

(1) (2) (Reply)

30 Affordable Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Pull Within Few Hours / Why Married Or Engaged Men Get More Sex Than Singles. / Re: Bamise Ayanwola Murdered By BRT Driver - Lessons for the family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.