Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,246 members, 7,818,839 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST - Business (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST (454334 Views)

NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu / USPS Package Delivery Problems / Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Mynd44: 3:19pm On Jun 18, 2015
MrsNaira:

Thanks for your objective reply.

Please which post office did you receive the two phones/ parcels?

The one at Obanikoro in Lagos.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by BrainyBoi(m): 3:31pm On Jun 18, 2015
Mynd44:

*sighs*
I don't know what to say. I have heard stories where people got robbed or their goods removed and cheap ones were put inside the package. I have heard complaints of packages completely going missing.
I have also heard reports of everything going fine and the receiver not having any problems at all.

On a personal level, I have collected two phones sent(in on package) through NIPOST andI got the package within the stipulated 10 working days and I only had to pay 3k to get them.

I cannot categorically say everyone else has had it smoothly so I cant tell you what to do or what not to do.

Please which shipping method did you use?
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Mynd44: 3:32pm On Jun 18, 2015
BrainyBoi:

Please which shipping method did you use?
USPS and NIPOST
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by MrsNaira(f): 5:26pm On Jun 18, 2015
Mynd44:

The one at Obanikoro in Lagos.

Okay, thank you.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by BrainyBoi(m): 8:31pm On Jun 18, 2015
Mynd44:

USPS and NIPOST

So, if I use DHL now, where would it be delivered?
And where I go pay the charges? Is it Lagos or they would send it over to Abuja, then I pay
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by MrsNaira(f): 8:59pm On Jun 18, 2015
BrainyBoi:

So, if I use DHL now, where would it be delivered?
And where I go pay the charges? Is it Lagos or they would send it over to Abuja, then I pay

It will be delivered to the address you give them.
You'll pay the sender for the shipping and when your goods are delivered to you, you may or may not be billed customs duty.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by BrainyBoi(m): 7:05am On Jun 19, 2015
MrsNaira:

It will be delivered to the address you give them.
You'll pay the sender for the shipping and when your goods are delivered to you, you may or may not be billed customs duty.

Thank you. I really appreciate ☺ smiley smiley wink wink
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by oribi(m): 8:31am On Jun 19, 2015
BrainyBoi:
Hello guys, there's this dumb question I've been trying to ask.

I want to order some phones and ship with DHL to Abuja, Nigeria. But with all I've been reading about Customs duty and the likes, I'm wondering where I'll have to pay the fees. Is it in Lagos or Abuja?

I stay in Abuja. Would I have to go down to Lagos customs office to clear the phones or here in Abuja. I'm actually confused about this.

Also, is there any way I can dodge paying much? grin If I use other (free shipping) methods like Singapore Post, would I have to pay such fees? Does Nipost charge like that too?

Hope to hear from you soon. smiley

dhl and ups somethings do take customs duty but don't know the complete reason for that,and that should be taken in your city of residence.
secondly if you want to avoid custom duty why not break your packages into different shipment using less expensive shipment like china post et all
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by oribi(m): 9:01am On Jun 19, 2015
MrsNaira:

Funny enough, we're in the same situation. I also want to order some things using Singapore post because I heard it's quite efficient. Na for here the problem fit dey.

The price Fedex gave me to ship to Lagos made me faint, the bill was more than half the cost of my items!!

So, I'm also waiting for the Nipost experts here for assurance before I weigh my options.

Cc: Mavinc4u
Mynd44

use hong kong post
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by BrainyBoi(m): 1:21pm On Jun 19, 2015
oribi:

dhl and ups somethings do take customs duty but don't know the complete reason for that,and that should be taken in your city of residence.
secondly if you want to avoid custom duty why not break your packages into different shipment using less expensive shipment like china post et all

Thanks bro. I'm actually thinking of using Singapore Post if that would be okay. Is that okay too?
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by oribi(m): 8:51pm On Jun 20, 2015
it's ok but hong kong post is faster
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by MrsNaira(f): 10:46pm On Jun 20, 2015
oribi:
it's ok but hong kong post is faster

Hong Kong post only works if you're ordering from Hong Kong. If ordering from Singapore, it's Singapore post. Just like NIPOST is for Nigeria.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by oribi(m): 1:15pm On Jun 29, 2015
MrsNaira:

Hong Kong post only works if you're ordering from Hong Kong. If ordering from Singapore, it's Singapore post. Just like NIPOST is for Nigeria.

Does not only work if your ordering from hong kong..most mailing companies now have mailing hubs in china because of the large e-commerce market for example swedish post,swiss post,post nl,etc

1 Like

Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by MrsNaira(f): 1:34pm On Jun 29, 2015
oribi:

Does not only work if your ordering from hong kong..most mailing companies now have mailing hubs in china because of the large e-commerce market for example swedish post,swiss post,post nl,etc

Really? Wow, I didn't know. Thanks for the info.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by oribi(m): 5:17pm On Jun 29, 2015
MrsNaira:

Really? Wow, I didn't know. Thanks for the info.

YOUR WELCOME
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by LizzieAde: 12:14pm On Jul 15, 2015
So, went in search of cheap courier services to deliver within the country... na wah! N4000 for a 0.5kg parcel to Awka... crazy!
Also branched by the EMS/NIPOST office (Garki, Abuja) only to be told that before you can recieve your international package you have to pay N1500 as per handling fees(1-5 kg=N1500, 6-10=2000, 11-15=2500 etc). I ask if this is official and the guy there even shows me a reciept for this service.
This is in addition to whatever customs duty you would also have to pay. Damn crazy and increasing operational costs unecessarily.
Please who can confirm this official handling charge to be true and legit?? :/
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by bpoju: 3:11pm On Jul 15, 2015
Naija.... I dont know much about Abuja Nipost but if its in Kaduna, I usually collect my packages from china through Singapore post to Nipost and am not billed anything, interesting thing is that the mail guy bring it to my house and atimes I give the guy money out of my free-will.... To me no charges for any packages oh... Buh mayb cos say na Abuja una dey dem wan collect MAGA MONEY.....
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by oribi(m): 9:36pm On Jul 16, 2015
LizzieAde:
So, went in search of cheap courier services to deliver within the country... na wah! N4000 for a 0.5kg parcel to Awka... crazy!
Also branched by the EMS/NIPOST office (Garki, Abuja) only to be told that before you can recieve your international package you have to pay N1500 as per handling fees(1-5 kg=N1500, 6-10=2000, 11-15=2500 etc). I ask if this is official and the guy there even shows me a reciept for this service.
This is in addition to whatever customs duty you would also have to pay. Damn crazy and increasing operational costs unecessarily.
Please who can confirm this official handling charge to be true and legit?? :/

dats outrageous
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by NoRetreat(m): 11:25pm On Aug 02, 2015
Dear Forum members. A friend in USA sent me a parcel through British Airways and I am to collect it at Airport Lagos.please where and how can I go about it . Thanks
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by oribi(m): 11:28pm On Aug 02, 2015
did she sent it through someone
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by justi4jesu(f): 6:23am On Aug 03, 2015
NoRetreat:
Dear Forum members. A friend in USA sent me a parcel through British Airways and I am to collect it at Airport Lagos.please where and how can I go about it . Thanks

How do you mean through British Airways, Was it via their courier or via someone.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by NoRetreat(m): 6:40am On Aug 03, 2015
justi4jesu:

How do you mean through British Airways, Was it via their courier or via someone.
I am sorry. Through courier. Thanks.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by bukunfunmi(f): 9:22am On Aug 13, 2015
dear all pls I need ur help. I bought things on aliexpress with free shipment. base on the tracking number it is confirmed that it has gotten to Nigeria since 5th of August. I tried tracking it on nipost but the page is not opening. pls advice me.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by oribi(m): 11:57am On Aug 13, 2015
bukunfunmi:
dear all pls I need ur help. I bought things on aliexpress with free shipment. base on the tracking number it is confirmed that it has gotten to Nigeria since 5th of August. I tried tracking it on nipost but the page is not opening. pls advice me.

go to the post office and check for your parcel
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by gdamola(m): 6:11pm On Aug 13, 2015
Hello friend, am expecting a package from India, after tracking on Nipost website..Here is what i got
vent TimeEvent DetailsNext OfficeEvent Office
Aug 12 2015 8:17AMUNSUCCESSFUL ITEM DELIVERY ATTEMPT NGYABA
Aug 12 2015 7:12AMRECEIVE ITEM AT DELIVERY OFFICE NGYABA
Aug 11 2015 12:53PMINSERT ITEM INTO DOMESTIC BAGNGYABANGLOSA
Aug 11 2015 10:37AMRECEIVE ITEM AT OFFICE OF EXCHANGE NGLOSA
Please what does it mean??
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by oribi(m): 1:19pm On Aug 14, 2015
gdamola:
Hello friend, am expecting a package from India, after tracking on Nipost website..Here is what i got
vent TimeEvent DetailsNext OfficeEvent Office
Aug 12 2015 8:17AMUNSUCCESSFUL ITEM DELIVERY ATTEMPT NGYABA
Aug 12 2015 7:12AMRECEIVE ITEM AT DELIVERY OFFICE NGYABA
Aug 11 2015 12:53PMINSERT ITEM INTO DOMESTIC BAGNGYABANGLOSA
Aug 11 2015 10:37AMRECEIVE ITEM AT OFFICE OF EXCHANGE NGLOSA
Please what does it mean??

ur parcel is at the post office since aug 12 so go to the post office and pick it up
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by bozz007(m): 12:05pm On Aug 17, 2015
Hi guys,

Good day.

I bought some goods through asos, UK that I want to return back to them.

How fast and reliable is the nipost parcel post and how much will it cost me?

the information on their website seems stale.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by oribi(m): 3:57pm On Aug 18, 2015
bozz007:
Hi guys,

Good day.

I bought some goods through asos, UK that I want to return back to them.

How fast and reliable is the nipost parcel post and how much will it cost me?

the information on their website seems stale.

depends on what medium you want to use either ems(faster and more expensive) or registered mail (slower and less expensive)
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by bukunfunmi(f): 5:56pm On Aug 24, 2015
oribi:

go to the post office and check for your parcel

dear all I've gone to check it at the post office but they have no info about the package. pls advice me what to do now.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by oribi(m): 7:13pm On Aug 24, 2015
bukunfunmi:

dear all I've gone to check it at the post office but they have no info about the package. pls advice me what to do now.

whats the tracking no

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (106) (Reply)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 / Free Skill Acquisition E-Center / How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.