Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,303 members, 7,822,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd (96126 Views)

"I Don't Pay Tithes To Winners Chapel Anymore" - Lady; Daddy Freeze Reacts / Pictures Of Winners Chapel International In Maryland, USA / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by edoairways: 9:17pm On Mar 23, 2020
dukeprince50:
If the govt deal with Oyedepo, u ppl still shout he is against Christian.
If I become president for just a week, I swear I will sanitize the stupidity of the people.
There is nothing you can do. You can only wish to accomplish a thing but when you get there it is a different thing entirely.
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by am4truth(m): 9:17pm On Mar 23, 2020
OTayobami:
What Insolence! I am a Christian but that won't stop me from saying the truth, how can you put the lives of the masses in jeopardy?!
*Modified*
I am not bothered about any tithe or offering but going to this length to disobey government orders shows how irresponsible he is and does not care about the masses.
Why not tell them to stay at home and make their prayers to God, even tho there are some illiterates that are not aware or can't connect with the online service

Pure nonsense.. Who do you think you are?
Shift jo..
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 23, 2020
OTayobami:
What Insolence! I am a Christian but that won't stop me from saying the truth, how can you put the lives of the masses in jeopardy?!
*Modified*
I am not bothered about any tithe or offering but going to this length to disobey government orders shows how irresponsible he is and does not care about the masses.
Why not tell them to stay at home and make their prayers to God, even tho there are some illiterates that are not aware or can't connect with the online service
A true christian would be silent.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by masterP042(m): 9:29pm On Mar 23, 2020
Kennydoc:

Las las it has proven that sanitizer is stronger than anointing oil, face mask better than mantle, social distancing better than church gathering.
This is the beginning of the end of religion

What's my point? Your initial comparisons in a bid to belittle the church was baseless.
My comparisons were not baseless, cos it relates to now majorly. Cos on a normal day, what should we be doing with sanitizers and face masks? Even on a normal day, there shouldn't be any comparison between the two if not for this corona virus, but u singling out social distancing and taking the case surrounding it( covid 19) away which is the basis of the comparison in the first place even if it wasn't mentioned, showed you're just being biased in the argument at hand. It's just like comparing sanitizer and anointing oil outside the case of this pandemic and prevention of disease.

Justifying church gathering, well, everything may have an advantage, but the issue is when the disadvantage is probably more devastating than the advantage. Yes, it may bring succor to depressed souls, weed and alcohol does the same, even brothels etc should we now because of it, publicize them? .

when judging a thing we judge it by the main purpose of their mission. U have a gateman that waters your flowers for u, but he doesn't man the gate he's being paid for, would u say he's useful? That's the same thing church does? They claim there's God that created heaven, who can heal diseases, perform miracles, make their followers rich if they surrender their money, promise them heaven after earth and yet there's no proof that these things exclusively happen to those who are only Christians, and some of their claims faults when scrutinized. Imagine church, a so called healing centre, being closed down at this moment of pandemic when it's needed most. It shows how fraudulent they are.. And about depressed people, I hardly hear when pastors claim they're psychologists or that the church is a rehab, that's not in their main calling.
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by dukeprince50: 9:34pm On Mar 23, 2020
edoairways:

There is nothing you can do. You can only wish to accomplish a thing but when you get there it is a different thing entirely.
that is why I really feel for PMB when people insult him, its not easy
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by kyella(f): 9:34pm On Mar 23, 2020
if they had locked their gates would the congregation force demselves in?? if they had done head count as the people came in will the 51st person break down the gate...#reckless
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by dukeprince50: 9:34pm On Mar 23, 2020
Ranks007:
A true christian would be silent.
A true Christian will speak the truth
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 23, 2020
dukeprince50:
A true Christian will speak the truth
No true christian would criticise priestly authority, bc it God's to judge.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by dukeprince50: 9:40pm On Mar 23, 2020
Ranks007:
No true christian would criticise priestly authority, bc it God's to judge.
A true Christian was to obey Govt order as stated in Romans chpt3 and Oyedepo is suppose to lead, he sinned against God and man. He needs to seek forgiveness from God and if he is not all proud and arrogant, he also need to apologize to the govt
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by HazzanTazzan(m): 9:41pm On Mar 23, 2020
Kingosytex:
I think the pastor was right.

The church is made up of both literate and illiterate congregants.

Those who came for service might not have been aware of the situation on ground.

They must be as stoopeed as you not to know whats going on...

Every illiterate i know knew churches and mosques services have been suspended
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by nedzuby: 9:43pm On Mar 23, 2020
Kingosytex:

It is very possible that the bolded signifies what happened.

I Find that very difficult to believe.

If really they wanted to stop people from coming all they would have done is to stop the buses from leaving their locations.

Many of their members are from Lagos and if they don’t see the buses or the information passed through the bus drivers about the new information people won’t be at service
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by bionixs: 9:44pm On Mar 23, 2020
majamajic:
No apologies ?

They are blaming the illterate ones for coming
shitting through the mouth is free. You can get ready for another poo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by tagborume: 9:45pm On Mar 23, 2020
Most time I ask myself where do this people have the time, strength and the courage to run down achievers. It's not new for spectators to run down a star player. Wait until we hear a Winners member been infected with the virus. In the absence of an infected member abeg make baba rest

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by ACE1010: 9:47pm On Mar 23, 2020
majamajic:
No apologies ?

They are blaming the illterate ones for coming

grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by Nobody: 9:53pm On Mar 23, 2020
dukeprince50:
A true Christian was to obey Govt order as stated in Romans chpt3 and Oyedepo is suppose to lead, he sinned against God and man. He needs to seek forgiveness from God and if he is not all proud and arrogant, he also need to apologize to the govt
On your part, you seem to have fallen short of the scripture I earlier quoted by further falling to Matt 7:3 - 5 again.
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by travelland(f): 10:01pm On Mar 23, 2020
DCmonster:
Say what you know 100% only. As a matter of fact tribago have more than enough nurses that they are even sponsoring some to the UK. Their health care system is 100% better than that of Nigeria. I was in Nigeria in November /december, as a matter of fact I even visited LUTH as an alumni.

grin. Being in Nigeria for two months makes you an authority on our health sector grin grin grin
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by dukeprince50: 10:01pm On Mar 23, 2020
Ranks007:
On your part, you seem to have fallen short of the scripture I earlier quoted by further falling to Matt 7:3 - 5 again.
So because I talked of his mistake, you want to attack me? Seriously
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by dukeprince50: 10:02pm On Mar 23, 2020
tagborume:
Most time I ask myself where do this people have the time, strength and the courage to run down achievers. It's not new for spectators to run down a star player. Wait until we hear a Winners member been infected with the virus. In the absence of an infected member abeg make baba rest
so we have to wait till there is a case
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by iswallker(m): 10:06pm On Mar 23, 2020
[s]
HigherEd:
PRESS STATEMENT FROM LIVING FAITH CHURCH ON CHURCH SERVICE OF MARCH 22, 2020

*Coronavirus: Compliance with Government Order – Matters Arising*

It has become necessary to issue this statement to clarify issues surrounding why Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, the International Headquarters of Living Faith Church in Ogun State, held church service on Sunday, although with less than half of her regular worshippers.

There have been diverse responses varying from well-meaning concerns to uncharitable insinuations, misinterpretations, and unfounded allegations that the service was held in deliberate defiance of Ogun State Government ban on high-density gatherings, in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic. Nothing can be further from the truth.

For avoidance of doubt, as stakeholders and as a responsible organisation, Living Faith Church fully supports and encourages compliance with all initiatives of government to combat the spread of this dreaded virus. However, information has to be strategically disseminated to the grassroot, noting that the Church is a family and not an industry, it is for this reason that enlightenment and sensitization from the Church platform is a most effective way to get people involved in playing their part in terms of prayers and intercessions and not just staying away from Church without knowing what to do.

Invariably, a press release from the office of the CAN President, through his Special Assistant on media on Saturday March 21, 2020, expressed the same position that members who may gather in church premises, many of whom may not be aware of this regulations should be allowed to worship for the purpose of enlightenment on the subject matter.

As we all know, the Church is made up of both literate and illiterate congregants; many are not in touch with any of the modern platforms of communication and this is what we did yesterday. Indeed, the service was devoted entirely to sensitizing and mobilizing members of the Church regarding the danger of this deadly virus and the need to comply with government directives.

The Bishop has since engaged Ogun State Government at the highest level to clarify this issue and any misgivings and reiterated the full support of the church for the State Government’s efforts to ensure public safety, towards curtailing the spread of this deadly virus. He appreciates the opportunity of direct engagement and the understanding of the government. Cooperation to safeguard public safety is not just a moral obligation or civic responsibility; the church also considers it a spiritual duty.

For instance, to show how law abiding our organisation is and in compliance with government directives, all our primary and secondary schools across the nation have been directed to close down. Also, our students at Landmark University, Omuaran, Kwara State were sent back home, while Covenant University Students, who are currently on vacation were instructed to stay back at home while awaiting further directives from government.

As a responsible and law abiding organization we wish to state that will ensure compliance with the government directives in all our churches across the state .

The Church shall continue to engage all necessary logistics to ensure compliance with government directives and continue to pray for speedy divine intervention to stem this deadly virus.

Pastor Steve Ogah
Special Assistant to Bishop David Oyedepo

https://www.facebook.com/444807728996437/posts/1991025694374625/
[/s]

Lies oh God. How did we get here..

They used a whole church service to sensitized people on covid-19 but maintaining social distance was nkt one of the topics I guess. And they took tithes..

Ahhhhhhhh why christ embassy... This is too much a lie... shocked shocked shocked
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by ekestic1976(f): 10:06pm On Mar 23, 2020
OTayobami:

Mr lie detector! Weldon sir!

You're the Lie, forlorn Nigerian.
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by Firstsonkingkin: 10:07pm On Mar 23, 2020
Very confused being (scammers)
Church is family and not industry, and also stated by you that as an organization.. that is to say organization is now different from industry? Mr Man you are confusing your gullible members
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by Ghokes(m): 10:18pm On Mar 23, 2020
Damage control
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by FlipModeSquade(m): 10:20pm On Mar 23, 2020
NoSidonLook:
People be looking for the slightest opportunity to harass the church like they are the cause of their frustrations or current position in life

Even when there was nothing like corona virus people still found one thing or another against the church. So their rant is nothing new. They must talk

Good clarification from the special assistant

For those looking for apology. Go to the front of the church, hold up placards and demand for apology
grin

angry
You have said NOTHING,just like the said press release have said NOTHING.. angry

Your god of men had no qualms closing down his church overseas and here he is talking trash and giving useless excuses..
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by Karac: 10:20pm On Mar 23, 2020
Lol... that excuse is dumb tho. But it's nice to know he blamed his dumb members for all that happened. Son in-law turned special assistant sighted.
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by Kennydoc(m): 10:25pm On Mar 23, 2020
masterP042:

My comparisons were not baseless, cos it relates to now majorly. Cos on a normal day, what should we be doing with sanitizers and face masks? Even on a normal day, there shouldn't be any comparison between the two if not for this corona virus, but u singling out social distancing and taking the case surrounding it( covid 19) away which is the basis of the comparison in the first place even if it wasn't mentioned, showed you're just being biased in the argument at hand. It's just like comparing sanitizer and anointing oil outside the case of this pandemic and prevention of disease.

Justifying church gathering, well, everything may have an advantage, but the issue is when the disadvantage is probably more devastating than the advantage. Yes, it may bring succor to depressed souls, weed and alcohol does the same, even brothels etc should we now because of it, publicize them? .

when judging a thing we judge it by the main purpose of their mission. U have a gateman that waters your flowers for u, but he doesn't man the gate he's being paid for, would u say he's useful? That's the same thing church does? They claim there's God that created heaven, who can heal diseases, perform miracles, make their followers rich if they surrender their money, promise them heaven after earth and yet there's no proof that these things exclusively happen to those who are only Christians, and some of their claims faults when scrutinized. Imagine church, a so called healing centre, being closed down at this moment of pandemic when it's needed most. It shows how fraudulent they are.. And about depressed people, I hardly hear when pastors claim they're psychologists or that the church is a rehab, that's not in their main calling.

The point in bold shows the main reason why you wrote what you wrote. To you, it was an opportunity to attack the church and nothing more. You wanted to make a point that Christianity isn't worthwhile, and it was obvious from the very beginning.

Now, you're asking how churches that claim to be healing centres are closed down when people have been attacking and abusing a few churches that opened yesterday. So the church should go against the order of the governments?

You see, buildings have been temporarily shut, but buildings don't define the Church. The Church is the people of God. Gatherings of the people of God are being held online now, so the Church hasn't been stopped.

You're probably an atheist or an agnostic. You haven't got any answers to the questions of life and existence. People are seeking for answers to the meaning of life. They have found it in believing in God, whom you don't believe in. Leave them to their beliefs. Many lives have been transformed by the Church in the last 2000 years. Even the civilization of Nigeria was heralded by the church before politicians from Britain took over. Many societies have been transformed for good by the entry of the Church. Leave Christians to their belief in God and embrace your unbelief. Before the next 80 years, we will know who was right and who was wrong.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by edoairways: 10:40pm On Mar 23, 2020
dukeprince50:
that is why I really feel for PMB when people insult him, its not easy
Yeah it is my brother
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by encryptjay(m): 10:40pm On Mar 23, 2020
I'm disappointed, whether literate or illiterate, you could have easily turned them back or even sensitise them at the entrance. They goofed big time, all these explanations na Turenci.
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by southpole: 10:42pm On Mar 23, 2020
Mizwisdom:

The society and not the church has failed. Is the church being allowed to gather and pray against the virus? NO! the first attack was against gathering in the church. This is the time for fervent prayers but the state has stopped it so why criticize the church?

If you carefully follow Jesus' teaching you will not have problem being a Christian but if you want to show that you know more than Jesus that is where you will have problems. Must you gather in thousands before you pray? The answer is no. Jesus said where 2 or 3 gather in his name he is in their midst, and must you goto church before you pray? Again the answer is no. Jesus said if you want to pray go into your room lock the door and pray quietly your father who sees what is being done in secret will reward you. Don't try to show that you know more than Jesus.
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by southpole: 10:44pm On Mar 23, 2020
Mizwisdom:

God is truly kind, if I was him atheism will not exist
This may be the kind of statements that made Jesus to say to the Pharisees that prostitutes will enter the kingdom of God before them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

1000 NAMES, TITLES, AND ATTRIBUTES OF GOD (A-Z)WITH BIBLE VERSES / George Castro-Yankey Caught In Sex Scandal - VIDEO / Man Compares Magician Who 'Walks In The Air' To Jesus (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.