Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST - Business (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST (454878 Views)

NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu / USPS Package Delivery Problems / Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by laura23: 11:19am On Feb 26, 2015
have you received you item yet?
domack99:
I check USPS site and the information there says my package is with Nigeria Custom and when i check the Nipost site its state " Receive Item at Office of Exchange". I called NIPOST official line to know what " Receive Item at Office of Exchange" means and the lady said it means the package is with them but since 11th of February i have been calling on the status of the package but no definite answer, its always call back later, no light or system is down.

I don't know who to believe, USPS or NIPOST, do any body has an idea of how long it takes for customs to clear package through Nipost, a package that was sent some days ago through DHL that passes through same Customs has been delivered.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by fixed123: 6:40pm On Mar 04, 2015
i wanna be sent phones from Califonia next week through fedex how many days does it take to reach Nigeria and he wanna slot in dollar to for me is it safe?
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Mynd44: 6:43pm On Mar 04, 2015
fixed123:
i wanna be sent phones from Califonia next week through fedex how many days does it take to reach Nigeria and he wanna slot in dollar to for me is it safe?
Do not send cash, Valuables and travel documents like this.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by fixed123: 6:58pm On Mar 04, 2015
Mynd44:

Do not send cash, Valuables and travel documents like this.

Thanks u guess i will tell him to send just phones.. i just thought since they dont open the packages dollar can be sent with it ..
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Originalsly: 6:12am On Mar 05, 2015
fixed123:
Depends on where in Nigeria...always faster in larger cities. The sender would be told how long it should take. After paying for shipment I don't
think the sender would be left with cash to slot! FYI...it is illegal to send cash in

1 Like

Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Ayo001: 10:13am On Mar 10, 2015
Nice thread.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by ibietela2(m): 2:59pm On Mar 19, 2015
Hello;

My package for order i placed last year just arrived and with a hole on the pack and #500 was collected from me my next order is pending too. the worst part no tracking code
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by mionard: 12:11pm On Mar 25, 2015
Pls room like how much am I gonna spend to collect an iphone 5 from USA?
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by mionard: 1:43pm On Mar 25, 2015
I mean from the post office.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by tico1212(m): 1:10pm On Apr 05, 2015
Good morning NL, I have a package sent from US since march 19, and the last update was
Your item departed a transfer airport in Murtala Muhammed, Lagos, NIGERIA on March 27, 2015 at 6:35 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
I tracked it on NIPOST and there was no update. Can any one help with what DEPARTED A TRANSFER means?
Happy Easter
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Mynd44: 1:14pm On Apr 05, 2015
tico1212:
Good morning NL, I have a package sent from US since march 19, and the recent update is
Your item departed a transfer airport in Murtala Muhammed, Lagos, NIGERIA on March 27, 2015 at 6:35 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
I tried to track on NIPOST and there is no update. Can any one help with what DEPARTED A TRANSFER mean?
Your package is at your nearest post office. Go pick it up.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by tico1212(m): 1:17pm On Apr 05, 2015
But when I called some days ago, I was told to wait for 2 weeks. Could it be the package is missing?
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Mynd44: 1:20pm On Apr 05, 2015
tico1212:
But when I called some days ago, I was told to wait for 2 weeks. Could it be the package is missing?
You called? Go there personally and make enquires
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by tico1212(m): 1:28pm On Apr 05, 2015
I will. Thanks
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by kingteeee: 12:31am On Apr 07, 2015
Hello NL please your candid advice is needed please a friend want to send me package for las Vegas US to Nigeria, but my problem is that where should I ask him to send it through, is it through DHL or through post office or Nipost and please which address should I give him, is it my home address or the nearest post office address? Please your urgent advice is needed
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Mynd44: 4:57am On Apr 07, 2015
kingteeee:
Hello NL please your candid advice is needed please a friend want to send me package for las Vegas US to Nigeria, but my problem is that where should I ask him to send it through, is it through DHL or through post office or Nipost and please which address should I give him, is it my home address or the nearest post office address? Please your urgent advice is needed
It depends really.

If you and your friend can afford DHL please use it as it is easier, more reliable and without the headaches (which seems to be the reason we are here). DHL can either deliver to your house or their nearest office and you pick it up.

If for some reason you use NIPOST, put your address there but you will have to pick it up by yourself at the nearest post office as I doubt they do home delivery
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by twiceinmay01: 9:46am On Apr 07, 2015
Hi Everyone. Please your help is needed. My sister sent me a phone from USA ( Iphone6 ) since last week by dhl and i tracked it this morning. What i saw was " Further Detail:
A clearance other than standard Customs entry is required for this shipment.
Next Step:
Further processing will occur as instructed by the regulatory authority. A DHL representative shall attempt to contact the importer or shipper if further information is required"
Please what does that mean and what do i have to do?
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Mynd44: 10:03am On Apr 07, 2015
twiceinmay01:
Hi Everyone. Please your help is needed. My sister sent me a phone from USA ( Iphone6 ) since last week by dhl and i tracked it this morning. What i saw was " Further Detail:
A clearance other than standard Customs entry is required for this shipment.
Next Step:
Further processing will occur as instructed by the regulatory authority. A DHL representative shall attempt to contact the importer or shipper if further information is required"
Please what does that mean and what do i have to do?
This is what you should do. Allow DHL handle their business
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by kingteeee: 10:39am On Apr 07, 2015
Mynd44:

It depends really.

If you and your friend can afford DHL please use it as it is easier, more reliable and without the headaches (which seems to be the reason we are here). DHL can either deliver to your house or their nearest office and you pick it up.

If for some reason you use NIPOST, put your address there but you will have to pick it up by yourself at the nearest post office as I doubt they do home delivery
I really appreciate you for your advice but I heard DHL charges is too high and please do you think it is more reliable and faster than NIPOST
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Mynd44: 10:44am On Apr 07, 2015
kingteeee:
I really appreciate you for your advice but I heard DHL charges is too high and please do you think it is more reliable and faster than NIPOST
NIPOST is neither more reliable nor faster. It is just cheaper
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by kingteeee: 12:47pm On Apr 07, 2015
Mynd44:

NIPOST is neither more reliable nor faster. It is just cheaper
alright thanks so much for you help.... I will give NIPOST a trial, I think the nearby post office address will be the best option for the required address or what do you think sir and please like how many days can it takes to get my package using NIPOST?
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by tico1212(m): 1:53pm On Apr 07, 2015
Mynd44:

You called? Go there personally and make enquires
Good morning,I went to the head office in ibadan and I was told the package hasn't arrive to their office yet. The man I met called lagos and they said the same thing.
Here is the package journey so far
March 27, 2015 , 6:35 am
Departed
Lagos, NIGERIA
March 26, 2015 , 10:05 pm
Departed
Casablanca, MOROCCO
March 25, 2015 , 5:45 pm
Departed
New York, UNITED STATES
March 24, 2015 , 1:43 pm
Arrived
New York, UNITED STATES
March 24, 2015 , 9:41 am
Processed Through Sort Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 
March 23, 2015 , 8:22 am
Arrived at Sort Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 
March 21, 2015 , 1:41 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
TAMPA, FL 33630 
March 20, 2015 , 1:15 am
Departed USPS Facility
ORLANDO, FL 32862 
March 20, 2015 , 12:42 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
ORLANDO, FL 32862 
March 19, 2015 , 5:00 pm
Arrived at Unit
ORLANDO, FL 32862 
March 19, 2015 , 4:40 pm
Departed Post Office
CLARCONA, FL 32710 
March 19, 2015 , 11:00 am
Acceptance
CLARCONA, FL 32710

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by twiceinmay01: 3:27pm On Apr 07, 2015
Ok. I'm just curious because the package suppose to deliver today
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by twiceinmay01: 3:29pm On Apr 07, 2015
Mynd44:

This is what you should do. Allow DHL handle their business
Ok. I'm just curious because the package suppose to deliver today
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by twiceinmay01: 6:08pm On Apr 07, 2015
Hello. Please i need your help. someone sent me a phone ( iphone6 ) last week monday and when i tracked it last week wednessday, it says ' custom hold' then when i tracked it again on thurdays, it says further verification required.
So today, I got a letter from dhl office with last week wednesday date ( 01/04/2015) saying that " We have been unable to deliver this shipment to your address, due to its current stoppage by the A Nigerian Regulatory Agency (NDLEA). They have requested that you or your representative be available at our lagos airport office for further calrification that would speed up the release of this shipment.

Time of attendance would be between 09:00 $ 16:00 hrs. Please keep in time. You are advice to come with proof of purchase, data page of shipper's int'l passport, work permit of shipper and short note fro shipper stating relationship with consignee."

Please what should i do?
Urgent pls!! cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Mynd44: 6:34pm On Apr 07, 2015
twiceinmay01:
Hello. Please i need your help. someone sent me a phone ( iphone6 ) last week monday and when i tracked it last week wednessday, it says ' custom hold' then when i tracked it again on thurdays, it says further verification required.
So today, I got a letter from dhl office with last week wednesday date ( 01/04/2015) saying that " We have been unable to deliver this shipment to your address, due to its current stoppage by the A Nigerian Regulatory Agency (NDLEA). They have requested that you or your representative be available at our lagos airport office for further calrification that would speed up the release of this shipment.

Time of attendance would be between 09:00 $ 16:00 hrs. Please keep in time. You are advice to come with proof of purchase, data page of shipper's int'l passport, work permit of shipper and short note fro shipper stating relationship with consignee."

Please what should i do?
Urgent pls!! cry cry cry cry cry cry
Do you have those documents?
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by twiceinmay01: 6:35pm On Apr 07, 2015
Mynd44:

Do you have those documents?
NO.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Mynd44: 6:45pm On Apr 07, 2015
twiceinmay01:

NO.
Who does?
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by twiceinmay01: 6:48pm On Apr 07, 2015
Mynd44:

Who does?
Sorry. I dont understand you.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Mynd44: 6:54pm On Apr 07, 2015
twiceinmay01:

Sorry. I dont understand you.
Who is with the documents?
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by twiceinmay01: 6:57pm On Apr 07, 2015
Mynd44:

Who is with the documents?
The document is with my sister and the phone receipt and other documents are inside the package.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (106) (Reply)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 / Free Skill Acquisition E-Center / How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.