Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd (96131 Views)

"I Don't Pay Tithes To Winners Chapel Anymore" - Lady; Daddy Freeze Reacts / Pictures Of Winners Chapel International In Maryland, USA / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by bekpo(m): 8:28pm On Mar 23, 2020
majamajic:
No apologies ?

They are blaming the illterate ones for coming

U r very funny!
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by zoe123: 8:28pm On Mar 23, 2020
As at yesterday, I still saw some conductor in lagos on NTA who said they "don't believe corona virus is in Nigeria" . just because you have a cheap data and are privy to information doesn't mean everyone is. But as usual the jambites on this forum will always look for a way to blame the church for their frustration.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by Kingosytex(m): 8:32pm On Mar 23, 2020
gbagyiza:

Why r u trying to cover up sin. Please read Romans 13: 1-2. I am not praying for this but if in that service there was an infected person, what do u think will happen? There r some things that prayer alone cannot solve but physical measures, strict obedience to lay down rules n regulations will do. Moreover, the church have house fellow system, where people from the lower background meet to serve the Lord. Can't the church use those centres to educate n enlighten their members. This is not an excuse.

Oga, nobody is trying to cover up anybody or sin.

What I wrote is what I feel that happened, I owe no one apologies for that.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by kunletexs: 8:37pm On Mar 23, 2020
NoSidonLook:

Ignore them. You can see their hate in their comments
So much bitterness lives within them. Some of them are already living with Bitterness virus,
don't let it affect you
cool

Thanks. Just couldn't understand how shallow many are and holier than thou they project themselves

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by geezyk(m): 8:40pm On Mar 23, 2020
Kingosytex:

It is very possible that the bolded signifies what happened.
And so, they cant turn them back home when they came abi? That's no excuse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by dukeprince50: 8:41pm On Mar 23, 2020
Halo22:
What authority are you referring to? Do we have responsible leadership in the country at large? They even tried by clearing the air in the first place. Useless govt that can't take common care of its citizens.
book of romans said EVERYONE is to obey the authority of a country for every leadership is ordained by God, If Oyedepo did not obey it, it simply means he doesn't obey God.

The govt u call Irresponsible is still same govt telling you to help yourselves but Oyedepo is doing otherwise. Oyedepo doesn't have to obey PMB but obeying govt is a must, even Jesus obeyed the govt

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by travelland(f): 8:42pm On Mar 23, 2020
Obec70:
Why the Church/Mosque +schools? What happens to event centers, clubs, hotels or even markets that has the highest volume of human traffic without religious borders? Something is not adding up here.

Are you surprised?
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by dukeprince50: 8:43pm On Mar 23, 2020
NoSidonLook:

Ignore them. You can see their hate in their comments
So much bitterness lives within them. Some of them are already living with Bitterness virus,
don't let it affect you
cool
As a true man of he was suppose to obey govt authority. Oyedepo fvcked up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by IamHonourable1: 8:44pm On Mar 23, 2020
Kingosytex:
I think the pastor was right.

The church is made up of both literate and illiterate congregants.

Those who came for service might not have been aware of the situation on ground.

Can you twist God's law?The answer is no.So why would you twist a constituted authority's own law just to suit your selfish desires?Govt said stay at home,you defied it,giving excuse of enlightening people.By this singular action,even the Oyedepo has committed sin against God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by Yanglee(m): 8:44pm On Mar 23, 2020
NoSidonLook:
People be looking for the slightest opportunity to harass the church like they are the cause of their frustrations or current position in life

Even when there was nothing like corona virus people still found one thing or another against the church. So their rant is nothing new. They must talk

Good clarification from the special assistant

For those looking for apology. Go to the front of the church, hold up placards and demand for apology
grin

angry

My people perish because of lack of knowledge . If I may ask, what makes a church? The building or the people.

They could adhere to the laws outside the country but against the law here.
Jesus Christ didnt go against the laws of the land when he said give unto Ceasers' what is Ceasers'.

Religion, Politics and ethnicity would be the death of NIGERIA if we aren’t careful.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by IamHonourable1: 8:46pm On Mar 23, 2020
[quote author=NoSidonLook post=87701019]People be looking for the slightest opportunity to harass the church like they are the cause of their frustrations or current position in life

Even when there was nothing like corona virus people still found one thing or another against the church. So their rant is nothing new. They must talk

For those looking for apology. Go to the front of the church, hold up placards and demand for apology
grin

Coming from a dedicated christian indeed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by dukeprince50: 8:47pm On Mar 23, 2020
zoe123:
As at yesterday, I still saw some conductor in lagos on NTA who said they "don't believe corona virus is in Nigeria" . just because you have a cheap data and are privy to information doesn't mean everyone is. But as usual the jambites on this forum will always look for a way to blame the church for their frustration.
They do not believe corona is in Nigeria is different from they haven't heard of it. The government Job is to give the info, its not their Job to make u believe, that is ur Job. There are people who don't believe there is God anyways.
There are still people who believe the earth isn't flat

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by fof1: 8:49pm On Mar 23, 2020
HigherEd:
The governor must have been quite annoyed. Churches as big as Winners must for now switch to house fellowships. The odds of having a contaminated member amongst 300k people is very high.

Respond Fairly Through Knowledge.
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by TUANKU(m): 8:51pm On Mar 23, 2020
Kingosytex:

Those who came for service might not have been aware of the situation on ground.
If the church wasn't open for service they would have turned back like it happened with other churches. Don't be as stupid as the pastor.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by benflow7(m): 8:52pm On Mar 23, 2020
Everyone has a right to his/her thought; if the church has violated the directive of the government let the law take it course rather than we all throwing stones.
Am sure many of us one way or the other still went into a crowded place even after the government directive and no one gave a bleep about it.
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by Kennydoc(m): 8:53pm On Mar 23, 2020
masterP042:

Funny enough u didn't see the other things but focused on social distancing, anyway if u have reasoning you would still know that social distancing is apt at this point in time, and even if it's not about this point in time still better than gathering in churches and talking about imaginary things and scamming the poor of their money

The point I was trying to make is that there is time for everything. Social distancing may be the best for now, but there wasn't any need for the comparisons you made. After this pandemic is over, people won't talk about social distancing again till another pandemic.

Social distancing is not the way the world should function. It's an abnormality which needs to be adopted now to save lives. It is not necessarily better than gathering in a church, but it is the preferred option now. There are many depressed people in the past who were saved from suicides by the words they heard and experiences they had in churches. If they had gone the way of social distancing, many would have died long ago.

Las las it has proven that sanitizer is stronger than anointing oil, face mask better than mantle, social distancing better than church gathering.
This is the beginning of the end of religion

What's my point? Your initial comparisons in a bid to belittle the church was baseless.
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by travelland(f): 8:53pm On Mar 23, 2020
DCmonster:
Am sorry, you sound like a zombie. Are you one? I don't live in trini, but how can you compare tribago with Nigeria? They have far better system than Nigeria can ever get in years to come. I was in Lagos 3 months ago as well.

grin This insult Nigeria receives on daily basis isn't justified. Trinidad and Tobago health system isn't better than Nigeria
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by dukeprince50: 8:54pm On Mar 23, 2020
nuclearboy:
The problem with this statement, is that he said closing churches is like closing hospitals

This is just an attempt at damage control
Lol one guy told me, the hospital will not save him but God therefore he will go to church. I asked him how many covid-19 cases has the church cured and let's compare it to the ones hospital has cured, the problem is that I am his roommate
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by ibinaboonline: 8:55pm On Mar 23, 2020
Apologize for what exactly? Didn't you read what was said at all?
majamajic:
No apologies ?

They are blaming the illterate ones for coming

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by Doyin2(m): 8:55pm On Mar 23, 2020
Very very stupid excuse.

So RCCG or Nasfat does not have illiterates?

Very useless,arrogant and rebellious business "pastor."

If you had locked the gates to your church,who would have entered?

Is illiteracy defined only by English language?

Even my grand mother in the village was very much aware of government's restriction.
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by Chamberlin1983(m): 8:56pm On Mar 23, 2020
Exactly my taughts
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by dukeprince50: 8:56pm On Mar 23, 2020
benflow7:
Everyone has a right to his/her thought; if the church has violated the directive of the government let the law take it course rather than we all throwing stones.
Am sure many of us one way or the other still went into a crowded place even after the government directive and no one gave a bleep about it.
If the govt deal with Oyedepo, u ppl still shout he is against Christian.
If I become president for just a week, I swear I will sanitize the stupidity of the people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by bighorlus(m): 8:56pm On Mar 23, 2020
Kingosytex:

And the literate members who run the church didn't see it fit to ask them to go back home. It was too much of a risk having those people in church
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by travelland(f): 8:57pm On Mar 23, 2020
Seun why are people who don't believe in God allowed to comment here? bro don't let God judge you, you ain't wiser than Him.

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by Lovelyn451(f): 8:57pm On Mar 23, 2020
Everybody be shouting he disobeyed govt. Orders. Abeg Which mumu govt.??...like seriously people still listen to buhari?? Heheeey

Abegi Everybody follow your mind and listen to updates from our darling med lab scientists and doctors and above all watch and pray!!!

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by edoairways: 9:03pm On Mar 23, 2020
Kingosytex:

Many Nigerians especially the illiterate aren't aware of the epidemic. This shows that the media aren't doing enough to sensitize the populace. This is what they should done during the yuletide instead they waited till epidemic started causing plague before taking drastic action.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by edoairways: 9:06pm On Mar 23, 2020
StPete:
Gibberish of the highest order. First things first, who in this present day Nigeria isn’t aware of corona virus?

Secondly, you can safely inform and enlighten people about corona virus via your house fellowships or through the media. The mere convergence of more than 50 people with the likelihood of spreading the disease is worse than teaching them about the disease.

This is just mere foolish talk and trying to save face amidst the blasting they received. So Adeboye that did house fellowship doesn’t have illiterate members in his church. Fvcking senseless PA/SA
Many are not aware as I type.. Many still believe it is a scam even in big cities like Lagos
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by Reference(m): 9:08pm On Mar 23, 2020
Its a Nigerian thing. The inability to obey instructions. The Church expects the police to force them before compliance.
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by DCmonster: 9:09pm On Mar 23, 2020
travelland:

grin This insult Nigeria receives on daily basis isn't justified. Trinidad and Tobago health system isn't better than Nigeria
Say what you know 100% only. As a matter of fact tribago have more than enough nurses that they are even sponsoring some to the UK. Their health care system is 100% better than that of Nigeria. I was in Nigeria in November /december, as a matter of fact I even visited LUTH as an alumni.
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by edoairways: 9:11pm On Mar 23, 2020
Lanre4uonly:
Should we now conclude that those that came for the church service yesterday are not connected with the latest happenings?

If yes, why can't a banner be placed outside the church premises notifying such worshippers(s) about the "stay at home" order/preventive measures by the Government or better still, two or more of the church workers be saddled with the responsibility of notifying such worshippers on the church premises about the suspension of church service for now.

Honestly, the fact still remains that if this Covid-19 should get out of hand (God forbid), i doubt if we can handle the total spread.

This is the best thing the Government can do for us now as a citizen, which is just to obey all their preventive measures already highlighted.

May God heal our land and set us free from this virus.

#StaySafe.
Ironically most winner's member have home cell fellowship. I wonder why they Oyedepo didn't direct members to hold house fellowship. Some churches complied by live streaming their messages via other platforms. However before castigating Winners, some Orthodox churches held Mothering Sunday yesterday inspite of the directives
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by edoairways: 9:14pm On Mar 23, 2020
zoe123:
If Redeem and synagogue would comply, why shouldn't LFC
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by Ddy(m): 9:17pm On Mar 23, 2020
NoSidonLook:
People be looking for the slightest opportunity to harass the church like they are the cause of their frustrations or current position in life

grin

angry

Dey run ur mouth,don't forget u carry am.mumu

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

1000 NAMES, TITLES, AND ATTRIBUTES OF GOD (A-Z)WITH BIBLE VERSES / George Castro-Yankey Caught In Sex Scandal - VIDEO / Man Compares Magician Who 'Walks In The Air' To Jesus (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.