Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Steps To Take When Your Phone Is Stolen - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Steps To Take When Your Phone Is Stolen (798 Views)

Help, My Two Days Old Gionee A1lite Is Stolen! / See Why Your Infinix Phone Is Not Charging/ Not Charging Fast / Help Please, My Phone Is Showing Number Busy Even When Its Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Steps To Take When Your Phone Is Stolen by isaac101: 9:23pm On Mar 23, 2020
Steps to Take when your Phone is Stolen
[img]https://1.bp..com/-K4wrmFJjM8Y/XnSHIWLCD-I/AAAAAAAAAGM/Jjo1L7erOioEkmRCXmaRuDei7cZ0p0UVwCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/stolen%2Bphone.jpg[/img]

As the population is increasing so also the criminal activity is also increasing especially in the area of phone theft. This article is to serve as an eye-opener to what measure should be taken when your phone is being stolen. We are living in a digitalized world where almost everything we do is tied our smartphones and internet below I would be listing things that should be done

Action to Be Taken When You Experience Phone Theft

Block your sim card: This is where people get is wrong immediately you notice that your phone has been stolen, even before you post on social media or report to any law enforcing agent, the first thing that is required of you to do is to call the call centre of your sim carrier to immediately block your sim card. As I said earlier on that we now live in a digitalized world it is important to block your sim especially if you are not using sim password. Gone are those days when your sim card is not that useful and can get another immediately you lost one, now the narrative has changed because your sim carries your personal information and for another criminal or fraudulent activity especially the one that carries your BVN number which gives them the power to collect loan on your behalf without your knowledge. So it is very important to block your sim card

Continue Reading

(1) (Reply)

Airtel / . / You Want To Manage Data Usage On Your Smartphone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.