Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,811 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

How do I deal with poor experience from Jumia? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How do I deal with poor experience from Jumia? (1003 Views)

Never Transact Any Business With Poor People / Please Don't Buy Anything From Jumia Online. / See A Suitcase Man Ordered From Jumia, See What He Got (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How do I deal with poor experience from Jumia? by buccy(f): 2:15am On Mar 25, 2020
I decided to drop this here, to save another person from getting cheated by Jumia and I will be brief.

I bought a rechargeable Lontor fan from Jumia for N22, 549 on the 26th of February, 2020 and exactly 7th March, 2020 ( 10days after) the fan stopped working. Firstly, it stopped working without being plugged in, then by that evening, it stopped working atall... like the blades will not even move.

I tried everything to contact Jumia insisting they sold me a defective fan and they should contact the vendor and all... well all their customer agents insisted I had passed the 7days return policy.

Well, it gets worse, the fan had a warranty in the pack, so I am like but I have a warranty, LOL... Jumia told me that my warranty is not for Nigeria use. One customer agent actually told me he has somewhere in computer village, he can refer me to.... WAWU!

I considered suing them and even reported them to FCCPC, but oh well nothing works in Nigeria. After some mental exhaustion, I tell myself why not just try repairing it...and so I take it to a fan repairer and he says I need a new battery and a board or something, everything cost N10,000.

Nairalanders, at the end of the day, the fan repair guy literally had to change everything the fan came with... from board and battery, we went to other things... I honestly can't remember their names.

Ladies and gentlemen, the fan is still not working. So, I succeeded in wasting N33,000.

Why am I writing this story? Jumia Nigeria is a fraud... I go back to my order request and I see that the particular fan has 3 comments saying it works well bla bla bla... then I look at the names of those making those comments and see "happy buyer" LOL... then it occurs to me this was a fraud from the beginning.

If you have something important to buy, please don't buy it on Jumia or for me right now, any of this online shops... spend your hard earned money somewhere else that you can actually get value for it.

I forget to.mention the name of the vendor is #Narro way electronics# RUN!!!

4 Likes

Re: How do I deal with poor experience from Jumia? by aikfrank(m): 2:48am On Mar 25, 2020
Wrong approach. When i had issue with an item i purchased with Konga, though it was still under the 7 days stuff. They were just tussling me around, saying bring it here, snap it, video it bla bla bla.

All i requested for was the address of the supplier, and i went there myself, i didn't leave his shop until i got a replacement.

First you need to understand how these things work. Jumia isnt the seller, they are just one middle man. If you have an issue, the best way is to request for the supplier's address so you can make the return yourself. If the item was shipped from a different country, then that's a different case

Regards

3 Likes

Re: How do I deal with poor experience from Jumia? by ubiplanet(m): 9:54pm On Apr 20, 2020
buccy:
I decided to drop this here, to save another person from getting cheated by Jumia and I will be brief.

I bought a rechargeable Lontor fan from Jumia for N22, 549 on the 26th of February, 2020 and exactly 7th March, 2020 ( 10days after) the fan stopped working. Firstly, it stopped working without being plugged in, then by that evening, it stopped working atall... like the blades will not even move.

I tried everything to contact Jumia insisting they sold me a defective fan and they should contact the vendor and all... well all their customer agents insisted I had passed the 7days return policy.

Well, it gets worse, the fan had a warranty in the pack, so I am like but I have a warranty, LOL... Jumia told me that my warranty is not for Nigeria use. One customer agent actually told me he has somewhere in computer village, he can refer me to.... WAWU!

I considered suing them and even reported them to FCCPC, but oh well nothing works in Nigeria. After some mental exhaustion, I tell myself why not just try repairing it...and so I take it to a fan repairer and he says I need a new battery and a board or something, everything cost N10,000.

Nairalanders, at the end of the day, the fan repair guy literally had to change everything the fan came with... from board and battery, we went to other things... I honestly can't remember their names.

Ladies and gentlemen, the fan is still not working. So, I succeeded in wasting N33,000.

Why am I writing this story? Jumia Nigeria is a fraud... I go back to my order request and I see that the particular fan has 3 comments saying it works well bla bla bla... then I look at the names of those making those comments and see "happy buyer" LOL... then it occurs to me this was a fraud from the beginning.

If you have something important to buy, please don't buy it on Jumia or for me right now, any of this online shops... spend your hard earned money somewhere else that you can actually get value for it.

Are you in Lagos?
What’s the size of the fan 16” or 18”?
Re: How do I deal with poor experience from Jumia? by dayocandy(m): 6:17pm On Oct 30, 2020
i just ordered a rechargeable fan from this same vendor on jumia, its due for delivery but the person never fufill the item, i guess am gonna cancle and try another seller,
he is taking long to fulfill the package thats why, no be say he delivered defective item, the fan is needed urgently
Re: How do I deal with poor experience from Jumia? by onos217(m): 3:53pm On Sep 02, 2021
buccy:

Sorry for your bad experience. However, if you still need a rechargeable fan,you can contact me. I am the best plug for rechargeable fans. I do repair as well.

(1) (Reply)

3 Websites That Pay You $25-$30 Per Hour For Editing / Hi / Mtn 245/GB, 270/1.5GB, Airtel 240/GB, Others network Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.